Kizzy fly by night.

By lovelies707

A young runaway arrives in 1980s London determined to escape from her past. However, the past is reluctant to... More

Untitled Part 1
Untitled Part 2
Untitled Part 3
Untitled Part 4
Untitled Part 5
Untitled Part 6
Untitled Part 7
Chapter 8
Untitled Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
#Soho#underneath the arches.
Part 13
Part 14
Roses are Red.
Part 15.
Part 16
part 16 exert
Run from your past.
part 17
Part 18
Part 19
Part 20
Part 21
Part 22
The End for time being:)
Kizzy Book 2. Good Girl. Bad Girl.
Part 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12.
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17.
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20.
Chapter 21
Chapter 22.
Chapter 23.
Chapter 24.
Chapter 25
Chapter 26.
Chapter 27.
Chapter 28
Chapter 29.
Chapter 30.
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44.
Chapter 45
Chapter 46.
Chapter 47.
Chapter 48.
Chapter 49.
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52.
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59.
Chapter 60.
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Epilogue
Kizzy : Book 3. Chapter 1 Kizzy's Truth
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Hen Night. Caspers!!
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Book 4. Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12

Part 12.

8 0 0
By lovelies707

Chapter 12

Kizzy

I frown. I've been sitting on a gravestone in the little park off Rupert Street waiting for Gale, who is busy behind some bushes with a sleazeball. How he can cheerfully blow all these men sickens me, it's not something I make a habit of unless of course, the price is right. My thoughts turn to Lulu. I wonder where on earth she is and if she's ok. A heavy feeling of uneasiness has lodged in the pit of my stomach and refuses to budge. Gale is certain that her punter is the same guy who had beaten him up. We should have tried harder to find her.

The park is empty apart from a few drunks asleep on benches. It's peaceful and doesn't feel like London at all. The marble from the gravestone chills my bones so I move to sit on the grass near the offending bush which is swaying from side to side.

"Hey Gale, hurry up will you, for God's sake."

Gale pops his head out from behind the hedge beaming, "Be right out."

I pull out a small compact from my pocket and check my face.

'Ugh.' that Bastard has really lost me money!

There is a rustling noise followed by a few snapping branches, Gale crawls out grinning wiping his mouth with a tissue. I observe the man who follows and the lingering look that he gives before hurrying away. The word 'Married' seems to be illuminated on his forehead.

"How much did he give you then?"

Gale smirks. "Enough."

"Well, I reckon you should give me half...I mean I've been sitting here like an idiot waiting for you. I must have lost at least three possible clients."

Gale laughs. "With that face, ha, I doubt it."

I hit him around the shoulder playfully.

"But I'll give you this Kiz, you sure are mercenary."

I slip my arm into his and smile. "I guess that's why you love me."

We head back to the office and I resign myself to not earning. It is almost empty so I slide comfortably into my usual seat and signal for two coffees. We sit opposite each other and I wait while he lights up a cigarette. I clear my throat dramatically.

"You do realize we've seen nothing of Lulu for hours...I mean what can she be doing with that creep? Surely it doesn't take that long and I know Lu, in and out is how she likes it."

He shrugs reluctant to give it too much thought. "Depends really, maybe he's booked her for the night."

I shake my head. "No way, you said yourself it sounded like that weirdo who beat you and..."

He blows smoke in my face. "Exactly, 'Sounds like'. For all we know he could have taken a real shine to her."

I pick up a sugar lump and start fiddling around the ridges.

"But what if she's in trouble and needs our help, what then?"

He sighs. "Well, then we're just going to have to wait it out and see."

I gulp my coffee. Obviously, he was right but that doesn't make me feel any better. Something's wrong, I can sense it. We sit in silence staring out of the window. Eventually, I get up and head towards Todd's shop. Gale watches and smiles. To him, I'm an annoying little sister, hard to live with yet impossible to live without.

12pm

The bus ride home is taking forever. I scan the streets hoping to catch a quick glimpse of Lulu, just enough to let me know that all is well. Lines of faceless people flutter past like moths and I know that sleep will be a long time coming.

The walk to Waterloo Bridge is interrupted by a young girl who looks no more than twelve.

"You got any spare change?"

I look her up and down she's filthy and stinks to high Heaven. I feel down my sock and pull out a damp five-pound note.

'Gale has to be good for something.' I think grimly.

The girl snatches at the money and I back away holding it just out of reach.

"You should go home you know. This is no place for you."

The girl's eyes stay focused on the note while she nods. Her hand shakes slightly when I place it in her palm.

"Thanks. I owe you ok."

And then she runs, scuttling away like a rat into the depths of Hell.

Podge growls as I approach the box. Once the curtain is pulled back he stands up all tail wagging joy. I climb inside and remove my trainers, placing them neatly in a corner. The small amount of money that Gale has shared is hardly worth banking but I still put it in the tin. Thoughts of Lulu keep me awake as I listen to the distant shrieks and hollers of the night.

6am

Dawn arrives and my eyes shoot open. I yawn and sit up reaching for a packet of wet wipes, then pour some food out for Podge. A slight improvement is noted when I inspect my face. After finger-combing my hair I draw back the curtain and Podge follows.

As I walk I acknowledge how lucky I am that not many people know my whereabouts. I have lived safely in the box for a while now but I know sooner or later that will have to end as winter is coming and it will show no mercy. Hearing my stomach rumble I decide to detour to Macdonalds. I stand by the window so that I can keep an eye on Podge. He sits on the ground scowling at people who smile at him. The egg muffin tastes like it has been under the heater for hours and I gag as the rubbery pieces lodge in my throat. After gulping down the last mouthful of coffee I get up with the intention of heading down to Leicester Square to look for Lulu.

I feel more confident about exposing my face. No Police have come to cart me off, I'd got away with it and there was one less monster on the street to worry about. I scoffed when I heard my attacker's father speak to newsmen.

'He was the kindest, most loving, and generous son that any father could ever hope to have. I will miss him forever.'

'Ha Right!'

I approach the little park in the square and scan the benches. Lulu's bench sits naked and unloved. My heart sinks as I survey the area and the truth hits me, something is wrong there's no getting away from it. This is Lulu's office, she's always here come rain or shine.

Podge pees loudly against a tree and I spy a familiar-looking tramp mumbling on the grass. I call to him. "Hey!"

He looks up bewildered, checking behind then pointing to himself in astonishment.

"Yeah you, have you seen that pretty lady that sits here every morning?"

He shakes his head and I approach him impatiently, "Do you even know who I'm talking about?"

He eyes me suspiciously unsure of my motives.

"She's got long dark hair and always wears red lipstick..."

"Haven't seen her...why? What's she done?"

"Just forget it ok!"

I call out to Podge and head in the direction of Gale's flat.

The walk rejuvenates me and I skip up to his door smiling as the sun breaks through. The doorbell buzzes with no reply. I try again hoping from one foot to the other. I'm just about to call it a day when I hear footsteps. The door opens softly and I peer through the crack in frustration.

"Gale it's me for God's sake."

Pushing the door open I walk past him into the room. A teaspoon and lighter is on the table with a small amount of brown powder. Gale follows behind me with his hands on his hips.

"You're going to have to decide whether you're moving in or not...I'm sick of you just turning up and using this place like a hotel."

I cackle loudly. "What are you my mum or something?"

He folds his arms clearly pissed. "It's not funny."

I flop down on the bed laughing and Podge eagerly follows.

Gale sits on the floor and tips some powder onto the spoon. He heats it carefully and we both watch fascinated as the flame slowly turns it to liquid. I want to knock it out of his hand and flush the lot down the loo but I don't, it's his funeral. He requests a plastic syringe from the bedside table and I pass it gingerly as if it carries the plague. I turn away unable to watch.

After a few moments, I clear my throat. "Are you done yet? Is it safe to look?"

"Mmm."

I look at him in frustration. "I'm moving in...thought you'd want to know."

He smiles dreamily.

"Gale, did you hear me? I said I'm fucking moving in!" I hesitate and gulp, "Tomorrow, I'm moving in tomorrow."

My heart pounds as I say it, wondering if I can really do it. Leaving my own space is a huge deal, especially with all the problems that Gale has. Then one word beams in front of me, 'Winter.' and I release the doubt.

Gale drifts off and I watch over him like an angel. I'm almost jealous and wish that I had someone to guard me in that way. My thoughts turn back to Lulu. Rummaging in my carrier bag for a pen and paper I scrawl him a note.

'Gone to search for Lu and take Podge home. See you later in office x'

"Come Podge we're out of here."

He reluctantly sits up licks Gale's face and jumps from the bed.

On the way home exhaustion hits me so I push past people to get a seat at the front of the bus ignoring all the dirty looks.

Someone taps me firmly on the shoulder. "Miss you should be offering your seat to that elderly lady."

I smile sweetly. "Oh I would if I could but I'm disabled."

He gives me the once-over before turning away and shaking his head. I hurry home with morbid thoughts of Lulu playing out before me.

Soho 7 pm

Soft jazz music flows out of the Vintage magazine shop and I stop to gaze at a Marylin Monroe poster in the window. I imagine myself in the picture, beautiful and adored by millions. The traffic lazily shuffles along and I dash over the road heading for the bakery. The shop is busy so I push eagerly to the front, past an angry line of customers. I notice that Todd has changed his bandanna from red to blue and wonder why. I make a mental note to tell him to change it back. Change in any shape or form makes me uneasy, I often joke that I was born worried.

"Hey! You have to wait in line like the rest of us."

I glance at the woman. If only she knew who she was talking to and what I'm capable of. I turn back to Todd who's glaring at me.

"No upset my customers ok."

"Ok sorry but listen this can't wait. I need to know if you've seen Lulu today?"

"Lulu?"

"You know the lady with the red lips and high heels...jet black hair."

He shakes his head, "No seen her for a long time."

I frown, "Oh shit... thanks, catch you later then."

I leave the shop with my heart pounding in the knowledge that I'm right. Something is wrong, I can feel it but I have no idea what to do next. Standing on the corner of Brewer Street I feel dazed and scared. There is no way on earth that Lulu will be able to fight off someone dangerous, she's far too ladylike. The more I had got to know her the more I'd seen through the brassy veneer. Behind it, she's a very gentle, kind spirit.

I haven't felt such panic since my mum died. Turning into Old Compton Street I come to an abrupt halt. Ahead of me, a blue Vauxhall has pulled up at the side of the road, The window is down and a young girl is leaning in talking to the driver.

I edge a little nearer,' it can't be...'

The windows are tinted and the girl is laughing. She turns briefly before entering the car. It looks very much like the girl who asked me for money the previous evening. I open my mouth to call out a warning but nothing comes out. The car speeds off and I stand dazed. Not knowing which way to turn I dash across the road to a payphone and dial 999. I tap my fingers impatiently while Podge sits.

"Emergency services, which service do you require?"

"Police."

There is a brief clicking before a gruff voice answers.

"Can I have your name please..."

"No...I'm sorry you just need to listen. There's a guy going around the west end abducting girls' from the street, you have to find him!"

There's a moment's silence before he speaks again. "I need to take some details down."

"Look this guy's crazy! My friend's vanished and I've just seen him pick up another girl...more like a kid! You've got to believe me and do something before it's too late."

I hang up the phone and walk briskly along the road, eyes alert but London as usual sees nothing and hurries along with life as normal. On the bus home, my mind snaps images of all the oddballs. I'll find this guy and when I do...

Soho

That evening I wait for Gale in the office, The news is on and I listen as the reader drones on. Gale taps on the window and I wave.

"Where's my coffee?" he smiles strolling in.

I shout out the order to the man behind the sizzling machine.

"So how's my girl then? What's new?"

I punch his arm playfully. "You're not going to believe this..."

He laughs. "Like I say, if you're involved Kiz I will always believe."

I lean forward. "Listen, I was walking up Old Compton street minding my own business..."

He holds his hand out. "Let's start with the truth OK, since when have you ever minded your own business?"

I pull a face feeling slightly hurt. "I swear this is true...Anyway, I see the blue car..."

He sighs. "The road is full of blue cars."

"No, THE car! You know the blue Vauxhall and that's not all..."

His eyes widen as he reaches for a cigarette. "Go on."

"Well, the other night this kid asked me for money. She was young, looked all of twelve."

I stop to take a sip of coffee.

"Anyway back to the car. It pulls up and there she is on the pavement with her head stuck in the window! before I could say anything they took off."

Gale listens, unsure if this is just another dramatic OTT story.

"I tell you Gale it was Lulu all over again! And where is Lu huh? Tell me that."

"Shit, what did you do?"

"I rang the Police, what did you think I'd do?"

He places his cup down. "What did you do that for? Last thing we need is them swarming around here."

I lean forward. "Look something's happened to Lulu...and that kid...well I'm betting she's in for some of the same, I had to do something."

We sit in silence. I'm appalled at how selfish Gale can be. The rape has definitely changed me, I clear my throat.

"Ok from now on we work in pairs, and while we're talking pairs don't forget I'm moving in."

His eyes light up. "When, did I miss something? "

I hesitate as thoughts of my beloved box jump into my mind. I really don't want to give it up...yet. "Well, soon. I have to sort out removal."

He giggles but wisely says nothing. We leave the office and begin our familiar beat, scanning all the bleak ghostly masks that hint at possible business. Working as a pair seems to have a negative effect. Plenty of interest is evident but as soon as the 'other' is noticed they scurry away like rats.

"Let's split up," I say suddenly. "No money's being made. How about one of us stands over the road, that way the other can take note of the scum head."

He nods erratically shaking slightly as he attempts to get words out. "Sorry, I need something... be back soon."

I nod disapprovingly and wonder if moving in with him is the right thing to do. I wave him off and he slumps away sweating. Brief thoughts about getting my own flat filter through my mind but I quickly squash them as I don't want any awkward questions about my age. Drink and drugs have never interested me and Gale seems to do the lot. I sigh heavily as a weary tiredness hits.

The night is dragging. I frown as I watch passersby all hurrying off to somewhere that they belong to. My mood dips as I don't belong anywhere. All I have is a cardboard box and Podge. I remember my distant family life and feel very lonely. A crescendo is bubbling to the surface, Lulu, my Dad, and not forgetting the little incident in Camden. My thoughts turn back to Gale, he could be another problem. He probably always was but I'd been so grateful to have a friend that I'd ignored the red flags. If I moved in with him would that mean I'd automatically turn to drugs? I sigh heavily and viciously kick a can at a wall. A man shoots me a dirty look.

"What's your problem?" I yell giving him the finger.

He walks away shaking his head and I have to battle to stop myself running after him with a torrent of abuse. Heading back to the office I hug my denim jacket closer to my chest and keep my head down but on high alert.

Soho is stinking tonight and I wonder why I've never overly noticed before. The putrid smell of rotten fruit and garbage hangs in the air making me gag. Again I wonder what the hell I'm doing. This isn't the life for me. That bastard in Camden had sure burst my bubble. I'm beginning to feel like just another girl on the street. I slink into the office and lay my head down on the table. It's thankfully quiet apart from a few stragglers in the corner.

"Hey! You want something?" shouts the waitress frowning.

"Coffee," I answer sullenly, "Black coffee."

I look up at the television blankly, a music video is playing but I can't hear any of the words.

A man walks inside the café. He smiles at me before going to place his order. He ambles back and clears his throat sharply. "Is anyone sitting here?"

"Can't see anyone."

He quickly sits down and extends his hand. "Pleased to meet you, I'm Robert."

I eye him gloomily. "Hi"

I shake his hand limply. All I really want to do is go home to the peace and quiet of my box.

He lights a slim cigar and offers me one. I shake my head glowering.

"So do you have a name?" he asks.

"What do you need that for?"

He laughs, highly amused and I glare at him.

"Well, I don't suppose I do only it does make things rather more civil."

He takes out his wallet and makes a great show of flicking through a wad of crisp ten-pound notes.

I think his acting skills leave a lot to be desired.

"I mean if you're busy..."

He puts his money away and gets up pretending to leave.

I kick myself into gear with a pinch. "Wait...I guess I have some time."

He sits back down smiling in an infuriatingly smug manner. "Do you have your own room?"

I beam. "No, but I know a great place that we can use and it's totally free."

I feel the old Kizzy jump back and inject me with a shot of adrenaline.

"I'm going to give you such a great time."

I lean in to whisper, "You do know that I'm only fourteen?"

His eyes glaze over with desire. "No...I had no idea."

He feels a creeping cloud of shame hover above his head but not for long as he stares at my sweet little face. Not for long at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.5K 122 36
Anyone who has grown up in a home filled with volatility and sinister secrets or who has seen it will agree that child abuse is wrong and repulsive...
2.1K 42 14
Tropes: Childhood friends to lovers, Soulmates, Twin Flames, she falls first but he falls harder (or is that the case . . .), you complete me, Tragi...
80.3K 1.3K 39
"You can't avoid me forever Lara" I chuckled "I'm ignoring you, you idiot" "Is it?" he slowly came towards me and pressed my body with his. Now I'm c...
53 9 4
Katelyn has escaped an abusive relationship at last, but she never could have imagined what - and who- awaited her on the other side.