FOTIA - percy jackson

By eustelia

๐‘ฐ๐‘ต ๐‘พ๐‘ฏ๐‘ฐ๐‘ช๐‘ฏ; Loralai Fotia, an undetermined demigod with a cursed mother learns to tolerate Percy Jackson... More

โ‡ ๐ข๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐จ๐๐ฎ๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง๐ฌ
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐จ๐ง๐ž โ‡ [๐˜›๐˜๐˜Œ ๐˜“๐˜๐˜Ž๐˜๐˜›๐˜•๐˜๐˜•๐˜Ž ๐˜›๐˜๐˜๐˜Œ๐˜]
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ; our pre-algebra teacher
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ; goodbyes and eavesdropping
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ‘; back home
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ’; waves of theories
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ“; cabin eleven
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ”; burst pipes
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ•; flaming food
๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ–; capture the flag
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ; fire in a rainstorm
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ; snakes, sticks & stones
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ; familiarity & a poodle's advice
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ‘; a deadly dive
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ’; bonnie and clyde
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ“; a godly trap
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ”; what happens in vegas, stays in vegas
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ•; a medieval waterbed
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ–; doggy daycare
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ—; realize, real lies
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ; family feud
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ; reunion in the clouds
๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ; festivities to fear
๐š๐œ๐ญ ๐ญ๐ฐ๐จ โ‡ [๐˜›๐˜๐˜Œ ๐˜š๐˜Œ๐˜ˆ ๐˜–๐˜ ๐˜”๐˜–๐˜•๐˜š๐˜›๐˜Œ๐˜™๐˜š]

๐ŸŽ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ—; quests and dreams

317 22 12
By eustelia

PERCY WAS MOVED to cabin three the next morning. Loralai watched him go miserably. Just as he started to settle in, his schedule was disrupted again. She couldn't ignore how everyone at camp was avoiding him, how alone he looked.

It wasn't similar to the avoidance that happened at Yancy. Sure, that was sad. But being denied because of your parent's mistakes was even harder. Loralai knew the feeling, but flowed along with the river anyway. It wasn't like she had really talked to him before, anyway. She was sure he didn't notice.

With the stress of a Big Three child coming to camp, the nervousness everyone had that monsters would stop at nothing to kill him, Loralai thought that when she'd go to sleep, she'd at least get a break.

Wrong.

The recurring dream returned, more frightening and detailed than ever. She could physically smell her mother's dusty perfume, feel her nails as they scraped across her cheek gently.

Loralai decided to call the feeling, or force that she felt during sword practice Breath.

Breath had been in the dreams as well, laughing at Loralai as she desperately begged Breath to tell her what her mother was saying. Melissa's words sounded so urgent, so sorrowful, Loralai had to know.

Was it an apology? Was it about her true father?

The only improvement Loralai had made was snatching control of the scream she used to let out. The fiery sensation, however, could not be controlled.

Exercise was the only thing that took her mind off of it. Loralai would train until the conch blew for dinner, her muscles were starting to get more defined. Annabeth expressed her worries openly.

Look, Loralai truly wanted to tell her best friend about the dreams, but there was this lingering feeling that if she did, Breath would stop giving her small hints. And by hints, she meant giving her one-word translations of her mother's groans.

The list was short and spread out: Quest, will, and a. OK, so it wasn't a lot of progress, but at least she knew it was about a quest, which gave her a sting of motivation.

-

A STORM BREWED over camp, the dark clouds loomed over everyone. No one mentioned it, yet everyone looked tense. Loralai waited patiently in the other room as Mr. D talked to Percy.

Chiron had called her over, she didn't know what for. She was praying it was a quest. Then again, she always prayed that. Grover peeked inside from the porch. "Chiron's ready for you," he informed. Loralai gulped, following the satyr outside where Percy was standing.

Percy's expression grew sour. "What are you doing here?" He asked bluntly. His eyes flickered around, trying to focus on everyone but her. Percy still found her eyes hard to look at, the lava-like color bright and freaky.

"I know just as much as you," she spat back, crossing her arms as she walked towards Chiron. The teacher looked anxiously between them, unsure what to do except talk. "I apologize, I must've missed something," Chiron stated. The way he said it sounded like a question, so Percy answered him viciously, "She's the worst."

"You'll meet worse, Percy," Chiron said, amused by their banter. "Far worse than the hellhound before you're done." Brows furrowed, Percy questioned, "Done with what?"

Chiron stared at Loralai with a knowing smile, raising his brows as if to say: "you take it from here." Tilting her head, Loralai thought for a moment, before a large beam appeared on her face. "Done with our quest?" Loralai guessed.

Chiron nodded and Loralai slapped a hand over her mouth, trying not to squeal. Already knowing Loralai's answer, Chiron turned to Percy. "Will you accept it?"

"Um, sir," Percy deadpanned, "you haven't told me what it is yet." Chiron grimaced like someone had just touched an open wound. "Well, that's the hard part, the details," he stressed.

Thunder rumbled across the valley. The storm clouds had now reached the edge of the beach. As far as they could see, the sky and the sea were boiling together.

Loralai muttered softly, "Poseidon and Zeus." Percy's eyes shot towards Chiron. "They're fighting, aren't they? Over something valuable, something that was stolen."

Chiron, Grover and Loralai all exchanged looks. Outraged at the fact that they all knew already except for him, the boy huffed. For a moment, Chiron glared at Loralai. The girl waved her hands frantically with denial. "I didn't tell him!"

Face hot, Percy wished he hadn't opened his mouth. "She didn't, Chiron," Percy said. "The weather since Christmas has been weird, like the sea and the sky are fighting. Then I overheard some satyrs talking about it, something about a theft. And... I've been having some dreams," He told him, glancing at the floor when he reached the last part.

Loralai was taken aback. "Me, too. But... something different." The others waited for her to specify, but she didn't. Grover perked up. "I knew it!"

"Hush, satyr," Chiron ordered. "But it is their quest!" Grover's eyes were bright with excitement. "It must be!" Stroking his bristly beard, Chiron finalized, "Only the Oracle can determine."

The centaur then looked at Percy with seriousness written on his features. "Nevertheless, Percy, you are correct. Your father and Zeus are having their worst quarrel in centuries. They are fighting over something valuable that was stolen. To be precise: a lightning bolt."

Laughing nervously, Percy asked, "A what?" Chiron gave him a warning look, cautioning, "Do not take this lightly. I'm not talking about some tinfoil-covered zig zag you'd see in a second grade play."

Loralai stifled her laugh as Chiron continued, "I'm talking about a two-foot-long cylinder of hide-grade celestial bronze, capped on both ends with god-level explosives."

"Oh," Percy mumbled.

"Zeus' master bolt," Chiron said, getting worked up now. "The symbol of his power, from which all other lightning bolts are patterned. The first weapon made by the Cyclopes for the war against the Titans, the bolt that sheared the top of Mount Etna and hurled Kronos from his throne; the master bolt, which packs enough power to make mortal hydrogen bombs look like firecrackers."

"And it's missing?" Percy assumed. "Stolen," Chiron corrected. "By who?" The centaur replied like the teacher Percy originally knew him as, "By whom." Once a teacher, always a teacher.

"By you," Loralai blurted. Percy's mouth fell open, now he was getting worked up, his face turning red. "You're such a liar, Lo-'' Chiron held up a hand, shutting Percy up.

"Loralai's correct, in a way. That's what Zeus thinks. During the winter solstice, at the last council of the gods, Zeus and Poseidon had an argument. The usual nonsense: 'Mother Rhea always liked you best,' 'Air disasters are more spectacular than sea disasters,' et cetera."

Loralai had known about the gods' existence for five years, and their childishness still shocked her.

Chiron continued after a slight pause, "Afterwards, Zeus realized his master bolt was missing, taken from the throne room under his very nose. He immediately blamed Poseidon. Now a god cannot usurp another god's symbol of power directly- that is forbidden by the most ancient of divine laws. But Zeus believes your father convinced a human hero to take it."

Immediately, Percy objected, "But I didn't-"

"Patience and listen, child," Chiron hushed. "Zeus has good reason to be suspicious. The forges of the Cyclopes are under the ocean , which gives Poseidon some influence over the makers of his brother's lightning. Zeus believes Poseidon has taken the master bolt, and is now secretly having the Cyclopes build an arsenal of illegal copies, which might be used to topple Zeus from his throne. The only thing Zeus wasn't sure about was which hero Poseidon to steal the bolt. Now Poseidon has openly claimed you as his son. You were in New York over the winter holidays. You could've easily snuck into Olympus. Zeus believes he has found his thief," Chiron finished.

Percy blinked, taking in Chiron's words distastefully. "But I've never even been to Olympus! Zeus is crazy!" Percy yelled. The others glanced nervously at the sky, Loralai gasped dramatically. The clouds didn't seem to be going anyway, enclosing the valley in like a coffin lid.

"Er... Percy...?" Grover said. "We don't use the c-word to describe the Lord of the Sky."

Which one? Because he's both, Loralai thought, smirking to herself.

"Perhaps, paranoid," Chiron suggested. "Then again, Poseidon has tried to unseat Zeus before. I believe that was question thirty-eight on your final exam..."

He looked at Loralai and Percy as if he really expected them to remember question thirty-eight, even after all that had happened since Yancy. Loralai paused. She had forgotten about Yancy. With all that was going on now, a part of her actually missed the obliviousness she had back then.

Chiron waited patiently for an answer as thoughts circled Percy's mind. How could he steal a God's weapon? He could've even stolen a slice of pizza from Gabe's poke party without getting busted.

"The golden net," Loralai answered. "Poseidon, Hero, and a couple other gods trapped Zeus and didn't let him out until he agreed to be a better ruler."

Chiron said, "Correct," the centaur smiled. "And Zeus has never trusted Poseidon even since. Of course, Poseidon denies stealing the master bolt. He took great offense at the accusation. The two have been arguing back and forth for months, threatening war. And now, Percy's come along- the proverbial last straw."

"But I'm just a kid!" Percy whined. Grover cut in, "Percy, if you were Zeus, and you already thought your brother was plotting to overthrow you, then your brother suddenly admitted he had broken the sacred oath he took after World War II, that he's fathered a new mortal hero who might be used as a weapon again you... Wouldn't that put a twist in your toga?"

Loralai's face scrunched up, disgusted as she remembered how her dad had possibly gotten her mother to fall in love with him wearing a toga. Those things were Halloween costumes, now.

"But I didn't do anything," Percy replied, "Poseidon- my dad- he didn't really have this master bolt stolen, did he?"

Chiron sighed. "Most thinking observers would agree that thievery is not Poseidon's style. But the sea god is too proud to try convincing Zeus of that. Zeus has demanded that Poseidon return the bolt by summer solstice. June twenty-first, ten days from now. Poseidon wants an apology for being called a thief by the same date. I hoped that diplomacy might prevail, but now your arrival has inflamed Zeus' temper. Now neither god will back down unless someone intervenes. Unless the master bolt is return to Zeus before the solstice, there will be a war-"

"What?" Loralai interrupted. "Hold on, you never told me and Annabeth that part." Chiron tilted his head a few times. "Well, I didn't want you to be afraid and inform other campers," he explained. Loralai felt betrayed by the accusation. She would've- still, though, rude!

He looked at Percy, his face blank with solemnness. "Do you know what a full-fledged war would look like, Percy?" After taking a swift moment, Percy guessed, "Bad?"

"Imagine the world in chaos. Destruction. Carnage. Millions dead as the Olympians are forced to choose sides between Zeus and Poseidon. Western civilization turned into a battle ground so big it will make the Trojan War look like a water-balloon fight."

"Bad," Percy repeated, with that dumb look on his face that Loralai grew to despise. "And you, Percy Jackson, would be the first to feel Zeus' wrath," Chiron deadpanned.

Loralai cleared her throat. "Sorry, Chiron. But where do I come in on all of this?" She questioned, getting bored of the back and forth of, "I didn't do it," and "Blah blah blah, Zeus history."

Chiron paused as if he was trying to think of something. Eventually, he explained, "I can't tell you your exact purpose, because he did not- I mean, I do not know." Loralai bit the inside of her cheek. "But, you've been a great assistance to Percy, so far."

Percy chuckled, mumbling under his breath angrily. Loralai was dumbfounded. "So I'm his side-kick?" Chiron shrugged. "I can not tell you your exact purpose," He repeated. Loralai scoffed.

It started to rain. Volleyball players stopped their game and stared in stunned silence at the sky. Percy had brought this storm onto Half-Blood Hill. Zeus was punishing the whole camp because of me. The boy was furious.

"So, I have to find the stupid bolt with Loralai," Percy stated. "And return it to Zeus."

"What better a peace offering," Chiron said, "than to have the son of Poseidon and a forgiving demigod return Zeus' property." Loralai didn't know what Chiron had meant by 'forgiving', but she didn't like the way he had said it.

"If Poseidon doesn't have it, where is the thing?"

"I believe I know." Chiron's expression was grim. "Part of a prophecy I had years ago.. Well, some of the lines make sense to me, now. But before I can say more, you must officially take up the quest. You must seek the counsel of the oracle." Loralai threw her hands up in disbelief, she had always wanted to see the Oracle, no matter how creepy it was.

Ignoring the girl's noticeable reaction, Percy asked, "Why can't you tell me where the bolt is beforehand?"

Readjusting his hooves worriedly, Chiron replied, "Because if I did, you would be too afraid to accept the challenge." Percy swallowed. "Good reason."

"You agree, then?" Chiron questioned. The younger boy glanced at Grover, who nodded encouragingly. He didn't spare Loralai a glance. It was easy for them to insist for him to go when they weren't the ones Zeus wanted to kill.

"All right," Percy said. "It's better than being turned into a dolphin."

Chiron then told Percy where the oracle was, Loralai watched as Percy strolled inside, blissfully unaware that Chiron was not joking when he said that some people went insane from talking to it.

-

AROUND TEN MINUTES had gone by. Grover, Chiron, and Loralai waited for Percy at the pinochle table. Tapping her finger on the wood rhythmically, Loralai sighed.

"You said you had dreams, Loralai," Grover prompted . Her head flickered up, her amber eyes focusing on the satyr. Loralai nodded. "With my mom and Breath- well, that's what I call it- Breath is like... this rumbling voice coming from the ground."

Both Chiron and Grover pondered this, trying to decrypt it. Finally, Percy came downstairs, slipping into a chair at the table. "Well?" Chiron asked him. "She said I would retrieve what was stolen," Percy said. Grover sat forward, chewing excitedly on the remains of a Diet Coke can. "That's great!"

Chiron eyed the boy suspiciously. "What did the Oracle say exactly?" The centaur pressed. "This is important." Percy's ears were still tingling from the reptilian voice. "She.." He paused abruptly, like it wasn't actually a she that had said this to him.

"--It said that I would go west and face a god who had turned. I would retrieve what was stolen and see it safely returned."

"I knew it," Grover said, proud of a prediction of his coming true for the second time that day.

Chiron didn't look satisfied. Loralai knew that the Oracle didn't just give him one line, that's not how it worked. "Anything else?" Chiron queried.

Percy didn't want to tell him, thoughts racing through his mind. Which friend would betray him? He didn't have that many to choose from. And the last line, what kind of Oracle would send him on a quest then tell him, Oh, by the way, you'll fail.

"No," Percy replied. "That's about it."

Loralai pinched her arm, restraining herself from shaking the boy back and forth until he confessed what was troubling him about the quest. It'd be nice for her to know, after all, she was going on this quest, too.

Chiron studies Percy's face. "Very well, Percy. But know this: the Oracle's words often have double meanings; don't dwell on them too much. The truth is not always clear until events come to pass," he comforted, clearly aware that Percy was holding back.

"Okay," Percy said, anxious to quickly change the topic, "so where do we go? Who's this god in the west?"

Loralai's thoughts were released from their leash like a dog, gnawing at her gut feeling. Chiron quizzed Percy, slightly giving him hints on to which god they had to visit. It all made sense, really. The god got a kick about scaring demigods, he probably had talked to Percy in his dream as well.

The rumbling voice from the ground. Breath. "Hades," Percy eventually managed. Loralai looked up at him, they made careful eye contact for a second before Percy hastily looked away. The girl saw his adams apple bob in his throat.

"The Lord of the Dead is the only possibility." Chiron nodded. A piece of scrap metal clattered out of Grover's mouth. "Whoa, wait. Wh-what?"

"A Fury came after Percy," Chiron reminded him, Loralai tried not to freeze at the sound of Chiron calling them by name. "She watched the young man until she was sure of his identity, then tried to kill him. Furies obey only one lord: Hades."

Protesting, Grover's voice turned high-pitched, "Yes but- but Hades hates all heroes. Especially if he has found out Percy is a son of Poseidon..."

"A hellhound got into the forest," Chiron continued. "Those can only be summoned from the Fields of Punishment, and it had to be summoned by someone within the camp. Hades must have a spy here. He must suspect Poseidon will try to use Percy to clear his name. Hades would very much like to kill this young half-blood before he can take on the quest."

"Great," Percy muttered. "That's two major gods who want to kill me." Grover swallow. "But a quest to... I mean, couldn't the master bolt be in some place like Maine? Maine's very nice this time of year," he suggested anxiously.

Chiron told Percy that it was likely that Hades sent a minion to camp, framing Percy and Poseidon. A strange fire burned in Percy's stomach. The weirdest thing was: it wasn't fear; it was anticipation. The desire for revenge. Hades had tried to kill him three times so far. The Fury, the Minotaur, and the hellhound. It was his fault that his mother had disappeared in a flash of fight, and now he was trying to frame him.

A wave of anticipation rolled over Loralai, too. Except hers was different, colder. If she proved herself on this quest, her dad would claim her. Hopefully. Loralai had dreamed of this moment for so long, alongside Annabeth, and now that it was finally here, she didn't know if she had the guts to do it. Woah, she told herself, you can do this.

Thinking of Annabeth jolted her awake, waiting for Chiron to stop giving Percy a pep talk about how Poseidon needed him. Percy looked at Chiron. "You've known I was Poseidon's son all along, haven't you?"

Loralai dismissively answered for the centaur, "Yeah, yeah, Seaweed Brain. Chiron always has his suspicions on these kinds of things." She put on her best 'I'm-full-of-hope-feel-bad-for-me' eyes, then asked, "Chiron, can Annabeth come?"

The centaur looked at her warily. Behind him, Annabeth took off from her Yankees camp, looking at Chiron expectantly. Chiron let out a heavy sign. "If that's what Percy wants." Percy frowned. So he didn't have a choice whether Loralai came or not, but he got free will when it came to Annabeth.

The blonde girl stared at him with hope. Percy knew that both Loralai and her had wanted a quest ever since they'd been here. He felt he would regret it, but he wasn't cruel. "Yeah, why not. A group of four will work."

Grover anxiously nibbled on aluminum bits like they were crisps. "Grover, you are coming, right?" Percy prompted. The satyr let a piece of card dribble out of his mouth. "Yeah... I mean, satyrs and the underground... well."

"You don't have to go," Percy told him. Grover took a deep breath, then stood up confidently, brushing the shredded cards and aluminum bits off his T-shirt. "You saved my life, Percy. If... if you're serious about wanting me along, I won't let you down." Percy grinned. "All the way, G-man."

There was a moment of silence. Loralai scanned the group she would be traveling with. Annabeth, Grover, Percy and her. Not bad, she thought.

"So, we just go west to..."

"Los Angeles," Chiron finished, looking a little surprised that he didn't know his geography very well. "Right, so we'll just take a plane," Percy settled.

"No!" They all shrieked in unison.

-

(a/n)

- OH. MY. DAYS. THAT CHAPTER TOOK ME ALLLL DAY!!!!!!!! ugh.

- i hope you enjoyed! guys im trying to add crumbs for percy and loralai but likee yeah most of them are metaphors that yall probably dont catch so idk. ill try add some obvious hints but the tags say SLOW.BURNNN.

- i wanna say act one will be finished like mid-next week because im gonna go crazy trust like double updates EVERY DAY. even tho these chapters are sooo long bro. dw i'll still make it interesting like it won't be rushed writing it'll just be a LOT of late nights haha.

-omds chiron stop talking we get it you like to monologue put me out of my misery

thank u for ur support so far! pls CONTINUE VOTING because it really gives me that push of motivation to write another chapter! it's v appreciated <3

-eustelia

wordcount: 3597

----

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

109K 6.8K 60
The Daughter of Darkness walks the lands in search of something. Purpose. Love. Friendship. Her mind couldn't or doesn't want to know what she seeks...
143K 4.1K 35
WARNING: badly written but a rewrite is up on my page REDAMANCY | Lorna and her friends are the demigods of the great prophecy. Together, they will s...
241K 8K 50
โ ๐™Ž๐™Š๐™๐™๐™”, ๐™Ž๐™๐˜ผ๐™ ๐™‚๐™„๐™๐™‡, I just have to make sure I can still look at you." โ ๐™๐™ƒ๐™„๐™‰ ๐™๐™๐˜พ๐™†๐™„๐™‰๐™‚ ๐™„๐˜พ๐™€, Jackson.โž ...
107K 2K 25
โwe'de still worship this loveโž [ COMPLETED ] โ˜… ๐ข๐ง ๐ฐ๐ก๐ข๐œ๐ก percy jackson and lena brown were the best of friends until they weren't ๐จ๐ซ ๐ข๐ง ๏ฟฝ...