Hidden Feelings

By lukesbeauner

"Hand that over its mine!" I screamed. "No! I had my eyes on it first!" he retorted back. My eyes blazed with... More

Hidden Feelings
Chapter 1 - The Box of Kleenex in Walmart
Chapter 2 - My New Neighbour
Chapter 3 - Ego bigger than Australia
Chapter 4 - The Embarassing Dinner Time
Chapter 5 - Egotistic Boy
Chapter 6 - Jealousy Kills
Chapter 7 - Chemistry with Jai
Chapter 8 - The Breakfast Club
Chapter 9 - Mean Girls
Chapter 10 - The Brooks' House
Author's note
Chapter 11- McDonald's Feud
Chapter 12 - Plod the Policeman
Chapter 13- The Sleepover
Chapter 14- Knowing Jai Better
Chapter 15- Falling Out

Chapter 16 - Fire Breathing Monster

229 13 2
By lukesbeauner

You know, life is strange.

One moment, you're at your highest. You're happy and you feel like nothing is ever gonna bring you down.

But the next moment, life is like, "No, I have to drag you down, you're too happy right now."

Unlucky things happen to you and I feel like that is my current situation right now.

I am currently lying down on my bed and contemplating about my life. I have just lost two of my bestest friends to a silly fight.

Was I being too selfish?

Did I like my selfishness crowd the way of my friendship?

I was too harsh, really, I admit.

I should really apologise to them.

Sighing, I stood up and wore my Chuck Taylor's, ready to walk to their houses and apologise.

But would they accept my apology?

I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. I was too terrible as a person. They did not deserve treatments like that. Maybe I should buy them a "I'm sorry" gift.

Yeah, okay, I thought as I headed for Walmart.

Anything was way better tham drowing in my guilt in the comfort of my bedroom.

I threw on my sweater before I left the house in case it got too cold and unbearable. Like my feelings.

The walk to Walmart was short and I thought carefully of what I was to say to them later on.

"Hey, I'm really sorry about earlier. I didn't mean to snap at you really. I'm really very sorry, please accept my apology."

That sounded so desperate.

But who said I wasn't?

Whatever, they had been my friends for so many years that I figured it would be better to go unarmed.

Thanks to them, I ignored all Jai's calls and texts because I was so guilty.

Yeah, I'm not the best person I admit.

The walk to Walmart was as bad as it gets.

A bird pooped on my hair and as a car skid on the road, it splashed water on my clothes and face. The water was muddy and disgusting.

And then as a final slap to my face, the rain poured down suddenly in torrents.

Great, just great, I thought as I plodded through the rain unhappily.

It's safe to say that I arrived at Walmart looking like some poor hobo wandering around everywhere. Yep, me.

I'll just get them some ice cream.

I plodded my way to the freezer section and there were only four left.

Why does Walmart always run out of supplies? What business is this? How outrageously outrageous! Does it want me to boycott them? Huh?? Walmart?? Speak for yourself!

"Ha sucker!" a fat kid of twelve yelled. "Mine now!"

He grabbed three of them and ran away as fast as his fats could carry him. Well, it was rather slow.

Obnoxious kid!

I would have slapped him silly but today wasn't the day.

One. I might as well take it.

As I reached out, a hand slapped mine away and took it instead.

"What the hell," I raged. "Who is it now?"

I turned around to face whoever did that. I swear if it was that obnoxious fat boy I would tackle him to his death and pull out his intes-

My eyes widened.

"Well, fancy meeting you here. We meet again."

Luke Brooks.

On other days, I might have fought to get the ice cream but today just wasn't my day, you know?

So I let him have it and walk away.

"You're not even going to fight for it?" he asked in a simply shocked manner.
"I can just have it?"

I nodded quickly and rushed to the exit to leave. I don't want to see any of the Brooks. I'm not feeling it.

"Wait!" he yelled.

I turned around slowly.

"I sense something is wrong."

No shit?

He grumbled. "So you can have this."

He stuck out his hand with the ice cream and looked at me expectantly.

"No," I said quietly. "You can have it."

On that, I turned around once more and walked to the exit.

"Wait!" he called out once again.

What now? I thought angrily.

I promptly ignored him and went out, making my strides larger.

But no. He placed his hand on my shoulder and jolted me back to where I was, standing in front of him.

I crossed my arms and stared him unhappily.

"I demand you have this."

What the hell?

And to think a few months back we were fighting over some dumb tissue box.

Now he wanted me to have it? Is this some sick joke of reversed psychology? My goodness.

So I did something rashly.

I took the ice cream out of his hands roughly and threw it on the floor, hard.

It splattered and the container broke. Ice cream seeped out from the sides. What a sad, sorrowful sight. Like me, very much like me.

"What the hell?" he asked in an unhappy snappy tone. "What crawled up your ass and died there?"

"You know what? My middle finger!" I said as I pointed it at him.

"Look, as much as you love shoving fingers up your ass, you made a mess! What's wrong with you? Time of the month?" he yelled.

Do not, I repeat, do not ever bring up a girl's time of the month when she's mad.

Very bad choice.

I exploded. "What's wrong with me? What's wrong with me? Maybe you should check what's wrong with you! You are so freaking problematic with all your mood swings and bipolarness! I don't know what the shit your problem is, but I do not want any of it!"

With every word, I jabbed my finger into his chest.

His face contorted into a sneer.

"I hate you."

Ouch.

"Good!" I shouted. "I don't need you to like me!"

Ugh! I stormed away and a hand stopped me again!

What the actual rubbish of hell!

"What do you want!" I raged. "Stop annoying me!"

I then realised that I was shouting at the Walmart worker. Oh.

"Miss," he said warily as of I would burst out at him any moment. "You have to clean up the mess you made and pay for it."

Not today, Walmart, not today.

"It's your fault actually! If it wasn't for this market which keeps running out of goods, this wouldn't have happened! I wouldn't be in this situation right now! I'm filing a complain to the manager! Don't you think that I won't do it, because I will! This is much very socially unacceptable! I will not just stand back and watch this happen! I will fight! I will not hold back!"

Minutes later, I was scrubbing the floor with an unhappy worker's face looming over me.

Could this day get any worse?

--

Three fingers of mine were up. I'd pissed off three people in total.

The phone rang and four fingers went up instead. I was still ignoring Jai.

Yes, I know. I tend to make the worst choices ever. I have to stop with my on-off attitude, honestly.

Five fingers went up. I'd pissed myself off too.

Six now. The Walmart worker wasn't very happy with me and I think that it's safe to say that I wasn't going into Walmart anytime soon.

Sigh, really. I need to get my shit together.

I'll apologise. I was wrong to Luke, even. I was like some fire breathing dragon lady who yelled at everything.

Maybe I'll just stay in my room forever and ever so I wouldn't have to face cold, harsh reality.

LUKE'S POV

She has problems, I'm sure of it.

And by that, I mean the mental ones because seriously? She was bloody over-reacting.

Ruined my day.

I even told her I hated her and to my chagrin, she wasn't upset with it! Stupid little nitwit!

I didn't mean it, anyway. She just made me mad.

I walked back home, replaying whatever happened. Originally I wamted to get the ice cream to just play with her a little, because her reactions always cracked me up.

But not today, not today.

Today I was mad.

She was acting like some prissy little princess and I really didn't like it. Not one bit.

I opened the door to my house and found Jai throwing his phone on the floor.

Okay...

"What on earth!" he yelled to himself.

"What's the problem Jai-kins?" I asked.

"Demi's not answering her phone."

Her again!

I swear, she's driving everyone crazy. Ballistic.

"Oh yeah?" I answered.

"Have you seen her around? Should I go look for her? Am I too clingy? I'm worried! Is this because of our relationship? Have I done something wrong?" he asked me desperately.

She was driving my brother up the wall. I'm not pleased with her at the moment.

Sure, if she's mad, no need to drag others in!

"Well Jai, I suggest you go look for her and see how she's doing," I said. "Like some stupid little rat!"

Of course I didn't add in the last part, but I was sure as hell thinking it.

"Great idea!" he said. "But what if she doesn't want to see me?"

"Nah, that won't happen," I reassured him. But I thought differently. Surely that would happen.

I hope that this is just a temporary phase because let's be honest, she was a pain in the ass.

I think she really sticks her middle fingers up them!

--

Four months of me missing in action! Anyone missed me? No? Okay.

I have been reading a lot lately on Wattpad, and gathering inspiration to write better. So yeah, sorry for the long wait.

I reached 600+ votes! Yay, finally! Last chapter I said I would update when I reached that amount and here it is! A chapter! Woo hoo!

About the story: I made Demi really irrational here because we can't have niceness and passiveness all the time!

Dayum, angry Luke (but sexy af too)! He really doesn't like her attitude!

Anyway, vote if you haven't! (previous chapters too ;) ) It keeps me writing. (:
COMMENTS ARE GREATLY APPRECIATED TOO!

My next update would be when i have 700+ votes. Thank you Wattpadpedians! Until next time!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2.3K 24
A/N, Warning: this book is so old and I made it when I didn't know how to write properly, so it's kind of ridiculous and not logical. There's grammar...
65.4K 1.1K 46
Savannah falls in love with her next door neighbour, her housemate and her brothers friend. Their relationship is a secret. How will she react when s...
787 45 12
I could hear her footsteps running behind me; so I intentionally made long steps. When I stopped and turned around she bumped into my chest and about...
90.9K 4.6K 57
Have you ever wondered what more you could be missing when you have everything? Well, Michelle Reynold who is 17, a senior, blond and beautiful, have...