Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

By Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 23 : Family
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 24 : Grateful to have you!

3.1K 304 68
By Amateurmisswriter_

Next morning was a cheerful event in Singhania Mansion. Sharda was like a breath of fresh air. Ashi was delighted to have her around. Sharda was gentle and and had love filled aura around herself.

"Aap rehne dijiye, Maasi.."

"Mere haath ka bhi toh kha kar dekho, Ashi." Sharda smiled at her as she took the kneaded dough from her to make parathas. "Tumhare jitna achcha nhi par bura khana mai bhi nhi banati."

"Mera woh matlab nhi tha, Maasi.." Ashi said quickly.

Sharda laughed. "Mai toh mazak kar rhi thi, beta."

Ashi smiled. "Thik hai, aap bana lijiye aap jo banana chahti hai, maasi, par mujhe help toh karne dijiye?"

"Haan, tumhari help toh chahiye mujhe!"

"Boliye na, Maasi?"

"Hume guest nhi family ke tarah treat karogi?"

Ashi stepped back and let her take over. Sharda was being too kind in calling them as family, she could also do with a little bit of sharing. That was when Arnav entered the kitchen and was surprised to find Sharda.

"Maasi, aap kitchen me kyun.."

"Maasi wants to cook for us, Arnav!" Ashi replied before Sharda could. Arnav nodded and didn't press further.

"Tum kitchen me kya kar rhe ho, beta?" Sharda asked him.

"Pav bhaji banana tha, maasi." Arnav said as he took out the vegetables.

"You can cook?" Sharda didn't hide her surprise.

"Aapka beta professional se bhi jyada achcha chef hai, maasi." Ashi laughed. "Kha kar dekhiye aap!

Sharda's heart melted at how Ashi referred to Arnav as her son. She did love Arnav like her own son but she didn't get the chance to express that love.

"Aap kya bana rhi hai, maasi?" Arnav asked.

"Aloo parathe..."

"Ayu ko bohot pasand hai." Arnav smiled.

"Aur pav bhaaji Aru ko!" Ashi smiled. "Aapke laadle ki hi demand hai na?"

Arnav raised his eyebrows at her, giving a pointed look to the kheer she had already prepared. "Mera laadla?"

Ashi looked away. Aryan had been very upset last night when he had to sleep without seeing Arnav. Ashi just wanted to cheer him up.

"Aap bana lo pav bhaji, mai Aru aur Ayu ko dekh ke aati hoon ready hue ya nhi." Ashi walked out.

Sharda caressed Arnav's cheeks. "Aur tujhe?"

Arnav looked at her confusedly.

"Tujhe kya pasand hai?"

Arnav blinked his eyes. He didn't remember when was the last time someone asked him that.

"Bata na, bachcha. Tujhe Jo pasand hai wohi bana doongi." Sharada insisted.

Arnav composed himself and smiled. "Kuch bhi bana lijiye, maasi."

Sharda was dissatisfied with the answer but nodded with a smile. She couldn't enforce herself on Arnav. She loved him. He was the same child for her but she had to accept that they knew nothing about each other and each other's life. She was willing take slow steps!

Aryan and Ayaansh came down after some time and saw Arnav at the dining table. Both of them blindly rushed to hug him. Arnav was startled but then smiled and turned around to hug them back. Their hugs made his day!

"Have your breakfast. I'll drop you guys to school." Arnav ruffled their hairs.

That lit up their faces and they happily sat down in their places to have their breakfast. Arnav waited till the boys started eating and then started eating himself.

Sharda saw the interaction with great deal of interest. The bond Arnav shared with them was beyond brotherhood. When Arnav had called Aryan his child, she thought he meant it in general but now she knew Arnav meant exactly what he said. Ayaansh seemed no different to her. She was sure Arnav loved him very much the same. The indulgent smile on his face with which he was listening to their talks was proof enough.

"Ani Kahan hai?" Arnav asked in between.

"Ek call aa gya tha usse. Subah subah chala gya." Ashi said.

"Did he eat anything?"

Ashi nodded.

"Bhaiyu toh ja hi rhe the bina khaye. Bhabhi ne achche se class li unki phir khila ke bheja. Maza aa gya, Bhaiya, aapko shakal dekhni chahiye thi Bhaiyu ki." Aryan said gleefully.

Ayaansh whacked him. "Tujhe toh maza aayega hi. Tune hi shikayat ki na Bhabhi ko?"

Aryan gave a wide grin. Ayaansh rolled his eyes. His little brother was very remorseful, indeed!

"Bhaiya!!" Arnav looked at his brother who was giving him his infamous puppy eyes. He raised his eyebrows. Aryan pointed towards the glass of milk.

"Aru, natak mat kar aur jaldi finish kar." Ashi scolded.

"Please, Bhabhi!" Aryan pleaded. "Sham ko de dena aap!"

"Aryan!"

Aryan tried to charm her with his innocent looks and those puppy eyes that always worked on his Bhaiya. He was sure that would work on his Bhabhi too. But Ashi just glared him down without a change in her expression.

Arnav bit back his smile.

At last, Aryan gave in and scoffed. "Bhabhi mujhse bilkul pyaar nhi karti, Bhaiya."

Ashi had had enough. She took the glass and forced Aryan to have it. Aryan gagged but Ashi made sure he had every last drop. Ayaansh tried escaping quietly but Ashi only had to glare at him for picking up his glass and drink it without any tantrums. He was so not crossing his Bhabhi in that mode.

"Aap bohot buri ho, Bhabhi." Aryan turned away his face.

Ashi smiled. He looked adorable with his puffed up cheeks and a cute scowl on his face. She took the edge of her dupatta, cleaned the corner of his lips and kissed his forehead.

Arnav's heart swelled. This was something that he had never been able to give his child. A mother! He was immensely grateful for Ashi for being the blessings of their lives!

"Haan, bohot buri hai teri Bhabhi."

Aryan pouted and then hugged her midriff. "Meri Bhabhi world ki best Bhabhi hai. Kuch mat bolo aap unko."

Ashi ruffled his hair.

"Haan, humari Bhabhi ke baare me kuch nhi sunenge hum." Ayaansh hugged Ashi from back. "She's the best."

Ashi laughed at their antics. Singhania brothers were damn charming within even trying to be.

Arnav stopped the car for Aryan as they reached. Aryan hugged him before leaving and walked away. Arnav started the car again and stopped after five minutes. He got down with Ayaansh.

"Kya hua, Bhaiya?" Ayaansh asked. If Arnav stepped out with him, then he surely wanted to talk.

"Kal Ritvik aayega tere school."

"Ritvik sir? Humare school me?" Ayaansh was pleasantly surprised.

Arnav nodded. "He's the one who will be picking up singers from your school to perform in the fest."

Ayaansh's excitement quickly turned into worry. Everyone knew Ritvik selected one among hundreds. He chose nothing less than the best. The little hope he had had from Aniket washed away completely. He knew he stood no chance to be choosen by Ritvik.

"Kya hua? Chehra kyun utar gya tera?" Arnav asked gently lifting his face.

"Ritvik Sir ko mera gaana kabhi pasand nhi aayega, Bhaiya. He only prefers the best. Mai nhi jaunga auditions ke liye."

"You are the best, Ayu!"

Ayaansh didn't believe that but he chose not to protest.

Arnav cupped his face. "Ek baar ke liye Bhaiya ki baat par bharosa nhi kar sakta?"

"Aap emotional blackmail kar rhe ho mujhe?" Ayaansh almost whined.

Arnav smiled. "Samajhdar ho gya hai mera bachcha."

Ayaansh hugged him on impulse. Arnav calling him his child melted his heart. He had never even dreamt of being embraced with so much love. Arnav had given him a chance at life. He would forever owe his life to his Bhaiya!

"Tu theek hai na, bachcha?" Arnav asked in concern when Ayaansh didn't pull back after some time.

Ayaansh blinked off his tears and pulled back with a smile. "I love you, Bhaiya!"

Arnav caressed his face and kissed his forehead. Ayaansh's smile filled his heart with happiness. He could do anything to make sure his boy kept smiling like that.

"Kuch chahiye tujhe? Shaam ko leta aau?"

"Bas aap aa jao!"

Arnav paced in the study angrily. This was something he couldn't overlook. How dare someone do that? He would make sure to make that person regretted for a lifetime. Aniket walked in looking equally angry but he calmed down himself when he looked at Arnav. Worry was etched all across his features.

"Bhaiya..."

Arnav's eyes were blazing when he looked at him. "How dare they threaten my child? This cannot be a business rival, Aniket."

Aniket nodded. He knew that well. None of their business rivals would dare to touch their family. Arnav's Singhania sore nerve was not for people to play with.

"We'll get the person, Bhaiya! Woh Jo bhi hai kuch nhi kar payega. Aryan ki security badha di na aapne?"

"I've doubled up security for all three of you. That shouldn't be a concern." Arnav fisted his hands to control his fury. "I just want the person!"

"Calm down, Bhaiya..."

"Calm down? Do you see these pictures, Aniket?" Arnav threw some pictures on the table.

Someone had dropped an envelope outside their home and escaped away before the security could catch him. That envelope had Aryan's pictures, taken from very close angles along with a letter.

Aniket looked at the pictures. His hands etched to kill the person who had dared to target their little brother. He took out the letter which only had one thing written.

Try and keep your brother safe till you can!

"Someone has been following Aryan for days. They have taken pictures from somewhere close." Arnav said tensed.

"Do you think they are keeping an eye on our home?" Aniket asked.

Arnav shook his head. He had also been spectacle but then he noticed all the pictures were taken places away from their home. That only meant the person had not been able to get inside yet. Arnav got up in frustration and swayed slightly. Aniket immediately held him. "Aap theek ho?"

Arnav blinked his eyes and nodded.

Aniket made him sit and handed him water. "BP ki dawai li aapne?"

Arnav shook his head. He had been too busy trying to search the footages and taking care of the security. Aniket rushed to his room to get his medicines. He came back and gave it to Arnav.

"Aap kab apna khayal rakhoge, Bhaiya? You know you can't skip your medicines." Aniket chided.

Arnav sighed. "I'm fine, Ani. It just slipped out of my mind.."

"Yeh koi slip out hone wali baat hai? Aapki health aapko important nhi lagti kya?"

"Thik hoon yaar..."

"You eat your medicines first..."

"Kha loonga."

"Mere saamne lo aap..."

"Kaha na le loonga, mar nhi jaunga mai...."

Arnav stopped as Aniket pulled away his hands from him. He looked up at Aniket and tried to reach for him. "Sorry, Ani..."

Aniket looked away.

"I'm sorry, bachcha. Galti se..."

"Jaanta hoon aap pareshan ho, Bhaiya. But this is no way to deal with the problem." Aniket cut him off. "Kuch nhi hoga Aru ko. Humare bachche ko koi haath nhi laga sakta. The person doesn't know who he is dealing with."

Arnav disagreed. The person knew exactly who he was dealing with. That was the reason he had targeted Aryan.

Aniket pointed towards his medicines. Arnav sighed and had them. Aniket quietly walked out from there. Arnav needed time to calm down.

Arnav was busy with his meetings for the whole day. It was already dinner time when he came out of the study and looked around for his brothers. Usually, Aryan made sure to meet him after coming back from school if he was at home. Arnav just wanted to see Aryan for himself once. He walked to Aryan's room and found it empty. He checked Ayaansh and Aniket's room but didn't find any of them. He called up all three of them but none of them answered.

"Kya hua, Arnav?" Ashi asked when she saw him worried.

"Aru aur.."

"Terrace par hai." Ashi answered his question.

Arnav relaxed. Ashi noticed his worry lines. "Koi problem hai, Arnav?"

Arnav sighed and told her everything. Ashi was also furious seeing the pictures. "Increase the security, Arnav! How dare anyone come close to Aru?"

Arnav nodded. "I've already doubled up the security, Ashi."

"No one should be able to touch my child, Arnav. Make sure of it!"

"I will, Ashi. I'll make sure the person sees hell very soon!"

Ashi was sure Arnav would do just that. Arnav could stand anything but not anyone targetting his family. And this was his child. Arnav would rip the person apart. Ashi needed no assurances for that.

Arnav waited for his brothers to come down for dinner but none of them did. He gave up and took their dinner to terrace. His eyes widened when he saw Aryan sitting on the edge of railings.

Aryan saw Arnav coming with the tray of food and jumped out of his place. Aniket and Ayaansh both held him on impulse. Arnav's heart skipped a beat when he saw Aryan jumping. He was just an inch away from falling. He kept the tray down and whacked him hard.

"Ahh, Bhaiya..."

Arnav whacked him again.

"Dard ho rha hai..."

"Kahan baitha tha tu?" Arnav whacked him once again. "Kitni baar mana kiya tujhe aise uchhal kud mat kiya kar..."

Arnav raised his hand to whack him again but Ayaansh came ahead. "chhod dijiye na, Bhaiya..."

Arnav glared at him. Aniket was enough to play the defender for Aryan. He had no intentions of dealing with another one.

"Bachche ko kyun aankh dikha rhe ho?" Aniket pulled them back.

"He could have fallen you idiot!" Arnav snapped at him. "Yeh dono toh bachche hai, tu toh bada hai?"

Aniket rolled his eyes. "That doesn't work with me, Bhaiya. Hitler aap hi bano. I'm their cooler brother!"

Arnav resisted the urge to whack the eldest child of the lot. Ayaansh and Aryan gave each other discreet smiles.

"Achcha chhodo na.." Aryan came ahead and hugged Arnav. He knew that was the best method of melting his Bhaiya. "Ab Bhaiya aa gye, dinner karte hai.."

Arnav raised his eyebrows at them. So they had been waiting for him to come?

"Bhaiya, chalo na.." Aryan nudged him.

Arnav sighed and sat down with them. He passed their plates to them but none of them reached for it. Not even Aniket. Arnav quietly picked up one plate and forwarded the first morsel to Aryan and another one to Ayaansh.

"Kha loonga mai.." Aniket turned away his face royally when Arnav came to him.

"Okay. Kha le.." Arnav continued to feed Aryan and Ayaansh who burst out laughing at their Bhaiyu's betrayed expressions.

"Haan khilao aap apne laadlo ko.. mera kya hai.." Aniket cribbed.

Arnav smiled at the eldest child of the lot. "Tune hi toh kaha tu kha lega khud."

"You're being mean, Bhaiya!" Aniket accused.

Arnav shook his head and forced a morsel in his mouth. "Nautanki band kar aur chup chap kha."

Aniket had the food silently. After they were done with their dinner Arnav pulled Aryan to his chest. If he could, he wouldn't have let Aryan go out of his sight even for a second but he couldn't do that. It would only mean letting the person win and he didn't want to give him that satisfaction.

"Kya hua, Bhaiya?" Aryan asked as he made himself comfortable against Arnav's chest.

"Kuch nhi, bachcha." Arnav smiled for him and caressed his face. "School kaisa tha?"

Aryan launched into a full fledged details about his day. Arnav was not listening to anything. He was holding Aryan as if wanting to protect him from any forthcoming danger. Aniket noticed that and reached for Arnav's hands.

"Bhaiya..." Ayaansh nudged him.

"Haan?"

"So gya aapka laadla!"

Arnav looked down to see Aryan sleeping on his chest peacefully. He smiled and then looked at Ayaansh. "Tu bhi ja ke soja, Ayu. Kal school hai na!"

Ayaansh nodded and nudged Aryan to get up. He could see Arnav was in a very uncomfortable position and he was sure Arnav would stay in the same position for whole night to not disturb Aryan's sleep. It was better if he woke up Aryan now itself.

"Itni jaldi subah ho gyi?" Aryan whined as he rubbed his eyes.

Ayaansh chuckled. "Nhi hui subah. Yahan se uth aur niche chal ke so, chal."

"Sone do na, Bhai." Aryan said as he wrapped his arms around Arnav.

"Aru, dekh Bhaiya so nhi payenge aise, uth ja please." Ayaansh nudged him gently but Aryan was already asleep.

"Rehne de, Ayu, sone de use." Arnav said.

"Par, Bhaiya.."

"Mai so jaunga thik se kuch der me, chinta mat kar.."

"Don't worry, hume aadat hai terrace par sone ki." Aniket said as he pulled out a remote from under one of the chairs and gestured Ayaansh to look up.

Ayaansh looked up to see a transparent roof appearing over their heads. His eyes widened in surprise. "This is so amazing, Bhaiyu!!"

"Hai na?" Aniket smiled.

Arnav ruffled his hairs. "Pasand aaya tujhe?"

Ayaansh nodded.

Arnav looked at Aniket who smiled and nodded. All of their rooms had such roofs except for Ayaansh's. It's time they fixed it.

Ayaansh sat back on the floor and leaned on Arnav's shoulder. Arnav made room for him and stroke his hairs. Ayaansh's eyes were getting heavy.

"Bhaiya?"

"Hm?"

"I'm very grateful to have you, Bhaiya."

Arnav looked at Aniket who smiled at him.

Aap dekhna ek din woh aapko khud kahega he's grateful to have you! Just like we are!

"Aapko pata hai mujhe kabhi aapse pehle kisi ne apne haatho se nhi khilaya. Kabhi kisi ne itne pyaar se nhi sulaya. Jab aap gale lagate ho toh saare darr khatm ho jate hai, Bhaiya. Sab kuch achcha lagne lagta hai. I'm grateful that aap mere Bahiya ho!"

Ayaansh mumbled and ended up falling asleep in the same position. Arnav's warmth and the sound of his heartbeat automatically made him sleep.

Arnav blinked off his tears as he looked at Aniket. He had once said those same words to him. All of them had to go through a painful past to live this present. That was a phase in their lives best forgotten  but Ayaansh's words tugged at their hearts.

Aniket's eyes filled up as he, too, reached for Arnav's hands. Arnav caressed his face. Aniket held his palm against his cheeks and kissed them gently.

"We're very grateful to have you, Bhaiya. Very grateful!"
____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

Guys, I've been trying to update the character sketch but I'm unable to. I even tried to insert pictures in the chapter and ended up losing my half written draft. Anyone knows what to do with this glitch?

Hope you're liking the story!

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

97.4K 2.9K 11
A beautiful wedding turns to a disaster when the younger brother of the groom elopes with the bride's sister on the eve of the marriage. Two families...
13.8K 920 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...
29K 2.3K 20
A big brother who doesn't tolerate nonsense behaviour how will he tolerate a spoiled brat teenage ... . . . A boy who is deprived of love... Want to...