Nursery rhymes and their dark...

By MadihaKhan060

Unknowingly when we sing these nursery rhymes we engage our children with centuries-old tradition that seems... More

Introduction
Ring a Ring o Roses, or Ring Around The Rosie
Rock-a-bye Baby
Mary, Mary Quite Contrary
Pop! Goes the Weasel
Georgie Porgie
Humpty Dumpty
There was an old women who lived in a shoe
Three Blind Mice
Oranges and Lemons
End
My note

Baa Baa Black Sheep

1.7K 39 5
By MadihaKhan060

Would you have guessed that this nursery rhyme is about medieval wool tax imposed in the 13th century by King Edward I? Under the new rules, a third of the cost of a sack of wool went to him, another went to the church and the last to the farmer. Thus, nothing was left for the shepherd boy, crying down the lane. Black sheep were also considered bad luck because their fleeces cannot be dyed and so they were worth less to the farmer. This rhyme is a tale of misery and woe.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.9M 258K 34
Those who were taken... They never came back, dragged beneath the waves never to return. Their haunting screams were a symbol of their horrific death...
4.1M 199K 101
โœ… "We always long for the forbidden things." ๐๐ฒ๐ฌ๐ญ๐จ๐ฉ๐ข๐š๐ง ๐ง๐จ๐ฏ๐ž๐ฅ โ†ฏ โš”๏ธŽ ส™แดแดแด‹ แดษดแด‡ แด€ษดแด… แด›แดกแด แด„แดแดส™ษชษดแด‡แด… โš”๏ธŽ ...
44.4M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
16.4M 546K 35
Down-on-her-luck Aubrey gets the job offer of a lifetime, with one catch: her ex-husband is her new boss. *** Aubrey...