The Hidden | Jake Peralta

Por AlphaStilinski13

There's another Mikaelson. Klaus has another daughter. Hope begins getting dreams of another girl, Freya trac... Más

Cast: Original Characters
Cast: Brooklyn Nine-Nine
Cast: The Originals
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Author Note
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 9

884 11 0
Por AlphaStilinski13

Baby Kelly's cries loudly as his parents – Nick and Adalind – rush around trying to stop him.

"I've fed you. I've changed you. I've burped you. Why are you doing this? What's wrong?" She asked her son, rocking him while Nick was trying to figure out dinner. "Is the water boiling?" She asked him (Nick). "If it's boiling, you've got to put the rice in and then turn it down."

"The rice is in." Nick said as he turned the heat down. "How do we turn the baby down?" He joked.

"You try. Let me deal with the rice." She handed Kelly to his father. "It's okay, Kelly. It's okay." She said as she made the exchanged.

"Shh." He said to the baby. "Nothing can be that bad." He rocked him, then he looked at Adalind. "Maybe he has colic. How do you know if he has colic?" Nick asked.

"I don't know. I'm still learning to boil rice." Adalind shrugged as she looked at the rice.

"Should we call Rosalee?" Nick suggested.

"Rosalee doesn't have children. But..." She paused as she turned the heat down, believing the rice was done. "I do know someone who has down this. She has twins so she done this twice."

"Perfect. Call her." Nick agreed. Adalind reached for her phone and searched for the person who she hasn't physically seen in years.

Celine Mikaelson-Diaz

"Hello?" Celine answered.

"Celine. Hi, it's aunt Adalind." Adalind said.

"I know. I have this thing on my phone called caller ID."

"Right." Adalind laughed, completely forgetting the entire reason she had called in the front place.

"Is everything okay?" She asked.

"Right. I have a baby question about crying."

"Ah. Yes a baby's favourite pastime." Celine chuckled, looking at her twins, both smiled innocently.

"We've tried everything. He's bathed, changed, burped, pooped, and he won't stop crying. How do we know if it's colic?"

"Pretty much if he won't stop crying." Celine laughed. "But before we jump to that conclusion, let me here the baby cry."

"You want to hear Kelly cry?" Adalind asked. Nick looked at Adalind in confusion.

"Yes."

"Okay." Adalind shrugged. She held the phone's mic next to Kelly so that Celine could hear the baby's cry, after a few seconds Adalind put the phone back next to her ear.

"It's not colic." Celine said before Adalind could say anything.

"Then what is it?"

"He's bored. He needs a distraction... a stimulus." Celine explained. "Hold the phone's screen in front of him, so he could see the lights." She instructed.

Adalind followed her instructions and held Nick's phone in front Kelly, who had stopped crying when his eyes saw the bright lights on the phone. "How did you know that?" Adalind gasped. "He's looking at the lights on the phone."

"Babies have different cries for certain things. When you've raised two babies at the same time who want different things, you learn how to differentiate between the cries."

"Oh, the rice is boiling over." Nick pointed to the stove.

"Oh, sorry, Celine. I've got to go. Thank you again for helping."

"No problem Aunt Adalind." She hung up the phone. Adalind out the phone down in the counter, turned the heat down to stop the rice from boiling over and looked at Nick and Kelly.

"Huh? You like the phone, don't you, buddy?" Nick asked Kelly, who was only paying attention to the phone. "I think we should get him his own phone." He said to Adalind.

She sighed "Not till second grade."

***

Meanwhile, three men (Isaac Proctor, Eli Kemper, and Amos) stood proud in front of an slightly older man (Daniel Troyer) and his daughter (Emily Troyer).

"Tradition is our lifeblood. Loyalty, trust, and honor-without these virtues, family cannot survive. But it is our traditions that hold us together, and no tradition is more important than our Maagd Zoektocht. My son's blood calls to me from the grave. He was taken from me. And when a man does not have a son to inherit to his legacy, he must turn to tradition. My daughter Emily is all I have left. Our Maagd Zoektocht requires one of you to prove your worthiness to win her heart and her hand. Let the griffin choose." Daniel gestured to his daughter who had picked up the golden griifen dish containing golden feathers and brought it in front to each of the three men, each one woged into Weten Ogen as Emily stood in front and selected a feather. Once they each had a feather, they retracted. "Isaac has drawn the longest feather. He will have the first chance to prove himself." Daniel said.

"What's my quest?" Isaac asked.

"To kill the man responsible for my son's death. Bring me the head of Frankie Adkins." Daniel answered.

"I will." Issac walked over to Emily. "Emily? I've loved you for years. Now I finally get to prove it. You'll make a beautiful bride." He kissed Emily on the cheek and left to complete the Maagd Zoektocht.

***

"This is good." Nick complimented the food as he ate. They had finally gotten Kelly to sleep and were now enjoying the rice they cooked.

"Really?" She asked to which he nodded. "I haven't done much cooking. My mom wasn't always around, so I kind of taught myself. A kid can only eat so much pizza."

"I know plenty of kids who would disagree." Nick joked.

Adalind tried the food and was surprised with the taste. "This is good. Bet your mom was a good cook." "Until I was about 12, and then she sort of disappeared." Nick said.

"That's kind of like my dad. He took off when I was four and my sister was 3." Adalind said.

"You have a sister?" Nick asked.

"Had." Adalind corrected. "She died my mom was always working so my sister and I was always left alone, so we had to fend for ourselves. Then..." Adalind paused, taking a deep breath before continuing "...when I was 19 and Theresa was 18, she got pregnant, and our mum was not happy by then we had made a reputation and money but having a pregnant 18-year-old daughter was not in her plan and is something that would ruin everything." Tears started falling down her face and Nick reached over to hold her hand. "She kicked her out. Her pregnant 18-year-old daughter out and left her with nothing. So, I asked my mother to give her college fund to me, making her believe that Theresa wouldn't need it when in reality I was sending the money to Theresa so that she had something and anything she needed, I would provide, a house, school, money, anything, even helped her change her last name from Schade to Swash. Then her daughter – Celine Michaelson – was born. A beautiful baby girl and my mother still wanted nothing to do with her. Especially after finding at that Celine was a hybrid."

"What was she?" Nick asked as he continued to eat.

"'It turns out her father is the original Hybrid of werewolf and vampire."

"But wouldn't Celine be a tribrid? Hexenbiest, Vampire and Werewolf."

"You would think but the Hexenbiest side is so much powerful then both sides combined. So, the Hexenbiest side consumed the vampire side and they combined because vampires were magically made, so the Hexenbiest consumed that magic, which allowed Celine to obtain certain abilities of the vampire – she has immortality, speed and compulsion. But she kept the werewolf side making her a Hexenbiest - werewolf hybrid."

"OK." Nick nodded, understanding.

"Then when Celine was 6 years old, Theresa died. When I heard l left straight for New York and stayed win Celine in care she needed. I even affeered for her to comeback with me but she refused, saying her friend Rosa Diaz and her parents were offering to keep her there in New York so that Celine's life wasn't just uprooted, and I couldn't move there because I was fresh out of Law school and had just started at Berman, Rautbort Law, so I couldn't raise Celine. Then when Celine was 16, she fell pregnant, with twins. Nicholas Mikaelson-Diaz and Leon Mikaelson-Diaz."

"What does she do now?"

"Now, she works as a detective for the 99th Precinct in New York."

"When was the last time you saw her?"

"I don't even know. She sends me pictures and video calls me every now and then so I can still be in her life but I don't even remember the last time I saw her in person."

"Why don't you invite her then?" Nick asked. "Invite her and the twins."

"What about Black Claw?"

"We'll make sure that their safe. We would have them here but we don't have the extra space. We can send them in the safest hotel I know."

Adalind's heart swelled at the thought of Celine and her twins coming to visit. "Really?" She asked.

"Yeah. I think you could use some family right now. Especially your niece since you haven't seen her in years." Adalind thanked him and grabbed her phone to ring her niece.

***

Jake, Celine and the boys sat around the dinner table, talking about their day when Celine's phone rang for a second time. Celine looked at that the Caller ID again. "It's Aunt Adalind again. " She picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Celine, sorry to bother you again." Adalind apologised.

"No, it's fine. Everything okay with Kelly?" She asked.

"Yeah, everything's fine. Um... l was wondering if..."

"If..." Celine said.

"If you and the twins would like to come and visit?" Adaline asked.

Celine paused. She couldn't remember the last time she actually saw her aunt. Jake and the twin watched in confusion, not having heard the other end of the phone call. "Um... " She hummed.

"That's weird isn't? I'm sorry I shouldn't have asked. I'm just gonna go." Adaline rushed, Nick gestured for her to stop and to continue the call when Celine spoke.

"We'd loved to." Celine agreed.

"Really?" Adaline asked.

"Yeah. I'd love to see to you and for the twins to meet their great aunt. I'll book the tickets and keep you updated."

"Great, I'll see you soon. "Adaline said, smiling. "She's coming." She said to Nick, who had held his hand out for a high five, congratulating her.

"I'll see you soon." Celine ended the phone call. She looked at her family (Jake and the twins). "Turns out the boys and l are going to visit my aunt Adalind in Portland."

***

"Assault happened sometime after they closed, a little after 2:00. Bodyguard Luis Lopez was hit first. Frankie Adkins, he's the owner of the bar. He was hit next. We ID'd the body as Isaac Proctor." Officer Wu told Detective Nick Burkhardt and Detective Hank Griffin as they arrived at the crime scene.

"Proctor?" Hank questioned. "Name's familiar."

Wu answered. "Isaac is the son of criminal defence attorney Amanda Proctor."

"I've dealt with her. She's kept a lot of bad people on the street." Hank said.

"If they are, it's a pretty brutal candygram." Wu joked (and as always, was ignored).

"Sword. It's pretty old-school." Hank commented.

"Not just any sword." A woman's voice said. Nick, Hank and Wu turned around to see a woman with Carnation pink hair and turquoise eyes.

"What do you mean?" Nick asked.

The woman walked to the deceased to knelt beside the body. "It's a Dutch Walloon Sword." She looked over to Officer Wu. "Any witnesses?"

"Frankie Adkins and his girlfriend, Lola. She took off after he was hit. Paramedics took care of Frankie, who told them he was attacked by Isaac." Wu answered.

"The victim." The woman whispered.

"I'm sorry. Who are you?" Nick asked, this was their crime scene.

"You know, this was not my plan. I came to meet the father of my cousin, not be intrigued by a crime scene." She said.

"Your cousin?" Hank asked.

It took Nick a few minutes but then he realised who was standing in front of him. "Celine." He said.

The woman – Celine – smiled. "Nice to meet you, Detective Nicholas Burkhardt. Apologies for barging into your crime scene, I came to meet you in your element and was intrigued when I saw the Walloon." She looked at Wu. "So, Frankie killed Isaac?" She asked.

"Nope. According to Frankie, Isaac was killed by a guy wearing a weird-looking animal outfit. I didn't press him. I leave the pressing to you." Wu said.

"Where's the girlfriend now?" Hank asked.

"At home. She was too scared to stick around. She made the 911 call from a burger joint down the street." Wu answered.

"Well, let's talk to Frankie." Hank said.

"Inside." Wu raised his arm pointing to the bar.

"Thank you." Hank, Nick and Celine walked inside the bar to see Frankie Adkins. "Frank Adkins?" Celine called for his attention.

"I'm Detective Griffin. This is Detective Burkhardt and this is Detective Mikaelson-Diaz. You want to tell us what happened?" Hank introduced them and asked.

"Yeah, I do. I was leaving with Luis and Lola. Luis goes to get the car. Me and Lola are just getting in. Then some guy sucker-punches me. I go down. When I look up, he's got a freaking sword about to cut my head off." Frankie answered.

"Had you ever seen him before?" Celine asked.

"No, and just when I thought I was dead, he gets taken out by some guy wearing some kind of animal costume."

"What did you do then?" Hank asked.

"You kidding me?" Frankie exclaimed. "I hid under the car. The guy was tearing him to pieces."

"How long did you stay there?" Nick asked.

"Till the cops came. I'm not stupid. It was like a nightmare. I mean, I never seen anything like this before. I don't know what was going on, but whoever killed that son of a bitch, he saved my life." Frankie explained.

"The guy in the animal costume?" Hank confirmed.

"Yeah, him. I owe him big-time." Frankie said.

***

She made her way to Amanda Proctor's office where she saw Nick, Hank and Renard waiting outside for her. "Sean Renard." Celine said as she walked up.

"Celine Mikaelson." Sean nodded his head.

"You forgot the Diaz." She said, crossing her arms across her chest.

"Yes, I heard that your mother's friends had taken you in." Sean chuckled.

"So... we are here to meet Amanda Proctor? The victim's mother." Celine said.

"Yep." Hank confirmed.

"Perfect." Celine nodded. "Shall we?" She gestured for the door. The men nodded and walked into the building with Celine following to talk to Amanda Proctor.

"Do you have any idea why your son would try to kill Frankie Adkins?" Sean asked Amanda.

"No. As far as I know, he didn't even know him." She answered.

"We know Isaac had a record." Nick said.

"I know my son had problems, but I just can't believe that he'd do what you're suggesting." Amanda said.

"Did Isaac associate with anyone who might've had it out for Frankie?" Celine asked.

"My son's the one who's dead. Shouldn't you be asking who killed him?" Amanda asked, she refused to answer the question.

"Amanda, if you want us to find the person responsible for your son's death, then you need to talk to us." Sean said, trying to convince her to answer.

"How do you know Frankie didn't kill my son? Frankie has a record too." Amanda asked, trying to place the blame on Frankie instead.

"We know Frankie isn't Wesen." Nick said.

"What?" Amanda gasped. How did this cop know this term?

"Detective Burkhardt is a Grimm." Sean explained.

Amanda looked at him in shock. "And you brought him into my office?"

"He knows that Isaac was Wesen." Sean said.

Then, she woged into a Weten Ogen. "Is this what you wanted to see, Grimm?" She glared at the Grimm, daring him to attack.

"I'm trying to figure out who killed your son." Nick shook his head, unaffected by her reaction, he was used to it.

She retracted and woged back into her human form. "You know, I knew you had one working for you. I just hoped that I'd never have to see him."

"We think whoever killed your son might also be Wesen." Celine said.

"What are you?" Amanda asked her. "I can sense something off you, but I can't figure it out."

"Don't worry about it. What's important is finding out who killed your son. Now do you know where your son was before he went to Frankie's club?"

"He was invited to Daniel Troyer's house-I would assume for dinner." Amanda explained.

"Is Daniel Troyer Wesen?" Nick asked.

"Weten Ogen, like me."

After getting the answers they wanted, they left Amanda's office and discussed the interview. "What do we know about Daniel Troyer?" Hank asked the trio.

"He's been in Portland for quite a while. I know he was investigated by the FBI. He has some connections to a few crime families on the east coast." Sean answered.

"Well, Isaac tried to kill Frankie the same night he was at Troyer's house." Celine said. "Maybe Frankie's connected to Troyer."

"Push Troyer. See what you get." Sean instructed.

***

Celine parked her car outside besides Nick and Hank as they arrived at Daniel Troyer's house. "Before we talk to Troyer, are you gonna play the Wesen card?" Hank asked Nick.

"Not unless I have to." Nick denied.

"Once he knows we know, we might not be able to get anything out of him. Might not get anything out of him anyway." Hank said.

Nick sighed and knocked on the door. Emily Troyer had answered the door. "I'm Detective Burkhardt. This is Detective Griffin and Detective Mikaelson-Diaz." Emily's eyes widen slightly at the mention of Celine's last name (which no one but Celine had noticed). "We're looking for Daniel Troyer."

"I'm his daughter, Emily." She introduced herself. "He's in the backyard. Can you tell me what this is about?" She asked.

"We'd prefer to talk to your father." Celine denied.

"Of course. I'll take you to him." She took Nick, Hank and Celine to the back garden where Daniel Troyer was talking on the phone.

"Check the inventory again and find out who was responsible for shipping it. Get the name." They heard him say.

Emily called out for his attention. "Dad, this is Detective Burkhardt, Griffin and Mikaelson-Diaz. They need to talk to you." She said.

"I've got to go." He hung up his phone and looked at the three detectives. "Is there a problem, gentlemen and woman?" He asked. He had a similar reaction as his daughter, the only difference was that he gave her a look.

"Do you know Isaac Proctor?" Hank asked.

"Yes, I heard what happened to him. It's very sad. I assume you're investigating it." Troyer answered.

"We would like to talk to you about your relationship with Isaac." Nick said.

"I've known Isaac since he was a kid. His mother has handled some legal problems for me. Isaac and Emily used to play together." Troyer explained.

"When was the last time you saw him?" Celine asked.

"Last night." He answered.

"He was here with us." Emily spoke.

"For what reason?" Nick asked.

"He came to see me." Emily answered. But Celine didn't believe that was the full truth.

"What was your relationship with him?" Celine asked her.

"He was a friend. Like my dad said, we'd known each other since we were kids." She started to choke up. Fake. Celine thought. "I'm sorry."

"Look, this is very difficult for her. Does she have to be a part of this?" Troyer defended his daughter, making the scene more authentic.

"You knew the victim. Might be a help to us." Nick answered, looking at Celine.

"I'm okay." Emily nodded.

"Do you know Frankie Adkins?" Nick asked.

"Frankie Adkins? I don't know. Should I?" Troyer denied and asked. He's lying. Celine thought and made a note in her mind to tell the other dectives.

"According to Mr. Adkins, Isaac tried to kill him last night." Hank answered.

"What? Isaac? I don't believe it. Why would he do that?" Troyer gasped.

"Do you know if Isaac knew Frankie Adkins?" Hank asked.

"No, I don't." Troyer denied.

"Do you?" Hank asked Emily.

"No, I'm sorry. I don't know." Emily asnwered.

"What time did Isaac leave last night?" Nick asked.

"Around 11:00, I think." Emily answered

"And has anyone threatened him in any way?" Nick asked.

"Not that he ever told me about." Emily denied.

"Did both of you stay home after Isaac left?" Celine asked.

"Yes." Troyer said.

"Was anyone else here besides the three of you?" She asked.

"No. It was just Isaac and us." Emily denied. With that, the questioning was completed and the detectives left.

***

"Nobody knows anything." Hank said as they walked back to their cars.

"They're lying." Celine said. "This is all connected somehow."

"What do you mean?" Nick asked.

"They were both lying about not knowing why Isaac would go after Frankie. They know something, they're just not going to tell when they think we're human."

"Yeah. Why would Isaac leave here and go and try and kill Frankie?" Hank asked.

"Maybe Frankie and Isaac are both in love with Emily." Nick guessed.

"It could be they were jealous." Hank added.

"Then who killed Isaac?" Celine asked. "All we know is, he's Wesen."

Just then, Nick's phone rang, but he ignored it. "That's not gonna show up on his rap sheet." His phone rang again. "It's Wu." He said as he got into his car.

"You answer that. I'll meet you at Frankie's." Celine said as she walked to her rental car.

"So, what did Wu tell you?" Celine asked and they walked up to Frankie's house.

"Apparently the M.E. found a golden feather on the victim. The M.E. doesn't think it had anything to do with anything because the victim wasn't hurt by it, but I think it has another meaning."

"Someone tried to kill Frankie Adkins again and with the same good luck as the first assassin." Wu said as Nick, Hank and Celine walked up to Frankie's house.

"So whoever tried to kill Frankie here at home is our new victim?" Hank asked.

"A little déjà going on. Except for this time, it was his new bodyguard." Wu said.

"His own bodyguard tried to kill him?" Nick asked.

"That's what he says." Wu confirmed.

"Who killed the bodyguard?" Hank asked.

"The same guy in an animal outfit. Let me just say that Frankie is starting to unravel. Paramedics gave him something to calm him down. I think he might've done a little self-medicating before that." Wu answered.

They walked in to see Frankie, lounging on his sofa, drinking scotch. He was slightly drunk. "Hey, what took you guys so long?" He asked. "The same thing happened again last night... except different. The guy was my bodyguard, and he tried to kill me with an axe. What's with the swords and axes? Why don't these morons realize you can buy a gun literally anywhere?" He rambled.

"But someone saved your life again." Celine commented.

"Oh, no, not someone. This freak who dresses like an animal." Frankie said.

"The same one as before?" Nick asked.

"Oh, yeah. You don't forget something like this. Sharp teeth. Yellow eyes. Pointed ears. A lot of hair with stripes in it."

Striped and golden feather? That sounds like the ___. Celine thought to herself.

"What happens once this animal saves your life? Does he say anything?" Celine asked.

Frankie shook his head. "No. Nothing, just kills and leaves."

"Now, can you think of anyone in particular who would want to save your life?" Celine asked, but she already knew the answer, she hadn't known this guy for long and she wanted to kill him.

Frankie scoffed. "No. No, plenty of the opposite."

"Like who?" She asked.

"If I knew that, I'd take care of them myself. I don't mean in an unlawful manner." Frankie corrected when he remembered who he was talking to.

"Well, if you can think of any names..." Celine said but she was interrupted by Frankie, talking to himself.

"Those yellow eyes. I know they're not real. It's just a mask." He said to himself.

"Yep, just a mask." Wu said before taking the trio to Eli's body. "The victim is Eli Kemper, as in union boss Lionel Kemper's son."

"The same MO as Isaac." Hank commented.

"Troyer was connected to Isaac. Maybe Eli was too." Nick said.

Hank "Troyer's import-export. More than likely, he knows a union boss." Hank chuckled as he took another golden feather from Eli's pocket. "Axes, swords, and golden feathers. Anyone else think this is getting a little mythological?" He asked.

"Maybe Wu was right." Nick sighed.

"So, Isaac, Troyer, Emily and Eli are all connected. If it's what I think it is, then there's going to be one more attack on Frankie." Celine said.

"What is it?" Wu asked.

"I need to talk to my sons first, get them to confirm it then we know what to do." Celine said. "They're at the spice shop with Rosalee and Monroe." Celine noticed the look on Nick's face. "Adalind introduced us and they let my sons stay there to learn different versions of Zaubertranks from the one we have at home."

"Let's go then." Nick said before they all went to their cars and left for the spice shop.

***

Nick, Hank and Celine walked into to see Rosalee and Monroe showing the twins spices and explaining their properties.

"Hey guys." Rosalee said as she noticed them walk in.

"Hey mum." The twins said.

"Hey boys."

"How's the case?" Nico asked.

"We actually need your help." Celine smiled. "I need you to confirm a theory."

"Okay." Leo said. Nico and he crossed their arms, standing side-by-side, waiting for the information.

"So far, we have two victims, both were found with a golden feather, one bigger than the other. The intended victim is a bad guy names Frankie. He described his saviour as having sharp teeth, yellow eyes, pointed ears, and lots of hair with stripes on it."

"That's the Weten Ogen."

Celine smiled, knowing she taught her sons well. "Exactly."

"We met one yesterday, the mother of one of the victims." Nick said.

"Wait a minute; you're saying that the killer and the victim are both Weten Ogen?" Hank asked.

"It's the Maagd Zoektocht." Leo said. "It's an ancient Weten Ogen tradition. I'm talking from the millennium before the millennium."

"You know how knights would slay dragons to win the princess? It's that." Nico said. "Basically, a maiden quest."

"Maiden quest? Like, to win the bride?" Hank asked.

"It's a way to facilitate arranged marriages." Celine said. "There are three Weten Ogen bachelors, who are sent out to complete the quest to prove themselves worthy for the hand of the fair maiden and her dowry. In this case, Troyer wants Frankie's head in exchange of Emily's hand."

"But what's weird here is, the quest doesn't normally end with the participant's death, not to say that procuring a dragon's tooth didn't have an abnormally high casualty rate, but still." Monroe said.

"Maybe since these Weten Ogen have criminal ties, the stakes have been raised." Rosalee guessed. "Bringing in the head of the enemy, that's a pretty standard challenge."

"So, Isaac and Eli were opponents in this quest." Nick said.

"You know what? Find the third competitor, and that's probably your murderer." Monroe said.

"You should find him quickly, though, because this quest won't end until Frankie's head is delivered." Rosalee said.

"Yeah, and don't expect Troyer to just, you know, tell you who it is." Leo said.

"He does have to bless the third competitor, who will also have that third golden feather." Nico continued.

"Yeah, we're gonna keep an eye on Troyer." Nick said to Celine and Hank.

"All right, thanks." Hank said as they left, but not before Celine hugged her twins. "You might as well as just leave your car here and join us s then we can at least talk on the way there."

"Okay." Celine nodded and she joined them in their car.

***

Nick, Hank and Celine waited near Troyer's house, waiting for Amos (the third contestant) to appear. They watched as he 2drove away and Hank reached for the walkie talkie.

"Suspect just left. Take him down." Hank instructed.

"Roger that." Wu responded. He sounded his sirens causing Amos to pull over. "Exit the vehicle!"

Amos got out of his car. "What is this about?" He asked, raising his hand.

"Hands where I can see them!" Wu demanded.

"I swear to you I haven't done anything!"

"Hands up!" Wu yelled. Nick walked up to Amos and reached into his pocket... only to find a golden feather.

"That's nothing. That's just a feather." Amos said.

***

Nick and Hank watched from the viewing room as Celine interrogated Amos.

"How well did you know Isaac Proctor?" Celine asked as she showed Amos a picture of Isaac's body.

"I didn't know him." Amos denied.

Next, she showed Amos a picture of Eli's body. "What about Eli Kemper?"

"No."

"How do you know Troyer?"

"He's a friend of my father's."

"Why were you there?"

"I wanted to see his daughter."

"Emily?"

"Yes." Amos said. "I think I need to talk to a lawyer."

"Oh, a lawyer who can talk to you about the Maagd Zoektocht?" Celine asked. Amos's eyes widen slightly before returning to normal, he had thought that no one saw his reaction, but she did. "We know all about the quest. We know Emily's the prize. You in love with her?" She asked

"You don't-love has nothing to do with it, and I don't know what you're insinuating—" Amos started to ramble but Celine stopped him.

"We know you're Weten Ogen. You see, my partner, Nick, he's a Grimm, and I am a Hexenbiest."

Amos woged to test the theory, she woged as well causing Amos to swiftly retract back, afraid as he had heard much about Hexenbiest, mainly that you should never mess with them, you come into contact, you run. "Ah... Okay, okay, okay. Yes. Yes, yes, yes. I was a part of the Maagd Zoektocht." Amos admitted, not wanting her to hurt him.

"So were Isaac and Eli." Celine said.

"But I didn't have anything to do with their deaths. I swear to you!"

"A beautiful bride and a fortune. That's certainly enough to kill for. Kill whoever's in your way. You win and take everything."

"I didn't kill them."

"Who did?"

"First, I thought it was Eli, but now that he's dead, I don't-I don't-Frankie. Frankie probably has hit men on his payroll. Maybe it's Troyer. I don't know! You should talk to Troyer. He's the one who's doing this."

***

After the interrogation, Nick, Hank and Celine went straight to Troyer's house... only to find that someone had beaten them.

"That's Frankie's car." Celine pointed, Nick, Hank and Celine took out their guns and walked inside, where they heard Troyer ad Frankie talking.

"There must be some mistake here." They heard Troyer say.

"Yeah, there's a big mistake. You tried to kill me. Twice." Frankie said.

"No, I never tried to kill you."

"Oh, you didn't, but your boys did. Next time, tell them to use a gun. It's so much easier." Frankie said as he pointed his gun at him.

"No, no, don't." Troyer begged.

"If it wasn't for that guy in the animal costume, I'd be dead." Frankie said.

Troyer smirked. "Did he look like this?" He woged, revealing himself to be a Weten Ogen.

"Oh-oh, my God. What are you?" Frankie gasped as he panicked. What he hadn't realised was Emily watching, waiting for the right moment to strike. Just as she had done before. She woged and attacked, causing Frankie's gun to go off and shoot Troyer. That was when the detectives came in.

"Police!" Hank yelled.

"Back away!" Nick demanded.

Troyer retracted and called out. "Emily."

Emily turned and realised her father had been hurt, she retracted and went straight to his side. "Dad. You've been shot."

"We need an ambulance. 3438 Warnall Avenue. We've got a gunshot victim." Hank said into his walkie talkie.

"I saw him. I saw him again. This time, there were two of them. How many of them are there? Oh, my God. Keep them away from me." Frankie muttered to himself, having a breakdown. Not everyone could deal with the existence of Wesen.

"Ambulance is on its way." Hank informed them

"We know you're Weten Ogen. We know all about the Maagd Zoektocht." Nick said as he knelt down beside him.

"I hate that. I never wanted any part of it. I never wanted to marry anybody. It's their tradition, not mine." Emily said.

"It's okay." Troyer whispered, slowly losing his strength.

"No, it's not okay. I just wanted my own life, and look at what this stupid quest has done." Emily's voice broke as tears escaped her eyes.

"Emily, the quest was never for them." Troyer shook his head.

"What?" Emily gasped.

"I had to make sure you had the strength to take over." He said to her.

"I don't understand." Emily shook her head.

"It was always your quest, not theirs. You proved yourself to me far more worthy than any man." Troyer explained as he took his final breathe.

"Are you gonna arrest me?" Eily whispered.

"No, we're gonna arrest your father." Celine answered.

"But he didn't kill anyone. It was me that did it." Emily said.

"Every time you killed someone, it was to save Frankie's life. Makes it tricky to prosecute." Celine explained.

"Your dad's under arrest for solicitation to kill Frankie Adkins." Nick said.

"Yeah, what's left of him." Hank said, causing Celine to smack his arm.

"Oh, God. I still see 'em. Oh!" Frankie whimpered in the corner, making the other remember that he was still there.

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

128K 2.7K 73
**Sequel to 'Indebted' And Prequel To 'Lovesick'** It's been a year since Wolfgang Nachtstern walked away from Katherine Pierce and the mess of Mikae...
13.4K 778 13
*BOOK TWO OF THE 'TIL SERIES* read Dusk til Dawn before reading this book Klaus and Briana's love story has been one full of ups and downs since the...
120K 3.3K 39
In which Hope Mikaelson has been having dreams about a girl since she was 9 and has grown attached to the younger girl whose name is Zoe Toretto. Or...