ATEEZ Oneshot Collection

By edenesth

A collection of ATEEZ imagines/drabbles/oneshots by edenesth. More

[JYH] Blossoming Alliances
[KYS] Speak Now
[JWY] 6:14 PM
[JYH] 3:52 AM
[CS] 8:35 PM
[CS] The Secret Admirer
[KHJ] Pride and Prejudice
[JWY] Still You
[CJH] Guarding Hearts
[PSH] One Day at a Time
[SMG] 5:04 AM
[CS] The Chosen One
[PSH] The General's Wife
[KHJ] The Captain's Favourite
[JYH] The Duke's Weakness
[CJH] The Mapmaker's Assistant
[KYS] The Royal Librarian
[JWY] The Painter's Muse
[SMG] The Key Keeper
[KHJ] 4:43 AM
[KYS] 7:29 PM
[CS] 12:58 PM
[SMG] 9:47 PM
[CS] Dear Soulmate
[PSH] 2:36 PM
[JWY] Midnight Fiction
[CJH] 7:16 AM
[JWY] 5:45 PM

[SMG] The Heart Wants What It Wants

1.1K 12 9
By edenesth

Pairing: mafia!Mingi x fem!reader

AU: mafia au

Word Count: 1.4k (drabble/oneshot)

Summary: Mingi lies to his fiancée and keeps the truth about his identity as a mafia boss from her until she agrees to marry him. What happens when she finds out?

****

Seeing as Mingi was momentarily distracted by all the people around him; presumably his business partners, clients or whatever illegal shit it was that he did with them, she didn't care to know and wanted no part in, she quickly took the chance to make her escape.

In order to ease her movements, her hands immediately flew down to grasp the expensive floor-length velvet dress that he personally hand-picked for her to wear this particular evening.

Her eyes darted around anxiously as she prayed to all the gods she didn't believe in that no one noticed her, she took deep breaths to calm the nerves within. All the while, not forgetting to plaster on a big and fake smile so as to not alert the waiters and bodyguards scattered around the grand hall where her engagement party was currently taking place.

For the longest time, she assumed that her fiancé was nothing more than a successful businessman.

At least, that was what Mingi had wanted her to believe then.

He was only going to keep that façade up until the moment he had her fully wrapped around his fingers, only then would she learn the truth about who he really was. And by then, she would already be too in love with him to even dare think of walking away from him.

Or so he thought.

She knew the truth about his identity now and contrary to his belief, she was going to leave him.

Did she love him still?

Yes, but there was only so much that love can do when you throw a whole lot of gaslighting and deception into the mix.

In the modern dating world, they would have described him as a walking red flag.

The truth is that he was anything but a mere businessman, Mingi was a mafia boss. And not just any mafia boss, he was the biggest and most fearful one in their part of the city.

She had fallen for him, all while thinking he was just a regular businessman working hard to make his name known in the industry.

For the entirety of their relationship, he had presented himself as a successful and upstanding businessman, creating an image of stability and trustworthiness.

She will never forget the sense of betrayal she felt, as the man she thought she knew intimately has been leading a double life.

It made her question everything she believed about their relationship, forcing her to reevaluate their shared past and the authenticity of their connection.

Yes, she loved him but did he truly love her back or was that all just a lie too?

Mixed with the betrayal is a newfound fear for her safety. The realisation that she is entangled with a dangerous criminal adds an element of urgency to her emotional turmoil. She must now navigate the complexities of her emotions while also considering her own well-being and the potential consequences of her association with Mingi.

Too afraid of what he'd do if he found out about her plans to leave him, she did her absolute best to keep up her act and play along as though she was still going to go through with the wedding.

It wasn't hard to pretend like she still loved him because she genuinely did, but what made it difficult was having to act like this new part of him was not at all intimidating to her.

Had she known what this man really did for a living sooner, she never would have said yes to his proposal. She probably never would have allowed herself to grow to love him either.

****

She lets out a huge sigh of relief once she steps foot out of the luxurious hotel.

Eyes trained on the nearest cab approaching her way, she took a step forward and lifted a hand to call for it, only to feel her heart stop when a familiarly large hand enclosed around hers from behind.

His free hand snaked across her waist to hold onto her body and pull her against him, her frame now completely engulfed in his much bigger one.

She didn't know it would be possible for her heart to flutter and yet, tremble with immense terror at the same time.

"Where do you think you're going, baby? The party's only just beginning, the crowd is missing you. I'm missing you." Mingi whispers sensually, his breath hitting against the skin of her neck as he presses his lips firmly against her jaw.

She exhaled shakily, tears welling up in her eyes and her heart pounding, "Let me go, Mingi. You lied to me, you lied about everything! You're mistaken if you think I'd still stay with you after all of that."

He sighs, hands gripping her shoulders to turn her around to make her face him, "That's not true, I didn't lie about everything. My feelings for you remain true, I do love you and I've never once lied about that."

She lets out a loud scoff in disbelief, "Really? Because last I checked, that's not how you treat someone you love. You don't deceive them and expect them to be okay with it," A tear rolls down her cheek and he immediately catches it with his thumb, wiping it softly, "God, Mingi, I feel like I don't even know you anymore."

He smirks lightly, sliding his hands down to grip her waist instead, "Then stay, baby. Stay and you'll have plenty of time to learn everything about me," One hand cupping her jaw, he gazed deeply into her wet orbs, "You love me, don't you?"

With a defeated huff, she nods her head once and he grins widely at that, "That's all that matters, don't overthink it. You love me and I love you, nothing else matters, remember that."

Mingi closes the distance between them and his fingertips graze the side of her face. His touch is featherlight, a prelude to the intensity that is to come. Her breath hitches as his thumb brushes against her lower lip, a subtle invitation that sends a shiver down her spine.

She hated it, hated the effect that he had on her with a passion.

Time seems to slow as he leans in, their faces drawing near, their eyes fluttering shut in unison. Their lips meet with the softest of brushes, a tantalising tease that leaves them both yearning for more. His lips are warm and velvety against hers and the sensation ignites a fire deep within her.

She decides then that she couldn't bother denying the urge within her, the yearning to have him close despite her righteous beliefs.

His lips mold to hers as if they were always meant to fit together and her own respond with a fervent urgency. The gentle pressure gradually builds, a symphony of sensations that range from tender to urgent, from soft exploration to an overwhelming hunger.

Perhaps she will leave all thoughts of leaving him to a later time.

His hand finds the small of her back, pulling her closer until there's almost no space left between them. The heat of his body seeps through the fabric of their clothes, intensifying the connection between them. No longer able to resist, her arms wrapped around his neck, her fingers threading into his hair, pulling him impossibly closer.

Her actions caused Mingi to smirk against her lips, he knew he had her in the palm of his hand once again.

Their breaths mingle in the small gap between their mouths, the rhythm of their heartbeats syncing as if they were in perfect harmony.

For now, just for now, she'll allow herself to indulge in this pleasure.

As the kiss continues, time loses all meaning. It's as if they exist in their own world, a bubble of intense intimacy where nothing else matters. Not even the people passing by giving them weird looks or the hotel staff standing nearby in hopes of letting them know that the event required their immediate presence.

And then, with a final, lingering press of their mouths, they reluctantly pull away, their lips parting but their foreheads resting together. Their eyes flutter open, and in that shared gaze, they find a reflection of the depth of their emotions.

"I know you're scared and confused now but someday, you'll understand me for all the things that I do." Mingi tells her in his deep voice that she has grown to love so dearly.

Utterly defeated, she relents and nods.

Perhaps her love for Mingi was enough to outweigh her moral compass. She knows it was wrong to be with him but...

The heart wants what it wants.

****

Hope y'all enjoyed it, thanks for reading!

I love reading your thoughts, reviews and feedback, so feel free to leave a comment! <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.3K 69 12
One shot scenarios and reactions of the ATEEZ members. I also post these stories on my Instagram account: @a.tease_fics
164K 1.7K 26
(@woahhwa on tumblr) contains mature content; read at your own consent; requests open :D
3.7K 85 17
Hey guys! This is my 2nd oneshot series and it's about Ateez! I have made another series which is about Monsta X. So make sure to check that out as w...