When Fates Entangle (The Alde...

By ameesaAhlam

(Can Be Read As A Standalone) They say what's forbidden is more tempting. I couldn't agree more. A mere stude... More

Author's Note
Characters
One: A Hot Professor
Two: Flirting
Three: Airpods
Four: Annoyed
Five: Extra Class?
Six: Lesson
Seven: Prank
Nine: Ex
Ten: Drinks & Conversations
Eleven: Grades
Twelve: Rain
Thirteen: Grumpy Ass
Fourteen: Distracted
Fifteen: Lies
Sixteen: Avoiding
Seventeen: Nervous
Eighteen: Dinner
Nineteen: Famous
Twenty: Gift
Twenty-One: Drugged
Twenty-Two: Divorce
Twenty-Three: Jealous
Twenty-Four: First Date
Twenty-Five: Cuddles & Food
Twenty-Six: Love
Twenty-Seven: Just You
Twenty-Eight: Stupid
Twenty-Nine: The Fire
Thirty: Obsession
Thirty-One: Truth
Thirty-Two: Favourite
EPILOGUE
ARIEN'S BOOK IS HERE!
New Book!
New Book!

Eight: An Apology

4.4K 222 49
By ameesaAhlam

Sixty comments and I will give you all a double update.
________________

'Future Leadership Uncertainty: Will Younger Alderidge Maintain Control, or Will Asael Stage a Comeback?'
read more...

________________

VERENA

I cursed myself through the entire day. If I had any idea that he was allergic to such smells then I would have never done anything like that.

Yes, I love irritating him but I don't wish to hurt him. If I had truly hated him then I would have had no problem in hurting him but I don't hate him. I just don't like him, besides, as a teacher, I have lots of respect for him.

"I am feeling really guilty, Ria, help me", I mumbled standing outside the class after we were notified of its cancellation.

"Say sorry, what else can you do?"

"Say sorry how? Just simply or in some other ways..."

Zahria gave me a pointed look. "What other ways are you thinking of?"

I groaned and shoved her away. "Not in that way, stupid. I am not that much of a pervert."

"Not to mention it's illegal."

"Right. Back to the problem. Should I go see him in his office, that's if he hasn't already left."

"You can...but you can meet him tomorrow only. Hopefully, he recovers by then."

My mind told me that it was alright and I could apologise tomorrow like Zahria said but my heart...it was worried, genuinely. What if he is extremely sick? Does he even have anyone here to take care of him?

Wait, wait, wait. Why the hell do I care? I am not supposed to care about him. He is just my teacher, nothing more or less.

I am just feeling guilty about what I did. That's it.

After assuring myself, I agreed with Zahira. "You are right. I'll talk to him tomorrow."

The rest of the day passed in a blur and I was soon back in my dorm but I just couldn't stop thinking about what happened today. The look on his face was filled with anger and hurt. Shit.

I paced our small living room, biting on my nails (I know it's unhygienic but I don't care). In the end, I decided to email him.

To: AsaelAlderidge@gmail.com

From: verena08@gmail.com

Subject: A sincere apology.

Mr Alderidge, I am extremely and genuinely sorry about what I did today. You did say that strong smells irritate you but I had no idea that you have an allergy to them. I mean I have never heard of such an allergy before but after researching it now, I am aware and really sorry for hurting you.
Keeping my bickering aside, you are an amazing teacher and I really respect you. I had no intention of hurting you so please forgive me. I apologise with the intent to never do anything like this.

Even if you don't forgive me right now, do let me know if you are okay or not.

-Verena, your not-so-favourite student.

I hit send without thinking twice and waited for his reply. I am not an egoistic person, I can accept my mistakes and offer apologies.

I waited for his reply patiently. Ten minutes passed. Then fifteen. Twenty. Thirty. Fourty.

What if something happened to him? What if he had to be hospitalized?

"Why do you look so pale?" Zahria's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

"What if...he is dead?"

She frowned. "Who?"

"Asael! Oh God--"

She grabbed my shoulders and jerked me. "Ver, no. You have a habit of overthinking everything. He is a responsible, old man and I am sure he must have taken his medicines. He will be fine."

"I am going to see him", I told her.

"At this time?"

It was only a quarter past seven and he was usually in his office at this time. I nodded. "I can't wait till tomorrow. I know I am overreacting but if I don't check for myself I won't be able to sleep."

She nodded slowly, understanding me. "Okay. Do you want me to come with you?"

"No. I will be back as soon as possible."

"If you don't find him there, just come back, okay?"

"Obviously, I won't be finding out his address now."

She chuckled and I dashed to my room to take a quick shower and change my clothes to make sure I didn't have that perfume lingering on my skin. Once I am done, I don't bother applying a new perfume and rush out.

Ten minutes later, I was standing outside his office and I breathed a sigh of relief when I noticed the light coming through the windows, the curtains were drawn but he was definitely inside.

I knocked on his door and heard the scrape of the chair inside and a moment later, the door was pulled open.

I didn't even get a chance to look at him when he shut the door in my face.

I pounded my fists on it. "I come in peace, I swear. I just want to apologise, please, sir."

When he didn't open the door, I said, "If you don't let me in then I'll..." I looked around, thinking of something to threaten him with. "You know what? I won't be leaving if you don't open the door. And I will continue to speak nonsense until you get a headache."

A couple of seconds passed by and then I started to speak randomly, "I am going to a club this Friday for sure, it's been so long since I went out to drink and dance and find a man to take home. My body is protesting against me for denying it its needs for so long--"

I heard the click of the door and then it was opened once again. Asael towered over me, completely pissed as he growled, "What the fuck do you want?"

I let my eyes roam over him. His navy blue shirt's top two buttons were open, giving a peek of his chest, sleeves shoved roughly up to the elbows. His nose was red and so were his cheeks, hair messy, exhaustion lined his face and his spectacles rested low on his nose.

"Finally." I offered him a grin. "All I want to say is--"

I let out a yelp when he abruptly grabbed my elbow and pulled me inside me, making me slam into his chest and then he shut the door behind me.

I stayed flushed against him, feeling his body heat soak into mine and I became aware of how muscled and strong he was everywhere.

Being pressed against him like that sent a thrill through me, starting from my heart and ending right between my thighs.

His fingers left my elbow and he stepped back, still glowering. "Do you have any idea how wrong this is? You can't come and visit me here anytime you want, it's not appropriate and could get us both in trouble for no reason."

"But...I have been here before."

"Due to some valid reasons. Had someone seen you just now--" He groaned, shaking his head and turned his back to me. "What. Do. You. Want?"

I noticed the box of tissues lying on his desk along with some medicines and a few files lying open.

"Why are you still working?" I asked softly. "You should go home and rest."

He cut me a glance over his shoulder, saying sharply, "After you triggered my allergy?"

I flinched and bit my lips. "I am sorry. Really, really sorry. I had no idea. I never wanted to make you sick, it was supposed to just annoy you, that's it."

He grabbed a tissue and rubbed his nose with it and turned around to face me. "Are you done?"

"Please, I am sorry," I mumbled, giving him my puppy eyes.

He slid his hands inside his pants pockets and glanced away to the side, his jaw locking tightly.

Seeing him furious with me made me sad. One day for sure, I am going to make this man smile. I am going to study well and be his favourite student by the end of this year which is in a few months.

"I understand you won't be forgiving me so easily and that's okay but I want you to know how sorry I feel. I won't be doing anything like that ever again. I will even throw away that perfume or any strong-scented one I have. I promise."

His eyes slid to me and he let out a small sigh. "Leave."

"First promise that you will think about forgiving me." Now, I was being stubborn but I couldn't help it. Somewhere deep down, I felt like I needed this man's approval.

He took a step forward, coming close to me and I hesitantly stepped back.

For every step he took towards me, I took one back until my back hit the door and he pressed his palm beside my head, leaning down.

My mouth parted slightly, I suddenly wanted to touch him anywhere and everywhere, my heart thumping wildly, I was desperate to know if he was feeling the same way.

His gaze was dark and searing, holding mine captive and then he put his mouth next to my ear, speaking in a low, dark tone, "Don't tempt me to punish you, Verena."

My body shuddered, a whimper getting caught in my throat and I bit my tongue to make sure it didn't escape.

He pulled back, putting distance between us and said firmly, "Go home."

Nodding jerkily, I opened the door and almost ran out, afraid of how my body reacted to him despite everything. Despite him being married.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.2K 137 18
"We can't do this Val, this will ruin your career if we continue", Evelyn breathed. "To you love, I will risk everything for you to be mine. You're...
18.5K 579 29
A forbidden student/teacher romance. Cassidy was not looking to fall in love. When she met her new neighbor she tried to only be friends, but the mor...
10.1K 173 35
~~~~~~~~~~ Amelia Bartley, the perfect student, math prodigy and everyone's wanna-bee. Her life was simple yet challenging. Making sure that every d...
385K 5.8K 27
❝I want you so bad.❞ I tease him while trailing my hand up his white buttoned shirt feeling his abs. "Ms. Rose.." His voice was soft and sweet when I...