Until Sunrise (Applyfic)

By MintyShplinty

Previous Title; ITYD ------------ "I'm never going back there." The police tapped his pencil to the report in... More

Form
Prologue
[Ch.2] Time Stops
[Ch.3] Found
[Ch.4] In the Open
[Ch.5] Taking Sides
[Ch.6] Silence is Loud

[Ch. 1] Roomates Could Be Worse

49 8 49
By MintyShplinty

"It's cleaner than I thought it would be." Laurence stated as he picked up the sheet and looked under it. "Stop picking the room apart. Me first." Calvin chuckled at his own joke and just bellyflopped onto the bed. "Atleast I'm making sure there's no bugs in here, gay ass." Calvin only hummed in acknowledgment before sputtering, "I'm not gay!" He just got an eye roll in return.

Laurence barely looked up when the phone started ringing. "Go get that, will you?" Calvin gave a quick thumbs up, recovering from the earlier accusation easily and grinned while he got up from the bed. Once he reached the phone he picked it up and put it to his ear. His smile faded pretty quick and it turned into a confused look.

Laurence finally looked up at the noticeable silence and raised a brow at him. "What?" Calvin stayed silent for a minute before putting the phone down. "I don't know who that was." Calvin's lips formed a straight line, for once not smiling. "Never thought I'd see the day you'd be unhappy over a wrong number call." A smile ghosted over Laurence's face but disappeared quickly.

"No, it was just really weird. They were breathing heavily into the phone." Laurence just shrugged, "Then how about we not answer the phone anymore?" Calvin nodded, shortly after the practiced bright smile grew on his face once again. "Let's go see Tyler and Felix!" Laurence nodded and followed Calvin out of their room without another word.

They weren't able to knock once they stopped at their friends door before Felix instantly opened it. Before they knew it, they were yanked inside. "I found a board game.. wanna play it?" Tyler offers as he put down a game on the farthest bed.

Laurence instantly huffed, "If you hand me a Ouija board I will shove it up your-"

-

"You're my roommate?" Ceresa crossed her arms and scoffed when Damien walked in. "Apparently so, I hope we can get along well!" Damien's cheery voice seemed to have no effect on Ceresa. "Yeah yeah, whatever. Just stay the hell away from me." Ceresa grumbled, her wings flapped downward lightly as she sat down on her already chosen bed. Damien could hear her mumbling, something that probably had to do with him being annoying.

He ignored her muttering and laid down on the empty bed after setting his barely packed backpack down.

He didn't know how long he laid there until he heard soft snores coming from his right. He glanced at Ceresa for a moment before deciding he should probably sleep a little too. But not before he checked in with his friends.

He got up quietly, careful to not disturb the short-tempered woman and grabbed the hotel phone. He seemed to have forgotten his own phone, since it was nowhere to be found.

He dialed Void's number first, wanting to say hello to his best friend before anyone else.

"Void speaking, if this is another love confession you'll have to wait in line." His calm, flirtatious tone seeping through the phone like butter. Damien just laughed quietly, "Hope I'm early then." He just received a light chuckle from the other end.

"Is your roommate nice?" Voids question made Damien pause for a minute, "She's a little aggressive. But I'm sure we'll get along.. somehow." He could practically see Void's skeptical nod. "If she hurts you, you know my room number, right dude?" Damien smiled at the slightly protective tone. "Yeah man, 203. I'll get there."

Void let out a breath on the other side of the phone and was silent for a second. "My roommates pretty cool, her names Allen." The change of subject was needed and Damien silently thanked his friend for it. "Oo la la." Damien joked, "She's like me in a way." Void continued as Damien's snickering got a little louder, not being able to hold it in. "Well, have fun I guess. I'm about to check in on the other two." He heard a dismissive sound from Void, "I already did, they're alright. Besides El giving some kid on the same floor they're on a death stare, I'd say they're doing fine."

Damien jumped slightly when movement started behind him from Ceresa. She was glaring at him, her red eyes glowing and a fang poking out of her mouth. She probably woke up during his not-so-quiet laughing.

"Well, get some sleep I guess. I'll talk to you later." Damien whispered into the phone to not to disturb the woman behind him more. He looked behind him again to see she settled back into bed, her glare no longer directed towards him. He let out a breath of relief, making sure it wasn't loud enough for anyone except himself to hear.

"Sure, we'll see. Byee." Void drawled out his goodbye and hung up, as did Damien. He walked to his bed and laid down, getting under the cover and turning off the lamp light that was on when he arrived in. Hopefully his roommate did not kill him in his sleep for waking her up.

-

"Hi!" The purple elf waved at her tired roommate. The quiet figure just looked at her, holding her arms close to her shoulders as if she was cold. "What's your name?" Karmi tilted her head, trying to be as gentle as she could while talking to the loner. She just received a shrug and the view of her back. The person laid down shortly after, keeping her back faced towards Karmi.

Karmi nodded even though her roommate couldn't see her and decided to give her some space. She got to the door and opened it, about to step out before she heard her roommate mutter, "LeahLeo. Or.. I also use Logan." Karmi gave a small smile even though the figure still couldn't see it. "Nice to meet you!" She said, the person didn't speak again, even after she left the room.

As she skipped down the halls, she wasn't surprised that the floor was quiet. It was nice. Although, the floors above were a little loud. A tiny bit of yelling of supposedly angry roommates through the thin floors but it was silenced after a bit.

She hopped in front of the tacky doormat that laid in front of her friends room and knocked lightly three times in a small rhythm. Amy answered the door, giving a small smile to her friend. She welcomed her in and watched as IT walked out of the bathroom in a plain t-shirt and pants, hair wet from a supposed shower. "How's the room?" IT asks, rubbing a towel over his cyan-greenish hair. His tail swished happily as he became satisfied with his now dry hair.

Karmi gives them a thumbs up, "They're very quiet, but nice!" Karmi gives a short explanation and sits down on the two beds that have been pushed together, presumably by IT so Amy and him could be closer together when they went to sleep.

"That's good." Amy smiles lightly, putting her hands together in front of her as she walked over to IT and leaned against him as gently as she could. IT responded by wrapping a free arm around her shoulder.

"Anything you guys want to discuss? Maybe something about that new movie that came out?"

-

"It's okay, I guess." Rainbow sighed, looking around the boring room. "As long as we have somewhere to sleep." Graze shrugged off his duffel bag and rolled it under one of the beds. Specifically the one closest to the window.

Rainbow just sighed and threw her stuff down, deciding to go look at herself in the bathroom mirror. "Y'know, from what people I saw, I think I'll only be able to get along with you. Everyone else seems weird." She called from the bathroom. Graze didn't respond, yet responded to his need to pick the grass off his shoes.

After a minute or two, Rainbow walked out, her hair in a low, slightly frizzy, nighttime ponytail. "Wake me up when something exciting happens." She pulls out a Nintendo switch from her bag and tosses it to Graze who caught it easily. "You got it." He smiles at her as she gets comfortable in her own bed. He turns the room light off and got comfy in his own bed, deciding to play animal crossing for a while.

-

"Lucky, are you sure we should be walking around here at night? Do the hall lights ever turn off?" Lily asks as she looks at the paintings, specifically flinching away when she sees a picture of a clown. Linnie wrapped an arm around her girlfriend, making her avoid her gaze from the painting. "Just exploring, I want to be able to map the layout well. I can take you back to the room if you want, love?" Lily instantly shook her head, "I'd prefer to not be alone right now. This place is a little bit creepy to me. I don't like it." Linnie rubs her girlfriends shoulder comfortingly and they continue their walk. Purposely avoiding the hallways that had a noticeable picture of a clown on it as to not scare Lily.

"Alright, I'm getting tired. Would you like to go back?" Lily nods after a second of debating wether or not to visit Allen. Linnie seemed to practically read her mind, "We'll call her when we get there. She could be sleeping. Don't worry, darling. We'll visit her straight in the morning." Lily smiled at her girlfriends suggestion, it was easy enough and just in case Allen was sleeping, she didn't want to wake her up. That girl hasn't slept the whole day since they all drove to this hotel.

-

"Finally! A bed!" Phendo sighed comfortably as his back hit the soft sheets. "I can't wait for that fair to be in town! I've been waiting forever!" Moon calls from behind the bathroom door, exiting moments later in pajama pants and her same hoodie she wears everyday. Her tail made whooshing sounds as she walked to her own bed.

"Same here, they better have made that five hour bus ride worth it." Moon nods in agreement and grabs her notebook, writing down her feelings for the day. "What doodle should I draw?" She looked over at her brother who put on a thinking face.

"You should draw that cat we saw with that woman walking down the street a while back. I think it was a Persian cat. Very beautiful animal if I dare say." Moon nods, pondering the idea, "That was a pretty cat.. alright, I'll draw it. Thanks!" Phendo nodded and laid his head back, closing his eyes just for a minute.

After Moon finished her doodle she turned to show Phendo, only to realize he had fallen asleep. She rolls her eyes playfully and set her notebook down on the nightstand to show him later.

She decided to stay up for a little longer, playing one of those pet caring games on her phone.

-

"I'm so fuckin' tired." Mint groaned, popping just about every bone in his body as he stretched. "You're always tired." Silas rolled his eyes, not looking up from the horror book he was currently reading. It's a shock that he even likes books.. in Mints opinion. "Surprised you aren't, how long have you been awake?" Silas shrugged, not responding which made Mint give him a pouting face. After a beat of silence, Silas finally glanced at him. His face turning into a scowl when he realized Mint had started smiling. "What." His sharp teeth showed as he spoke.

Mint put his hands up in fake surrender and turned his phone on as he looked away from him. Silas rolled his eyes and went back to his book. Of course, Mint can't keep the silence going for too long.

"...You're cute when you're mad." That made Silas snap instantly, he got up and slammed the door behind him as he left the hotel room.

Mint sat there with his lips in a tight line, realizing the guy must not be used to flirting. He grimaced once a few minutes passed and the man hadn't returned yet. He must've really spooked him. "Damnit."

-

When Alec first entered the room, he didn't expect to see a fourteen year old. "Goddammit, of course I get stuck with a kid." He mutters more to himself than anything. "Aren't you at least still in high-school?" Was the response he got from the young girl. He was confused for a minute before he realized the girl had wolf ears, made it a lot better for her to hear him coming from a mile away.

"I'm Addie." She introduces herself. Alec ignored her, trudging to the empty bed and threw whatever stuff he was carrying down beside it. He ignored the girl as she continued to try to make conversation, entering the bathroom and shutting the door behind him as he ruffled his black hair a little bit to make it look a certain way. It didn't matter since he would be taking a short nap, well, not until the kid went to sleep first. Doesn't matter if the kid is a child, he wasn't taking any chances.

He exited the bathroom moments later, the girl had resorted to playing on a tablet as she probably decided he would give her no acknowledgement. But when he assume wrong. When he walked out, she focussed her attention back to him.

"Do you not want me to know your name? That's alright, I know a few people who were like that too. They're really cool." Alec raised a brow at the implication that he was cool. "Your outfit is really appealing." The girl smiles at him as she changed the subject instantly. He said an awkward thanks as he grabbed earbuds from his bag. Hopefully to distance himself and let the girl know he wasn't interested in talking at the moment.

He looked over at her as he picked out a song he wanted to watch. She seemed to be talking to herself, supposedly she could have an identity disorder or something of the sort. He ignored her, deciding not to judge her since he physically couldn't.

He let his playlist run as he laid down and closed his eyes, no longer sticking to his plan of making sure the girl slept first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

150 0 4
She had been alone with me before but the air in the car was excruciatingly lovely. It felt like home. Like she was my wife and I was just driving us...
1.8K 143 35
The banging starts again but this time a lot louder. I can hear the girls screaming up stairs. I pick up my phone and dial 911. "Hello this is 911 wh...
Project By KEBABFISH

Mystery / Thriller

462 1 32
*WARNING: CONTAINS SOME SCENES OF VIOLENCE/IN DEPTH DESCRIPTIONS OF CERTAIN SCENES OF GORE, DOES TOUCH ON SUBJECTS THAT ARE VERY TOUCHY AND EMOTIONAL...
44.9K 1.6K 23
"I don't have a heart . " he said leaning away from her touch . her light was too overwhelming for the darkness inside his very soul . he was the tr...