Borrowed Time (BrigittexMaleR...

Από X2Kosmo

Since the collapse of Overwatch all those years ago, The omnium uprising has left Y/N lost in his mind and wi... Περισσότερα

Introduction
Chapter 1 - Recalling the times
Chapter 2 - Living In The Past
Chapter 3 - Tinkering With Time
Chapter 4 - A Soldiers Orders
Chapter 5 - Savior Among The Storm
Chapter 6 - Codename: SHRIKE
Chapter 7 - Make Or Break
Chapter 8 - Justice From Above
Chapter 9 - Callsign: Misfit
Chapter 10 - Memory Lane
Chapter 11 - Battle Scarred
A/N Notes #1
Chapter 12 - London's Calling
Chapter 13 - Repressed Memories
Chapter 14 - Gates To Kanezaka
Chapter 15 - Kanezaka's Protector
Chapter 16 - Origin's
Chapter 18 - Shimada

Chapter 17 - Yokai

157 2 2
Από X2Kosmo

Night turned to day as the sun rose upon the Kanezaka horizon, after last night I've come to the realization that this place has a deep influence set by the Hashimoto to root out  and it seems I'm not the only one who feels the same way. Kiriko has a rebellious spirit and is willing to put everything on the line but is kept in line by her mother, I see both their points of Kiriko wanting to take the fight to them and Asa's point of wanting to leave them be because it would only be hurting Kanezaka more, but we cant just sit here and let them do whatever they want. I didnt have much to do today, kinda just settling in for today. Then I felt a vibration in my pocket where turning it on I could see I had received two different messages, a message from Genji, a message from Kiriko and a missed phone call from Brigitte. I decided to open Kiriko's first to see what its all about, she said she would be in touch to keep me in the loop.

Opening the message it said

Kiriko: "Heya, I did say I would keep in touch and my mum is very protective of me so I've been debating messaging you. Anyways, I'm messaging you because I think I should introduce you to my crew now rather than later, and I know that I was saying you should rest but I have feeling that me saying that wont stop you anyway. Come to this warehouse by the dock this evening without being followed, and check your wardrobe, I had one of mine hook you up with an outfit based off the armor I got a look at in your duffle bag"

She hooked me up with a set of gear that quickly? Kiriko's more resourceful than I though she was not to mention getting it from there to here in a matter of hours, I should also call Brigitte back while I can, she may be worried about me for no reason. I put the phone up to my ear as I lean up against the wall by my window, hearing the three rings followed by a soothing and familiar voice.

Y/N: "Hey Brig, its me"

Brigitte: "Y/N? I was so worried when you didn't pick up, what happened to you?"

Y/N: "I'm fine, just had my hands full settling in to this place, don't tell me you've been worrying about me"

Brigitte: "I always worry about you, you know you'd be on your third time if you almost kick the bucket on me"

Y/N: "Sometimes you worry too much about me..."

Brigitte: "How can I not? You're my boyfriend whos almost killed himself cause you like to live life on the edge"

Y/N: "Okay, that may be true but I can handle myself... maybe"

Brigitte: "Ill stop worrying... Genji is there to bail you out anyways"

Y/N: "Exactly. Don't worry, Ill be back with you in no time, that's a promise"

Brigitte: "I hope so. I love you"

Y/N: "Love you too. Tell Lena I miss her sassy attitude already"

Brigitte: "Ugh, okay. Don't hurt yourself, okay?"

Y/N: "Ill try not to"

I hung up the phone to immediately reply to Genji's message which ended up amounting to

Genji: "Hey Y/N, how was your first night?"

I decided I probably shouldn't tell him about the encounter I had with the Hashimoto to avoid making him worry too much about what I'm doing and have him focus on what he came here to do.

Y/N: "What's up, didn't get up to much. Pretty much just settling in and meeting some new people"

I put my phone away as I began to check the closet for the outfit Kiriko had tailored up, I guess she put together my size after... you know what, I'm just glad things didn't go even more south from the south state I put myself towards last night. Sliding open the door there it was hung up in a neat fashion, a black hoodie mixed with a purple striping and padded with a thin metal to allow for mobility while protecting me all the same, a pair of black and baggy long legged pants with pockets lining both leggings. It beats having to carry what in comparison to this would be Reinhardt's armor around on my shoulders, that man has to be super strong and enduring.

Y/N: "Eh, black and purple isn't quite my style but it'll do. Now what should I get up to today?"

I pulled out my phone and decided to call up Kiriko, one call and she doesn't pick up, I try again and she doesn't pick up again but I believe in third times the charm so I gave it one more shot and she picked up.

Kiriko: "What could you possibly need that you have to call me three times?"

Y/N: "Thought I'd hit you up and see what you're up to"

Kiriko: "Umm... Working"

Y/N: "That's cool, just wanted to get someone to guide me around Kanezaka, cause you know... I don't know my way around here"

Kiriko: "Gimme half an hour... meet me at the shrine"

Y/N: "Okay boss"

Kiriko: "You don't have to call me that yet"

The phone then hung up as I began counting down the seconds to pass the time, after a while I was getting bored so I packed some stuff into my duffle bag and putting on the clothes she had organized for me. Other than that I just waited around the shrine she told me about while taking a good look at the statues carved in place as a monumental occasion between the town, its people and their relationship with the Genji's family, the Shimada clan. Looking at one of the statues, I noticed that it looked like the fox I saw by Kiriko during both of the times I've seen her with it becoming clear as I put it together in my head but my thoughts were cut short by a hand touching my shoulder to match a familiar pair of eyes.

Y/N: "Jesus! Don't scare me like that"

Kiriko: "Sorry about that, you were zoning out I take it?"

Y/N: "No... maybe... Okay I was"

Kiriko: "Don't always have to be on edge around me, just relax a little"

Y/N: "Kind of hard when you've proven to kick people around"

Kiriko: "Only the bad people. You've proven to me that you aren't like them, now you have to prove that to the others"

I looked at her questioning what she said as I remembered she wanted me to meet her friends today

Y/N: "Your friends... that's right"

Kiriko: "C'mon, Ill show you around and you can meet them right after"

I nodded at her and she began to show me around starting with the most important place of them all, the shrine of the fox spirit. I knew all the basics that the shrine represented but could've never be invested time enough into learning, it basically represented everything I thought it did from what I knew, but I was surely mistaken. Kiriko took me towards one of the statues, it looked like a very special fox renowned for its markings as it stood upon a boulder of some sort.

Kiriko: "This is what we refer to as, the legendary fox spirit. It is said she looks upon and watches out for all of us in Kanezaka"

Y/N: "You mean to say that there is multiple fox spirits that this town praises?"

Kiriko: "Not entirely, its more accurate that you could think of them like the gods of Greece. This fox spirit is just one offspring of many and is the current protector of Kanezaka, if that makes sense"

Y/N: "Makes sense, but then again I also don't believe in the super natural"

Kiriko: "Alright. Tell me. Can you see that?"

She pointed to something behind me, I turned around to see that fox again. It was much clearer for me to make out what It looked like now and proving I'm not actually crazy.

Y/N: "So that fox is actually real?!"

Kiriko: "What did you think I was talking about before?"

Y/N: "I thought I was just crazy seeing it earlier"

Kiriko: "Oh you're crazy alright"

Y/N: "Flattering of you to say..."

She then punched me in the arm which I cant deny the pain I felt immediately

Kiriko: "C'mon. There is still plenty to see in this city"

Lending me her hand, she then teleported us to a nearby street where on the corner was a donut store. Without any words she started walking towards it and gestured me to follow her.

Kiriko: "Cant go on a journey without any meal"

Y/N: "You call donuts a meal"

Kiriko: "Are they not?"

Y/N: "You do you, Ill wait outside"

Kiriko: "Boring, but okay"

I then raised the hood on my hoodie as she went inside and I lent up against the wall with my back

Kiriko's POV

Kiriko: "Good morning Miss Yukotoro!"

Miss Yukotoro: "How are you doing my dear? It seems you've brought a boy with you"

Kiriko: "Tell me about it, he's not very active if I'm being honest. Doesn't seem to want to do anything fun"

Miss Yukotoro: "Boys will be boys dear, but what's the deal between the two of you?"

Kiriko: "Nothing, I met him yesterday at the shrine and turns out he's just moved into the apartment building I live in"

Miss Yukotoro: "Just don't hurt each other too much, its been a while since you've met a guy you've had something in common with"

Kiriko: "Yeah... I know, just testing the grounds right now but don't worry"

Miss Yukotoro: "Take this box my dear, for your troubles"

Kiriko: "Thanks once again, Ill be sure to get him in the store next time"

Miss Yukotoro: "You don't have to"

Kiriko: "I don't have to... But I want to"

Miss Yukotoro: "You do you dear"

Y/N's POV

I had been leaning up against the wall for a solid five minutes now, I wonder what's taking her so long when its just snacks she wants. A little moment later the door swung open and she walked out with a box in hand.

Y/N: "Did you only get donuts?"

Kiriko: "Awww is somebody hungry?"

Y/N: "Don't say I didn't ask for actual food later"

Kiriko: "You're an adult aren't you?"

Y/N: "Whatever"

I began to walk off as I heard the faint sound of skipping behind me, looking behind all to be seen was the biggest smile and the sway of her green tied back hair with each skipping motion.

Kiriko: "So you excited to meet them?"

Y/N: "Depends..."

Kiriko: "On what?"

Y/N: "Are any of them like you?"

Kiriko: "In what regard?"

Y/N: "Energetic, impulsive..."

Kiriko: "Is that bad-"

Y/N: "And overall a breath of fresh air compared to other people I've had to talk to over the years"

Kiriko just looked at me and stopped skipping, I too came to a stop shortly after and turning to her waiting for her usual witty sense of humoured response.

Y/N: "Kiriko?"

Kiriko: "Y/N..."

She looked a variety of emotions. Upset, confused, disheveled. Many words to describe what I was seeing but none of them narrowed down to what she was feeling.

Kiriko: "Do you ever just think about the people you've lost?"

Y/N: "Well I mean, you've heard what I've come from so I'm sure you know my answer"

Kiriko: "But I mean... People that you thought were irreplaceable. Unique. Only for new people to come into your life and make you forget"

Y/N: "Look Kiriko. I don't know who you are, I don't know what you've been through. But today I've made a new friend, that is you. So whether you see something in me that you've seen in them, keep that thought close to your heart and that will stay with you forever"

Kiriko: "You're right... I'm just being stupid"

I walked up to her grabbing her arms as she looked up at me with a tear falling from her eye

Y/N: "You aren't stupid. You've done more for me than most people have for me in their lives, nobody is perfect and that's what makes us human but most importantly friends, no matter new and old make you who you which is something that cant be taken away from you"

Kiriko: "Yeah... Right, C'mon lets go meet the others"

Y/N: "You lead the way"

I gave her a reassuring smile and grabbed the box from her arms so she could clean herself up and compose herself. After a little while she began walking, grabbing my hand as she walked past and putting on a little smile.

Kiriko: "Thanks Y/N, that means a lot. You're a good guy, you know that?"

Y/N: "I try to be"

Kiriko: "I mean it, you aren't like most of the people I spend my time with"

Being pulled along like this reminded me of how Brigitte used to act, so young and innocent but was always to switch up on you in the blink of an eye. Although for some reason Kiriko seems very different... I just cant put my finger on it, I began to zone out as she effortlessly tugged me along which she seemed to notice.

Kiriko: "Y/N? You good? Greetings from earth..."

I began blinking vigorously breaking the trance and having my eyes meet hers

Y/N: "Umm... Sorry about that, I was just thinking too hard"

Kiriko: "I like to zone out with my thoughts too, believe it or not I do it quite often, even around my friends"

Y/N: "Really? You seem too energetic and on your feet so often"

Kiriko: "Doesn't mean I cant do it on the go, I find it best that way so I'm not questioned about it"

Y/N: "Noted, I'm glad someone understands"

We kept walking eventually leading out of the town and by the waterfront where nothing but huge warehouses could be seen, it was oddly calming with the crashing waves and the orange sun lighting up the horizon.

Kiriko: "Almost there, just a few more blocks, you doing good?"

Y/N: "And If I said no?"

Kiriko: "Then its a shame you are losing to girl such as myself"

Y/N: "Don't forget, you're the one with these mystical powers"

Kiriko: "Yeah... right..."

She had a sudden frown on her face which I was able to pick up

Y/N: "Something the matter?"

Her face immediately went back to a smile but I could tell she was just putting one on, I didn't want to question further so I just went along with it.

Kiriko: "Nope, doing just fine, just reminded me of something"

Y/N: "You don't have to tell me, Its fine"

Kiriko: "Thank you, I'm glad you respect my privacy"

Not long after we had pulled up to an abandoned warehouse that had been sprayed all over with tags, none of which I could make out clearly.

Kiriko: "This is it! Welcome to our clubhouse!"

Y/N: "Your club?"

Kiriko: "Well its more of a group of vigilantes, but cant go around saying that now can we?"

Y/N: "Fair enough"

Kiriko then proceeds to knock on the door in a rhythmic way as a pair of arms then yank me by the collar through the now open door.

???: "Who are you?!"

???: "What are you doing with the boss?!"

Now tossed to the floor, I am at the mercy of the group of people in front of me being separated from Kiriko. Two of the three pointing weapons at my unarmed self.

Kiriko: "You two! Stand down!"

???: "But Kiriko!"

Kiriko: "That's enough!"

The two began to drop their weapons and backed off as Kiriko walked up to me, placing a talisman on the backside of my hand which I hadn't even noticed got all scratched up from the tussle.

Kiriko: "He is our guest and we shall treat him like one of us. Is that clear?"

The two of them replied in tandem.

??? & ???: "Understood"

Kiriko the helped me to my feet, and began explaining the situation from the top.

Kiriko: "Ryota, Nobuto and Sakura. Thjs is Y/N, he is an Overwatch agent just visiting who I happened to stumble across in my apartment building"

Y/N: "Stumble upon is an understatement"

She then glared at me, one that was both serious but passive. My response was to just whistle and let her continue. A man with an Oni mask approached me and bowed.

Ryota: "I am Ryota. I apologise for mine and my colleagues actions before, we mistook you for someone who was capable of being a threat to myself, Kiriko and our group. We hope you will work with us sometime to give Kanezaka a fighting chance against the Hashimoto"

I put my hand on his shoulder has he stands back up where we begin to talk eye to eye.

Y/N: "I appreciate your honesty and concern, I've had my fair share of confrontations so I understand where you are coming from. I am here to help you... All of you in any way I can"

Kiriko: "And you?"

She looks at a woman, wearing some sort of bird mask over her head. She doesn't bat an eye until Kiriko takes a little step forward.

Sakura: "I am Sakura and I will not speak on behalf of anyone here, I understand you were with her but anyone can play pretend and that's when you find out their true colours. I will give you one thing though, If Kiriko trusts you then I too must put my faith in your life as well"

Kiriko: "You couldn't have been any nicer?"

Y/N: "No. Kiriko Its fine, this is a world of trust and if you do not trust me by now. Then that is something I must gain, not inherently earn through your leader"

They all looked at me with both Ryota and Kiriko smiling, Sakura being as stubborn as the first impression indicated. Another person in the back began clapping as they too walked up to me, a figure with a straw hat and tanuki mask revealed themselves.

???: "Quite the speech, I'm impressed Kiriko. You've found someone whos a potential keeper"

Y/N: "And you are?" I say extending my hand

Nobuto: "The names Nobuto, don't mind these two Y/N, I can see you are someone capable of handling themselves. You've got quite a few scars to prove it too" He says shaking my hand in return

This guy is quite observant, definitely the most out of them all, maybe on the same scale as Kiriko when we met.

Kiriko: "Alright guys alright. That's enough annoying the new guy"

Nobuto: "Don't worry boss, wouldn't dream of it"

Nobuto then walked back to a desk he was sitting at and messing around with some sort of device, Ryota had started sharpening a blade he had found laying around and Sakura still gave me the look she had when she first laid eyes on me. Kiriko began whispering to me.

Kiriko: "Don't worry too much about these guys, welcome to Yokai Y/N"

She followed up with a hug and smiled at me before walking away to talk to Nobuto over something. Just like that, I had been accepted by Kiriko into Yokai. This was only the beginning as I had a bad feeling about what may come next.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GUESS WHOS BACK! I'm sorry it took so long to come back, I just hit a writers block and had no passion for what I was coming up with but I'm back after many... many months. Thank you to all those who have been supporting the story, it means a lot and hopefully this time I'm back for good, the updates may be less but I am planning to put more effort and words into each installment. I missed you all and with Overwatch back in my mind I am back to my impulsive and creative self.

<3 you all

Συνέχεια Ανάγνωσης

Θα σας αρέσει επίσης

64.5K 1.7K 27
Really quickly: This is an Overwatch fan fiction for people who like cute romances- no lemons here. Ew. I'm *trying* to keep this appropriate for al...
Have No Fear Από Jayna Kuklin

Γενικό Φαντασίας

278 2 8
"This wasn't a good idea at all..." "I'm going to die aren't I?" "Tokei ga toki a kizande iru." "Shinpaishinaide kudasai. Watashi wa anata no inochi...
83.6K 1.5K 28
A disbanded group of heroes. A sinister plot. A shattered world. As a new recruit to the legendary Overwatch you have big shoes to fill, fortunate...
3.6K 61 9
Two years ago the world ended. Nobody knows how exactly but everything just stopped, governments collapsed in seconds and infrastructure soon followe...