Neutral: (A Countryhuman AU)

By Yui744

The United States of America, the power driven, hero complex having maniac. Or so everyone thinks... America... More

Warnings & Disclaimers
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3; pt1
Chapter 3; pt2
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7

Chapter 4

249 7 1
By Yui744

Art is underway XD, I have the perfect pose too. I'm also coloring in the covers so it won't be long before I post it! Hope you enjoy reading!

No One's POV-

It was around 6:00 in the morning and Canada huffed, his heart beating uncontrollably. He took care of the bribes, the footage, and the information but something was off, his breath wavered as he wiped the sweat off his forehead. Considering how well-hidden the evidence of that day was, it was all too easy. Looking around he stepped over broken shards of the glass window he had broken into, a crunch sounding through every step. 

He was in the spy's home, the Chinese spy who took the footage of America leaving, to be specific. It was the spy one specific spy out of many, who got away with private documents and slipped it into the news's hands... 

Burning the last USB he found Canada peered through the various shelves. Looking at any more evidence to destroy he sighed, going through the hallways and back into the bedroom. As the door behind him clicked shut he entered the bedroom, the spy was tied up, legs and arms bound by rope to a chair, foam spewing out of their mouth.

Grumbling, Canada rubbed his temple annoyed, that the spy had killed herself. China sent her for sure, but what was the purpose? He examined the various pictures of the USA littered around the room. All from that day, grabbing one with him getting the limo with a familiar man.

Was it to turn America into the UN for his supposed crime? 

Was this some sort of revenge? 

No, that wouldn't make sense, China wouldn't have to worry about the USA anymore with him being neutral... unless... wait... this was blackmail.

Canada lit up a match from his pocket burning whatever was lying around, his mind piecing together different scenarios...

Yes... China was going to use this to either turn the superpower into his ally forcefully or isolate him. The tall country nodded to himself as he finished up his arson, mhm, that sounded more like the sly man that China was. Always manipulating others to do his bidding.

After all, all the countryhumans who knew him well could all say that he created the saying, 'keep your friends close but your enemies closer'. Rolling his eyes at the dead woman in the seat, he cut the ropes and set the body on the floor, disgusted but still anxious as a terrifying thought crossed his mind... 

What if it was already too late?

Canada shook his head trying to calm his rapidly beating heart. Thank god he had gloves on and the necessary equipment to hide a body, or else he might've been in deep trouble. Grunting, while pulling the body into a trash bag he sighed, stepping out of the room. Bringing out a paper map out of his pocket he traced where he was. There was a river nearby that he could probably dump the body into. Maybe put some weights on it so that it sunk deep enough for no one to find it. 

Shit, the things he would do for America...

Circling the area with his finger he pinpointed where he was. He was in Massachusetts, Worcester, with a river named the Connecticut River just a few miles away, perfect. With that in mind, his plan was convenient and somewhat easy. Just around a 5 minute drive, seems simple enough. Shrugging, he put the body in the truck and began to drive looking back at the house to make sure no one saw him leave the vicinity.

5 minutes passed as he drove and he pulled into a secluded part of the river, putting the body over his shoulder, weights at hand.

After a few minutes of tying the weights together and settling everything into place, he did as he planned, dumping the body into the river after wrapping it up in a black trash bag. Cleaning his hands in the stream he looked back and forth along the path.

Still no one in sight, good.

Shaking a bit, at the biting wind near the river he played back on the meeting with the other UN members, only to murmur in disappointment. He had a long day and all he had for breakfast was a quick cereal before the 6-hour drive. Canada already had enough on his plate and now, just as the US gives up the crown, the world suddenly decides to panic and start refusing services. For example, the African countries stopped trading with most European countries, and South American countries started fighting over themselves. That included Brazil and Venezuela, heaven forbid Mexico also started fighting with his lower continental neighbors over cartels and drugs.

That doesn't even amount to the trouble in Asia as China began to isolate Japan and Philipines from trade. If he wasn't mistaken Taiwan was slowly breaking down once again and Vietnam was getting moderately aggressive. And that didn't include Malaysia, Indonesia, or even Australia. Which was trying to help Taiwan but to no avail.

 Just his luck, he growled in annoyance, he was going to try and be with America for a bit... get to know him better, and maybe... ask him out...

But now his plans were ruined!

The European countries were probably going to bombard him with even more pleas. Pleas to convince the striped country to come back to the world stage, something he didn't want to bother America with. Getting rid of his gloves and incriminating tools by lazily throwing them into the river, he watched the river flow and roar.

Taking in a deep breath he inhaled the scent that wafted the humid air.

He missed these moments, just being carefree and playing around with America. He could still hear his laughter and obnoxious play, the red and white country sat down at the river feeling a bit at... peace.

Was this what the US wanted, just some peace and quiet?

Even if it meant probable collapse and constant criticism? 

Gripping at his folded arms he watched as geese flew overhead, migrating somewhere warmer for them to live, eat, and grow; not a care in the world as they soared through the clear skies. Canada just hoped that the footage was destroyed before anyone else could see it, maybe he could help America keep himself together with this at least. He still wanted to see how the other was doing by texting a simple hello, but his phone buzzed with so many notifications and chaos that he couldn't find the time or energy to even open it back up...

Suddenly he heard a shift to his right side, a smaller figure sitting down next to him with a groan. Instantly tensing up at the company he snapped his neck to look at the person that intruded on his little outing.

To his surprise, it was Massachusetts sitting down on a rock next to him, he was wearing a very nice black leather jacket with a red Harvard T-shirt and some blue jeans. The short statehuman had a slim cut and sharp green eyes. He also had his signature white flag with the blue and yellow crest in the middle gleaming with cleanliness, even with his old age. Leaning back he sighed, a bit of an old Irish accent prominent as he spoke,

"Oi, what are you doing here young' in?" Massachusetts said looking over to the Canadian with a carefree stare, hands propping him onto the rocks behind him.

Canada stiffened at the question before Mass shrugged laughing, "Ah, don't be tense, I know what happened. In fact, I know everything, it'd be strange if I didn't."

The canadian huffed before laying down on the rocky ground hands behind his head, his tense muscles reluctantly relaxing a bit at the revelation, "It seems so... wait... you know about-", Canada started, lifting an eyebrow as the statehuman cut him off.

"Yes, I do, America isn't very sneaky about using Buddy for anything. That includes murder." The Irish-accented man said.

"...So he did kill the politicians..." The maple syrup lover said staring up at the sky again.

"Oh no no no no no, he didn't kill just those hooligans he killed everyone who was involved with the corruption in the government. Not gonna lie, I might as well have killed them myself... and that's coming from me, not god damned New York, or Pennsylvania, or Florida, or California, or Texas, or- okay maybe all of us feel the same for once... As much as it pains me to admit that I'm on the same page as that Yorker..." Massachusetts groaned at the mention of his somewhat rowdy but mellow step-brother.

"Did you feel anything wrong with... America?" Canada said looking at Mass in slight fear,

"Honestly... I can't tell... I haven't really talked to my boy in a while... though I am concerned about just becoming neutral out of nowhere... BAH! No point in thinking about it, I'll just bring it up the next time I see him! Maybe Cherokee will know something?" The state said shrugging at the mention of the native american with a lopsided smile.

Looking over, Mass saw the canadian's lost expression and he sighed knowing that look, "Hey... if it makes you feel a bit better, I can tell you where my son lives... I think he needs at least a bit of company, at least a familiar face... we states can't really leave our homes right now." Massachusetts says getting up off the ground and stretching out his legs and arms with a huff.

"Pluuuus... I trust you, I can tell you're better than the pig Canadian dominion- no offense. You care a lot about my boy." Mass chuckled as Canada flushed a bit at the mention before walking off, waving with a nice smile.

Taking a deep breath in and out, Canada stood up as well trying to calm himself before his face became a tomato. Looking to the side, his face only got worse as he saw a sticky note with America's address written on it.

Yeah, no that wasn't working.

Trying to distract himself Canada finally looked at his phone... only to stare at the first notification he saw...

Germany, Poland, and Finland were all attacked by Russia? 

Russia isn't Russia?

World War 3 imminent?

Fuck, he needed to get back to his office in Ottawa. But something in him just couldn't let go of America. The back of his mind only thought about the other and Mass's insistence on him checking in on the US.  

Finally, he made a choice, he was going to see America. The star-spangled country was closer, regarding the fact that he was already on the United States mainland. If he turned back now, he would have to go through an hour-long border search to get back into his homeland, time he would rather be spending with the former superpower.

Stretching a bit to get ready for a long drive he grumbled, looking at the news articles, news outlets, and his email bombarding him with news of the new world war. Walking back to his car, he took out his keys and got in, starting the engine. Throwing the phone into the back seat, he began to drive, driving to the USA's house in Washington DC. Right where Massachusetts said he would be staying.

Puerto Rico's POV-

Waking up from my sleep, I lay on my bed staring at the ceiling fan, bored and exhausted. I was crying all night and my bruises were getting darker each day. A horrible migraine racked my head as earthquakes rumbled through my territory. I felt my body weaken for every minute and the rumbles didn't stop. It was one of those days, huh, I think about Cuba one day and the next I'm feeling like I'm going to die. Turning in my bed sheets I feel sweat trickle down my forehead and my body shiver. I need to get up but... It's so difficult, why does it feel like I'm getting ripped apart? I want to scream so badly but not a sound leaves my mouth.

Before I knew it I heard the alarm from Dad's room sound, thumps could be heard as he made his way around his room but I only buried my face into the pillow annoyed. Why is it that he never seems to care?

I shivered as that sentence made my mouth taste bitter, I can't be thinking that now... Dad cares, he really does. He's just busy that's all, it's not because he doesn't care right?

Suddenly I hear a knock at my door and a soft hum.

"Rico, you okay? It's noon and you're still not up-", Dad says opening my door only to stop in shock.

Glancing weakly at Dad I huff and try to face him better in the bed but America runs over to my side worried at my bruises and probably my very puffy eyes.

"Rico what happened!? Are you okay? Is it another hurricane? Is it like Maria? Do you want anything?" my adoptive dad said touching my forehead and checking my injuries.

America became frantic and filled my room with constant sound and pressure. Eventually couldn't stand his hands touching me and my pent-up rage flared up.

"Dad... just... leave me alone, please." I groan shoving his hands away annoyed.

However the US only frowned sitting down by the bed, insisting on staying,

"No, Rico... I'm not leaving you again, I'm not just going to sit by and watch you crumble like before." America looked at me sternly before looking to the side in slight shame. Why is he like this?

Hypocrite, you've broken every one in the family already. No wonder Cuba doesn't remember me... I should have gone with Cuba and that other man.

No! Stop it, America always does his best. It wasn't him who did these things to me it was the government, If anything he was the one pushing for my recuperation. He even fought a whole group of politicians for better supplies and ships to be sent to my archipelago!

Right...?

Ignoring my insistent negative thoughts I watched as Dad began to stare at the picture of me and him... when I was just a baby, given to him by my colonial father Spanish Empire. I faltered at the memories before making up my mind and slowly standing up on my own.

Though the nausea made me stumble I found my way into my adopted father's arms. Tired I hum as the comfort, drowning out the worried questions and just snuggling closer into his arms and huffing into his long hair.

"Mijo! En serio, estas bien? Que pasa contigo- contestame porfavor (My child 'or kid'! Seriously, are you okay? What is it with you- answer me please)." America shook me, slipping into spanish, which I assumed was to save me some energy from translating. 

His voice turned frantic as I felt my consciousness go in and out. Ah, it feels like falling apart... My head felt like it was splitting apart, my bruises pulsed and shook in tune with the large earthquakes rumbling through. I felt like freezing water splashed over me suddenly as large waves and tsunamis began to roll in. I felt like I wanted to scream in pain but my mouth didn't produce any noise. Hugging onto that warm embrace that held me down I felt tears slide down my face like acid water.

Like the flick of a light switch, my eyes finally closed and my dad's voice was only mumbling in the distance. However, his touch never left me even in my sleep.

As I felt my body slowly lose its pain and pulsing I look around my mind space. It was back in our home... Cuba's and mine. Back when the spanish empire didn't pay any mind to us we would run around in the small village of Havana or Old San Juan.

How nostalgic, back then we had nothing to worry about. Well, that was if we ignored Spain's every need and order. Memories began to play as Cuba ran past me, this particular moment being during the age of 3 or 4. Cuba still had his signature inverted flag of mine with braids adorning his head and striking red eyes that could kill anyone alive.

"Ay bendito, Puerto Rico para de ser un bebe y vamonos. Tenemos un poco de tiempo antes de que España venga por nosotros! Vamos, sera divertido!('version of oh my god', Puerto Rico stop being such a baby and let's go. We still have some time before Spain comes for us! Come on, it'll be fun!) " Cuba exclaimed dragging little me, though little me only shivered and shook his head.

Past me was mute... voice box destroyed by... Spain. I shook my head at the reminder before humming out in slight nervousness. I- I got my voice back, at least...

Wanting to forget the dreadful memories circling my mind, I return to the happy memory.

Little me pulled back and stomped in distaste at Cuba before puffing his cheeks.

"Aw, dale Rici! Es solamente ir y volver. Dale, es la unica ves que vamos a poder ver la playa por un rato. (Aw, come on 'pronounced Ricky'! It's only in and out. Come on, this is the only time we can go see the beach for a while.)"

Tiny me only looked down, hand holding himself close, Cuba, being the good twin brother he is wrapped his arms around me and hummed in comfort.

"Porfiiiiii! (Pleeeeeeease!)"Cuba wiped away whatever tears fell from my tiny face and I nodded seeming scared.

That hug... I've tried so hard to get it back but... Now he's gone. He doesn't remember me... us... watching both kids rush over playfully to the beach I sigh.

We were so young and naive, if only we could have stayed like that. I laugh bitterly as I clung to this moment.

Once the two kids reached the beach they sighed in amazement and wonder as the sunset cast its colors in the transparent water, the sun sitting right about the water almost like a candle flame. Palm trees made silhouettes around them as they gleefully watched the scenery. The sand under their bare feet was wet and the rolling waves never ceased. The cool but humid breeze wiped through my dirty blonde hair while Cuba's braids flapped only slightly.

The kids hugged each other closely in love and comfort. They thought that nothing could pull them apart, if the Spanish Empire wouldn't pull them apart then who could?

No one!

Or so they thought.

Not long after both kids were getting dragged back to their almost jail cell rooms in Spain's house and bound by ropes. That was the day that they or rather I was beaten near the brink of death.

I took all the blame for leaving and Spain was relentless, smacking my face, whipping my back, pulling my hair, and scratching at my Taino-made tattoos. He had abused him in every way he could think of and eventually sold both of them off. There in the jail cell, he was laid down in a bed bleeding out as Cuba cried and fought off the guards trying to take me away. Cuba only then realized that he was also being sold and was carried out with me... to the US.

After that Cuba grew cold and refused any help. He never truly accepted the US and blamed him for everything that the government was doing to me and himself. The day that America had touched him, grabbing his arm to stop him from avoiding him forever... that was when he had enough and left with that red man during the Cold War. During that insistent fighting Cuba was killed during the squabble and was reborn into his own independent nation... but at what cost?

It was Cuba's memories... Cuba was no longer my dear twin... The one I had even before becoming colonies, before we knew 'modern' civilization, before all of this bullshit.

Now all I have are my younger adopted siblings and my dad.

Spanish Empire was still out there, though he was sworn to solidarity like every other countryhuman whose country or empire collapsed.

I feel my body weaken at the mention before I feel sharp pain rip through my head and legs. My knees buckled and I yelled out in pain. The sudden jerk and pain suddenly woke me up, startling everyone in the room.

I cried as I looked at Mariana, Virgy, Sam, Guam, and Dad all crowded around me. I miss Cuba! Why can't he be here now!?

I felt arms enclose around my figure almost instantly, arms all squeezing me and soothing me.

This... this felt nice...looking up I feel a gentle kiss being planted on my forehead by Dad, a worried look on his face.

Feeling tears threatening to fall I try to wipe them off quickly only to be stopped by Dad caressing my face gently.

"Rico, it's okay, we're all here. Help should be on its way. Just breathe in and out... come on, follow me," America said inhaling in and out audibly for me to follow.

Looking around me in slight nervousness I do as told sinking into the embrace of everyone there and letting my pain die out. This embrace... I missed this...

America's POV (a few minutes before PR passed out)-

I was completely and utterly exhausted, I didn't even get a wink of sleep with Virgy's constant moving and sleep talk. Honestly, I would think that she was talking to me the whole time if it wasn't for her facing the other way.

Groaning at my arm I stretched, my right arm feeling like it had pins and needles littering my insides. With the dip of the bed, I made sure to not wake up my daughter as I searched the room for my slippers with my eyes. Shrugging at the newly found slippers, I try to get up gently off the bed and untangle my hair from under Virgy and myself. I felt as if I was on a mission as I lifted my hair out of the way and tip-toed to my slippers on the other side of the room, near the closet. Unexpectedly I heard a creak on the floor, cringing as I slowly turned my head to see if I accidentally woke up Virgin Islands. Though my heart almost leaps out of my throat with a sudden alarm blaring on my phone.

Covering my ears, I heard Virgy whine about the sound, flipping the large comforter over herself to stop the noise. Deciding the noise was enough as it was, I swiftly went back to the side of my bed and stopped the phone alarm with a sigh.

Looking down at the small burrito in the blankets I sit to the side, knowing fully well that Virgy was already awake. I mean who wouldn't be awake after that, chuckling a bit at the irritated huffs of my little girl I start to poke at the blankets.

"Knock, knock, Virgy... It's time to wake up, okay? I know you want to sleep in but we have some things to do for today. Remember you wanted to go out with me and Mariana later in the afternoon?" Nuzzling what I assumed was her tiny head I laughed as she grumpily pulled off the covers in dismay.

"Hmm, can we get ice cream then?" Virgy asked picking at her eye.  With a big smile, she hugged me tightly.

"Let me think... alright! Just don't go for any more sweets today, deal?" I said cupping his little chubby cheeks.

"Deal!" Virgy laughed in glee as she jumped up, sleepiness already out of her system, and excitement overtook her. Sighing I shake my head laughing at her giddiness. Watching her excitement I couldn't help by clasp my hands together and mess with strands of my hair. 

However, I almost jumped out of my seat on the bed by her jumping off the bed with a huge slam from the tile floors but Virgy still ran around. That almost gave me a heart attack, I thought she had fallen on her face. But it was just her feet taking the brunt of the force. Now that I think about it that might have woken up a couple of my kids too.

Curious I slide off the bed and watch as Vrigy runs out of the room and into Guams from across the hallway. Laughing and the pattering of feet echoed in Guam's room.

Guam however, thought that was a very rude awakening and yelled at her to get out. Grumbling he left his room while still adjusting to the lights outside his very dark room, still tired. I walked over to him before kissing him on the forehead gently,

"Guam be nice, you know how your sister is." I remind him.

"But Papa! She-", I stopped him mid-sentence.

"Ah, ah, ah, she's a little kid Guam just go downstairs for now alright, I need to see if Rico and Mariana are up. I'll make your favorite for breakfast." I straightened back up as I saw Guam almost huff before going down the stairs almost excited. Ah yes, that always works.

I slightly chuckle as I see Virgy run down the stairs too all while I open the door to Puerto Rico's room humming,

"Rico, you okay? It's noon and you're still not up-", But as soon as I went in I felt a pang at the sight.

He was going through another natural disaster. 

Alright, that was a rough cliffhanger lmao! But this will also be in 2 parts since it is turning out to be a lot longer than I thought it would soooo,

I hope you enjoyed reading, and have a wonderful day! ;)

Yui out*

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.2K 580 35
☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ ❜┊˚ ͙۪۪̥◌༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶༶•┈┈୨♡୧┈┈•༶☄. *. ⋆˚ ༘♡ ⋆。˚- ͙۪۪̥˚┊❛ 𝔸𝕝𝕝 𝕔𝕣𝕖𝕕𝕤 𝕘𝕠 𝕥𝕠 𝕠𝕣𝕚𝕘𝕚𝕟𝕒𝕝 𝕒𝕣𝕥𝕚𝕤𝕥𝕤! @𝕥𝕚𝕫...
2.5K 35 8
" it's all for them not for me to keep them safe cant tell no one here If you love them you're willing to sacrifice for them " or America tries to ke...
39.1K 947 36
Soviet Collapsed, Soviet's kids kept his death a secret until the organizations accidentally found out. After a few days everything is calmed down an...
24.9K 623 16
War in Ukraine surprised many countries, many people were watching what was happening there in horror. The whole world began to hate Russia even more...