Never Without You │ BOTW mode...

By Finnclarkson

A relationship between an internationally praised athlete and a straight A student who hates any kind of atte... More

Quick Welcome Back!
Different
Your Fault
One More Day
Just the Two of Us
Broken
I Had So Many Reasons
Birthday Candles
Make a Wish
Tell Me Everything's Fine
Expelled
The Heart of Hyrule
Consequences
A One-Time Thing
Drunk
No Means No
Fool
I Do
You
A Good Day
Do It Again
Happiness
There's Nothing Wrong With Being a Virgin
A Dead Sparrow On The Pavement
Hey
Overthinking is a Waste of Time
Letting Go and Moving On
3F
Aryll
よろしくおねがいします
宮本リンク
みらい
おやすみ
コンビニ
夏祭り
ルト
過去
新しい関係と古い傷跡
立ち呑みやま
祇園 小森
Hero
Good Person
Bad Person
Breaking Up
I haven't been honest about Ruto
All the Things that Hurt Us
Breath of the Wild
Mount Lanayru
Slumbering Power
Just Feel
Never Without You
While We Were Gone
You and Me, No Lovers
A Smile on Revali's Sour Face
Kiroh
Taking a Shower
Can't Always Get What You Want
Homeless
Another Smiley Face on the Glass
Mía
Death Wish
Not Safe
Prison
Consent
Taking a Life
Already dead
Everything I Do is For Us
I'm Not Going Anywhere
If you could snap your fingers and make it all go away
Flowers and Chocolate
Bus Stop
Deku
I Vowed to Protect Your Daughter
We're Not Friends
Temptation
Nobody to Blame
Love Can Take Many Forms
Therapy
A Complex Puzzle
Lemonade
Shad
Bonfire
When She Gives Her Heart to Him, She Breaks My Heart in Two
The Crying of Lot 49
Eternal Riddler
Ramses
Game of Doors
Brothers
We Are Getting Married
Bumblebee
Tennis Ball
I Made Sure of That
Thanksgiving
Just For One Night

Hyrule University vs. Karusa Valley

3.3K 99 164
By Finnclarkson

Link's POV

"Karusa?" Impa asks just as shocked. "As in... Valley?" She gets up and rolls up her sleeves. "The Boar?" Then she rips the pile of papers out of Zelda's grip. Half of it drops to the floor again and while Zelda starts to pick those papers up, Impa reads through the other half. "The Boar that attacked Link on the baseball field? That guy?"

He did a hell of a lot worse than that, but yes, that's the one. 

With a sour taste on my tongue, I glare at the documents while I help Zelda pick them up. I don't know much about law so I don't know what any of this means but Zelda's face is translating the meaning behind it all. And it's not looking good.

Zelda looks at me with so much disgust and fear in her eyes. "You don't think Father would sue him for..." but she stops herself from finishing her sentence because Impa is in the room and my best guess is that she doesn't know about the hickey. "He wouldn't..."

I stay quiet. From what I know about her dad, he totally would go public with the sexual assault thing. But then again, he's been trying to be a better dad so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

"Maybe you should call him up and ask what this is about," I say in a calm voice.

Zelda's breathing is starting to get hectic as she flips through the loose pages and I worry she'll have a panic attack if she doesn't calm down.

"How could he..." she says in a broken whisper. "I made him promise not to tell anyone..."

"Isn't this a good thing?" Impa asks confused. "Karusa should be in prison for what he did to Link."

"This isn't about Link," Zelda pants, looking more and more scared.

"What do you mean? It says it right here," Impa points at one of the papers she's holding. "Hyrule University vs. Karusa Valley."

"What?" Zelda and I say at the same time.

"The altercation escalated into a physical confrontation," Impa reads out loud, "during which Link Miyamoto and the defendant engaged in a brawl, with security personnel attempting to intervene."

"Give me that," Zelda snatches the page from Impa and mumbles the rest of the paragraph to herself. "Hyrule University seeks to hold Karusa Valley legally responsible for the physical altercation and resulting injuries inflicted upon its student-athlete, Link."

"What does that mean?" I ask them, trying to look over Zelda's shoulder to see which paragraph she's reading."

𝚂𝚄𝙿𝙴𝚁𝙸𝙾𝚁 𝙲𝙾𝚄𝚁𝚃 𝙾𝙵 𝚃𝙷𝙴 𝚂𝚃𝙰𝚃𝙴 𝙾𝙵 𝙲𝙰𝙻𝙸𝙵𝙾𝚁𝙽𝙸𝙰

𝙷𝚢𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢,
𝙿𝚕𝚊𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚏𝚏

-𝚟𝚜-

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚊 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢,
𝙳𝚎𝚏𝚎𝚗𝚍𝚊𝚗𝚝

𝙲𝙾𝙼𝙿𝙻𝙰𝙸𝙽𝚃 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙰𝙻 𝙸𝙽𝙹𝚄𝚁𝚈 𝙰𝙽𝙳 𝙽𝙴𝙶𝙻𝙸𝙶𝙴𝙽𝙲𝙴

Zelda flips to the next page and I try to read as much as possible before she goes on to the next.

𝙸. 𝙿𝙰𝚁𝚃𝙸𝙴𝚂

𝙷𝚢𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚊𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚒𝚌 𝚒𝚗𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚝𝚞𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚠𝚒𝚝𝚑 𝚒𝚝𝚜 𝚙𝚛𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚒𝚙𝚊𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎 𝚘𝚏 𝚋𝚞𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚎𝚜𝚜 𝚒𝚗 𝙲𝚊𝚕𝚒𝚏𝚘𝚛𝚗𝚒𝚊.

𝙺𝚊𝚛𝚞𝚜𝚊 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢 𝚒𝚜 𝚊𝚗 𝚒𝚗𝚍𝚒𝚟𝚒𝚍𝚞𝚊𝚕 𝚠𝚑𝚘, 𝚊𝚝 𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚛𝚎𝚕𝚎𝚟𝚊𝚗𝚝 𝚝𝚒𝚖𝚎𝚜, 𝚠𝚊𝚜 𝚊 𝚜𝚝𝚞𝚍𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚋𝚊𝚕𝚕 𝚙𝚕𝚊𝚢𝚎𝚛 𝚊𝚝 𝙻𝚘𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝙰𝚌𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚖𝚢.

She's already on the next page before I can process the previous one. Her eyes work faster than a copying machine and she's already flipping again.

𝙸𝙸𝙸. 𝙲𝙰𝚄𝚂𝙴𝚂 𝙾𝙵 𝙰𝙲𝚃𝙸𝙾𝙽

𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝙸: 𝙰𝚜𝚜𝚊𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙱𝚊𝚝𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚢
𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝙸𝙸: 𝙸𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙸𝚗𝚏𝚕𝚒𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝙷𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙴𝚖𝚘𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚊𝚕 𝙳𝚒𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚜
𝙲𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚝 𝙸𝙸𝙸: 𝙽𝚎𝚐𝚕𝚒𝚐𝚎𝚗𝚌𝚎

𝙸𝚅. 𝙳𝙰𝙼𝙰𝙶𝙴𝚂

𝙰𝚜 𝚊 𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚞𝚕𝚝 𝚘𝚏 𝚅𝚊𝚕𝚕𝚎𝚢'𝚜 𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗𝚜, 𝙷𝚢𝚛𝚞𝚕𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚑𝚊𝚜 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚗𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚞𝚎𝚜 𝚝𝚘 𝚜𝚞𝚏𝚏𝚎𝚛 𝚍𝚊𝚖𝚊𝚐𝚎𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚜𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚕𝚞𝚍𝚎, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚕𝚒𝚖𝚒𝚝𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘, 𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚖 𝚝𝚘 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚄𝚗𝚒𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚒𝚝𝚢'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚞𝚝𝚊𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗, 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚛𝚞𝚙𝚝𝚒𝚘𝚗 𝚘𝚏 𝚊𝚝𝚑𝚕𝚎𝚝𝚒𝚌 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚜, 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚌𝚘𝚜𝚝𝚜 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚍𝚞𝚎 𝚝𝚘 𝚒𝚗𝚌𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚎𝚍 𝚜𝚎𝚌𝚞𝚛𝚒𝚝𝚢 𝚖𝚎𝚊𝚜𝚞𝚛𝚎𝚜.

"What does this mean?" I ask into the room again, hoping either one of them will answer my question.

"It means that Hyrule University is suing Karusa," Impa explains.

"Why?" I say. "Because of the fight? I thought I threw the first punch, how can Karusa get sued for that?" I try to remember what happened that day but it's still a blur...

"Well as far as I understand," Zelda begins, "my father is trying to sue Karusa on behalf of the university. So even though you started the fight, Karusa's actions hurt the school." 

She brings up her phone and dials her dad's number. I'm glad she's trying to get to the bottom of this immediately and not run away from the problem. Maybe this is just a misunderstanding or something.

"Put him on speaker," Impa tells Zelda.  

I try to figure out if this whole lawsuit has to do with me and whether or not that's a good thing. Will I have to go to court and am I going to lose my visa?

Deep breaths. I calm myself. This case is against Karusa, not me.

"Father?" Zelda says and Impa mouths the word speaker to her while pointing at the screen. Zelda presses the speaker button and places the phone on the desk.

"Zelda," her dad says confused. "Is everything alright?"

"I'm not sure," she replies with her eyebrows pushed together.

"You are unsure?" her dad asks. "Are you injured?"

"No."

"Then what's the purpose of your phone call?"

"Er..."

"Just ask him," Impa whispers to Zelda, nudging her with her elbow.

"Well," Zelda straightens her back and lifts her chin. "I was wondering something... Are you suing Karusa?" Her question is followed by silence. A lot of silence. "Father?" She asks. "Are you there?"

"Yes," he answers, and it's not clear which question he's saying yes to.

"You are suing him?" Zelda asks surprised. I lean in to listen closely. "Why are you suing Karusa? Why now?"

"This is nothing recent," he tells her. "I have been in touch with my lawyers for a few months now." This still doesn't answer her question though. "Zelda," he sighs. "How did you attain this information?"

Busted...

But Zelda doesn't hesitate to tell him the truth. "I found the documents on your desk."

"You entered my office without permission?"

"Evidently," Zelda says with a frown.

"That is a penetration of my privacy," he says and Impa stops herself from laughing at the irony. "This will have consequences when I get back."

"I advise you to avoid speaking to me as though you hold the upper hand in this conversation," Zelda warns him. She is fierce and doesn't show an ounce of fear. She used to be scared of her dad's opinion and power, but now she's just impatient with him and that's kinda entertaining to watch. 

Her father takes a few seconds but then he quietly growls through the speaker. "Excuse me?" He doesn't sound angry necessarily... I can't really put my hand on it but he sounds a little disarmed.

"Why are you suing Karusa?" Zelda presses. "You made a promise to me. You said you weren't going to tell anyone..."

"I did not tell anyone about your sexual assault. I intend to keep you out of this entirely. This lawsuit is–"

Zelda quickly turns off the speaker and looks at Impa in shock, which makes me look at Impa too, who also looks a bit shocked. Nobody says anything besides Zelda's dad, but nobody's listening to him anymore.

Zelda looks like she wants to say something to Impa, and Impa looks like she's going to puke but swallows whatever it is that's sitting in her throat. 

Neither one of them says anything and if the mood wasn't so strange right now I'd probably point out that Dr. Hyrule is still talking to an empty audience and that one of us should probably pick up the phone to hear what he has to say.

"Sexual assault?" Impa asks Zelda with a mixture of disappointment, sadness, and resignation.

Now Zelda is the one who looks like she is going to puke, and instead of explaining what happened between her and Karusa, she chooses to leave the office as fast as she can.

Impa is speechless. She hits me with a demanding look as if I had the answers to her questions.

"Link?" she says with big eyes but I stay silent. It's not my place to talk about Zelda's assault, and when Impa realizes that I won't talk, she leaves the office to find Zelda.

I stay behind. It's best if I let them talk in private. I know Zelda has a hard time talking about the assault and who knows how Impa will react to it. Maybe it will be good to talk to a girl about it all.

The downside is, with Zelda and Impa gone, I'm left alone with Dr. Hyrule, who must have noticed by now that nobody has been listening to his rant. I walk to the desk and pick up the phone.

Zelda's POV

When Impa opens the heavy doors to the library, a hush falls over the grand space adorned with towering bookshelves, a frescoed vault ceiling, and ancient globes. I am sitting on the stairs by the window, the dust particles dancing through the sunlight that filters through stained glass.

"Zelda..." her voice is small, too small to compete against the door falling shut behind her, or the creaking wooden floor as she steps into the light.

My heart is heavy with uncertainty. Impa's eyes are sowed to me as she slowly approaches me, their intensity momentarily giving way to vulnerability. It's impossible to tell what emotions are hidden behind those fiery amber eyes. Is she angry? Disappointed? I sense a hint of sadness and confusion in her looks.

"Do you want me to leave you alone?" She asks in a bit of a defeated tone.

I shake my head in shame and allow her to take a seat next to me on the stairs.

After a moment of silence, she hesitantly asks, "Karusa Valley?" I can only manage to nod as I look the other way. "It happened during that soccer game last year, didn't it?"

I give her another nod and scour my mind for a proper response. But what is there to say, really?

"We were on a phone call because you got lost," Impa says, searching her own mind for the memories of that day. "You were talking to a guy... Ganon's friend... That was Karusa?"

"Yes... He recognized me from an earlier interaction and followed me into the tunnels..."

I can hear her mind racing as she puts the puzzle pieces together. "Is he one of the three baseball players that harassed you in the beginning of our first semester?"

"Yes... he kissed me on the neck," I admit, blocking out the memories. "He's also the one who stole my phone during the soccer game, which caused a fight between Father and I, and ultimately led to me moving into the frat house."

"Holy fuck," she says, more to herself than to me. "That was all him? Zelda... Why didn't you talk to me? I could've helped you! We could've told someone or–or I could have beat him up for you! You should've said something!"

"I was scared," I admit, my voice brittle. "And ashamed..."

"Ashamed?! The only one who should be ashamed is Karusa!"

"I don't think he is capable of such feelings," I say in the smallest whisper, thinking back to the night I confronted him on the bleachers. His empty eyes stared right through me. I tried but failed to find any remorse in them. "He kept saying I'm overreacting so at some point I started to believe it too."

"Overreacting how?"

"I felt like I was making a bigger deal out of it than it really was. It's not like he raped me... He just got a little touchy and pushy. I was really scared when it was happening, but looking back I wish I would have done more."

"Oh god, don't think like that."

"I was frozen," I say. "I couldn't move. His hands gripped me so hard that my skin got bruised. He even managed to leave a hickey despite my attempts to push him away. I felt so weak. At that moment, I didn't think I had it in me to stop him."

Impa's mouth hangs open and she's struggling to find a proper response.

"I'm really sorry I didn't tell you... I had to process it all myself and, for the longest time, I couldn't tell anyone, not even Link..."

"He doesn't know?"

"He does now. He found out eventually... I tried to keep it a secret in the beginning but I flinched every time he touched my neck and eventually I had to tell him that something had happened. But I didn't give him a name. It wasn't until the baseball game that he learned it was Karusa who had assaulted me. That's what started that awful fight..." My lip is caught in a quiver. I can hardly utter the words when I tell her, "It's all my fault!"

"Hey, no no no," she quickly seeks to soothe me with a hug. "You can't blame yourself for everything that happens in the world."

I wrap my arms around her tightly. I know she's right, but a heavy ball of guilt still sits in the pit of my stomach and I don't know how to get rid of it.

"Do you want to talk about what happened with Karusa?" She asks me and I take a second to think about it. Then I shrug and shake my head slightly.

"The first time I met him, he followed me on campus and cornered me. He tried to kiss me, and when he went for my neck, I slapped him. Karusa threatened to hit me with his bat when Link intervened. They got into a fight, although Karusa didn't really stand a chance against Link that day. Karusa was so angry, he promised to find me when there is no one to protect me."

"Pig..." Impa hisses.

"The second time, when he followed me into the tunnels of the Lorule soccer stadium, he pressed me against the wall and placed that hickey on my neck. I was frozen by fear until his hands went under my sweatshirt... His touch was cold and painful, and I finally fought back. A few seconds later you and Daruk showed up."

"God I hate him so much," she spits. "This shit happens to way too many girls..."

"Not just girls... Link has experienced some degree of sexual assault too."

"Yeah I bet..."

"Have you?" I ask shyly. "You don't have to tell me of course."

She loosens our hug to meet my eyes with earnesty. "Sometimes at parties," she says with a nod. "But Link and I are martial arts fighters... Not that I've ever had to use self defense on a guy before, usually they take the hint, but if I ever did have to protect myself, then I think I'd be able to."

"I wish I was like you. You're strong and fearless..."

"I'm not fearless," she says. "I'm just more experienced. I know how to fight and how to defend myself, and those are skills that you can pick up too. I can teach you if you want, and help you get stronger. Physically as well as mentally."

"I'm just glad you're not angry..."

"At you?"

"Yes... usually we tell each other everything. I don't want you to think I was hiding something from you. I just didn't know how to talk about it. And after Link had to go to the hospital because of Karusa and Ganon, I thought maybe it's better if no one knows. I could never forgive myself if something happened to you because of me."

"What happened to Link is not your fault, Zelda. It's Karusa's. And now he'll pay for what he did."

"So you're not angry?" I ask to be sure.

"I understand why you didn't tell me... I didn't tell you about some things either. Like when I lost my virginity... Or when I started seeing someone." Her eyes escape mine for a fleeting moment. "To be honest, I'm a little sad that you felt like you couldn't tell me but I also understand that it's hard to talk about that stuff. So I'm not angry. I just hope you know that I'd never judge you or anything. Okay? I'm always here for you."

"Same to you!" I say, full of gratitude. I give another big hug. "I really miss talking to you. I was afraid you would go on a manhunt and get hurt. Promise me you won't start a fight with any Boars."

"Uh... I have MMA competitions against that school," she says. 

"Any unofficial fights," I clarify. 

"Does Malice count as a Boar? She's technically not a Boar."

"She counts. In fact, don't get into any fights with anyone."

"Yeah yeah, whatever her Highness demands," she says with a roll of her eyes, and gives me a smile that comforts me more than anything else.

I slap her arm lightly but don't break our hug. Not yet. I've missed her way too much.

"Are you okay?" Impa asks, rubbing my back.

"I am," I say and I mean it. "It took a long time for me to heal but I'm okay now. What happened with Karusa no longer affects my relationship. Link and I have talked about everything and now I am able to show and receive affection without thinking about the assault."

"Oh," Impa nods curiously. "Does that mean you and Link did it?"

"What? No," I shake my head. "I'm just saying I don't feel as scared of intimacy anymore."

"So you haven't slept with him?"

"No, but..." Should I tell her? "It's not like we haven't done anything at all," I reveal as vaguely as I can.

"Spill the beans," she demands.

"We've seen each other naked," I giggle. "And cuddled like that all night."

"Um, okay?" she chuckles lightly. "Are you happy with that?"

"For now," I smile.

"Well that's great then. Japan was really good for you guys, huh?"

"It just made me realize that Link is more important to me than my insecurities and secrets."

"I'm proud of you for realizing that."

"Thanks," I ease off the hug, just enough to give her a genuine smile. Her smile is evergreen, erasing every worry that had burdened me since I left my father's office to seek comfort within the library. Just like I did when I was a child... I'd sit on these stairs or hide between the bookshelves to escape into fictional realms, where little girls still had loving, unsupportive families. Where the mother doesn't die, and the father doesn't yell or disappear for months. Where extraordinary feats are within reach and personal growth is accomplished with each page without ever falling back into old patterns.

Oh, how I wish life could be as simple. Yet, if I think about my own journey, I realize that even if granted the power to rewrite my past, I wouldn't trade it for anything. Growth may not happen as quickly, but over time I have learned that setbacks are part of life and that we grow despite the challenges, and that I do have loving parents. Urbosa may not be blood related, but she is a mother to me as much as Impa is a sister to me.

I suppose life can be like those in the worn pages of a book, we just have to accept that our chapters are longer and sometimes more painful, and that each and every one of us is as much the protagonist in their story as we are in ours, with their own sets of challenges, goals, and feelings. When we reach a point of happiness, we tend to think it will last forever. Like a happy ending. But there is no such thing in real life. Our happy phases are the golden threads that weave through the intricate tapestry of our ongoing journey, and I now recognize that each of my friends is one of those threads that keeps me moving forward.

I allow myself to get lost in the love and care that Impa's eyes hold for me. All this time I have been struggling to keep secrets when I should have just been open with the people I hold dearest. I was scared Impa would run rampant upon finding out about Karusa's assault, but she has not taken any irrational actions or made violent promises of vengeance yet. Instead, she is holding me in her arms, mirroring that smile of mine, and finding the same kind of love and care in my eyes.

Her eyes leave my gaze first as she lowers them slightly. Unintentionally, my eyes do the same. At the same time, the doors to the library swing open and Link steps inside holding my phone in one hand and the lawsuit in the other.

The lawsuit! The phone call! My mind was so focused on Impa that I nearly forgot about everything else.

"Hey, I talked to your dad," Link announces. "He explained to me that the school is suing Karusa for damages and a fair punishment. I asked him if I'm involved at all just to be clear and he said you and me have nothing to do with it."

"That's reassuring," I let out a sigh.

Link's eyes study Impa and me for a moment. "I'm sorry, were you guys still talking? I can come back."

"No need," I say and give Impa a smile that speaks for itself. "Everything has been addressed, and all is good."

"I'm glad," he says, then falls silent. He scratched the back of his head, stepping closer until his feet stop inches from the stairs. "Uh, Zelda..." I brace myself for whatever it is he is going to say next. "Your dad said that if you want to come forward with the sexual assault it could help our chances to win the case."

My mind refuses to believe the words I just heard. "Our chances?" I ask, mouth agape. "I thought you said we have nothing to do with it."

"Yeah but—"

"I do not want to come forward." I shake my head in disgruntlement. "I won't ever want to go public, and he knows that."

Link remains silent as she speaks to me. "Are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm 100% sure."

"You could get Karusa arrested," she says. "And prevent him from doing the same things with other girls." Her words make me ponder. I don't think I could ever go public with any of this, but perhaps it's the right thing to do. "Did anyone witness what Karusa did to you?"

"I saw the first assault," Link says without hesitation.

"And then broke his jaw on Hyrule's campus," I scoff. "I'm not getting you expelled a second time."

"Did anyone see the other assault?" Impa asks promptly. "Anyone who could testify?"

A sarcastic chuckle falls from my lips before I can stop myself. "Yes and no," I say. "Bellum and some Lorule girl he was dating at the time saw what happened and did nothing to stop Karusa."

"Bellum was there?" Link asks shocked.

"Yes, looking right at me while Karusa assaulted me. He just kept walking, so I really don't think he'd ever testify on my behalf. He's Malice's friend, keep in mind. To me, he is more Boar than Eagle." I get up and meet Link at the bottom of the stairs. "And even if one of you guys had witnessed it," I say, "I'm not ready to share that experience with the world. You have to respect that, please."

Link and Impa exchange a quick look, and while I'm sure they'd love to change my mind, I'm glad to see that both of them respect my choice.

"Okay," Link says.

"We understand," Impa adds.

My mind may change one day, but for now, Father will have to fight that battle on his own. I have just now managed to move on and work on my personal growth and relationships. I am not ready to risk losing it all by returning to a battle of the past... 

Not yet. 

----

Hi guys! Hope your week went well :) I wanted to provide some recourses for those of you who are currently grappling with issues related to sexual assault, domestic abuse, bullying, depression, or other situation where you feel like you might want to talk to someone, here are a few links you could try out. 

Please remember that there is support available, and you are not alone in your journey. We also have a discord server with a channel specifically designed to talk about anything you're dealing with and receive support from our caring mods and other members of the Nebulace community. I will add the link in the comment section → https://discord.com/invite/6x7nrrRQYf

Here are some resources where you can call / chat / read about:

www.rainn.org
• Chat/call live
• Sexual assault and harassment 
• Male sexual assault survivors
• Domestic / Dating violence
• Other crimes
• Read about other survivors' stories

thehotline.org
• Chat/call live
• Local recourses
• Identity abuse
• Safety plans and health insurance
• Support others

7cups.com
• Chat/call live
• LGBTQ support (Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transexual, transgender, pansexual, gender neutral, queer, asexual, etc.)
• Volunteer as a listener

wannatalkaboutit.com
More recourses for:
• Mental health
• Suicide
• LGBTQ
• Losing a loved one

If there are any specific recourses you are looking for that you couldn't find here, let me know and I can try to find more websites and organizations for you guys ❤️‍🩹 Stay safe, stay positive, keep going.
xx Ace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.3K 190 18
UA students, their parents, pro heroes and previous OFA users watch superhero media. (Starting over since the first one get deleted out of nowhere)
12.9K 478 19
. Chifuyu Matsuno, a middle schooler who had met a mysterious person, Baji Keisuke. He had liked baji ever since he had protected him but, it all wen...
10.5K 353 14
It all started when they moved into the dorms. A friendly game of truth or dare gets complicated, and things take a turn for better or worse. What ha...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...