The Switch

Od SammyDBunce

Emory John, Evelyn Jacobs, and Erin Jones were all switched at birth. it had been a long night and their name... Více

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
chapter 10
Chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
chapter 23
Chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
sequel

Chapter 7

5 0 0
Od SammyDBunce

Emory

The last couple days have been easier, turns out when I stopped fighting them in everything, I was able to see that it wasn't so bad here. Not saying that I prefer living here, but things definitely could have been worse. The Jacobs aren't bad people and I had been acting like they were. Yes I was still mad about the custody thing, but I've started to see other aspects of who they are. Throughout this week I've learned a lot more about them, Jessica does a lot of volunteer work at the community building, and Anthony is an EMT. Apparently he'll normally work three, twelve hours shifts a week a day off after each and then switch to a four day week the following week. Apparently this last week though he had used vacation time to help me "adjust" to my new living circumstances.

Just from their resumes alone I can see why the judge on paper felt they would be good parents. Which for some reason, that thought bugged me even more, but I couldn't pin point why.  Regardless I was going to try and let it go, I wanted to try and get along better and if I let this small thing irritate me, then that wouldn't happen.

School had been fine, I've hung out with Cody and his friends more, but Cassidy has continued to follow me around and taunt me. I'm not quite sure what I did to make her hate me, but for some reason she does. Aria and I are still getting along pretty well, or at least we were up until today. I don't even know what happened. It started when we got dropped off this morning. We had both gotten out of the car together, then her friend ran up to her, and stopped immediately when she saw me.

"Oh hi, I'm Bentley," the girls said awkwardly.

I gave her a polite smile and introduced my self, and right up until now Aria had been smiling too. "Emory or, EJ, eithers fine."

That was when her smile dropped and she dragged Bentley away saying they had to go, her friend looking just as confused as I was.
Then after school had ended that day, I had just managed to shake Cassidy off and get to the car when Aria snapped at me. Jessica wasn't in the car, because she had taken Georgie in to use the restroom real quick so it was just me and her. "Why were you talking to her?"

"Who, Cassidy?" I was confused because I wouldn't really say I was talking to her, more like fleeing like someone would from a fire.

"Just don't talk to her again okay!" She practically growled the words.

"Um okay, I'll try not too," I was about to ask more but that's when Jessica and Georgie came back.

"Alright, let's get home." She said before starting the car. Aria and I not saying a word to each other. I think we were in some kind of fight, but I wasn't sure what fight. When we got home, I was planning to do homework in our room, and I had gotten there first but an hour after she had been downstairs, she came stomping up, and lost it.

"Get out!" She screamed, and I looked up startled from the math homework I was doing.

"What?"

"Get out of my room now!" She demanded again.

"Why, I'm just-" she cut me off.

"I said get out!" She yelled again and started grabbing my things and tossing them into the hall.

"Stop that!" I yelled back trying to pick my school things and clothes off the hallway floor. I guess she decided she got enough of my things out though, because she then slammed the door and locked it while I was in the hall.

It was around then that Jessica appeared at the top of the stairs. Equally matching looks of confusion shared on our faces. "What happened?"

I shrug picking up my homework she crumpled when tossing out of he room. "Not really sure, I think I did something, but I have no idea what." My heart was pounding and I felt like I wanted to cry, but I was trying so hard not too. I couldn't figure out why though.

"Oh, sweetheart, I don't think you did anything." I look up, a slight layer of tears coating my eyes. "I'm pretty sure she's mad at us and is taking it out on you."

This only confused me more, "but why?" She shrugs as she helps me pick up my things.

"Not really sure on that part either, but don't worry, I'll take care of it. For now though, why don't you go do your homework down stairs while I talk to her." She hands me the last of my things and I nod while standing up.

"Okay, yeah." As I'm walking down stairs I can hear her knocking on the door, and a small part of my Brain whispers to stay and listen in. However, I did have a lot of homework to do and this didn't seem like something I should ease drop on.

Aria

Ever since Emory apologized, things around the house haven't been as hectic. I no longer felt like at any minute, I could be walking through a war zone, and I was actually enjoying it. On Friday morning though, we had just gotten out of the car at school, when Bentley came running up to greet me, sometimes she reminded me of a clingy dog, because she excitedly ran to hug me every time she sees me for the first time.  After hugging me she turns to Emory, who she hadn't met yet, "oh hi, I'm Bentley."

Emory politely smiled back at her, introducing herself as well. "Emory, or EJ is fine." Instantly my smile drops and Bentley gets that confused look on her face as I know she's about to ask a question, that I don't want her asking.

"Uh, we have to go," I quickly drag Bentley away, who looks at me still confused.

"What was that about?" She stops in the hallway.

"I didn't want you telling her." I cross my arms.

"What, that she has the same nickname as your sister?" She looks Honestly confused as to why I wouldn't want her to know.

I start to walk away, "I don't want to talk about it okay." It made since that they would have the same nickname, they have the exact same initials, it was most likely one of the reasons they were switched in the first place.

She sighs, "I'm sorry, but if you don't like the idea of people calling her that, your gonna have to explain why, otherwise she won't know."

I stop again, "what am I supposed to do, be like "hey this name you've probably gone by your entire life, you can't go by anymore, sorry" like that's gonna work." I snap and then instantly regret it when I see the hurt look on her face. Once again she reminds me of a dog, as she frowns and starts to walk away.

"Wait, Bentley, I'm sorry." I tell her trying to catch back up.

She shrugs, still frowning, "it's okay, I should get to class though, I'll see you tonight at our sleep over though, right?" The mention of the sleepover has her smiling again.

I nod, "yes, definitely." I tell her, realizing I forgot to confirm it with my parents. It's every year though, so it's not like it should be a surprise to them.

Later that day, I was leaning against the car, waiting for everyone to show up so we could go home. mom had taken Georgie to the bathroom and Emory hadn't arrived yet. That's when I spotted her and Cassidy standing next to each other. Instantly I remembered this morning and got mad all over again. So when Emory got to the car, I questioned her about it. "Why were you talking to her?"

"Who, Cassidy?" She looks confused, but there's no way she doesn't know. This has to be one of her new tactics to messing with my parents.

"Just don't talk to her again, okay!' I snap, and she looks confused, but there's no way she doesn't know what she's doing.

"Um okay, I'll try not too." She says quickly and I was about to call her out on the fact that she's intentionally trying to take Evelyns place, but then my mother returned with Georgie. The entire ride home all I could think about was, what was she going to try next. First the nick name thing, and then she was talking to Evelyn's best friend. What was next, what else would she take from Evelyn.

When we got home she went up stairs to do homework and I went to talk to Mom, just to remind her about my sleepover and to give myself some time away from Emory. "Hey mom," I start as she's preparing a snack for Georgie.

"Yeah honey?" She looks up from the small glass of milk she was pouring.

"I just wanted to make sure that you remembered my sleep over this weekend, at Bentley's?" I help Georgie up on the stool as I remind  her.

Setting the milk carton down she looks at me confused, but with a slight sternness that instantly sends up red flags. "I don't remember you asking us about a sleep over."

"What, why do I have to ask, I do it every year on the first week that school starts." I tell her, not sure why this year is any different.

"You also always ask at least a week or two in advance, not the night of." She says as she turns to put away the milk.

"So are you saying no I can't go just because I didn't ask a week ago, for something that happens every year?!" I can't believe this right now.

"We're going up to your aunt and uncle's this weekend, they're having a bonfire at their lake cabin and we thought it would be a good way to introduce Emory to the rest of the family." She turns back around, both hands on the counter as she watches me.

"Okay, so then you guys go to the cabin and I'll go to Bentley's." I tell her, not seeing the problem.

She raises her eyebrows, "okay first of all you need to drop the attitude, and second, we're going as a family Which means your going too."

"That's not fair, my sleep over happens every year and you knew this before agreeing to go to the cabin this weekend, you did this on purpose." I argue, knowing that sounds completely bogus but I was mad.

She doesn't look angry yet, so that was a good sign. "And what exactly would that purpose be?"

I stare at her for a moment, not able to back up my claim. "Urgh, just why can't I go?"

"I've already told you, you waited till last minute and now your father and I have already made plans. I'm sorry, but you have to deal with that now." She says, seemingly calm still, but she has a look to her again that says if I push it, then she won't be.

Deciding not to pointlessly argue, instead I let out a huff and stomp out of the room. I know I probably looked like Georgie when he throws one of his tantrums, but I couldn't help it. As I marched up the stairs all I thought about was how this was Emory's fault. If she wasn't here then we wouldn't be taking her to meet everyone, and I'd be allowed to go to my sleep over. When I walked in I saw her sitting on her side of the room, the side that should be mine but I had to give up for her. It only made me even more mad and I lost it.

"Get out!" I wanted her out of my site, out of  my room and out of my life.

"What?" She looks up startled and confused.

"Get out of my room now!" I yell again, and because she didn't seem to get it I started to grab her things.

"Why I'm just-"

"I said Get out!" Throwing her clothes in the hall, I grab her back pack and the homework she was doing and throw them out as well.

"Stop that!" She yells back going to pick her stuff back up. As she's on her knees gathering her school stuff, I slam the bedroom door shut and lock it.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

884 71 25
Hazel reached. She went inside and saw mom on floor crying hard and then a stretcher came out covEring small body of height same as Eri. Everything s...
550 13 6
Cody has another sister his age named Erin. She doesn't know she is adopted and her biological mother is Madeline Pynch and Priscilla is her older si...
934 45 46
Hope Flynn used to love water. She never realized the power of water, or the strength of it until the accident. Now Hope knows just how dangerous wat...
2.2K 489 37
Carolina York. Mikayla Lionoff. Lucy Maine. Vanessa Gray. Katherine Vicar. Molly Nichols. Alana May Criston. 7 people. All very different. All exact...