my heart can never trust again

By leratotellsstories

Love shouldn't hurt, right? Then why does it hurt and confuse Mapula? Will she ever find a man to love her th... More

chapter 1
chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
chapter 7
chapter 8
chapter 9
chapter 10
chapter 11
chapter 12
chapter 13
chapter 14
chapter 15
chapter 16
chapter 17
chapter 18
chapter 20
chapter 21
chapter 22
chapter 23
chapter 24
chapter 25
chapter 26
chapter 27
chapter 28
chapter 29
chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32
chapter 33
chapter 34
chapter 35
chapter 36
chapter 37
chapter 38
chapter 39
chapter 40
chapter 41
chapter 42
chapter 43
chapter 44
chapter 45
chapter 46
chapter 47
thank you!

chapter 19

161 5 3
By leratotellsstories

I wake up the next day and bath, lotion my body and get dressed. I drive to Nkosana's house and the guards let me in.

I walk in and find a girl wearing his hoodie. It gets worse, it's his ex.

Her: oh hey, auntie.

Auntie?!

Her: you are very late and I think you're getting way too comfortable in my house hey. why aren't you wearing your uniform?

I roll my eyes and attempt to walk away before miss girl opens her mouth.

Her: oh, did he tell you that he proposed? yes, he proposed a few days ago and I said yes.

I look back and see her holding up her hand with the ring on her one finger. Nkosana walks in and looks at me. His jaw drops

Me: pick up your jaw, it's on the floor.
Nkosi: I can explain...
Me: you don't have to, I'm just the help in this house. besides, your wife to be has already told me everything.

I walk out and get in my car. I drive off to my apartment. This man is such a liar. An hour later, I can hear him ring my intercom.

Nkosi: Mapula.
Me: what?! what do you want?!
Nkosi: please let me in.
Me: go away!
Nkosi: baby...
Me: Nkosi, you have a fiancè. go back to her!

And he does as asked of him. I walk back to my room and change into black tights and an oversized black hoodie.

I can't believe I lost Bayanda. I can't afford to lose him, I love him.

I wear some socks and some sneakers. I request a ride to his house. The guards don't let me in and the rain starts pouring. I call him and he picks up.

Baya: go home, mapula.
Me: I'm not leaving without talking to you.
Baya: please leave...
Me: no.
Baya: mapula.
Me: I am not leaving until you hear me out, please.

He ends the call but doesn't open the gate for me. I just stand there in the rain, freezing.

After a few minutes, the gate opens and he comes out holding an umbrella.

Baya: come in.

We go in together. He runs me a bath and I take a long hot bath.

After my bath, I lotion my body using his products. I wrap a towel around my body and find one of his warm pajamas on the bed.

I wear them. They are so huge that I have to fold them a lot but they are still big.

I look for him everywhere but can't find him. I call his phone but he doesn't pick up. I guess he really doesn't want me around.

I will just wait for him. So I go to the living room and watch a movie.

I'm woken up by Bayanda picking me up, hours later. I fell asleep while waiting for him.

Baya: go back to sleep.

I shake my head and the tears just let themselves out. I lay my head on his shoulders as he walks to his room with me in his arms.

We finally get to his room and he tucks me in and takes a seat next to me. He attempts to get up and I hold his hand.

Baya: I just want to take a shower.

I nod and let go of him. He goes out and takes a shower. I'm feeling very sleepy so I just doze off.

I'm woken up by him pulling my closer to him. He turns me around, cuddles me and gives me kisses on my forehead.

Baya: I forgive you.
Me: thank you.
Baya: I'm not done, you got accepted at UCT so we're moving to Cape Town. I got a transfer, we're ready to go. I will just have to work there until they are done building my surgery.
Me: okay.

It seems like he has already made up his mind.

Me: where did you go?
Baya: when?
Me: when you left me by myself in your huge house.

He chuckles and looks at me.

Baya: I just wanted to clear my head. I went for a few drinks.

I nod again and we just cuddle.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

62.5K 1.7K 75
[STORY NOT EDITED] She was in love with him because he was her home when she needed to hide from the storm, he was her sun in rainy days, he was her...
11.6K 323 21
Latoya hasn't been the best when it comes to finding the right guy. They always treat like shit. Their always cheating and playing with her heart. La...
17.2K 955 31
What will you do when something which is your is not yours anymore? One forgotten promise.. One who remember. One who forget. Heart Break. Betrayal. ...
2.1K 858 62
no name was mentioned but you thought of someone, didn't you? ...i definitely did. i think i always will.