JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

EIGHTY NINE

1.4K 92 10
By saffyxoxox

January, 86

Sirius was dragged shouting out of his cell.

"Nice chats," he shouted as he was removed.

Juliet sighed, feeling a little more lonely than she usually felt. 

On New Year's Day 1986 Juliet allowed herself to think about James and Lily for the first time, and for the first time in her whole five years, she cried. She sobbed for an entire day, thinking about first the Potter's, then her friends, then Regulus, and finally, Remus. Her mind block had not allowed her to realise how alone he would be. His friends were all dead. She didn't know if he would be the same wizard anymore, and she didn't really want to know.

Remus Lupin sat on his doorstep at midnight on New Year's Day. Anne had taken him to a village party, and he'd made ridiculous small talk with muggles, but she had been a little too close to him, and he knew the muggle traditions of New Year's, so he had left at half-eleven, making sure she wasn't following him. New Year's only reminded him of Juliet, he couldn't be with another woman, not then.

He knew the muggle girl liked him, she pestered him constantly about doing things, about why he never phoned her, with questions about Juliet, and he felt awful. He was presenting a lie to her, but soon, soon he'd leave, and maybe take all her memories of him as well.

1986 meant it was the final full year of her sentence, it had been five years since he had seen her, or indeed Sirius. Time was flying but at the same time it felt like it just stood still. His life was repetitive, he worried about money, he debated going to Gringotts, he practiced magic occasionally to ensure he could still do it. And he thought. His mind was full, constantly. 

April, '86

Dumbledore had written to him, once again offering a job and he had considered it more seriously than he did five years ago. He sat on a wall in the village with Anne, smoking a cigarette as she fed her horses.

"Been offered a job," he said to her.

"Oh?" She asked, "Do you not have one now?"

He laughed, "no, been living off savings."

"Where's this job?"

"Scotland," he sighed. 'My old school. Teaching."

"I see," she smiled. "Are you going to?"

"I'm not sure."

"What's stopping you?"

"I'm not sure. A lot of memories there. Would be weird going back."

"Did you know Juliet there?"

Remus grinned in spite of himself, "yeah, I did."

Anne grimaced a little, he always smiled whenever he heard her name.

"Was she Scottish?"

"What?" He laughed, "oh- no. It was a boarding school."

"Oh, didn't take you as a fancy man, Remus."

"Ah, there's a lot you don't know about me, Anne."

"Was she in your year?"

"Below me," he said. "Got moved up a year in pot- er- philosophy. That's how we got close, I suppose."

"Smart girl."

"Yeah, very."

"What does she do now?"

"I'm not sure, I haven't spoken to her for five years."

"Jesus, and you're still thinking about her."

"Yeah," he laughed. "Sounds pathetic when you say that."

"Are you ever going to see her again?"

"I doubt it. I'll die thinking about her," he laughed again.

Anne smiled at him sadly and nodded, "I'd miss you, if you moved to Scotland."

Remus looked down at her and took a drag of his cigarette, "don't think I will be, for now, at least."

November, '86

For the first time, Juliet felt immensely excited on 1st November 1986, it was one year left for her. She had done five years, and did not have the same mental anguish which most would have to show for it. She pondered on giving up with magic once she was out, she had always thought it would be peaceful to live as a muggle. But she was powerful, even now she felt magic within her. She was excited to see the world, it would be different. She had grown up in fear, everyone had. It was always known that there would eventually be a war. She found out the Dark Lord was dead at the same time she found out about Sirius. There were whisperings around the prison that he wasn't truly dead, she felt that was crazed death eater mutters, desperate to have something to cling onto.

Remus Lupin woke up in the Burrow the morning after Halloween, Molly had visited James and Lily's grave with him, she had brought an extravagant bouquet and left it there, and she had wandered around Godric's Hollow, as Remus sat with his back against the headstone, as he always did, thinking about the best years of his life. Afterwards, he'd had dinner with Molly and Arthur and stayed with them, waking up to the sound of Ginny and Ron screaming at each other, and Molly shouting at both of them.

"Plans today?" She asked Remus.

He sighed, "I'm gonna go to Diagon Alley, get some money out, stock up on some books."

Molly nodded and smiled, she knew how hard anything magical was for the man.

"Well done," she whispered, as she hugged him goodbye.

Diagon Alley was quiet, the same shops still occupied it, and it still, after all these years, felt like home. He felt overwhelmed, but in a good way, suddenly partially regretting separating himself so much from this world. From his world.

He entered Gringotts and got money with his ease that he felt ridiculous for even worrying about it. He brought some chocolate, and sat outside Zonko's Joke Shop, wondering if the passage was still there as he smiled and reminisced. As he stood up to leave, a small boy with white blonde hair plodded out of the shop, a woman was following him, smiling at her child. Remus looked up and met Narcissa Malfoy's eye. She was as beautiful as she always had been, but healthier now. The witch's mouth fell open a little and she looked at him sadly. 

"Hello, Remus," she whispered, gripping onto her son's hand. 

"The imperius curse?" Was all he said.

Narcissa swallowed and looked at him, before reaching into her bag and handing him a bottle.

"For your scars," she said. 

"Juliet used to heal them," he muttered.

"It'll help."

The boy was tugging at his mother's sleeve and she looked down and said, "Draco, patience."

"Bye, Narcissa," Remus said, hurrying off and leaving the witch with tears in her eyes and thoughts of Juliet Romilly that she hadn't had in years.

When he got back to his house he took a walk, feeling utterly shaken at the sight of Narcissa Malfoy. She seemed to be equally as shaken as he was. It felt as if the barriers he had spent building had come crashing down in a matter of seconds. Diagon Alley had gone from reminding him of friends to just Juliet.

Anne found him sat under a tree, she sat next to him, "where have you been for the last few days?"

"London," he replied. "Staying with friends, had some stuff to sort out."

"Was it nice?"

"Yeah," he muttered.

"You don't seem very happy."

He sighed at her, "just saw someone I used to know, was unexpected."

"Juliet?"

He rolled his eyes, hating how there were always questions about her.

"No, a friend of hers."

"Have you thought anymore about Scotland?" She asked, noticing his annoyed tone.

"Nah."

"I could come," she smiled. "So you're not alone."

He stifled a laugh.

"I could work at your school."

He smiled at her, "yeah, maybe Anne."

April, '87

To her surprise, Albus Dumbledore visited Juliet in Azkaban six months before her release. She was convinced she had finally lost her mind when she saw him stood in front of her.

"Miss Romilly," he smiled.

"Dumbledore-"

He waved his wand and conjured two seats, she bit her tongue as she sat down.

"The ministry want me to tell you, as your release approaches, that you have been permitted a name change, should you want it. They also wish for me to tell you that, should you want it, your wand will be returned to you."

"I do want my wand," she nodded. "I considered er- well- no magic for a while. But no, I want it."

He nodded at her.

"Do you think I ought to change my name?"

Albus nodded at her, "should you wish to get a job, yes, I do."

Juliet sighed. 

"Arquette, my mother's maiden name?"

He shook his head, "also very closely linked to Tom Riddle, I am afraid."

"Blair? Her sister's name."

The man nodded, "that works. I'll update the ministry. Narcissa Malfoy wrote to me some months ago-"

Juliet breathed a sigh of relief, "I thought she would have been arrested."

"No, Miss Malfoy lives happily at home with her husband and son."

Juliet's stomach dropped, suddenly feeling the six years that she had served felt more unjust than they ever had.

"Miss Malfoy has offered you a house, it will be secret from her husband, and you will not see her. She just expressed her wish to help you once you were free. I believe this has been agreed with Andromeda, and it is her house."

"Andromeda will let me stay there?"

"Not everyone believed Mr Jones, Miss Romilly. Hence why you are serving for being a death eater, not for murder. Andromeda Tonks is more than willing to help you, as is Narcissa Malfoy."

"Where is the house?"

"Cornwall, if you know it?"

Her heart fluttered a little as she thought of Marlene's, and the beach parties they had with the marauders. 

"That would be nice," she sighed.

Dumbledore pondered his next words, "In 1990, my astronomy professor plans to retire, if you want it, the position can be yours."

Juliet stared at him in shock, "professor-"

"You excelled at most subjects, if I remember correctly?"

"I did but-"

"Then once you're settled, in a couple of years, come to Hogwarts, meet some students, sit in on some astronomy classes." He leant forwards a little, "you haven't deserved these last few years, and help will always be given at Hogwarts."

"Parents, would they-"

"You would be known as Professor Blair, parents aren't going to see you, only hear your name. Some teachers may know you, of course, but we already have Severus, and they-"

"Snape is a teacher?" She spat.

"Severus turned a spy for us."

"Right."

"The offer is there, Miss Blair."

"Thank you, professor," she said, shaking his hand as he stood up.

"I'm impressed with how well you have taken all of this, Juliet."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

925K 31.1K 63
"if i mean anything to you i'm sorry, but i've made up my mind." โœงmarauders era auโœง โœงuploaded 12/02/17โœง โœงcompleted 02/06/17โœง best ranking: #3 in fan...
27.3K 870 27
"He hates her." "No he doesn't, not really. She just makes him feel things that he's claimed don't exist." ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก๏ฝก๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝฅ๏พŸ๏พŸ๏ฝฅ๏ฝก When Slughorn puts Callist...
30.9K 978 41
"๐‘๐‡๐ˆ๐€๐๐๐Ž๐ ๐‘๐ˆ๐๐†๐’ ๐‹๐ˆ๐Š๐„ ๐€ ๐๐„๐‹๐‹ ๐ˆ๐ ๐“๐‡๐„ ๐๐ˆ๐†๐‡๐“, ๐€๐๐ƒ ๐–๐Ž๐”๐‹๐ƒ๐'๐“ ๐˜๐Ž๐” ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐“๐Ž ๐‹๐Ž๐•๐„ ๐‡๐„๐‘?" rhiannon was...
998K 25.1K 58
Sirius Black has had his fair share of women in his life, but there was something about her that drove him mad. Maybe it was the similarities in thei...