The rise of the strongest wom...

By popo9074

Our beloved protagonist was a force of unparalleled might, a being whose power eclipsed all others that had e... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
chapter 3
chapter 4
chapter 5
chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
13
14
15
16
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51

17

304 22 0
By popo9074

Chapter 17

"My name is Mana Asami," she stated, her voice filled with a mix of determination and a hint of something darker. Before any further questions could escape Evangeline's lips, Mana abruptly vanished, leaving Evangeline in a dazed state until Seiko approached her.

"Evangeline, what's the matter? You've been standing here for at least twenty minutes, lost in thought," Seiko inquired, his concern evident.

"It's nothing, Seiko. Let's return to the castle before anyone notices our absence," Evangeline replied, her mind still reeling from the encounter.

"Are you certain you're alright?" Seiko hopped onto Evangeline's head, his eyes fixed on her with worry.

"Yes, I'm fine. Don't worry, let's head inside. It's growing cold out here," Evangeline reassured him, her hand gently caressing his head.

"Alright, but remember, I'm your best friend. If something is truly amiss, don't hesitate to confide in me," Seiko reminded her, their bond evident in his words.

With Seiko by her side, they discreetly made their way back to the castle, slipping through unnoticed. Evangeline found herself sinking onto her bed, her mind consumed by the events of the exhausting day.

"What an extraordinary day it has been, hasn't it, Seiko?" Evangeline mused, her voice laced with a mix of awe and uncertainty.

Seiko's response held a teasing tone. "Indeed, remarkable. Now we all know you're a pervert, especially after you took the liberty of touching her breasts."

Evangeline's face turned crimson, embarrassment flooding her features. "It was an accident. I hope she doesn't think poorly of me."

Seiko chuckled, enjoying her flustered state. "I doubt she'll want anything to do with you after that, my friend."

Evangeline sighed, her mind drifting to the possibility of encountering the mysterious elf girl again. "Nevertheless, I hope our paths cross once more. There's something about her that reminds me of someone from long ago."

A smile tugged at Evangeline's lips as she reflected on her thoughts. Glancing to her side, she noticed Seiko had drifted off to sleep. With a contented sigh, she decided it was time to let herself succumb to slumber as well.

In another realm, Mana Asami, an elf girl with blond hair, emerald eyes, and a figure to be admired, sat alone in her room at the Sunlight School's female dormitory. A troubled expression etched her features, hinting at a deeper turmoil.

"This girl, Evangeline... I will make her pay. How dare she treat me this way? Thankfully, fate has brought us together in this school, and soon enough, my revenge will be complete. She will know suffering like no other," Mana whispered to herself, a sinister grin playing on her lips.

"Something feels peculiar about her. From the moment our eyes met, I sensed a connection—a strange familiarity as if our souls were entwined. It's unnerving, and I can't shake this feeling that my heart is on the verge of explosion," Mana contemplated, her thoughts consumed by the enigmatic encounter.

"For now, I remain uncertain of the cause, but perhaps it is tied to the recurring dreams that have plagued me recently," Mana pondered further, her gaze fixated on a distant memory.

Returning to Evangeline's perspective, she once again found herself in the encompassing darkness, a void that swallowed her whole. However, this time, the darkness swiftly dissipated, revealing a familiar wooden hut—a place she once called home in a previous life. Instinctively, she turned around, her heart racing.

And there she stood, Mana—blond hair cascading down, eyes sparkling green, and adorned in a pristine white dress. The sight of her filled Evangeline with an overwhelming sense of comfort and longing.

"Evangeline, you're awake already. Let's have breakfast together," Mana said, her voice filled with warmth as she wrapped her arms around Evangeline in a tender embrace.

"Yes, let's," Evangeline responded, tears welling up in her eyes.

"Why do you cry? I much prefer to see you smile," Mana gently wiped away Evangeline's tears before leaning in for a soft kiss on her cheek. Holding hands, they made their way to the table, adorned with a delightful breakfast spread prepared by Mana.

"This looks incredible! Did you make all of this?" Evangeline exclaimed, her excitement shining through as they sat down to eat.

"Of course, it's all for you, Evangeline. Only the best," Mana replied, her own smile radiant.

Evangeline couldn't help but smile in return, relishing in the moment. However, the serene atmosphere suddenly shifted, and the darkness once again consumed them, pulling them apart.

"Not again... for once, it wasn't a nightmare," Evangeline lamented, her voice filled with resignation.

Mana's voice resonated from within the darkness, a comforting presence. "Don't worry, Evangeline. I'm here for you."

Evangeline turned, her eyes meeting Mana's once more, their gazes locking in an unspoken understanding. "I thought you had vanished, Mana. What are you doing here?"

Without words, Mana stepped closer, her lips meeting Evangeline's in a kiss. Surprised, Evangeline instinctively pushed her away, her face flushing with embarrassment.

"What's the matter, Evangeline? Why are you rejecting me? I thought you loved me," Mana's voice carried a hint of sadness.

"Leave me be! You're not Mana," Evangeline shouted, her voice laced with confusion and frustration.

Mana laughed, her tone turning sinister. She locked eyes with Evangeline, a malevolent smile curving her lips. "You're right, Evangeline. I am Mana, the girl you love. Remember, I died because of you. You, the once hailed as the strongest mage in the world, couldn't even protect me from the demons. Now, it's my turn to end you."

Evangeline's eyes widened in disbelief, her mind swirling with conflicting emotions. "That's not true! Mana would never say such things."

"What??" Evangeline exclaimed, her voice filled with shock and disbelief as she felt an excruciating pain pierce her heart. Blood began to flow, staining her clothes, and she clutched her chest in agony.

"Now die, Evangeline. I never want to see you again," a cold voice echoed in her ears.

In an instant, Evangeline's eyes snapped open, her body drenched in cold sweat. She frantically looked around, finding herself back in her room. Trembling, she reached for her chest, expecting to feel a wound, but to her relief, there was nothing there.

"Thank God, it was just a dream," she whispered, her voice still trembling with the remnants of fear.

"Evangeline, you had another nightmare. Are you okay?" Seiko asked, his voice laced with concern.

Evangeline took a deep breath, trying to steady herself. "Yes, everything is fine. It was just a little nightmare, nothing at all."

"Don't lie to me, Evangeline. Remember, I can feel your emotions. If you're having more and more nightmares, I think we should talk to your parents," Seiko insisted, his eyes filled with genuine worry.

Evangeline sighed, realizing she couldn't keep everything to herself. "You're right, Seiko. I promise that if it doesn't get better, we'll go see my parents."

"Okay, but remember, you can trust me. Don't carry all these negative things alone," Seiko reassured her, his presence providing a sense of comfort.

"You really are the best, Seiko," Evangeline said, her hand gently patting his head.

Determined to shake off the lingering unease, Evangeline proceeded with her morning routine. She took a refreshing shower, meticulously brushed her teeth, and adorned her uniform and mask. Seiko hopped onto her head, his usual place, and together, they made their way to the dining room.

However, Evangeline noticed that her two mothers, who would typically join her for breakfast, were absent. Instead, she found Julie, the maid, attending to the morning preparations.

"Julie, where are my mothers? They're usually always here to have breakfast with me," Evangeline inquired, her voice tinged with curiosity.

"They are quite busy today, Evangeline. Just eat quickly and head off to school," Julie responded, her voice gentle but hinting at an underlying urgency.

Evangeline nodded, a sense of longing for her mothers lingering within her. She and Seiko hastily ate their breakfast and boarded a carriage that would take them to school. After a short journey, they arrived, disembarking to find Megumi running toward them.

"Evangeline, everything is fine! Misaki didn't harm you, I see. Are you hurt anywhere?" Megumi asked, her voice filled with genuine concern.

"No, Megumi, I'm fine. She just took the money I had saved from my missions and suspended my pocket money for a month," Evangeline replied, her tone reflecting a mix of annoyance and resignation.

Megumi's eyes widened, her hands instinctively reaching out to touch different parts of Evangeline's body, as if checking for hidden injuries. "Stop it, Megumi. I assure you, I'm completely fine. She didn't physically harm me."

"I see. Your mother is still as strict as ever. You don't have much luck, do you? And what about you, Seiko? Are you alright?" Megumi asked, turning her attention to the little creature perched on Evangeline's head.

"As usual, except I won't be able to eat what I want," Seiko responded, his eyes welling up with tears.

Megumi tried to suppress a giggle, but her amusement still seeped through. "It's alright, Seiko. I'm sure things will improve soon. Let's head to class now. I think Izumi has something to tell us."

Following Megumi's lead, Evangeline and Seiko hurriedly made their way to the classroom. They entered, finding themselves among the last to arrive. They settled into empty seats, and soon, Izumi, their teacher, walked into the room.

Izumi greeted the students with a warm smile. "Dear students, I'm glad to see all of you today. I wanted to congratulate you on your efforts in yesterday's exercise, despite the less than ideal outcome."

Embarrassment washed over more than half of the class, their gazes cast downward.

One student spoke up, their voice tinged with defensiveness. "You're wrong, teacher. We all fainted during the attack. We couldn't do anything against them."

Izumi's smile remained, but her eyes held a glimmer of pride. "You are mistaken, dear students. Evangeline, Megumi, and Seiko did not faint. They managed to defeat both teachers."

The news reverberated through the class, leaving them stunned and amazed.

"Enough about that for now," Izumi continued, redirecting the focus. "Today, you will be assigned group missions with students from different classes. Let's move to the schoolyard promptly."

The entire class filed out of the room, gathering in the schoolyard, where students from various classes had already assembled. The anticipation and excitement hung in the air.

The principal, a figure of authority, addressed the students. "Now that all the classes are here, we can begin assigning groups. Each group will consist of five members, and you will not be allowed to change groups. Your assigned group will remain the same until you graduate, and even for tournaments, you'll stay with your designated teammates."

Evangeline braced herself for the inevitable outcry of protests and complaints that often accompanied group assignments.

"Please remain calm, everyone. We will start now," the principal announced, attempting to quell the rising tension. "Each of you will receive a group number and a designated location to find your group."

Megumi leaned toward Evangeline, whispering softly. "I hope we end up in the same group, Evangeline."

Evangeline nodded, though aware of the slim probability. "I hope so too, but let's prepare for the possibility of being rivals."

A snap of the principal's fingers set a flurry of numbers into motion, swirling and changing in the air above the courtyard. It was a mesmerizing sight, filled with anticipation. After a few seconds, the number 5 materialized in front of Evangeline.

"Megumi, I got number 5," Evangeline relayed, her voice carrying a hint of disappointment.

Megumi's eyes filled with tears, and she sniffled softly. "Oh, what a pity. I got number 7. Looks like we won't be in the same team."

Evangeline attempted to lighten the mood. "It's not so bad. At least we know we'll be rivals sooner."

A mischievous grin appeared on Megumi's face. "Yes, I'm finally going to kick your ass."

Seiko chimed in, his words tinged with amusement. "I think she's going to kick your ass, Megumi."

Megumi shot Seiko a playful glare. "Still as mean as ever, I see, Seiko."

"I'm just stating the truth. You've never won against Evangeline, do you really think today will be any different?" Seiko retorted, his tone teasing.

"Enough arguing, both of you," Evangeline interjected, bringing the banter to a temporary halt. "We'll see about that later. For now, I'll go join my group, and you do the same, Megumi."

Megumi nodded, wiping away a tear. "Alright. We'll meet again, Evangeline. And Seiko, I'll prove to you that I'm right and that I can beat Evangeline."

With those parting words, Megumi turned and walked away, her determination on full display.

Evangeline took a deep breath, her gaze fixed on the arrow-shaped marker indicating her designated group location. "Let's see where fate leads me."

With measured steps, Evangeline made her way towards the assigned spot, curiosity coursing through her veins. As she arrived, her eyes scanned the area, and there, she found...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6K 293 111
тнe dιary lιғe oғ a vιllaιn, deмon queen wιтн тнe worldѕ ѕтrongeѕт нero тнaт ever вeen вorn and тнere ғrιendѕ. end ! ѕave! reѕтarт! conтaιn >da...
3.1K 132 21
Doom! One day, I became the daughter of Lucellai, the villainess in a novel. She, who fails to kill the Empress, ends up with a terrible death in the...
522 8 18
READ MORE ON WEBNOVEL! [The Imperial Consort could have been so much more than what we were shown.] --- Genius Neurosurgeon Lǐ Xīnyuàn died while bei...
504K 28.5K 60
She had a very perfect life as she was a perfect girl. She had everything she could ask for, a brilliant mind, wealth, and many other things, hence d...