Daggers and Daffodils

Por LockPickCommposer

'Imagine if you were hiccups twin (yes I know, not that original, but stay with me) thanks to a certain nigh... Mais

Dragon Raid
Mark
New Friends
New Arrivals
Welcome to Berk
The Proposition
Turning Tides
Downed Dragon
Dragon Training
All Goes to Hell
The Lonely Dragon
He Returns
Happy Hunting
Airborne
Mixed Signals
Cat and Mouse
Bad Luck
Betrayal
Just Perfect
Sooner or Later
Patchy Faced Rat
You Little Brat
Couple's Quarrel
Family Feud
Not as Planned
Two Sides Same Coin
Update- will delete later

New Flyer

413 18 4
Por LockPickCommposer

WARNING: Alrighty readers, trigger warning. I know this probably wasn't what you expected from this cringey fic, but we have some depictions of violence coming up. Don't worry, nothing is too graphic, but it is still very apparent what is happening. You have been warned.

Rage. All Dagur could feel was rage. In a matter of minutes, he had managed to lose both his Dragon eye, his treasure, and his, well... you. Fear plagued the crew as they watched their chief walk across the wooden deck wordlessly. By now Dagur would have screamed or thrown someone over the side of the ship. But it was his silence that left the ship quiet and shaking. Dagur suddenly stopped walking, his eyes never once leaving the floor. "B-boss" one of the berserkers asked taking a step too close. In a swift movement, Dagur wrapped a hand around his neck throwing him onto his back, fingers still wrapped tightly around his windpipe restricting air. 

The audience of berserker soldiers could only wince and look away doing nothing as Dagur let loose his anger on the poor man. After a few minutes Dagur stilled, panting heavily in exhaustion, fists stained red, and eyes bloodshot. This was his breaking point. Hiccup Haddock had stolen from him for the last time. Now, he would pay. He would pay for taking you from him, for not letting him make things better between the two of you after your argument, for getting in the way of your engagement, for everything. Meddling in the affairs of others would have a price, one that would be paid for in blood. 

Your bed felt heavenly upon your arrival home. Though, a nagging part in the back of your brain would point out how much softer Dagur's had been. It would do, you were too exhausted to complain. The salt from the sea water had dried in your hair, crusting it and leaving small grains. You would need to wash before you fell asleep. Maybe things would get better soon. They had to; you weren't sure how much more of this you could take. You sighed, "Why is everything ten times more difficult than it needs to be" you asked, looking up above you where Silver Tongue hung upside down. Letting out a snort and puff of steam, he covered himself in his wings, clearly fed up with you. "...Scabbard, you're my new favorite" the larger dragon's reclusiveness shed like a snake's skin as he unraveled his wings with a sharp and upset screech. You laughed, yeah. Things were going to get better.

Your supply run to Berk was a nice break from the swarms of Fireworms, Rumblehorns, and Quakens you were forced to deal with the past few weeks. Your father certainly enjoyed it, not so subtly hinting at needing their village dragon healer back home. You were tempted to stay, but the others needed you, and besides, Gothi was doing just fine taking care of the village ailments, even if she didn't specialize in creatures with four legs. 

"Okay gang, remember; were only taking absolute necessities to Dragon's Edge" Hiccup explained only to be met with laughter from Snotlout. "I guess we're leaving you behind, Fishlegs". "Come on. You're better than that, Snotlout. Oh, wait. No, you're not" Fishlegs said loading backs of rocks onto Meatlug. "Don't mind him, Fishlegs. He's just coping with the fact that his dad didn't want to say hi when we got here" you said with a smile as you tied down your last basket of herbs onto Silver Tongue's saddle. "Hey" Snotlout let out an offended whine crossing his arms. 

A loud ringing sounded from the twins as Ruff slammed a mace into Tuff's head, bouncing it off of his helmet with a thud, "Not bad. That's a two. Do it again". "Ow, yeah, three. I still think we could do better". 

"Which one of the usual suspects was out sinking boats on their dragon this morning" your father along with Gobber, Bucket, and Mulch walked towards you. "Sinking boats?", "Bucket and Mulch saw the whole thing." your dad said, "And don't try convincing me that there's anyone else in the archipelago who could pull something like this off!".

You all exchanged looks wordlessly, before Tuff came up from his concussed state to yammer, "It was me, Chief! I couldn't control myself. I had to do it. What's wrong with me? Why do I do things like this? Why doesn't anybody do anything to stop me? Cand you all see that it's a desperate cry for help" he broke into sobs. "What are you talking about? None of that happened" Ruff walked up to him. "I know that. I just always wanted to confess to something. How'd it play? I didn't overdo it, did I?" you rolled your eyes. "Yeah, I mean overall, you seemed grounded, but still it was a little hard to believe" Ruff said, earning an irritated sound from your father.

"Dad, we've been together all morning. It couldn't have been one of us" Hiccup explained ignoring the two imbeciles. "Well, if it wasn't one of you. We have a much more serious problem on our hands". 

"Rogue dragon rider?" Astrid asked. "Not good, not good at all" said Fishlegs. "No, it isn't. And we need to find out who it is" Hiccup said calling everyone to mount up. 

"Ok, gang, let's spread out" Hiccup called as you all landed on the beaten-up ship of Bucket and Mulch. 

"I've been thinking about this rogue dragon rider" Astrid said. "Dagur" you and Hiccup said in unison. "It makes sense. If Dagur has a dragon and is attacking ships, then who's to say we won't be next?".

"Hiccup, you got to see this" Fish legs called, directing your attention to a number of large and deep gashes ripped into the side of the ship. "Those are some deep gashes. Any idea what it could be?". "This dragon is extremely powerful. It has the slashing attack of a Speed Stinger yet from the depth of the strikes it appears to be as strong as a Typhoomerang" Fishlegs explained. "Well, any dragon that strong definitely shouldn't be anywhere near Dagur" Hiccup nodded in agreement circling back to the others, "You guys, you find anything else?". "This ship has been stripped of everything valuable" Astrid kicked an empty cargo bucket to prove her point. 

The twins meanwhile loudly fought over something large and silver. "Nothing over here. Right, sis?" Tuff attempted to lie horribly, realizing the groups eyes were on the two of them, "Nope, no-thing". 

"Zilch. Not a thing in front, behind, or to either side of us". "Oh, for Thor's sake, we can see it behind you two" you groaned. "Alright, but we get to keep it. Yeah, finders' keepers" the twins bargained Hiccup taking it from them. "A barb?" Fishlegs exclaimed. "That looks like one of Stormfly's" Astrid pointed out. 

"Which means the dragon could belong to the Sharp Class. You hear that,                                                                                                            Silver Tongue? We might have another sharp class friend" Silver Tongue huffed steam out of his nostrils, a low grumble emanating from his chest. "This. This is why Scabbard is your only friend, and she doesn't exactly have high standards".

"Are you guys thinking what I'm thinking?" Hiccup asked. "Ooh ooh, good game, Hiccup! You think of something, we'll try to guess what it is. And if we do, we get a prize" Tuff put his two index fingers to either side of his head as he thought hard, Ruff soon doing the same. "Hmm, let me see. I'm thinking you two are muttonheads" Snotlout shakes his head in irritation and disbelief. "Yes! I win" Tuff jumps up with a fist in the air.

"I'm thinking, if we find the dragon, we find the rider. And I have a pretty good idea of how we can find the dragon" Hiccup said holding up the silver spine. 

After using Mulch to get an identifying drawing Stormfly activated the dragon eye to search for more information. "That's it, the Razorwhip". "Okay, Fishlegs, do your thing" walking up to the dragon eye he took a moment to decipher the runes cast on the wall, "Okay, Razorwhip. Sharp class dragon. Long, spiny, barbed tail. Very aggressive. Very dangerous. This symbol indicates it can use its tail to wrap around a victim and literally squeeze the life out of them. Unless it's in a hurry, then it just slices you in half". "Fishlegs, is there anything about this dragon that won't kill us" Astrid asks.

"It's eyeballs?" Ruff asks, "nope, poisonous tears". "Poison, I love it" Tuff cheers. "Poisons fantastic. Fishlegs, is there anything that might help us locate it" Hiccup holds his hand out to quiet the twins.  

"Let's see, huh, mmm no not that, oral hygiene, feeding habits--", "whoa whoa whoa. Go back to that one. If we can figure out what this thing eats, then we might figure out where it eats" Hiccup reasoned. 

"Sea slugs! It eats sea slugs". Tuff gaged "Slugs? I hate those slimy monsters. They're just snails without homes. Giant homeless snails!". Hiccup ignored him, "We've come across a few islands that are crawling with sea slugs. Hopefully. our Razorwhip's hungry". "And hungry for sea slugs, not Vikings" you add on, making Snotlout gulp. 

"I have a good feeling about this island" Fishlegs smiles. "That's what you said about the last five island!" Snotlout yelled at him. "Lighten up, Snotlout. He's just being positive" Snotlout rolled his eyes at you. "Well, excuse me if I'm not exactly positive to be chasing after a dragon that could cut us in half!". "Or strangle us to death" Fishlegs adds earning a laugh from you and a glare from Snotlout.

"Hey, has anyone considered what we'll do if we actually find this Razorwhip?" Astrid rasied a valid point. "You can marry it" Tuff said lacing his fingers together, idolizing the deadly dragon. "What if Dagur's riding it?"she asked. "Well, then, Ruffnut can have him. I admit, it will be complicated. But I will one day come to love him as my own" "um, Tuffnut--", "Like a little babe, a child that I carry in my arms. But he's too heavy". The group became awkwardly silent at that. "...Yeah, that's never gonna happen" Snotlout breaks the quiet. "And why's that!?" Ruff counters. "Uh, duh. Because the only type Dagur has starts with Y and ends with N" Tuff thought for a moment. "...Yarn woman!" you face palmed. "No! Y/N" Snotlout guffawed at Tuffs answer. 

"Guys, look! Smoke!" Hiccup called, "A campfire". Landing, you found a campground, the fire freshly drenched. Astrid looked at the number of crates around the site, "Could be the loot from the ship". "These gashes look familiar too," you pointed to a number of large deep scrapes along a large rock. 

"Alright, gang, let's split up, and search the island for our rogue rider and his Razorwhip. He can't be far away. Fishlegs, you and Meatlug stay, signal if they come back" Hiccup ordered, the group going off into different directions. 

Circling a section of the island with tall trees you were met with nothing. "Scabbard, seek" the small green dragon dove off the left of Silver Tongue towards the tree line only to be intercepted and caught in the mouth of a silver blur, "Scabbard!".

In a heartbeat Silver Tongue dove downwards, chasing after the cloaked rider on top of the Razorwhip. If this was in fact Dagur, you were going to kill him. Unfortunately, though Silver Tongue's four wings and massive wingspan did give him large control in the air, it also slowed him down. Thankfully to your luck Hiccup zoomed past you, chasing the rogue rider into the cliffs. "Thor, please let her be ok" your breathing though erratic and near the edge of a panic attack was able to fend it off long enough to catch up to where you saw your brother aiding the rogue rider. 

"Hiccup! Is it Dagur? Is Scabbard o--", "Heather!" the group exclaimed in shock and anger. "You rolled me into a river" Snotlout yelled. "You trapped me in a cave" Astrid had her hands on her hips. "You left me dangling in a tree" Fishlegs said with a squeak. "Your dragon tried to eat mine!" you yelled cradling the drool covered Scabbard to your chest. "And I have to admit, the chicken move? That brought back some memories".

"Well, guys, I'm sure she has a really good reason for doing what she did. Right?" Hiccup asked. "Look, I've been living out here on my own for years and I've made more than a few enemies. I didn't want you guys to be involved. I needed to send you back to Berk". "You couldn't have just, I don't know, said that?!" Snotlout said offended. "Would you have listened?" she countered.

"She has a point. We're stubborn" Astrid agreed. "Heather, whatever problems you have, whatever enemies you've made, we can help. You don't have to be out here alone anymore" Hiccup reasoned gesturing to the group. "Hiccup, please, just let this go" Heather asked. "We have a base not far from here. Come back with us. Nothing permanent. We'll get you some provisions and catch up. You can see how you like it".

"Woah, Razorwhip. This is the best dream ever" said a dizzy Tuff, as Heather's dragon inspected him closely. "It's like I can reach out and tough it" a pet and a nuzzle from the dragon confirmed Tuff's query, "I can reach out and touch it! Cold, scaly. I Tuffnut Thorston, take thee, Razorwhip, whatever your last name is, insert it here, to be my-- Oh, hey Heather. What are you doing in my dream? At my wedding. I didn't put you on the list".

"You're not dreaming Tuff" Heather smiled lightly in amusement. "Oh... huh. In that case, Razorwhip attack! Run!" Tuff scrambled back over to the rest of the group. "I see nothing has changed" Hiccup shrugged, "Yeah, same story, different year. Let's head over to dragon's edge". Heather quirked a brow at your brother, "Not gonna give up, are you?". "Not likely" Heather gave in, "Okay, Dragon's edge it is".

----

Thank you everyone for reading! had to end it here because if not this chapter was going to go on for ages. 

Continuar a ler

Também vai Gostar

489K 9.5K 112
Little one shots of the reader and Hiccup that I wrote. Requests aren't welcome. "Hiccup," you said, softly, after a few minutes of silence. Hiccup...
161K 4K 41
Hiccup runs away from Berk with Toothless (after the fight with the Nadder in the ring). Astrid never stopped him and the romantic flight never happe...
297K 7.3K 34
Hiccup, a boy living in the village Berk. Being a weakling yet the son of the chief. Y/n, a girl flying on her Night Fury. Loving to be free. Flying...
1.7K 23 5
Hiccup had won the honor of killing an agressive Monstrous Nightmare. Since, he wouldn't kill a dragon, his only option: To run away and leave Berk f...