Nobody to Somebody

Par ReachForTheSkye443

A girl leaving everything behind to start afresh. She has a 4.0 GPA and an IQ score of 257. She lost her pare... Plus

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Sequel update

Chapter 30

4 0 0
Par ReachForTheSkye443

"Okay, seriously. We should get to work now." I said, and he whined like a child. I don't blame him, but as Mama used to say, procrastination is the thief of time.

We were playing ping-pong in the gaming room, and then we decided to take a break by watching a movie, so now it is time to work.

"What does this button do?" I asked he gave me an 'I don't know' look. I was referring to a button on a wall concealed by glass. I was curious to see what would happen if I pushed the button. We were sitting on beanbag chairs, but it caught my eye since it was bright red.

Curiosity killed the cat, my mind told me.

I shook my head after i thought of the worst-case scenarios that might happen, and I headed on to push the button. I first lifted the small glass cube that was covering the red button, and then I pushed it. Everything in the room started vibrating like solid particles. Uh-oh. I could feel the rocks beneath us moving, like tectonic plates switching right before an earthquake may occur.

"What did you do?" Blake asked suspiciously,  not taking his eye off the laptop. "Um." I didn't really have an excuse. It is obvious that I pushed the button. Maybe I am gonna get killed by my curiosity just like the cat.

The room started rotating, and I fell on the bean bag. Once the room stopped moving, I realized that we were no longer in the gaming room. The room we were in was dark, but as soon as the room settled, the lights started coming on one by one.

"Blake. Look." I pointed in excitement towards the millions of books. "You know we might be stuck here." He said calmly, and I didn't mind. His searched every inch of the library, whereas I got off the bean bag chair, and I strolled to every section in the library. My eyes gazed upon the books with admiration.

There were a lot of books to choose from and my hand felt each hard cover as passed each of them. "Did you know about this?" I turned to look at Blake, but he was focused, so he shook his head. Blake might be smart, but he is not exactly a bookworm.

I wonder if Willow didn't show me this part of the house because she thought I would spend my time in here, which is true. I love books. I would probably even sleep here, but the room looks old and dusty as if it were one of the secret rooms no one knew about.

I went to the section where there were system technologies. It was a whole section about computer programming, white hat hacking, or black hat hacking.

I was getting distracted, but it was a good distraction. There were multilingual books consisting of Portuguese, Russian, Italian, French, and so on.

I went back to the beanbag, and I took out my laptop. I realized that Blake likes to get things done quickly, so I wouldn't want to hold him up.

Blake and I enjoyed the silence of working here. I could see how relaxed he was around the silence of the room. I also enjoyed working here. Nothing could distract us here well, except the books.

************************************
I saw black hair, but I got up realizing that both Blake and I fell asleep. We were in a very awkward position, I mean, how did I get covered by Blake's hair. "Blake." I asked in a grogy voice.

"Oh shit. We fell asleep." He abruptly got up and fixed his glasses. His eyes flickered on to our close proximity, but he averted his eyes away from me, and so did I. I should admit that Blake is pretty attractive, but he just doesn't have what Matteo has.

His light green eyes searched around the room. He eyes settled on an object across the room. I went to see where his line of vision went.

"We can try an get out there." He pointed to a brown mysterious door. In a horror movie, would you go down that mysterious brown?

"Sure." I got up, gathering all my things, including some books I had picked out. You can not blame me, these was too good to pass up. One was about the De Luca family history, and I had to be ready about that. It was thick and was very short in width.

As we approached the small rectangular door, Blake opened it, and there was a narrow passage, almost like a tunnel that was going south.

"What are you waiting for?" He asked as  he saw my reluctance to get inside. "It is cramped, and I'm slightly asthmatic, so if we get stuck here..." I pointed out, and he shook his head.

"I can assure you that you will not get stuck." He said, and I got inside first, along with my books and laptop in front of me.

I crawled since it was cramped and narrow, and it was not built for an average size person. I took out my phone to turn on the flashlight, and I saw a door nearing towards the end.

When I opened the door, we were back downstairs, and we came out by the passage just before the stairs leading upstairs.

"Did we just go through a secret passage?" I asked Blake astounded, and he nodded.

Oh, there you are," Ms. Lilian said to me, "Mr Diego is expecting you in the dining hall. I expect you to look at tip-top shape when you see him." She explained.

Why would Mr Diego want to see me out of all the other people?

"I have to go anyway, so have fun," He said before he turned to face me again, "I'll update you. I think we really hit a breakthrough." He said, and he was right. We just need to cancel out some bugs that it'll be set.

"Oh, and one more thing. Don't forget where you came from. Money changes people." He said in a motherly tone, both his hands on my shoulders. I laughed, and he also laughed. I should be worried about money changing him.

"I won't. I promise." I said as I turned to the direction of Ms Lillian.

"He will be here in thirty minutes, so you need to change and try to do something with your hair." Ms Lillian explained.

"Does Matteo know about this?" I asked, and she shook her head.

"Well. He wants to see me not the other way around, so I do not have to change for anything." I said, and I could see from Ms Lillian's facial expression that she wanted to object, but she suppressed the need to say anything.

While waiting for Mr Diego to arrive. I made hot chocolate and eyed a certain amount of helpers prepare the house for Mr Diego to arrive. I still wondered why me?

We barely know each other, but I guess I'll find out when he gets here. I also wondered why the sudden change with Ms Lillian being my personal assistant, telling me when or when I do not have meetings. I need to speak to Matteo when he gets back.

I checked the commotion happening outside. I peeked through the window, but the huge gates could not let me see what was going on.

Someone knocked, and Marco opened the door, accompanying Mr Diego along with him. He was dressed in formal clothing as always. He had worn a blue suit with a white tie properly tied. He also wore some expensive looking shoes. His hair was gelled back, meaning he was here for business. Gray was stormy looking as always, his face always at stoic features.

"Ms Ross." He acknowledged me, and I had nothing else to say but, "Mr Valentino."

"You can just call me Diego." He said, and I raised an eyebrow, wondering why, but I nodded otherwise.

"I'm guessing you're wondering why I'm here." He said, taking a seat, and Marco was leaning against the door.

"Yes." I replied. With people whom I do not know, I always reply with one word answers.

"You are a remarkable young lady. So much talent, and may I ask how old you are?" He asked, his intimidating grey eyes piercing into mine.

"I'm eighteen, but I'm turning nineteen." I said, and he nodded his eyes, showing that he was astounded. "Tell me. Do you plan on going back to college?" He asked, and why did he look like he was interrogating me.

"Umm, I don't see a need to. I have a fully sustainable job." I said, and he nodded.

"So, are you also planning to stay here?" He referred to the house we were in.

"With all due respect, sir. Why all the questions? I know you're a very busy man, so why don't you get straight to the point?" I tilted my head to read him, adjusting my beanie in the process.

"Right you are," He said, "I was wondering if I could take you to the headquarters of my company today to explore different options. You are interested in software programming, am I correct?" He asked, and his eyes were sure to make me agree. I could see that he was a noble man, would except no for an answer.

He does own the biggest tech company in the world. He does digitized marketing, which is how he has billions by now. His tech company is revolutionizing technology by creating more artificial intelligence and virtual reality, which I am curious to see how it works.

"Okay. Let me go change." He looked surprised for a second, but his nonchalant expression came back. He cracked his knuckles and nodded.

**************************************
I decided to wear not too formal, I mean I am still a teenager. I wore white boyfriend jeans and a white lantern sleeve tie back Satin Top to look a bit fancy. I wore some Nike Air forces.

I sprayed on some of my perfume, wore lips gloss, and for the hair I had to unplait, which took some of my time. After that, I combed my hair, which now had become wavy. I put a black clip on the side, and I let the other side stay wavy.

I went downstairs and told Diego I was ready to go. Marco pulled me to his side.

"You might not be the same person you were a few days ago." He told me an in a subtle voice. "Ms Ross. Anyone associated with Mr Valentino is automatically considered famous." He said, and I did have a lot to consider.

"It's okay." I said as he prepared a black umbrella since it was raining outside.

When we went outside before the gates opened. I took a deep breath, and I nodded for Marco to proceed. The paparazzi was everywhere, but Marco was covering me up.

"Who are you?" A reporter waved a microphone at me. "Please move Ma'am. You do know what standard procedure is." Marco dangerously eyed her, and she backed away.

He got me in the car, and he went straight to the driver's seat. I sat in the backseat. The car we are in is a Rolls-Royce, which is a fancy British car.

We were in a white one. I'm guessing this is one of the cars the De Lucas own because we left Mr Diego's car in the yard.

I looked at the back of the car where the paparazzi was getting smaller and smaller as we covered more distance further away from here.

I looked around from the seats, and I felt so rich. There were complementary mints in the little cup holders. I took one, and I chewed. It tasted like well, mint.

I saw the car pull up next to the biggest tech company in Italy. I got out, and luckily, there was no paparazzi allowed inside the premises.

Marco stood behind me at a respectable distance as we got inside.

"This, Ms Ross, is where it all happens." Mr Diego's voice bounced on the walls. There was obvious security, which takes fingerprints and retinal scans.

When we got inside the building, the interior was lively. The whole building had screens all over the room. There was obviously a receptionist where they took the calls and everything.

"We have a wide range of smart technology, and the man who does the coding for it all is Fred." He pointed to a man in his mid forties holding a tablet in his hand, and there was an earpiece behind his ear.

"Please hold a bit," He was talking to the earpiece, but he turned to Mr Diego, "Morning, sir. We are ready to launch the new virtual assistant. You just need to sign the following documents." He said, pointing to the amount of paperwork.

"Just a minuted Frederick. I'm showing this young lady how everything works around here." Mr Diego gestured at me, and Fred narrowed his eyes at me.

"You look young." He said, analyzing my facial features. "Is she one of the new interns?" He asked, and I nearly scoffed.
"No. Frederick, my boy. She is way too qualified to be an intern." He said, patting my left shoulder.

"Well. Okay then. Have fun,young lady. Exploring the wonders of what we do here." He said, and he continued with the call from his earpiece.

"Shall we proceed?" Mr Diego asked, and I nodded.

**************************************
A/N
Guess who's done with exams? Me!! Now, I'll be able to update daily, and I guarantee more drama up ahead. So what'd you think of Blake and Kyla. Comment below, and don't forget to vote.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

597K 15.7K 35
Meet Eve Black: I decided to flirt with the guy that did it, "Heyyyy cutie," I say with a wink. "Hey, pretty lady," he says in a gross seductive tone...
20.6M 761K 89
When she was 14, Dalia was sold to Matteo Martinelli, the former leader of the largest Italian mafia. Flash forward with his son, Vittore Martinelli...
790K 14.7K 60
𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 𓅩 Matteo Marchetti feels like he has something to prove being the new leader of the Italian Mafia, he tries his best to leave his pas...
59.9K 860 38
This is my first story sooo🤨 He was cold, ruthless, and killed. There was no doubt that people feared him, he was the mafia don for crying out loud...