JULIET {remus lupin}

By saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... More

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FOUR
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

EIGHTY SIX

1.2K 73 64
By saffyxoxox

October 30th, '81

Peter Pettigrew arrived in the muggle part of Surrey at five o'clock in the morning on October 29th.

Colin Jones found his cousin, Damien, dead in their living room ten minutes later. He had been awoken by the bang and rushed down. He fell to his knees over the boy's body, sobbing as he noticed the dark mark above his house. There was a figure in the garden, he rushed out, wand outstretched, lowering it as he realised it was Peter Pettigrew.

"Peter," Colin breathed. "How did you get here so fast?"

"We were just notified," Peter said calmly. "I came as fast as I could."

"Is anyone else from the order coming?"

"Colin, I'm in auror training, it'll be okay."

Colin leant back against his house and cried into his hands. 

"Did you see anything?"

"No- I- Damien is in Slytherin! He has good relationships with everyone, he plays nice with the death eaters, I don't understand!"

"Damien was a muggleborn, correct?"

"Yes," he said through tears.

"And no Slytherins ever knew about this?"

Colin paused, "Juliet Romilly did, in school. But I don't think she-"

Peter painted a distressed look on his face, "ah, I see."

"She wouldn't, she's been on our side-"

"The order has had a spy," Peter said quietly. "We have all suspected her quietly, trying not to provoke her."

Colin sat down on the grass, his head against the brick breathing heavily, "she got the dark mark, in school, I remember."

Peter nodded and sat opposite him, feigning sadness. 

"We all wanted to trust her."

"I'm gonna kill her."

"I'll summon the others," Peter sighed. "It's better if you say you saw her, quicker to get them to Azkaban that way."

Colin nodded.

It was six o'clock in the morning when Alastor Moody entered the flat which Juliet and Remus shared. Dumbledore had heard the news, and got rid of the wards, being their secret keeper.

Juliet shrieked at the sound of the door being broken down and rushed into the living room, wand outstretched. Remus was already there, he looked at her, confused.

Alastor entered the flat and promptly disarmed the witch.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Remus asked. "What are you-"

"Juliet Romilly, we have reason to believe this morning you murdered Damien Jones," Alastor said, stepping aside as ministry officials entered the flat.

Remus stared at her, she was fully dressed.

"Damien is dead?" She asked, in shock, her arms limp as men took ahold of her.

"She didn't," Remus said quietly. He looked to Dumbledore desperately. "She wouldn't, it was her who bloody protected him all those years ago! It was her-"

When they apparated only he and his old headmaster remained, there were tears falling down his face and the old wizard put a hand on his shoulder.

"Colin has said she was there. That he saw her."

Remus shook his head, "bullshit, no-"

A few hours later a wolf patronus appeared in front of Sirius' window. He jumped out of bed and ran outside. As soon as he heard Remus' voice he apparated, seeing his friend with his forehead to a wall in muggle London.

"Remus, mate?" Sirius asked.

"They took her."

"What?" He asked, worried, putting behind all hostility between the pair.

"Juliet, they took her."

"Who did? When? I was just with her?"

Remus' eyes snapped up, "what?"

"I patrolled with her, until just before six this morning."

"That's why she was fully dressed," he murmured.

Sirius shook his friend's shoulder.

"Moony."

"Damien Jones was murdered this morning, at five o'clock. They've just taken Juliet in for the murder."

"What-"

"Someone told Colin that there's a spy, he told the aurors 'here's your spy.' They came, and they took her," he said, swallowing back a sob.

Sirius quickly hugged his friend, regretting the space that had been between the marauders, and feeling guilty for everything he had said about Remus.

"Let's go."

"Where?"

Sirius grabbed him and apparated him to outside of a red telephone box.

"The ministry," Sirius muttered, "used to come with Orion, know my way around fairly well."

The two wizards sprinted through the Ministry of Magic, towards where Sirius promised Juliet would be being held and questioned. When they reached the room they knocked.

"No use, boys," Albus Dumbledore said. "They won't let me in either."

"Who's in there with her?"

"The minister for magic, Millicent, as well as a few other officials."

"I was with her," Sirius said. "She and I patrolled today. I have the letters, where we arranged it. I told James Potter about it."

Dumbledore's eyes lit up a little, and he knocked the door, speaking a few commanding words. He entered, and a few minutes later, the door opened fully, revealing Juliet bound to a chair, looking half-conscious.

"Cruciatus," Sirius whispered to Remus as they entered, willing himself to stay calm.

Remus however, did not. 

"The fucking cruciatus?" He said, looking straight into the eyes of Millicent Bagnold, the Minister for Magic. "Dumbledore, how could you let this happen?"

The woman stood up stiffly, "it has been legalised, Mr..."

"Remus Lupin," he spat.

Her features softened a little, "I knew your father-"

"I don't give a fuck about my father. You used it on her?"

"It's been legalised for death eaters, Mr Lupin," another woman, who had her wand pointed at Juliet, said.

"She isn't a death eater," he said, his voice raising.

The Minister for Magic glanced at the dark mark on Juliet's arm, and then back at Remus.

"Mr Lupin-"

"I was with her," Sirius interrupted. "Juliet and I patrolled this morning, until just before six o'clock. I apparated her back to outside her flat, and then returned to mine. I have the letters, and I told James Potter about the meeting."

"This is also what she said," an official whispered to the minister.

"It is only your word, we have then, I presume?"

"And what do you have from Colin?" Remus snapped. "His word? He's not even a bloody order member?"

"Sirius is a trusted member, and future order, Millicent," Alastor Moody said from where he stood with Dumbledore. "And, might I add, as is Mr Lupin, and as was Miss Romilly."

"I cannot make decisions based on the word of twenty year olds," the minister shrieked.

"Then allow me to make it for you," Dumbledore said. "We have Sirius' word, and I trust him, we can speak to James Potter. Colin Jones needs to also be interviewed. Allow us to apparate Miss Romilly home, she will be held there. An auror can guard the flat, and I will be the secret keeper. You cannot send a witch to Azkaban based on one young man's word."

The Minister for Magic sighed and nodded, leaving the room.

Sirius and Remus walked back through the Ministry of Magic, neither saying a word to each other. Colin Jones walked past with an official and Remus nudged Sirius.

The dark haired wizard met Colin's eye and said, "liar."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.8K 594 53
Regulus Black fanfic Read the introduction for more information :) And thank you for giving this book a chance!!! Started: 13th April 2023 Finished:...
434K 12.7K 78
This is a POLY relationship. Three men with 1 girl. This story will be a comment to suggest type of story. Participation is a must. A story written b...
30.6K 978 41
"𝐑𝐇𝐈𝐀𝐍𝐍𝐎𝐍 𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐀 𝐁𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓, 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐖𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐘𝐎𝐔 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐓𝐎 𝐋𝐎𝐕𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐑?" rhiannon was...
2.7M 102K 77
In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA professor trusts her when no one else will. ...