Jaune Rodriguez: Adrenaline J...

By Mothman_connoisseur

Jaune Rodriguez: A grapple-using, wingsuit-wearing, parachute-flying badass joins Beacon. Look out Remnant a... More

Info
To Beacon!
Arriving at Beacon
Initiation

Initiation begins

595 19 11
By Mothman_connoisseur

Ruby and Jaune enter the Academy's giant auditorium, filled to the brim with people. Ruby looks around then she hears Yang's voice.

Yang: (waving) Ruby! Over here! I saved you a spot!

Ruby: Oh! Hey, I-I gotta go! I'll see you after the ceremony!

Jaune: Hey, wait! (sighs) Ah, great. Oh well, might as well find a spot. (he moves on not seeing Pyrrha watching him walk away.)

Jaune finds a spot and begins to tinker a little bit with his Grappler. Minutes later he hears a voice.

Weiss: Yeah! And we can paint our nails and try on clothes and talk about cute boys, like tall, blond, and scraggly over there!

Jaune: Hm? Hey! I'm not scraggly! I'm rugged! La Puta!

Ruby: Wow, really?!

Weiss: (dead silence under her glare) No.

The girls' attention is drawn to the stage, where Professor Ozpin is readying the microphone, with Glynda beside him.

Skipping Ozpin's speech

Yang: He seemed kind of... off.

Ruby: It's almost like he wasn't even there.

The first night at Beacon, students are splayed out in sleeping bags. Ruby, is in her pajamas and is writing in a journal when Yang crashes next to her, similarly dressed.

Yang: It's like a big slumber party!

Ruby: (not looking up) I don't think Dad would approve of all the boys, though.

Yang: I know I do! (purrs as she watches several muscular, shirtless guys... and Jaune, dressed in his normal clothes before she returns her attention to Ruby) What's that?

Ruby: A letter to the gang back at Signal. I promised to tell them all about Beacon and how things are going.

Yang: Aw, that's so cuuuute! (knocked back as a pillow is launched at her face)

Ruby: Shut up! I didn't get to take my friends with me to school! It's weird not knowing anyone here!

Yang: What about Jaune? He's nice! There you go! Plus one friend! That's a hundred percent increase!

Ruby: (turning on her back) Pretty sure Weiss counts as a negative friend. Back to zero...

Yang: There's no such things as negative friends! You just made one friend and one enemy! Look, it's only been one day. Trust me; you've got friends all around you! You just haven't met them yet!

The two sisters notice a candle being lit nearby, and Blake Belladonna is seen leaning against a wall, reading her book.

Meanwhile with Jaune

Jaune silently climbs up a wall and gets up onto one of the beams. He takes off his jacket and rolls it up to be used as a pillow. He tries to fall asleep but some people are being noisy.

Weiss and Yang: Oh, not you again!

Ruby: Shh! Guys, she's right! People are trying to sleep!

Weiss: Oh, now you're on my side!

Ruby: I was always on your side!

Yang: Yeah, what's your problem with my sister? She's only trying to be nice!

Weiss: She's a hazard to my health!

Thwip!

Something grabs the candle and pulls it to one of the beams of the roof revealing it to be Jaune.

Jaune: Hey, amigas why don't you all shut up and go to sleep yeah?

Weiss: What are you doing up there?!

Jaune: I intend to sleep up here and you can't stop me! Now let me get some sleep!

He blows the candle out.

Morning

Ren and a skipping Nora pass Ruby Rose and Yang Xiao Long as they are busy readying themselves.

Ruby: Wonder what those two are so worked up about?

Yang: Oh, who knows? So, you seem awfully chipper this morning!

Ruby: Yep! No more awkward small talk or "getting-to-know-you" stuff. Today, I get to let my sweetheart do the talking. (strokes Crescent Rose as she sighs happily)

Yang: Well, remember, Ruby, you're not the only one going through initiation. If you wanna grow up, you're gonna have to meet new people and learn to work together.

Ruby: (sighs in frustration) You sound like Dad! (shoves her weapon into the locker) Okay, first of all: What does meeting new people have to do with fighting? And secondly: I don't need people to help me grow up! I drink milk!

Yang: But what about when we form teams?

Ruby: (suddenly nervous) Um, I don't know, I... I'll just be on your team or something...

Yang: (Bringing her hair around her shoulder and stroking it) Maybe you should try being on someone else's team?

Ruby: My dear sister Yang, are you implying that you do not wish to be on the same team as me?

Yang: What? No! Of course I do! I just thought... I don't know, maybe it would help you... break out of your shell!

Ruby: What the-?! I don't need to 'break out of my shell'! That's absolutely-

Jaune: Ridiculous! There's no way I put my gear in locker 636 yesterday! I would've remembered having to count that high! Who do I need to have a few words with? *spanish mumbling*

Jaune passes Weiss and Pyrrha as they ready themselves at their lockers.

Weiss: So, Pyrrha, have you given any thought to whose team you'd like to be on? I'm sure everyone must be eager to unite with such a strong, well-known individual such as yourself!

Pyrrha: Hmm... I'm not quite sure. I was planning on letting the chips fall where they may.

Weiss: Well... I was thinking maybe we could be on a team together.

Pyrrha: Well, that sounds grand!

Weiss: Great!

The background disappears into a thundercloud as Weiss adopts a scheming pose and manic smile in her head.

Weiss: This will be perfect! The smartest girl in class combined with the strongest girl in class! Together we will be unstoppable! I can see it now! We'll be popular! We'll be celebrities! We'll get perfect grades! Nothing can come between us now!

Jaune: (coming between them and interrupting Weiss' evil train of thought) You know what else is great? Me. Jaune Rodriguez. Nice to meet you.

Weiss: (irritated) You again?

Jaune: Lady you'll be seeing me a lot here get used to it.

Pyrrha: (hurriedly letting herself be seen) Jaune!

Jaune: Hey, Pyrrha! How's the tournaments been treating you?

Weiss: Oh, you've got to be kidding me!

Jaune: What?

Weiss: (separating the two) Jaune, is it? Do you have any idea who you're talking to?

Jaune: Yeah, otherwise I wouldn't have called her by name.

Weiss: This is Pyrrha.

Pyrrha: Hello!

Weiss: Pyrrha graduated top of her class at Sanctum!

Jaune: I know that.

Weiss: (scoffs) She's won the Mistral Region Tournaments four years in a row! A new record!

Jaune: I know that as well.

Weiss: (waving her arms rapidly in anger) She's on the front of every Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes box!

Weiss: So, after hearing all of this, do you really think you're in a position to ask her to-

Jaune: I'm gonna stop you there. I know Pyrrha personally, worked as security for her. Made sure she was alright from afar. Perhaps it is best to know more about others before you make assumptions.

Weiss: Oh, sorry.

Jaune: Eh, no problemo. We're all just a bit tense for today. Just some advice by the way: Mellow out a bit.

An announcement plays on the intercom system.

Glynda: Would all first-year students please report to Beacon Cliff for initiation? Again, all first-year students report to Beacon Cliff immediately.

The scene changes to the Beacon Cliff, overlooking a forest, where several students - some old, some new, and some unseen - are standing on silver tiles in front of a mug-holding Professor Ozpin and Glynda with her tablet.

Ozpin: For years, you have trained to become warriors, and today, your abilities will be evaluated in the Emerald Forest.

Glynda: Now, I'm sure many of you have heard rumors about the assignment of "teams." Well, allow us to put an end to your confusion. Each of you will be given teammates... today.

Ruby: What? Ohhh...

Ozpin: These teammates will be with you for the rest of your time here at Beacon. So it is in your best interest to be paired with someone with whom you can work well.

Ruby: (groaning)

Ozpin: That being said, the first person you make eye contact with after landing will be your partner for the next four years.

Ruby: (the shocked expression mirrors her world cracking like glass and falling apart) Whaaaat?!

Jaune: Anyone else hear glass break?

Nora: (to Ren) See? I told you-!

Jaune: No, I'm being serious.

Ozpin: After you've partnered up, make your way to the northern end of the forest. You will meet opposition along the way. Do not hesitate to destroy everything in your path... or you will die.

Jaune laughs happily.

Ozpin: You will be monitored and graded through the duration of your initiation, but our instructors will not intervene. You will find an abandoned temple at the end of the path containing several relics. Each pair must choose one and return to the top of the cliff. We will regard that item, as well as your standing, and grade you appropriately. Are there any questions?

Jaune: Nope.

Ozpin: Good! Now, take your positions.

Everyone strikes a pose on their tile. Nora crouches low, Ren wields his weapons, Yang raises her fists, Ruby readies her body, and Jaune puts some earphones in.

At her turn, Yang winks at her younger sister, puts on a pair of aviators, and flies off with a "Woo-hoooooooo!" a second before Ruby joins her.

Jaune: Hahaha! Time for some Chaos!

He gets hurled with the cloud of students now making their way down into the forest below under the eyes of the teachers. Ozpin, for his part, simply takes a sip of his drink.

Chapter End

A/N: What do you guys think of Jaune's personality? I'm trying making slightly serious but also a bit laid-back. I've decided on the Ship for this story: Arkos. I went with this because I've noticed there isn't many Arkos stories here.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

114K 3.4K 31
"she does not remind me of anything, everything reminds me of her." lando norris x femoc! social media x real life 2023 racing season
81.5K 3.6K 20
Grosvenor Square, 1813 Dearest reader, the time has come to place our bets for the upcoming social season. Consider the household of the Baron Feathe...
961K 21.9K 49
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
220K 4.6K 47
"You brush past me in the hallway And you don't think I can see ya, do ya? I've been watchin' you for ages And I spend my time tryin' not to feel it"...