Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

By Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... More

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 22 : Brothers
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 23 : Family

3.1K 278 91
By Amateurmisswriter_

This chapter is dedicated to this pretty soul CreatingFictions

Happy Birthday, Sweetheart! Loads and loads of love to you!
Sorry for the late wish. I hope the chapter makes it up to you!

"Bhabhi?"

"Bhabhi?!"

"Ha..haan?" Ashi came out of her thoughts and turned to Ayaansh who had been calling her.

Ayaansh and Aniket looked at each other.

"Kya hua, Ashi? Pareshaan ho kisi baat se?" Aniket asked gently walking closer to her.

"Nhi, Ani. Bas thoda thak gyi hoon." Ashi smiled for him. Arnav had told her everything was fine. Though she was worried but she didn't want the boys to worry needlessly.

"Toh aap aaram karo na." Ayaansh said and dragged her to sit on the sofa.

"Mai thik hoon, Ayu, bas..."

"Kuch nhi sunna mujhe, Bhabhi." Ayaansh made her sit firmly.

"Aaram se baitho yahan. I'll get you coffee." Aniket said and went to the kitchen.

Ayaansh didn't give her a chance to protest and reached for her forehead. "Headache ho rha hai, Bhabhi? Massage kar doon?"

Ashi smiled at his concern and caressed his face lovingly. "Nhi, bachcha. Tere Bhaiyu gye na coffee lane. I'll be fine."

Aniket came back with her coffee and handed her the cup.

"Thank you, Ani."

Aryan came down bouncing and approached them. "Bohot bhookh lagi hai, Bhabhi. Dinner kare?"

"Haan, abhi deti hoon." Ashi immediately kept the coffee aside and was about to get up but Aniket made her sit back and glared at Aryan.

"Khud nhi le sakta tu?"

"Bhabhi ke sir me dard hai, Aru. Unhe aaram karne de." Ayaansh said slinging an arm around Aryan.

"Sorry, Bhabhi." Aryan said guiltily.

Ashi smiled. "Mai thik hoon, bachcha." She looked at Aniket. "Dinner ka time ho hi gya, Ani. Aa jao tum log mai laga deti hoon."

Aniket glared at her. "Chup chap baithi raho tum. Hum khud le lenge ek din toh pahad nhi toot jayega."

"Haan, Bhabhi, mai toh yoon hi keh raha tha. Aap rest karo. Thodi der ruk ke kha lenge." Aryan said.

Ashi sighed. She couldn't win when Singhania brothers were in that mode.

"Bhaiya kab tak aayenge?" Aryan asked after a minute.

"Aa jayenge." Ashi replied nonchalantly.

They talked randomly as Ashi sipped her coffee. After she was done, she looked at Aniket. "Ani, dinner ka time ho gya. Can you get me my dinner please?"

Aniket gave her a hopeless look. He knew what she was doing.

"Arey, jao na, Bhaiyu. Bhabhi ko bhookh lagi hogi." Aryan nudged him.

Aniket sighed and left. Whe he came back with a plate of food, he saw Ayaansh giving Ashi head massage while Aryan telling her about his school.

"Yeh dekho dono ko, ek sir dard de rha hai aur dusra uss sir dard ko kam karne ke koshish kar rha hai." Aniket said sarcastically as he gave Ashi the plate of food. "Ekdam perfect!"

Aryan and Ayaansh glared at him. Aniket shrugged. "Shi toh keh raha hoon. Ek hi thaali ke chatte batte ho dono!"

Ashi hit Aniket on shoulders playfully. "Kyun pareshan kar rhe ho unhe!"

Aniket lifted his hands in surrender. "Bohot maar kha chuka hoon mai aaj ke liye."

All of them chuckled.

"Bhaiya ne apako bigaad diya hai, Bhaiyu. Ab Bhabhi hi aapko thik karegi." Aryan teased.

"Tu phir bola!" Aniket glared.

Aryan poked out his tongue and hi fived with Ayaansh.

Aniket looked at Ashi and then the plate in her hands pointedly. "Khao?"

"Kha rhi hoon." Ashi said as she held Ayaansh's wrist and made him sit opposite to her. She tore a morsel and brought it to Aryan's lips.

"Bhabhi..."

"Kha le, bachcha. Bhookh lagi thi na?" Ashi fed him the morsel and then offered another bite to Ayaansh.

There was an ache in Ayaansh's heart for the beauty of a life he hadn't had, from the which he had been locked out, and he had thought it would never go away. But that morsel from Ashi's hands soothed his aching heart like magic. He blinked off the tears that rushed to his eyes.

When Ashi brought another morsel to Aryan's lips, he took it from her hands and offered it to her. "Aap bhi khao, Bhabhi."

Ashi smiled and had the morsel. Her eyes filled up when Ayaansh did the same. Aryan had always loved her but Ayaansh giving her the same love overwhelmed her.

Aniket's heart soared looking at them. They had never had any woman around them to know what having a mother felt like! What motherly warmth felt like! But now they knew! Ashi had filled in that void beautifully! He was startled out of his thoughts when Ashi offered him a morsel.

"Kha na!" Ashi nudged him to eat when he didn't open his mouth.

Aniket blinked his eyes and ate. After completing the dinner, Ashi got up to keep the plate but Ayaansh took it from her hands. "Mai rakh deta hoon, Bhabhi. Baitho aap."

Ashi smiled as Aryan, too, took the glasses from Ayaansh's hands tagged along him. She was taken aback when Aniket turned her around and hugged her tightly.

"Thank you, Ashi!" Aniket's voice was laced with emotions.

"For?"

"For making our family complete!" He held on for a moment and pulled back. "For everything!"

Ashi gently cupped his face. "You don't have to thank me for anything, Ani. Tumne hi kaha na, our family, hm?"

Aniket nodded with a soft smile. His eyes misted when Ashi kissed his forehead. She hadn't done that before in their years long friendship. Ashi patted his cheeks once and walked away. She had respected the friendship he gave her and never crossed her boundaries but now she was embracing the newness of their relationship without any hesitation. She loved them and she would make sure they felt that love!

"Ashi?"

Ashi came out hearing Arnav's voice. Aniket and Ayaansh also came down. They were all waiting for Arnav. Arnav had called and appraised them of circumstances.

Sharda Solanki, Smriti's sister, was a strong independent woman who had moved out of India many years ago with her mother. She had come back to India with her mother, Meera Solanki for a business purpose. It was a miraculous coincidence that the project she had come for was under Ashi! When Sharda read Aashika's name, she only knew her as a successful business woman and a part of the best industry of India, Singhania Industries. But Sharda had a habit of checking personal background of the people she was making a deal with and that's how destiny made her reunite with Arnav! She was beyond shocked when she was confirmed, it was indeed Arnav, her sister's first born! She had desperately reached out to their office to get to Arnav!

Arnav was numb when he got to know about them. Both Meera and Sharda hugged him to their chest and cried their hearts out. They told him how they had tried to search for him desperately but couldn't succeed. At last they had left the country heart broken. They had never imagined they would see Arnav again and was grateful for their prayers being answered even after years!

Ashi and Aniket were taken aback by the information. The world was, indeed, a very small place! Aryan had already slept and Ayaansh was still confused about his own feelings. His mother's sister and mother! His maasi and naani and he had never known them before! He didn't know what to feel about that!

Ashi came out of her thoughts as Sharda walked up to her. She looked at Arnav who nodded his head with a smile.

"Bohot pyaari ho, beta!" Sharda cupped her face lovingly.

Ashi bent down to take her blessings. Sharda hugged her. Tears rolled down her face. She was Arnav's wife! The child she had once loved with her whole heart was married!

"Khush raho!" Sharda caressed her face. "Bohot suna hai tumhare baare me!"

"Naani..." Arnav held Meera's hand and brought her forward.

Ashi came to her and touched her feet. Meera blessed her whole heartedly. She was having hard time controlling her tears. "Jeeti raho, beta. Chaand ka tukda ho ekdam!"

Ashi smiled.

Arnav looked at Ayaansh and Aniket who were standing behind. He gestured them to come ahead.
"Inse miliye naani, Aniket aur Ayaansh, mere chhote bhai."

Sharda and Meera looked at each other. Arnav had told them about his family beforehand. He hadn't gone into details but had explicitly said that they were his family. Aniket came and took their blessings.

"Khush raho, beta." Meera caressed his face. Something about him tugged her heart. "Iski aankhein..."

Aniket's heart skipped a beat!

"Mere jaisi hai!" Arnav smiled. It was one thing that had made Arnav's heart stir for Aniket. He couldn't hold back himself when Aniket looked at him with his own eyes! That was a miraculous coincidence but it became the binding force between the brothers!

Meera nodded. Now she saw it!

Arnav looked at Ayaansh. Ayaansh hesitated but came forward and took their blessings. Meera hugged the boy to her chest. He was her daughter's son and she never got the chance to even meet him!

"Mera bachcha..."

Sharda's eyes also filled up seeing him. She had loved Arnav like her own son and would have loved Ayaansh too. But destiny never gave them a chance with him!

Ayaansh was very awkward. Arnav noticed that and put an comforting arm around him. Ayaansh relaxed. Both Meera and Sharda noticed that. The gesture saddened them but they knew relationships couldn't be established in a single day! They will have to make their own way!

"Aap log thak gye honge, naaniji.." Ashi said.

"Naani kaho, beta." Meera smiled at her warmly. "Naaniji jyada formal nhi ho gya?"

Ashi smiled back. She already liked her! It always felt good to have elders around and she was sure Meera was a wonderful woman!

"Rest kar lijiye, naani.."

Aryan came down rubbing his eyes and ran to Arnav without looking at surroundings. "Aap aa gye, Bhaiya!"

Arnav ruffled his hair as Aryan snuggled to him. "Haan, bachcha. Tu soya nhi?"

"Paani lene aaya tha!"

"Yeh kon hai, Arnav?" Sharda asked.

Aryan pulled back listening to her voice and stared at them confusedly.

"Aryan, mera bachcha!" Arnav smiled and nudged Aryan towards them. "Aru, maasi aur naani se mil."

Aryan nodded and stepped ahead to take their blessings. Sharda and Meera blessed him with a smile. They could hear the protective stance in Arnav's voice. It was nothing less than a miracle for them to get back Arnav. They would gladly accept everyone related to him in anyway! They were his family in every sense and they respected it!

Everyone called it a day and departed to their rooms. It had been a long day for all of them! Arnav walked with Aryan to his room. He was behaving clingy which only meant he wanted Arnav's attention.

Aryan cuddled to Arnav's chest as soon as he settled beside him.

"Naani aur maasi humare saath rahenge, Bhaiya?"

"Kuch din ke liye." Arnav replied. They had been reluctant but Arnav had convinced them at last. He understood their reluctance but he didn't want them to feel guilty for something which wasn't their fault.

"Yeh toh achchi baat hai na, Bhaiya!" Aryan was delighted to have more people in their home. "Bhabhi ke welcome ke liye naani aur maasi bhi rahengi."

"Welcome?" Arnav asked.

Aryan hit his forehead. They ahd forgotten to tell Arnav about their plan. He told Arnav everything they had planned. Arnav was grateful. His wife deserved much more that he was able to give!

"We'll do it on Bhabhi's birthday!" Aryan added excitedly. "Aap bas subah subah Bhabhi ko bahar le jana uss din. Le jaoge na?"

"Haan, beta, le jaunga!" Arnav ruffled his hair.

Aryan snuggled to him. "Aap itna late kyun aate ho, Bhaiya? Aapko pata hai na mujhe aapke bina dinner karna achcha nhi lagta."

"Sorry, bachcha. Ab se jadi aa jaunga." Arnav said guiltily.

"Kal subah pav bhaji banaoge aap mere liye?"

Arnav tensed. He had a meeting scheduled in the morning.

"Aap subah bhi jaldi chale jaoge na? Jao aap, Bhaiya, mujhe baat nhi karni aapse!" Aryan pulled away from him. "Jao aap, abhi bhi kaam karo."

"Mera bachcha naraaz ho gya?" Arnav pulled him back to his chest. "Bana dunga subah teri pav bhaji. We'll have breakfast together."

Aryan turned away his face. "Jao aap, kaam karo apne office ka!"

"Sorry, bachcha, maaf kar de Bhaiya ko." Arnav kissed his forehead. "Tu aise naraaz rahega toh mera dil kahin aur kaise lagega?"

Aryan gave him a suspicious look. "Pakka banoge subah pav bhaji?"

Arnav nodded. His work could wait. His child's smile was more important!

Aryan gave him a heart melting smile and hugged him happily. "I love you, Bhaiya!"

"I love you too, beta!"

Ayaansh stayed in his bed with sleep far away from his eyes. He didn't know what he was feeling. How come he had never his own mother's family? Then being away from the country didn't explain anything to him as he had never even know his mother had a sister! He had been told they didn't have any family member at all!

He closed his eyes and started thinking about when he had come to know about Arnav. That feeling was also foreign but still very different from what he was feeling now! A soft smile played on his lips thinking of the first time Arnav cooked for him or fed him! The memories relaxed him!

His eyes were just getting heavy when suddenly he remembered something. He sat up with a gasp! He remembered when he had first given a dark chocolate to Aryan!

Aap mere liye laye?

Khake dekho kitni tasty hai!

Ayaansh's eyes filled up. Aryan hated dark chocolates!

Dark chocolate kon khata hai!

Aryan had gladly eaten the chocolate the first time Ayaansh gave him. Even when he hated it, he hadn't complained, instead he had hugged him happily while thanking him. The realisation dawned upon Ayaansh! Aryan had eaten it just because he gave it to him. Even back then, Aryan had loved him enough to not hurt his feelings. The boy didn't let him realise even for a second he didn't like those dark chocolates.

"Neend nhi aa rhi?"

Ayaansh came out of his thoughts and looked up to find Arnav at the door.

"Bhaiya, aap.." Ayaansh sat up straight.

Arnav came and settled beside him. "Soya kyu nhi?"

"Neend nhi aa rhi thi." Ayaansh looked down.

Arnav pulled him closer and Ayaansh dropped his head on Arnav's shoulders. Arnav stroke his hair as they sat in silence.

"Kya woh sach me humari family hai, Bhaiya?"

Arnav looked at him. The sadness in his voice got to him. "Haan, bachcha. It's been long but I remember them."

Ayaansh didn't say anything. It hurt that he hadn't known about his own family! Why did they never try to reach out to them? Did they even care?

"I know what you're thinking, Ayu but... It's complicated." Arnav said gently. "There were some issues between naani and Mrs. Singhania that led her to cut off ties with you guys completely. They had their own reasons for not reaching out to you."

"They love you, Ayu, but I'm not asking you to love them, Bachcha." Arnav made him look up and cupped his face. "I'm only asking you to give them a fair chance!"

Ayaansh looked away.

"Kisi ek ki galti ki saza hum baaki sab ko toh nhi de sakte na, bachcha? Kisi ek ne agar tujhe pyaar nhi kiya toh iska yeh matlab nhi na ki tu uski saza uss insaan ko de Jo tujhse pyaar karna chahta ho. It's not fair to them. And it's not fair to you, Ayu!"

Ayaansh's eyes filled up. He knew his brother could read him better than he himself did. He didn't have any resentment for Sharda and Meera but he didn't have any other feelings either.

"They are family, Ayu! Your mother's family...."

"Not your mother's? Aapki kuch nhi thi mumma?" Ayaansh blurted out.

Arnav stiffened. He pulled back his hands.

Ayaansh realised what he said and hugged Arnav immediately. "Sorry, Bhaiya!"

He still didn't know why Arnav was against talking about their mother. And neither did he want know! He had once hurt his brother by asking meaningless questions, he wouldn't do that again! Arnav was his brother! They were his family! It didn't matter how they were related and what happened in the past. For Ayaansh, they were related by heart. Singhania brothers shared the same heartbeat and nothing else counted!

"I'm really sorry, Bhaiya. Galti se keh gaya..."

Arnav blinked off the moisture from his eyes before Ayaansh could see and hugged him back.

Ayaansh deepened the hug.

"It's okay, bachcha... I know you want some answers and.."

"I don't want any answers, Bhaiya!" Ayaansh pulled back and looked at Arnav with eyes full of sincerity. "Mujhe kuch nhi jaanna. I want to live our present. I don't care what happened in the past. Mumma se meri apni shikayatein hai aur aapki apni. You don't have to give me any answer!"

Arnav looked at him with warm eyes. He had become one of those precious things to Arnav that he always wanted to keep close to his heart. Hearing him speaking so maturely warmed and pained Arnav at the same time! He was proud that his brother had such understanding at such age but the very next moment he was reminded of the circumstances that had forced him to be understanding.

"Kya hua, Bhaiya?" Ayaansh tugged at his hand. "Aap gussa ho?"

Aryan shook his head and kissed his forehead. "Mai tujhse kuch chupana nhi chahta, bachcha. Bas teri umr nhi hai abhi yeh sab janne ya sochne ki. Mai nhi chahta tu inn sab baaton me pade. Jab tak mai hoon mai tab tak tujhe yeh sab sochne ko zarurat nhi hai. Tu bas apni padhayi par dhyaan de aur life enjoy kar, hm?"

Ayaansh was touched. He knew Arnav didn't want to discuss their past with him but he hadn't thought that Arnav was thinking about him all the while.

"Ab kya sochne laga?"

Ayaansh smiled mad hugged him. "Aap world ke best Bhaiya ho, Bhaiya, bataya maine aapko?"

Arnav smiled and ruffled his hair.   It always filled his heart with contentment whenever Ayaansh told him that. Ayaansh's love was as innocent as Aryan's. Even after going through so much, the boy wore his emotions on his sleeves!

"I love you, Bhaiya!"

"I love you too, bachcha!"

Arnav switched on his flash as he entered his room. Ashi was already asleep. He didn't want to wake her up. He walked quietly to his bed and tucked the comforter around Ashi. He caressed her face.

Ashi opened her eyes as she felt Arnav's touch.

"Mujhe laga tum so rhi ho!"

Ashi smiled. "Sula diya sabko?"

She knew Arnav wouldn't come back untill he made sure all his brothers were sleeping peacefully. Sharda and Meera's arrival had shaken everyone's emotions and Arnav would, as always, put his own emotions aside and take care of theirs first.

Arnav smiled back. Her wife knew him inside out. "Haan. Ayu thoda pareshan tha par abhi so gya."

Ashi nodded. Even she could see the boy was troubled with Sharda and Meera's arrival but she also knew her husband would take care of things. She had also felt Aniket being uneasy but she shrugged it off.

"Aap khush hai na, Arnav?" She asked gently.

Arnav's eyes misted as he nodded slightly. Ashi sat up and hugged him. She could feel his agitation. After so many years, Arnav had come across someone from his past. And they were the people who had once loved him and she knew Arnav loved them back. She could see the spark in his eyes.

Arnav held on for some time before he pulled back. He looked at her and reached for her hands. "Bachcho ke liye pareshan ho?"

"I hope Ayu jyada affect na ho, Arnav..."

"Kuch nhi hoga, Ashi. Agar hua toh, him milke sambhal lenge."

Ashi nodded.

"So jao, Ashi, don't worry. Our boys will be fine!" Arnav kissed her forehead.

Ashi smiled. Their boys!
____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

I tried updating the character sketch with all the new characters but for some reasons Wattpad isn't letting me insert pictures. I'll try again in some time!

Also, the birthday girl has given me a beautiful return gift. The new cover of the book has been designed by her! As I already said, Wattpad isn't letting me insert pictures so please check out the cover of book!

Thank you very much, Sam! The book is looking beautiful just like you, because of you! CreatingFictions

Love,
Muskan

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.3K 1.3K 19
A Father who wants his son in embrace and on the other hand A son Who wants revenge,revenge of his mother's death and for revenge he can do anything...
28.7K 2.3K 20
A big brother who doesn't tolerate nonsense behaviour how will he tolerate a spoiled brat teenage ... . . . A boy who is deprived of love... Want to...
205K 12K 43
The feeling of being abandoned by one's own family was not unknown to Aadhira. She hates her family for abandoning her when she was only a newborn, l...