Melody Ziegler ➼ Dance Moms

By dancecarlz

Melody Raine Ziegler, Maddie and Mackenzie's little sister. The youngest daughter of the divorced Kurt and Me... More

.·:*¨¨* ≈☆≈ *¨¨*:·.
♫ Now Playing ♫
The Competition Begins
Wildly Inappropriate
Cheerleader Blues
Stealing The Show
When Stars Collide
Dying To Dance
She's A Fighter
Love On The Dance Floor
From Ballerina's To Showgirls
It All Ends Here
Cathy Brings It On
Everyone's Replaceable
Return of the Candy Apples
Brooke's Turning Point
No One Likes A Bully
Brooke's Back
Jill On The Rampage
Bullets And Ballet
The Runaway Mom
Miami Heat Wave
Melissa Pleads The Fifth
Waiting For Joffrey
Abbygeddon
The Battle Begins
Night Of The Living Dancers
I Know What You Did Last Competition
Maddie Has A Secret
How Do You Like Those Apples?
Worst Birthday Party Ever!
Guess Who's Back?
Break A Leg
Revenge of the Candy Apples
The Recital to End All Recitals
New Girl In Town
Solo Fever
Nationals 90210
The Beginning of The End
Out With The Old, In With The New
But I'm A National Champion!
Liar Liar Dance Mom On Fire!
Revenge of the Replacements
Boys Are Cuties, Girls Have Cooties
Rotten To The Core
You've Been Unfriended
Bye Bye Baby
All's Fair in Love and War
Camouflaged Maneuvers
The Apple of Her Eye
She's A Maniac
Watch Your Back, Zieglers
The Politics of Dancing
The View From The Top
Candy Apple Showdown
Boy Crazy, Mom Crazy
Two Girls, One Solo
A Chance of a Lifetime
Tap Versus Hip Hop
Recital Rebellion

May I Have This Dance?

314 10 0
By dancecarlz

"Let's go, let's go, let's go! Come on, girls, get in here." Abby yelled.

"On the presidential campaign, this means peace. But here at the Abby Lee Dance Company, it means second. Not only are we getting beat by Cathy's brilliant team of imports; we're getting beat by teachers I've never heard of before. All right, I want to get to the pyramid. First, I have Mackenzie. You didn't dance. Next, Paige. That flag was a symbol for everybody in that audience. Don't do a disservice to this country. And next, Kendall. We've worked on your facial expressions. They've improved. We've worked on your stamina. That's getting there. Now, focus. Wherever your eyes go, that's where the judges' eyes go. You can't watch Maddie like a member of the audience." Abby explained and Kendall nodded.

"Next... Melody. You did fine in the group dance. You didn't draw my eyes negatively, but you didn't draw my eyes positively, either. And next, I have Brooke. Brooke, during rehearsal, you did an outstanding job. Then we get onstage, and you go right by Asia and the flag, and then you have to wait four counts. You have to think onstage. Chloe. Chloe, you did a solo. You did a nice job. You were second only to Maddie. Corrections. Hyper-extending the elbows. Not lengthening the back of the knee. You can fix all those things. But you have to want to. And next, Nia. You did an outstanding job. I thought you looked good in the group. I noticed you in the group. I also noticed you were smart and you figured out you couldn't lift Asia until she got there. And next, Asia. You won the first overall high score in the petite division. I think that you're a little firecracker. And I think you step onstage and you cause an explosion. And, on top of the pyramid: Maddie... you were the overall high score of the junior division. Your friends voted for you, too. It was a good performance. You are the type of personality that this country was built on. You all know that song, 'America the Beautiful.' Maddie, you were America the Beautiful." Abby revealed the pyramid.

"Thank you." Maddie responded.

"You're welcome." Abby replied.

Maddie

Asia Nia Chloe

Brooke Melody Kendall Paige Mackenzie

"Now, before I get started on this week's assignments, I want to ask Mackenzie where your cast is. You should have an air cast on that foot." Abby stated. All of the attention shifted over to Mackenzie.

"My foot doesn't hurt anymore." Kenzie answered.

"And... where's your doctor's excuse?" Mom urged.

"Did you go to the doctor again?" Abby asked.

"No. Oh, wait, yeah." Kenzie answered. Oh no. Abby is about to go ballistic.

"No, you did not, Kenz. You didn't go back to the doctor." Mom responded.

"Can you... can you let me speak?" Kenzie asked.

"Tell her exactly what the doctor told you." Mom said.

"He said that it's okay to dance." Kenzie stated. Abby looked dumfounded.

"And how did he look at your foot again?" Abby questioned.

"He didn't." Kenzie answered. She seemed absolutely bored of this conversation. Since she has an extra bone in her foot, she just needed to rest. Repeated actions makes it inflamed.

"So, over the phone?" Abby asked.

"Well, he said that she has to rest it until it feels 100%. She knows her own body." Mom explained.

"She knows her own body? She can't even create a sentence to answer me with!" Abby retorted. I started shaking my head. This is going to be a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

"I'm sorry, the doctor said two weeks, and I don't feel comfortable going against his wishes. It has not been two weeks." Abby finished. I sighed and rubbed Kenzie's back.

"Let's talk about this week. We are headed to Energy Dance Competition in Youngstown, Ohio." Abby announced. Great, Cathy's probably going to be there.

"The group number is entitled 'Hear No Evil.' Everyone is in it, except Mackenzie. And Melody. And Maddie." Abby revealed. The three of us look at each other in shock.

"Maddie, you will not be dancing with the group in the group routine. You will be assisting me with the choreography. Melody, you are not in the group either because I want to work independently with you this week with a solo. It is entitled, 'Forever In My Heart.' Maddie, you will be doing a solo. The name of your solo is 'They'll Never Change.' Asia, you will be performing a duet. With Nia. The name of your routine is 'Move You Too.' And, Asia, I'm expecting my little fire cracker to light Nia up. We're gonna get Nia moving faster. Jumping higher. Nia, when Asia's leg... is up here, your leg better be up there. You can't be any less than Asia is onstage. I have one more solo. It's going to Chloe. It's contemporary, and the name of the routine is 'About Mother.' Moms, you are dismissed. Ladies, spread apart." Abby finished. After stretching, I went into the Dancer's Den since they were working on the group routine. I decided to work on some homework, but as always my friends were in there.

"Any new drama lately?" Olivia asked.

"Oh tons, nothing that new. Maddie is not in the group routine. She's the co-choreographer." I revealed.

"That's interesting. Wait– why aren't you in there rehearsing?" Hannah questioned.

"I'm not in the group dance either. Miss Abby says she wanted to work independently with me this week. I don't know what she means by that. Hopefully, it's okay." I shrugged.

"Well... I hope it turns out okay." Noah smiled.

"Thanks." I responded.

"Noah, I know you only have about a month here, so we should do something, as a group." Olvia suggested.

"I like that! Maybe we could go to Lakemont Park." Hannah added.

"That's a good idea. I've went there last year, so we should definitely go." Noah smiled.

"Let's just make sure it's a weekend I can go." I continued. We continued planning about our fun weekend.

"Hey, Mel! Abby said its your turn to rehearse." Chloe said, walking into the Dancer's Den.

"Okay, thanks Chlo!" I said, nervously walking into Studio A. Abby motioned for me to come over to her.

"I want to talk to you. All year long, you've been my big winner. Suddenly, Asia shows up while Mackenzie is hurt and she beats you. For the past two weeks, you've been dancing very timidly. It's like you just got reset back to your old self. Last year, you barely won and got in the top five multiple times. Now you can say I have a huge expectation for you, but that's the truth. You're a super strong dancer for your age, but your not having that spark like you did a few weeks ago. Asia rocked your whole world. Now let's get into the important stuff. Your solo is called, 'Forever In My Heart.' It's a contemporary solo with acro parts. It's what you do." Abby explained. I nodded while she talked to me. I'm just glad she didn't bring up me crying in the dressing room and almost forgetting my solo. I took a deep breath in before starting to work on my solo.

~

*Three Days Until Competition*

"Come on, I need everybody in Studio A. Everybody, come on." Abby announced.

"Bet you five bucks she found new rings for her collection." Noah nudged me.

"It wouldn't surprise me, but I'll hold you to that I bet it's something completely different." I smiled. Hannah and Olivia walked in a few seconds later.

"I have a big announcement to make. I just got a phone call, and I have been officially invited to be a guest host on The View." Abby revealed. I turned and looked at Noah.

"Looks like you owe me five bucks." I smirked before joining in on the cheering.

"A host?! Oh, my gosh!" Mom smiled.

"So, I will be hosting the entire hour of The View... Of course, I am going to have the Abby Lee Dance Company competition team, one of our winning group routines, perform on The View." Abby continued. We all started cheering again.

"Excited?" Abby asked.

"Yes!" Everyone responded.

"So, next week, we will be traveling to New York City." Abby said.

"Yay!"

"Yes!"

"Unfortunately, the lady from The View said I need to submit the routine that they're going to be performing tonight. So we need to do something that is... exciting, and something that lets people think." Abby stated.

"I like 'Your Dream Is My Dream.'" Paige suggested.

"You like that one?" Abby asked.

"That ones beautiful." Mom agreed.

"All right, spread apart. Let's go, let's go, let's go!" Abby yelled.

"I expect that five dollars soon." I nudged Noah who was walking out. In return, he playfully rolled his eyes before walking out. The girls started working on the group routine and I stayed to watch their progress. After group rehearsal, Abby wanted us to work on 'The Last Text.' I'm assuming that's probably the routine Abby wants to do. Asia runs Mackenzie's spot and I feel bad. Mackenzie was in the winning group, so she should be the one doing the dance. It's not her fault she has an extra bone in her foot!

~

*One Day Until Competition*

We walk into the studio for rehearsal. We only have one more day until competition.

"Hey." Maddie greeted.

"Hey, hey. How are you doing?" Abby responded.

"Good." Maddie responded. I simply smiled because I didn't feel like actually talking.

"You have to go this weekend. If I leave you at home and you dance all weekend, what if you get hurt again and you're not good for New York City? Then Asia's gonna be doing the view. Like, right now, Asia's rehearsing your spot." Abby told Mackenzie. I frowned. If Mackenzie feels like she is ready to dance she should be able to. We go to the Dancer's Den. Maddie and I are getting ready for rehearsals. I'm putting on my tap shoes since I have a private in about fifteen minutes in Studio C.

"I want to dance! I don't want to go to the competition and not dance." Mackenzie said with tears in her eyes.

"I know. I know you want to dance." Mom responded. I hugged Kenzie before going to stretch for my private. After my private I went to rehearse my solo one last time. I think my solo will go pretty well.

~

*Day of Competition*

We walk into the competition and no Cathy is found anywhere. This must be a blue moon. This is the first time in a long time where Cathy is not here! On her own turf even! We started setting up our makeup mirrors and our dressing stuff.

"I cannot believe that we are in Youngstown, Ohio... and there's– there's not apple sauce?" Abby questioned. We all cheered. This should be an easier weekend without Abby and the moms yelling at Cathy. I started stretching because my solo isn't for a while.

"Whoa, whoa, Mackenzie, what are you doing?" Abby questioned. My head turned to see Mackenzie with her boots on.

"This is hard cement– I need you to get a shoe on. This is the end of two weeks. Like the doctor originally said. The doctor with the, uh... the Iphone that can see through the phone to your foot and touch it and feel it." Abby retorted. Mackenzie then left to put an actual shoe on. After this event, I started getting ready for my routine. I did my makeup it was very simple and light. I got my hair done into a bun. I hurriedly put on my costume.

Chloe ran over her solo, then Maddie, then it was my turn. Abby gave me a few corrections, mainly about facials and to fully hit an extension. My music is only instrumental, so I have to focus on getting the counts fully correct.

"Where are Asia and Nia?" Abby asked. Like summoning them, the two girls walked into the dressing room with fully glam makeup. Abby high-fived both of the girls.

"Shangela would be proud! Can we see the drag walk now?" Abby asked. This time, Nia nailed the drag walk. The commotion slowed down, so now it's time to go perform.

"All right, let's go, let's go." Abby announced.

"Okay. The duo's not going on, right?" Holly questioned.

"They're not, yet. We have to get moving." Abby responded.

"But we'll come back for the duet? 'Cause they didn't have a chance to get pinned. Like, they just... they're not finished getting dressed." Holly explained. Asia and Nia stayed in the dressing room for a minute while the rest of us ran to the stage. I go after Maddie and Chloe.

"Our next entry is entry number twenty-seven, Chloe, performing to 'About Mother.'" Chloe walked out on stage. All I can say is wow. Her performance was spectacular. It was super breathtaking. Chloe was so gentle and fluid. She was also light on her feet. The costume swirled beautifully with every turn and her emotions were soft and heartfelt. The choreography was brilliant and Chloe danced gracefully.

"Chlo, that was amazing!" I smiled, jumping up and down.

"Thanks, Mel." Chloe smiled.

"Ladies and gentlemen, our next entry is number thirty, Maddie, performing to 'They'll Never Change.'" Maddie walked out to start her solo. Maddie's solo was also beautiful. I'm not sure who will win this weekend. Maddie did bobble some turns, but she was fluid, flexible, and nailed her turns at the end.

"Good job, Mad." I said, hugging her.

"Thanks." Maddie said out of breath.

"Next to the stage, entry number thirty-six, Melody, performing 'Forever In My Heart.'" I took a deep breath before walking out.

I think I did really well. I made sure to use emotion and really use those corrections.

"Good job, Mel!" Nia congratulated.

"Thanks, Nia." I smiled before grabbing a free water.

"All right, our next entry is number forty-four. 'Move You Too.'" The announcer said. I was shocked. They weren't supposed to perform for a while. They haven't even rehearsed any of the tricks or anything today! The girls went out to perform. They did really well for not rehearsing today. Both girls have more hard-hitting and sharp dance styles. The choreography was decent. Only problem was some partner work was awkward. Also, one dancer seemed to be in front or behind the other. We go back to the dressing room and the girls got ready for the group dance. Maddie and I walked backstage with the girls. Maddie was getting the girls ready by instructing them.

"You guys got this!" I cheered and high-fived them. They all did the team handshake before getting ready to perform.

"All righty, our last entry of the day is entry number fifty-seven, 'Hear No Evil.'" The girls walked out as Maddie and I cheered. The dance was a bit dull at parts, and there were occasional moments where some girls lacked energy and strength, but as a whole, it was mature, elegant, and dynamic choreographically. Since that was the last dance of the day, we walked out for awards. We have a dance party before settling down for awards.

*Awards*

"Let's start this out with our energy mini solo division. Fourth place, Mackenzie Delgado, 'Blah Blah Cha Cha.' Third place, Faith Barror, 'Coppelia Variation.' Second place, Morgan Kennedy, 'Spanish Rose.' First place... Also being crowned Miss Petite Energy. Melody Ziegler, with 'Forever In My Heart.'" I smiled while getting crowned.

"All right, our Energy junior solo division. In third place, 'Titanium.' One point separating first and second place. In second place... Chloe, performing to 'About Mother.' And our top overall Energy junior solo is Maddie, 'They'll Never Change.'" Maddie and Chloe get their awards and Maddie got crowned.

"We have our top overall Energy petite duo/trio. In third place, 'On Broadway.' In second place, 'Follow the Leader.' And our top overall Energy petite duet/trio... 'Move You Too.'" Nia and Asia got their award.

~

"Our power petite small group. Top award goes to entry number thirty-three, 'Runaway Babies.' Our Energy junior small group top overall winner goes to 'Hear No Evil.'" I cheered as the girls went up. The rest of awards finished and we go back to the dressing room.

"Congratulations! Congrats to everybody. Everybody did well. In the clothes that you have on right now, I'd like you to run 'The Last Text.' Since we're doing it next week, I want to see if I want to make any changes." Abby instructed. We started running the dance in the dressing room. We finish running the dance and Abby still isn't sure who is in the group dance. Abby leaves the room and we finish getting packed up. Interesting way to finish a week.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.4K 473 23
Alison Montgomery has been dancing at the aldc since she was 3. She is considered Abby's "star". One day, she is selected to be on a new reality tv s...
15.1K 229 29
Y/n Lukasiak is living in the shadow of her older sister Chloe and her friend Mackenzie but what happens when she is put on the competition team with...
10.6K 298 41
Alessia (Ale) Russo and Madison (Maddie) Ziegler... when you hear those names you think of Abby Lee Millers golden girls. They have been the favorite...
60.3K 2.6K 43
"Just like first love, you give everything and you give too much." Mackenzie Ziegler and her sister Maddie are well-known reality TV stars from Dance...