Let There Be Light

By CarnivalCarnage

**Simon "Ghost" Riley x You (Female named Harley)** You're a private military contractor who has been looking... More

Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
Chapter Twenty Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty Two
Chapter Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Chapter Thirty Five
Chapter Thirty Six
Chapter Thirty Seven
Chapter Thirty Eight
Chapter Thirty Nine
Chapter Forty
Chapter Forty One
Chapter Forty Two
Chapter Forty Three
Chapter Forty Four
Chapter Forty Five
Chapter Forty Six
Chapter Forty Seven
Chapter Forty Eight
Chapter Forty Nine
Chapter Fifty
Chapter Fifty One
Fin

Chapter Seventeen

683 20 12
By CarnivalCarnage

               The air was no longer light and peaceful. The atmosphere had changed around you as if a storm was coming in. The night was clear and beautiful, but your mind was starting the 'perfect storm'. You watched him walk out of the bedroom and left you there in the empty room. A sigh passed your lips and you told yourself that nothing was going to ruin this for you. You had too much on your mind to let a man throw your mission at hand off.

You head to the elegant bathroom to shower. The sound of rain echoed off the stone walls as water ran down your body and dropped onto the floor. You felt a pair of eyes on you as the bathroom door was cracked open, but you never turned around to see if anyone was there. Millions of thoughts crossed your mind on how you were going to do tomorrow – and still, not one was able to stick. Anxiety had a hold on your body, and it only grew the later the night got.

Beads of water fell down your back from your long hair. You wrapped a towel around your body and walk to the mirror. You take your hand and wipe off the condensation, only to stare at yourself. You swallowed hard and just like turning on a light, a thought crossed your mind of something that might work. The void of desperation was soon overcome with determination and the longer you stared, the more confident you became about tomorrow.

You break away your gaze to pull your clothes out of your bag, only to realize you didn't pack for a 'wine and dine' experience. Two white robes caught your attention hanging off the door. A deep breath fills your lungs, and you snatch one off the door, drop the towel and tying the robe around you. You brush out your hair, leave the bathroom and head towards the balcony.

This was a sight you could get used to. There were two chairs on the balcony. You sat in the one to your left and propped your feet on the railing – watching people walk by and looking out onto the calm city. The lock to the bedroom clicked, but you didn't bother looking – assuming it was him. His masculine form made his way towards you and made himself comfortable in the other chair. He positioned himself in his usual stance, legs spread wide.

You could feel his gaze on you, and you could see his head move slightly as he eyed your body. The way you were sitting, your legs and thighs were exposed and since you had your feet on the railing, the view stopped right before your ass. Giving him just enough to let his mind wonder. The front of the robe had opened a little more – showing off your cleavage nicely. Not too much, but just enough.

"Any ideas for tomorrow?" he asks, breaking the silence.

"Something came to mind, but I'm still unsure on it." You don't look at him when you answer but continue to watch the city. "But don't worry, I'll think of something. I always do." You tried to cut back on the heavy atmosphere, but that didn't seem to work.

He doesn't respond. An aggravated puff of air escaped through your nostrils. It aggravated you that you couldn't figure him out and when you think you had, he changes. It drove you crazy.

"Have you ever shown anyone your face?" Ghost tensed at that question, and you took note that it struck a nerve. You watch his chest bow out from a deep breath that he took.

"You should know, you read my file." The sinister bile tone made you cock your head at him. You were taken aback by his reply. Amber clashed with green once again and fire built in your chest.

"If you're waiting on an apology, keep waiting" you spit out. "I'm not sorry for what I did to you. Not one bit. I was doing my job and at the time, I was doing what I thought was right. I'm not going to apologize for that." Your tone was harsh and bitter. You watched him swallow hard hoping it was his pride.

He stands abruptly and goes to storm off. You grab onto his right arm firmly to stop him. "But what I will tell you", You say softly, "I am sorry for what you had to go through as a child". His body tensed under your grasp. You noticed his head cock to partially look at you. "Noone, especially a child should have to go through what you had to go through."

His body relaxed subtly, but he removed his arm from your grasp and walked back into the suite. Your ears perked when you heard clanking of what sounded like glass. He walks back out onto the balcony with two glasses and a bottle of whiskey. He takes his seat, opens the bottle, and pours you and him a glass. He hands you yours and you nod your head, thanking him.

This whiskey warmed your body but burned your throat. It was something you enjoyed. Pain and pleasure. A few moments pass and he breaks the silence, "The other night, you made a comment." Your eyes shoot to him confused. "Fuck love." A solemn look falls over your face. You remove your eyes from him and back to the Eifel Tower. The whiskey in your hand, you chug back – your face scrunching up from the bitterness. You grab the bottle of whiskey and pour yourself another one.

A tingling feeling wrapped around your body. Drinking on an empty stomach was never a great idea. You knew he didn't ask directly, but also knew what he was getting at. You let a few minutes go by before opening your mouth, "I was engaged." You take another gulp. It felt weird being that you had never told anyone this story and was hoping you would take this to the grave, but something about him, you knew you were safe and could trust.

"We were together for three years. The best three years of my life" you pause, "Or so I thought." Another gulp of whiskey. "He was the best. He made me laugh like no one else could. We went places together. Everyone loved him. Even my par-"you stop yourself. You finish your second glass of whiskey and pour yourself another.

That warm buzzed feeling filled your body and the heat between your legs made itself known. You swallow hard. "My parents loved him" you finished. You took a few more swigs before speaking again, your words becoming slightly slurred. "S-sorry. I've never talked about this to anyone be-before." He says nothing, but his eyes say it all. 'I know'.

"Th-the day my parents were murdered, I had heard commotion downstairs. I was in my room and didn't know wh-what was going on. I walk out, and see a bunch of men in masks, but there was one man in particular I will never forget." You take another sip. "He was tall. German accent and wore what looked like a t-shirt with holes cut in it over his face".

"Konig" Ghost says immediately.

"W-who?"

"He's the lieutenant for The Shadows. Grimy fucker." You could hear the hatred in his voice.

The alcohol finally made it into your system, and you felt great, "Yeah, that guy." Ghost looked at you and chuckled. The warmth between your legs became more intense. You hated the way he made you feel. No, you loved it, but hated it at the same time.

"An-anyway. Long story short" you slur, "He was working for The Shadows and was only using me to get to my family. He killed my dad in front of me and two other men forced me to watch." You clench your teeth and look up to the sky hoping this keeps the tears from falling down your face.

"Sam." His name left his lips. He wasn't questioning but telling you.

You jerk your head towards him with tears at the brim of your eyes, "How did you know?"

"You scream his name in your sleep." Thoughts of the night terrors you have been having invaded your mind. Another sip of whiskey passes through your lips.

"I cant wait for the day I lay eyes on him and kill the motherfucker." Ghost chuckled again at your slurred words. You tried to sound as harsh as possible, but even he couldn't take you seriously saying that in the drunken state you were in.

You set your drink down and attempt to stand up. Your ass was tired of sitting. You grab onto the railing of the balcony to hold yourself up and when you moved, so did the rest of the world. You flutter your eyes hoping that this would focus your vision. You swayed back and forth while holding onto the railing and your skin flared when you felt a hand on your lower back.

You could see him out the corner of your eye to the right of you. They say Paris is the city for romance, and this city was doing something to you. The heat between your legs began to throb and you needed to crave the hunger. You felt his hand remove from your back and seen him reach into his pocket. A warm light flickered, and a puff of smoke emerged. You turn to look at him and notice that he pulled his mask up just enough to smoke a cigarette.

Your teeth found your bottom lip and you bit down at the sight of him. You needed his lips on you. You needed them on every inch of you. The stubble on his face complimented his lips and jaw and defined him for who he was. Ridged and edgy. You swallow hard as you continue to stare at him. He takes note of this, flicks his cigarette, and looks at you.

"See something you like?" That dark tone almost pushed you over the edge. Your eyes were slightly lidded, causing you to look at him seductively. You noticed this about Ghost. He liked to tease. He called you his 'little mouse' because he was the cat. He enjoyed a good hunt, and you were what he was hunting.

"Ye-"you stop yourself. "Maybe." A part of you was hoping he wouldn't catch that. The devilish smirk on his face told you otherwise. He takes one last drag off the cigarette before flicking it over the balcony. You watched as the red ember collided with the sidewalk, breaking apart as it hit.

Ghost reaches up to pull his mask back down and before he could, you lunge forward and wrap your arms around his neck. Your breath hitched in your throat when you felt his arms wrap around you. His eyes stare into yours and yours stare back into his and they both say the same thing. Lust. You lean forward to press your lips into his.

Banging on the suite door caused you to gasp. You close your eyes in frustration and unwrap your arms from his neck. He pulls his mask back down, lets go of you, turning and heads to the door. The heat between your legs now disappearing from the sudden interruption. You were so close. So close to feeling how soft his lips were.

The door opens and its Soap. He's wasted. "What were you two lovebirds in here doing" he coos.

"Johnny" Ghost says in a daring tone. Soap holds his hands up in his defense. You step back into the suit readjusting your robe, face flushed.

Soap looks at you and a grin forms on his face, "What?" you question him wide eyed. Your eyes go from his to Ghosts.

"Nothing." The grin on his face remained. Ghost turns and heads towards the bathroom, shutting the door, but not all the way. You hear the shower turn on and instead of being here in the living room with Soap, you would much rather be pushed against the shower wall with his lips all on you.

Soaps voice interrupted your thoughts, "He cares for you."

You jerk your head back – a bit taken aback from his words. You sit down at the opposite end of the couch but turn towards him. Soap takes note of the confused look on your face. "We all see the way you two look at each other. LT has never had anyone. Everyone he's ever had, left or died."

"Wait" you slur, "He's never been with anyone?"

Soap laughs, "LT has been with women, just none he found worthy of keeping around. He's never had a girlfriend or spouse if that's what you're wondering."

A bit of jealousy bit at you, but curiosity as well. Your mind pondered on how he was in bed. "But there is something about you" Soap continues, breaking your train of thought. Your eyes met his, "Something about you that makes him" he pauses, "Different. In a good way" he finished off.

You get off the couch and head back to the balcony to grab your glass and the bottle of whiskey. You hold up the bottle to signal to Soap if he wanted any, "Yes please" he slurs out.

You pour yourself another glass, knowing this is a bad decision and handing the little bit of whiskey left to him. Soap puts the bottle to his lips and chugs.

"Don't take this the wrong way Harley" he says. "You both have been through hell and back. You both need each other."

You bit your bottom lip and looked towards the bathroom door. The shower still on and the sounds of water hitting the floor penetrated your ears.

"Well," he says as he gets up, "I'm going to leave you to it." With that, he walks out the door. You get off the couch and head towards the bed. The light of the bathroom caught your attention as you passed by, and your eyes found him. You hissed to yourself when the steam had covered the glass in the areas you wanted to see most. Your eyes trailed over him. The only parts visible were his strong back, wide shoulders and his dirty blonde hair. The longer you stared, you noticed pinkish scars on his back – similar to yours.

The shower turns off and you quickly make your way to the bed, not wanting him to see you and feel betrayed because he wasn't wearing his mask. You crawl into bed and turn your back towards the bathroom. The room felt like it was spinning the moment you closed your eyes. Nausea swept over you and luckily the only thing that calmed you, was the moment of you and him on the balcony. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

112K 2K 28
(A re-telling of the Modern Warfare 2 campaign) All Ghost had ever known was war. He's sworn to himself never to trust anyone anymore. So when he mee...
315K 8.9K 77
A killer. That is who you truly are. Unable to love and run away from your past and future. But the moment you meet Ghost you start to change. And yo...
105K 1.3K 13
One shots about all the COD guys! More info about requests in the first chapter. (Yes I know Keegan and König aren't part of 141, and no I do not car...
524K 14.9K 88
𝑺𝑰𝑴𝑶𝑵 '𝑮𝑯𝑶𝑺𝑻' 𝑹𝑰𝑳𝑬𝒀 .・。.・゜✭・.・✫・゜・。. ˚₊· ͟͟͞͞➳❥ Why she was attracted to the man hiding behind a mask, she couldn't understand. It...