Dhadkan (Book 1 - Singhania B...

Galing kay Amateurmisswriter_

Three brothers who shared nothing but the love they had for each other. A ten year old child who had been aba... Higit pa

Prologue
Character Sketch
Part 1 : The longingness
Part 2 : Family dynamics
Part 3 : Realisations
Part 4 : Definition of family
Part 5 : Fears of past
Part 6 : Budding relationships
Part 7 : A wicked man
Part 8 : Memories
Part 9 : The past
Part 10 : Bhaiya
Part 11 : Arnav Singhania
Part 12 : First step of acceptance
Part 13 : Fear of abandonment
Part 14 : Healing
Part 15 : Assurances
Part 16 : Family
Part 17 : Circumstances
Part 18 : Engagement
Part 19 : Changed dynamics
Part 20 : Ayaansh Singhania
Part 21 : Trust
Part 23 : Family
Part 24 : Grateful to have you!
Part 25 : Bhabhi
Part 26 : The shared pain
Part 27 : Song made up of heartbeats!
Part 28 : The unforeseen happenings
Part 29 : The depth of love
Part 30 : The epiphany
Epilogue
ROOH (BOOK 2)

Part 22 : Brothers

3.3K 300 71
Galing kay Amateurmisswriter_

Aniket slumped down on the couch as soon as entered home. He removed his shoes and pulled a pillow below his neck. He closed his eyes and almost drifted off on the sofa itself when someone shook him awake. He opened his eyes to glare at the person but smiled when he saw Arnav. He rubbed his eyes.

"Aap soye nhi ab tak?"

"Kaam kar rha tha, tu kahan tha do din se?" Arnav gave him water.

"Abhi nhi yaar, Bhaiya. Kal subah daant lena aap." Aniket gulped down the water and laid back tiredly. "Vaise bhi aapke clan of soilders ne aapko bata diya hoga na."

Arnav shook his head to himself. The security team did update him but Aniket himself never failed to drop him a text about his whereabouts whenever he was late or wasn't coming back home.

"Don't sleep here, Ani. Body pain se royega kal phir."

"I don't cry, Bhaiya." Aniket said offended.

"Yeah, I know." Arnav sighed. "Get up. Eat something and then go to sleep."

"I haven't slept for two days, Bhaiya. Sone do mujhe. I'll eat later." Aniket said as he leaned back again.

"Ani, yahan mat so yaar, uth." Arnav tried to pull him up.

"I'm tired, Bhaiya." Aniket mumbled half asleep already. "Sone do na.'

Arnav sighed seeing the exhaustion on his face. He tried getting up but Aniket had his hand in his grip, comfortably using it as his pillow. He tried to pull back but Aniket refused to let go. Arnav sat back with him.

"Sona nhi, Ani. Khake so jana please." Arnav patted his cheeks lightly. Aniket didn't budge. Arnav tried coaxing him to get up.

At last Arnav pulled him up and almost dragged him to his room. Aniket was dead on his feet. Arnav left his hand and made him sit on the bed. He walked to his cupboard and got him change of clothes.

"Change kar le, Ani." Arnav said as he opened his tie and watch for him. "You'll feel better. Do din se bahar tha, go and change."

"Meri aankhein nhi khul rhi, Bhaiya. Aur sir bhi dard ho rha hai. Sone do na please." Aniket said dropping his head on Arnav's shoulders and letting him do whatever he was doing.

Arnav sighed. "Change kar ke kuch khale phir so jana, bachcha. Come on, get up."

Aniket didn't even lift up his head.

"Don't force me to whack you into listening, Ani. Chal uth aur change kar. Bhookha hoga tu isliye sir dard ho rha hai."

Aniket grunted and grabbed the clothes Arnav had taken out. By the time he got changed, Arnav had gotten his dinner. He saw Arnav sitting on the bed and sat down beside him. Arnav forwarded a morsel to him. Aniket sighed but ate. He knew Arnav wouldn't let him sleep without eating. Also, he was too tired to protest.

"Aapne khaya?"

"Haan, tu kha."

Aniket stopped him after a few bites. "Bas ho gya, Bhaiya. I'm full."

"You haven't even finished one roti. Chup chap kha." Arnav glared at him when he tried to protest.

Aniket scowled but ate a few more bites.

"Sometimes you make me feel like a kid, Bhaiya. Bachcha thodi hoon mai?"

"Haan, par bachcho se bhi jyada bachpane wali harkatein hai teri."

"Kya bachpana kiya maine?" Aniket glared at him.

Arnav smiled. "Kuch nhi, wakil sahab, yeh sab baatein kal kar lijiye. Abhi tak toh aankhein nhi khul rhi thi aapki?"

Aniket so wanted to whine but that would just prove his brother's point so he remained quiet. Arnav fed him rest of the dinner and got up. Aniket made him sit back by holding his wrist and leaned into his embrace.

Arnav put the plate aside and made room for himself, letting Aniket sleep in a comfortable position. Aniket smiled and closed his eyes.

"Bhaiya?"

"Hm?"

"Aap bhi kha lo jake."

Aniket mumbled sleepily. He had texted Arnav earlier in the evening that he would come home by night. He knew his brother must have been waiting for him. He always did.

Arnav tapped his forehead lightly and Aniket was alseep in hardly few minutes. Arnav looked at his younger brother. He smiled fondly thinking it was the same person who was complaining about being treated as a kid just few minutes back and was now sleeping like a baby holding onto him. Aniket was always like that. He never had to demand for attention, he always made sure to have his share of love through these moments. Arnav ran an indulgent hand through Aniket's hair as he pressed a kiss on his forehead, shifting his head to the pillow and pulled over the comforter before leaving.

"Bhaiyu!!"

Ayaansh and Aryan came to Aniket's room and scoffed finding him asleep. Ayaansh had told Aryan about the musical fest and they both came to talk to Aniket about the same. Aryan frowned. Here his Bhaiyu was sleeping peacefully after making them wait for him for so long.

Aryan looked at Ayaansh who immediately shook his head. He had become well aware of his brother's mischiefs. "Chal yahan se."

"Kya yaar, Bhai!" Aryan whined.

"Subah subah maar khana hai tujhe?"

"Kuch nhi hoga, Bhai, chill." Aryan's eyes glinted with mischief.

"Aru, nahi..."

Before Ayaansh could do anything, Aryan filled up a glass of water and was about to splash it on Aniket's face when someone caught his hands just in time. Aryan assumed it was Ayaansh and looked up with a glare but his eyes widened as he saw Ashi glaring at him.

Ayaansh palmed his face. Aryan was a gone case now.

"Bhabhi.." Aryan gulped.

Ashi dragged him out of the room. Ayaansh ran behind.

"Kya kar rha tha?" Ashi left his hand as soon as they were out of hearing distance.

"Kuch nhi, Bhabhi..." Ayaansh trailed off when Ashi shifted his attention to him.

"Aryan!"

"Bhaiyu se baat karni thi toh utha rha tha." Aryan pulled off the most innocent face he could.

"By splashing water on him?"

"Bhai ko Bhaiyu se zaroori kaam tha, Bhabhi. Sachii, puchho aap Bhai se hi?"

Ashi caught his ears and gave it a twist. "Ouch..Bhabhiiii"

"Kya keh raha tha bol?"

"Ahh.. sorry, Bhabhi.."

"Shararat khatm nhi hoti na teri?"

Aryan bit his cheeks from inside and his eyes filled up instantly. "Lag rhi hai, Bhabhi.."

Ashi left the ear immediately. Her anger was replaced by only concern. "Jyada jor se lag gyi, bachcha? I'm sorry..."

Aryan had to bite his lips again to not laugh out. Even after being versed with his every tricks over the years, his Bhabhi melted faster than ice seeing his tears. That had saved him over thousand times now. It was one weapon he wouldn't give up on for his life.

"Sorry, Bhabhi..."

"Koi baat nhi, bachcha." Ashi wiped his tears. "Chal mai breakfast deti hoon."

Aryan hugged Ashi and turned back to winked at Ayaansh who stood there, too amused by the act the brat had put up. He was sure it wasn't the first time he did that. He wondered if it always worked or his brother just got lucky this time.

"Tu bhi aaja, Ayu. You guys are getting late for school." Ashi called out and Ayaansh followed them down.

"Bhaiya kahan hai, Bhabhi?"

"Arnav toh office chale gye." Ashi replied as she served them the breakfast.

Their faces fell listening to that. Arnav dropped them school himself on most of the days. Aniket was just descending down the stairs when he heard them and saw their sad faces.

"Guys, I was wondering who wants to go gaming zone today?" Aniket asked while he ruffled their hairs.

Their eyes lit up at the mention of gaming zone. Both of them shouted at once. Aniket promised to take them after their school and walked inside the kitchen.

"Good morning, Ashi." Aniket greeted. "Ek coffee bana degi please?"

Ashi put the boiler on without giving him a reply.

"How was your meeting yesterday?" Aniket asked casually.

Ashi didn't say anything.

Aniket looked at her and then smiled. "Gussa ho mujhse?"

Ashi didn't dignify his question with an answer. He turned her around and made her look at him.

"Sorry yaar, Ashi, bohot kaam tha sach me."

Ashi glared at him. "Do din tak ghar se bahar rehke kaam karna jaroori nhi hai. Ghar aake bhi kaam kar sakte ho na?"

"Achcha thik hai, aage se dhyaan rakhunga. I'll not do it again."

Ashi gave him a suspicious look.

"I'll try to not...."

Ashi whacked him.

"Itna toh Bhaiya bhi nhi maarte mujhe!" Aniket complained.

"Bhaiya ka pata nhi, par aage se aise ghar se bahar rhe toh Bhabhi aise hi maaregi. Remember that." Ashi warned him and turned to get him his coffee.

Aniket stared at her. She made it sound so simple. Till now he hadn't realised, she was no more just his best friend, she was his elder brother's wife. His Bhabhi. His heart warmed up at how Ashi exerted her right without making it obvious.

Ashi handed him his cup of coffee and left from there.

At school, Ayaansh thought to have lunch with Aryan that day as both Rihaan and Swara were not present. He looked up in the sky and glared at the sun. "Itni jyada chamakne ki kya zaroorat hai? Earth is getting more than enough of sunlight."

He glared harder, as if that was gonna make the sun hide itself behind the clouds.

"Ayaansh?"

Ayaansh turned around to see their principal, Mr. Sinha standing there.

"Yes, sir?"

"I wanted to talk to you about that day." Mr. Sinha sighed. "I've talked to their parents and..."

"It wasn't my fault, sir. I'll not apologize, if that's what you want me to do." Ayaansh cut him off politely.

Mr. Sinha was taken aback by his confident voice. He was polite but firm. Mr. Sinha nodded. "I know it wasn't your fault. I'm not here to ask you to apologise, instead I want to tell you that they have apologized to you and assured me of their children behaviour from here on. You've nothing to worry for."

Ayaansh nodded. "Thank you very much, sir."

"Uh, also," Mr. Sinha hesitated for a moment. "I hope you'll convey this message to Mrs. Singhania and assure her of everything being fine."

"Bhabhi?" Ayaansh asked, both surprised and confused at Aashika's mention.

Mr. Sinha nodded. "I'll personally assure Mrs. Singhania that this sort of behaviour will not be entertained inside school premises again but I'm sure both Mr. and Mrs. Singhania will be more satisfied if you say it yourself."

Ayaansh nodded. He wondered what did his Bhabhi that forced the principal to himself approach him. Whatever it was, he was grateful. Also, gleeful.

Aniket let the boys run wild in the arcade. They were enjoying to their heart's content. With Arnav, they couldn't take so many of liberties but with Aniket they just threw caution in the air and did everything that came in their mind. Aniket didn't bother to stop them at all, so much for an elder brother. They played in the arcade for four hours before Aryan came and leaned on Aniket's shoulder.

"Thak gaya finally?" Aniket smiled.

"Haan, Bhaiyu, aaj toh maza aa gya"

Ayaansh also came with a water bottle and gave it to Aryan who gulped it down in one go. Ayaansh and Aniket laughed.

"Abey, aaram se, uda nhi ja rha paani." Ayaansh chided.

Aryan shrugged off.

They went to shop a bit as Aryan wanted some stationary items. Aniket let them go in and waited outside for the shop. They were randomly walking around the shop when Aryan suddenly started craving chocolates by seeing so many in front of him. He turned to Ayaansh. "Bhai, chocolates le lu mai?"

Ayaansh shrugged. "Mujhse kyun puch rha hai? Bhaiyu se puch na!"

"Par Bhaiyu toh bahar hai, aapse hi puchhunga na? Bolo na le lu mai?" Aryan gave him a pleading look. He never picked up things without permission and with his Bhaiya not present with them and Bhaiyu outside the shop, he turned to Ayaansh by default.

Ayaansh nodded slightly. He was touched by Aryan's innocent love. His actions proved over and over again that he truly considered him as his brother. He understood his feelings. It wasn't about just chocolates, it was about his habit of asking for permission.

Aryan picked up his favourite chocolates. Ayaansh, too, picked up one. Aryan saw that and cringed. "Dark chocolate kon khata hai, Bhai? Karela hi khalo yaar."

Ayaansh rolled his eyes. "Mai khata hoon. It's much healthier than those loads of sugar in your hands."

"Kaha toh, karela hi kha lo aap. It's even healthier than that."

Ayaansh shook his head and asked him to go to the billing counter. Aniket had already swiped the card. They only had to take the bill and collect things. They came out of the shop and sat in the car where Aniket was waiting for them.

"Le liya sab?" Aniket asked as he started driving.

The boys nodded their heads. Aryan nudged Ayaansh to talk.

"Bhaiyu?" Ayaansh called out.

"Haan, bol?"

"You know about this musical fest next month?"

Aniket nodded. Everyone knew about it. It was the biggest musical fest of their city. When Ayaansh remained silent, Aniket tilted his head to glance at his little brother. He could see Ayaansh was hesitating. He pulled the car to halt and turned to Ayaansh.

"You've an amazing voice, Ayu. You should definitely try for it."

Ayaansh looked up startled.

"It isn't rocket science to know what's going on in the head of yours!" Aniket smiled at him. "Tere school me abhi sirf fest ki preparation chal rhi hogi na?"

Ayaansh nodded.

"You should try, Ayu. I really think you'll get in. It's a huge opportunity for you."

"But I don't think I'm ready, Bhaiyu." Ayaansh said slowly. "There will be big names all around. I don't stand a chance."

"Yeh bhi tu hi decide karega?" Aniket hit him on his head lightly. "Dekh, bachcha, I understand what you're saying. Tera point sahi hai but try karne me kya jata hai? And all these big names started with nothing, Ayu. Even they had a first time."

Ayaansh thought over it.

"Take your time to think over it. It's a great opportunity." Aniket said gently and started the car.

"Mujhe kuch baat karni thi tum dono se." Aniket said after a minute making them shift their attention to him.

"Kya, Bhaiyu?"

"Don't you guys think we should plan something for Ashi?"

"Matlab?"

"Dono ke dono gadhe ho." Aniket jibed. "We haven't done anything for her welcome! Shaadi ke baad ki koi bhi rasm nhi ki humne!"

The boys looked at each other as the realisation dawned upon them. They hadn't welcomed Ashi as their Bhabhi at all.

"Kuch karte hai, Bhaiyu." Ayaansh said. "Bhaiya aur Bhabhi toh office aur Ghar me hi busy reh jayenge. Hum hi kuch plan karte hai."

Aryan thought and suddenly remembered something. "Aaj 22nd hai na, Bhaiyu?"

"Haan, kyun?"

"25th ko Bhabhi ka birthday hai. Yaad nhi aapko?"

"Oh, haan." Aniket rubbed his forehead. He had completely forgotten about that.

"Arey, yeh toh achchi baat hai na? Uss din hi surprise rakhte hai. Double celebration!" Ayaansh said.

"Bhaiyu, Rithvik Bhai ki family ko invite kar le? Badi mumma rahegi toh woh saari rasm achche se kar lengi." Aryan suggested.

Aniket agreed. They knew nothing about the traditions or rituals they had to do after wedding. Having someone elder would be really helpful.

"Aap log Rithvik Sir ki baat kar rhe ho? Rihaan ke Bhaiya?"

Aniket nodded and Aryan looked at him surprised. "Aap jaante ho Rihaan Bhai ko?"

"Rihu iska best friend hai." Aniket replied and then looked at Ayaansh. "Tu Rithvik Bhai se baat kar lena, Ayu."

"Mai? Rithvik sir se?" Ayaansh asked in shock.

Aniket chuckled seeing his expressions. Like every other kid who knows music, he was also a fanboy it seemed. "Haan, he will give you better suggestion than me"

"Mai kya baat karunga, Bhaiyu?"

"Woh jab ghar aayenge tab baat kar lena. I only gave you my opinion but he's a composer who knows to recognise real talent. He can give you some real advice."

Ayaansh gulped. Rithvik was his idol. He didn't even know if he would be able to open his mouth in front of him.

"Arey yaar, pehle Rithvik Bhai aur Bhaiya, phir Bhaiyu aur Rishaan Bhai aur ab aap aur Rihaan Bhai." Aryan whined. "Ek mai hi left out hoon yahan"

Aniket and Ayaansh laughed out hearing him. Indeed, he was the only one left out.

"Haso mat aap log." Aryan pouted and then said cutely. "Mai aise hi thik hoon. Sabse chhota aur sabka favourite!"

"Tu aur favourite?"

"Itna bada jhooth kisne bola tujhse?"

Aryan glared at them. "Chidha lo aap log. Bhaiya ka favourite toh mai hi hoon. He loves me the most."

"Dream on, kid." Aniket siad and hi fived with Ayaansh.

Aryan sulked. "Mujh se koi pyaar nhi karta."

"Bilkul bhi nhi."

Arnav shut his laptop and got up to leave the office. He walked out of his cabin and saw Aashika's cabin's light was in. He frowned and went in to check.

"Tum abhi tak ghar nhi gyi, Ashi?"

Ashi looked up from her table at Arnav and then at clock. She sighed. She completely lost the track of time. She had missed out on a lot during her break and now it was getting hectic to catch up on every detailing.

"Chalte hai, Arnav. Ho gya Mera kaam." She said and shut down her laptop.

"Kya hua? Kuch issue hai kya?" Arnav asked, taking a seat opposite to her.

Ashi shook her head. There were some minor issues that she could handle just fine. "Nothing to be worried about. I'll take care."

Arnav nodded. He trusted Ashi to do the needful. "Kuch khaya tumne?"

Ashi nodded. She had enough idiots for staying hungry. If she started skipping meals, it would be tough job to chide them for doing the same.

"Ayaansh ke principal se kya baat ki tumne?"

"Nothing that's needed to be discussed again, Arnav. Did he call you?"

Arnav nodded. His wife in that mode was a force to reckon with.

"Mujhe pata nhi tha meri biwi itni dangerous hai?" Arnav asked with a teasing glint in his voice.

Ashi smiled. "Aapko apni biwi ke baare me nhi pata toh galti kiski hui?"

"Hmm, let's change it then, shall we?" Arnav said as he got up and pulled Ashi towards himself.

"Arnav, office hai..."

Ashi stopped as Arnav's phone rang. Arnav looked at the unknown number and picked it up. "Hello?"

Whatever was said from the other side made Arnav numb. "Send me the address. Mai aata hoon."

Ashi looked at him with worried expression. "Koi problem hai, Arnav?"

Arnav shook his head. "Tum ghar jao, Ashi. Mai thodi der me aata hoon."

"Par hua kya, Arnav? Where are you going?"

"I'll explain everything once I come back. Abhi ke liye go home. I'll come after some time."

"Arnav.."

"Go home, Ashi. Everything's fine." Arnav kissed her forehead and left from there.
____________________________________

A/n

How was the chapter?

Favourite character or scene?

I'll update the character sketch in some time, adding the new characters. You guys can drop down suggestions who you want as Birla brothers.

One more thing, would you guys like to read sequel of this book? I was thinking of ending this book with 30 chapters and start the second book. Please drop down your opinion about the same!

Hope you guys liked it!

Love,
Muskan

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

29K 2.3K 20
A big brother who doesn't tolerate nonsense behaviour how will he tolerate a spoiled brat teenage ... . . . A boy who is deprived of love... Want to...
80.7K 5.4K 53
A woman for whom money and Business is everything, that She plans to destroy her own family. A sister who left her own brother, her Bhai just to prot...
490K 30K 76
" Avneet.... Arghh... (squealing in pain). Hey.. Don't worry, I'm fine. Actually I wanted to tell you when I came here not telling you. But, when...
13.8K 920 11
Four Brothers and One Sister! A sister who stayed with her mother away from her brothers. She saw and went through enough in her life at a young age...