On My Mind |WTM: Harry Pott...

By PrincessAliseSwan

What if the professors, the marauders, and everyone from hogwarts were brought together to watch the lives of... More

Author Notes
Cast
The Houses Gather
Ursa Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
The Dursleys
Gamekeeper and Keeper of Keys and Grounds
Diagon Alley
Inheritance
Guests from 1940

Under The Cupboard & Up In The Attic

2.3K 85 9
By PrincessAliseSwan

Back at the Dursleys', Petunia and bundled up Dudley hurry into the house. 

" It's all right, sweetheart,'' Petunia assured her son as they walked into the living area.

Harry, Vernon, and Ursa enter the house next  Vernon slammed the from door closed before shoving Harry against the wall by the stairs. Their uncle grabbing hold of the young boys hair.

Hermione was outraged, glaring at the brunette that was sat at Ravenclaw, " Why didn't you say anything to stop it?!'' she yelled.

" It would have only made it worse,'' Ursa replied coldly.

Lily shook her head wondering where her and James went wrong, " He's still your brother.''

Shocking everyone Regulus defended the young girls action, " What good would it have done, clearly this man doesn't see reason.''

Lily glared at the young slytherin, " Didn't Sirius defend you when you children.''

" Evans,'' Sirius hissed at her angrily, " Though Prongs is my best mate, don't speak of things you know very little about.''

James wanted to defend Lily, but he knew Sirius was right. The eldest of the two Black siblings was very touchy when it came to mentioning his family. And the group knew better than to bring his sister into a conversation.

" Ow,'' Harry hissed in pain as his head hit off the wall.

Vernon glared at the boy as he spoke, " What happened?''

" I swear I don't know!'' Harry responded, " One minute, the glass was there and then it was gone! It was like magic!''

Ursa frowned at her brother's words, she knew the Dursleys hated anything to with magic. They weren't even allowed to read about it.

Vernon scoffed at his nephews words, shoving Harry into the cupboard under the stairs, Vernon slammed the doors shut, " There is no such thing as magic,'' he exclaimed before blacken the vents on the door, " Girl!'' he yelled.

Ursa flinched before walking over to her uncle, " Yes Uncle Vernon.''

" What were you doing during all of this?'' he asked her bitterly, grabbing her arm tightly.

Ursa winced painfully knowing that in the morning she would have more bruises, " I was trying to catch up with you and Aunt Petunia.''

The Great Hall froze, some may have never liked the Potters but no one wanted to see a child in pain. Mattheo was furious, having to be calmed down by Theo and Blaise before he did something stupid. Walburga couldn't move, more or less she felt like she couldn't breathe, the last time she saw that look was on her oldest son. And he had that look because of her.

Narcissa looked at her, " Is that all he did?'' hoping that this was as far as the abuse went.

Ursa shook her head no, refusing to speak of the matter. Oliver was furious, mad that she didn't tell him, mad that she had to grow up in this sort of environment. But sadly he couldn't speak on the matter now, not when she was in his arms almost in tears.

Viktor and Fleur were shocked, the girl they have come to care for as their sister was treated horribly. The two older students saw how Harry and his friends treated her and decided to become the family she didn't have. Neither knew what what she went through, they hoped they never would have to experience it themselves, so the most they could was console her to the best of their ability. 

" Head up stairs,'' Vernon ordered bitterly.

Ursa was about to defend herself, tell him this wasn't her fault. But she knew that her pleas would fall on deaf ears. So she silently walked up the stairs, knowing already what was going to happen.

Later that day an owl is seen flying into view and land on a TV aerial on one the houses' roofs. The camera than slowly pans up to reveal Dudley in his smartest school uniform, posing and smiling grandly.

" Aww, smile,'' Petunia saids joyfully as she takes a picture of her son, " Vernon, just look at him. I can't believe it. In just a week you'll be off to Smeltings.''

Vernon smiled at them both, " Caveat Smeltona. Proudest moment of my life.''

" We'll we have to wear that too?'' Harry asked his aunt and uncle curiously.

Ursa, who was busy cleaning froze in place at her brothers words. Fresh bruises could be seen on her wrist and arms, as well as proment one on her cheek.

" What, you? Go to Smeltings?'' Petunia asked him mockingly.

Harry nodded at her words causing his uncle to laugh, " Ha!''

" Oh, don't be so stupid, you're going to the state school where you belong,'' she said before looking back at Ursa, " You're sister however will be staying home, can't very well expect Vernon and I to clean, cook, work, and take care of you lot.''

" They weren't going to send you school?'' And unknown Ravenclaw asked, simply appold by the idea.

Ursa attempted to hide herself as she responded " Petunia homeschooled me for a while,'' she said with a frown.

Minerva glared at the headmaster, knowing full well he knew of their living conditions. Minerva also knew of Ursa's love of learning and reading, she gave the young  girl special permission to read the books in the restricted section of the library after she read all the other books in the school. So to hear that she wasn't going to be allowed to learn broke the old professor's heart.

" Go get the post,'' She barked to Ursa, knowing she would be the one to listen.

Ursa sighed as went to do what she was told. The truth was she loved learning, and she already read every book the Dursley had, not that they were very educational. She hoping to be allowed to go to school, or at least go to the library.

" Great another Remus,'' Sirius sighed, Remus was the only reason he and James study for school.

Regulus scoffed at her brother's words, " How tragic another person can read.''

" I can read perfectly fine,'' Sirius defended quickly, " I just don't because isn't fun.''

Grabbing the mail Ursa let out a small gasp seeing her name on a letter. She never got mail, so she did the only logical thing she could. She hid it. The young Potter knew the Dursleys would never let her read the letter otherwise. 

Walking back into the kitchen, she sees her brother setting the table. Ursa silently handed her uncle the mail before waiting to be told what to do next.

Vernon begna looking over a postcard, '' Oh, Marge is ill! Ate a funny whelk,'' he explained in a sadden tone.

Ursa was shocked, " That lady's still alive?'' she muttered to herself. 

The hall chuckled at the girl's words. Many wouldn't have believed she was James Potter's daughter if she didn't look so much like him.

" So you do have a sense of humor,'' The Weasley twins said in shock.

Ursa blushed and nodded, causing many to chuckle again at her shy behavior. 

 Euphemia smiled at the young girl, " Who is she?'' she asked her granddaughter curiously.

" Uncle Vernon's sister,'' Harry replied quickly, he hoped giving them this information maybe they would do something about.

Dudley suddenly noticed a letter with Harry's name on it. Grabbing it from the pile on the table, he showed it to his father.

" Dad!'' he yelled catching Vernon's attention, " Look, Harry's got a letter!''

" Hey, give it back!'' Harry yelled, mad that they were taking yet another thing from him, " It's mine.''

" Yours?'' Vernon questioned mocking the Potter boy, " Who'd be writing to you?''

Later that day, after more letters were dropped off at the Dursleys, Vernon could be seen kneeling in front of the door. Ursa watched carefully as he drilled wood over the letter box. She hurried up the stairs before he caught. Ursa was muttering to herself as she made her was into the attic.

'' I want to take that drill to his bloody head, sometimes,'' she hissed before sitting down on her cot and pulling out her letter.

James was seething, not only did his son sleep in a cupboard. But his daughter, his little Fawn was sleeping in an attic.

Bellatrix cheered happily at the girls words, encouraging her to go through without. Rodolphus and her had been trying for years to have children before beginning told that it wouldn't be possible and to see a child treated so horribly made her blood boil.

The attic space was much, but what made it better was it was hers. Yes it was small, but so was she. Nothing personal hung on the walls, no pictures, or decorations.  But she had her books and she had privacy, no matter how little it was.

" Quiet the optimistic way of looking at things dear,'' Minerva said with a fond smile. During her years of teaching James Potter became like a son to Minerva McGonagall, and in such thinking Ursa Potter was her granddaughter. And Minerva would be damned if she didn't protect her this time around. 

Ursa looked over the envelope confused, she didn't have any friends so no one her age would've have been writing to her, " No more mail through this letterbox,'' she heard uncle yell.  Looking closely at the wax seal, she clearly saw a snake, a bager, a eagle, and a lion which confused her a great deal more.

The next day, Vernon and Petunia were outside the house. Vernon is ready to leave for work so Petunia gave him kisses on cheek before he left.

" I think I might be sick,'' Sirius said, holding a hand over his mouth. What shocked many was Regulus, Orion, and Walburga chuckled at his actions. 

Remus shook his head while James chuckled, "Honestly,'' Lily said catching their attention, " It's not that bad.''

 As the day went on Ursa refused to open her letter. She couldn't understand it, and if she couldn't understand it she would ignore it. Her way of ignoring it was to do more chores. And when her uncle came home, he burned the letters he had found at the front stoop.

The next day, Sunday, Ursa was in the kitchen finishing off another patch of cookies. She wasn't surprised of much of the her uncle and cousin ate. But what annoyed her was she was the one who had to bake them. Petunia preached on and on about how every good lady should no how to bake.  Which again didn't surprise as Petunia couldn't bake or cook to save her life.

" That's what she taught you?'' Narcissa asked the young Potter girl. Lady Malfoy saw how much her daughter cared for Ursa and thus Ursa became an honorary Black. Aquila hated the Malfoy name, the younger blonde always had said she felt more like a Black than Malfoy.

Ursa nodded, finally moving her head from her boyfriend's shoulder, " She taught me that even if I wasn't smart, I was at least able to cook and I was somewhat pretty,'' she explained noticing with looks of sympathy forming on many people's faces, " That changed after my third year here.''

" Why?'' Andromeda asked curiously, she hated that way of thinking.

Ursa sighed before turning to look at the two Black women, deep, claw-like scars could be seen going from her cheek to her collar, " There was an accident.''

Remus felt a pit in stomach, hoping and praying that he was not the one to hurt her.

" Fine day Sunday,'' Vernon said after finishing off another cookie, " In my opinion, the best day of the week. Why is that, Dudley?''

Dudley shrugged his shoulders, not knowing the answer. Now in Ursa's opinion Dudley wasn't stupid. No, he knew exactly how much his actions and words hurt them. And he knew that some of the looks he gave her weren't appropriate. So he wasn't dumb. He was just too spoiled to care, given everything thing his entire life, he never had to.

" Because there's no post on Sunday?'' Harry answered, giving it off as a suggestion.

Ursa brought over another tray of cookies and set them on table, " Ah, right you are, Harry. No post on Sunday. ha! No blasted letters today. No, sir. Not a single bloody letter, not one.''

The siblings rolled their eyes as their uncle droned on about about how they would be getting no letters. But as he was talking a letter shot out of the fireplace and zips across Vernon's face, cutting him off. There is a rumbling and then millions of letters come shooting out of the fireplace. The Dursleys shrieked in horror, while Harry watched in amusement. Ursa ever the survivalist, quickly made her way to the attic.

Sitting down on the cot a smile graced her face, " It's real,'' she muttered before  grabbing her letter and opening. She read the letter over and over again in amazement, Magic was real. Her glee however did not silence the yelling going on below her.

" That's why you didn't read the letter,'' James asked in shock.

Ursa nodded, " Magic as a subject had always fascinated me, but Petunia and Vernon never allowed any books on the subject,'' she explained, she had feeling she would doing this a lot during these movies, " When I got the letter I wanted to open it, but I didn't not want to be disappointed.''

" That's it!'' she heard her uncle yell, breaking her from her excitement, " We're going away! Far away! Where they can't find us!''

Leaving the attic Ursa stood at the top of the stairs to hear what was happening, " Daddy's gone mad, hasn't he?'' Dudley question, causing Ursa to chuckle light to herself.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

239K 8.1K 69
๐˜ˆ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ข ๐˜—๐˜ฐ๐˜ต๐˜ต๐˜ฆ๐˜ณ ๐˜ฎ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ข ๐˜ฅ๐˜ฆ๐˜ข๐˜ญ ๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ต๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ๐˜ด... ๐˜ช๐˜ง ๐˜ฐ๐˜ฏ๐˜ญ๐˜บ ๐˜ด๐˜ฉ๐˜ฆ ๐˜ค๐˜ฐ๐˜ถ๐˜ญ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ข๐˜ท๐˜ฐ๐˜ช๐˜ฅ ๐˜ด๐˜ข๐˜ช๐˜ฅ...
3.7K 173 5
โ๐ญ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ฆ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐š๐ ๐š๐ข๐ง๐ฌ๐ญ ๐ž๐ฏ๐ข๐ฅ ๐๐จ๐ž๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐ฆ๐š๐ค๐ž ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ ๐ ๐จ๐จ๐โž -๐’‚.๐’†.๐’‘ ...
209K 5.9K 61
Once the war was over. Many people were left without there love ones. So, the golden trio and others decided to go back in time and attempt to change...
45.8K 1.3K 19
A Sirius Black love story Watching the Movies POA: started OOTP: incomplete THBP: incomplete DH part 1: incomplete DH part 2: incomplete STARTED: 09...