JULIET {remus lupin}

بواسطة saffyxoxox

~where the best friend of Regulus Black finds that she has friends in unlikely places~ marauders era VERY slo... المزيد

CAST
ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR
FIVE
SIX
SEVEN
EIGHT
NINE
TEN
ELEVEN
TWELVE
THIRTEEN
FOURTEEN
FIFTEEN
SIXTEEN
SEVENTEEN
EIGHTEEN
NINETEEN
TWENTY
TWENTY ONE
TWENTY TWO
TWENTY THREE
TWENTY FOUR
TWENTY FIVE
TWENTY SIX
TWENTY SEVEN
TWENTY EIGHT
TWENTY NINE
THIRTY
THIRTY ONE
THIRTY TWO
THIRTY THREE
THIRTY FOUR
THIRTY FIVE
THIRTY SIX
THIRTY SEVEN
THIRTY EIGHT
THIRTY NINE
FOURTY
FOURTY ONE
FOURTY TWO
FOURTY THREE
FOURTY FOUR
FOURTY FIVE
FOURTY SIX
FOURTY SEVEN
FOURTY EIGHT
FOURTY NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY ONE
FIFTY TWO
FIFTY THREE
FIFTY FOUR
FIFTY FIVE
FIFTY SIX
FIFTY SEVEN
FIFTY EIGHT
FIFTY NINE
SIXTY
SIXTY ONE
SIXTY TWO
SIXTY THREE
SIXTY FOUR
SIXTY FIVE
SIXTY SIX
SIXTY SEVEN
SIXTY EIGHT
SIXTY NINE
SEVENTY
SEVENTY ONE
SEVENTY TWO
SEVENTY THREE
SEVENTY FOUR
SEVENTY FIVE
SEVENTY SIX
SEVENTY SEVEN
SEVENTY EIGHT
SEVENTY NINE
EIGHTY
EIGHTY ONE
EIGHTY TWO
EIGHTY THREE
EIGHTY FIVE
EIGHTY SIX
EIGHTY SEVEN
EIGHTY EIGHT
EIGHTY NINE
NINETY
NINETY ONE
NINETY TWO
NINETY THREE
NINETY FOUR
NINETY FIVE
NINETY SIX
NINETY SEVEN
NINETY EIGHT
NINETY NINE
CHAPTER 100
ONE HUNDRED AND ONE
ONE HUNDRED AND TWO
ONE HUNDRED AND THREE
ONE HUNDRED AND FOUR
ONE HUNDRED AND FIVE
ONE HUNDRED AND SIX
ONE HUNDRED AND SEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND EIGHT
ONE HUNDRED AND NINE
ONE HUNDRED AND TEN
ONE HUNDRED AND ELEVEN
ONE HUNDRED AND TWELVE
ONE HUNDRED AND THIRTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FOURTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND FIFTEEN
ONE HUNDRED AND SIXTEEN

EIGHTY FOUR

1.4K 80 72
بواسطة saffyxoxox

October, '80

Juliet and Remus and Sirius had been moved into a safe house together. Peter had refused to leave his parents, leaving Sirius to profusely apologise to Remus about being with them.

"Don't think it really matters anymore," was all the man had said.

Juliet didn't speak to either wizard more than was absolutely necessary, the flat had two rooms, she refused to stay with Remus, waking up every night with nightmares about the house on fire and visions of Arabella's body that she had not seen. They'd had a small funeral, and she had been buried next to Marlene, who, by contrast, had had a huge funeral. She was bitter about that, which was unfair. Persephone hadn't had a funeral, and nor had Regulus. She didn't even know where the man had died. Remus seemed to have given up on her a little, throwing himself into order work and going on missions where he could, they had been tracking the Rosier's since the deaths of Marlene and Arabella, Moody thought they were close to getting them.

Juliet had spoke to Lily a little, they had both lost a best friend, she had said James had taken a step back from the order, still helping as much as he could but also spending the most time with his wife and son. He felt guilty, Lily speculated, that the first time he had left her was the day Marlene died. She said she felt awful for keeping him away, Juliet had reminded her that Lily was the most important thing in James' life.

In late November Sirius returned to the house to a normal sight, Remus reading the paper a the table, and Juliet sat silently on a sofa. He sighed and took off his cloak, putting his wand down on the table.

"Alastor got the Rosiers."

Juliet's head shot up, "both of them."

"Mhm," Sirius said, getting a glass of water. "Frank and I were tailing Nathaniel Romilly, got away from us though."

"Ophelia's dead," Juliet repeated.

Sirius raised an eyebrow at her, "surely there's not a tear worth shedding over her, she killed Marlene."

"Bellatrix killed Marlene."

"She watched, and she watched as Reg-" Sirius' voice began to break. "She watched your blood father die."

"It was Regulus who did that, and we both know he was coerced."

"So now Ophelia was innocent too?"

"Regulus wasn't innocent."

"He was a damn sight more innocent than Ophelia," Sirius snapped.

"He was more powerful and valued, which means he could be more sneaky."

Sirius stood up from where he had sat, "why on earth are we having this conversation?"

"Padfoot," Remus said quietly. "They were best friends."

"Arabella was your best fucking friend, you think Ophelia didn't know she was going to be killed?" Sirius shouted.

"I'm not defending her," Juliet said quietly.

"Sounds like you fucking are, Romilly."

"I'm allowed to be upset, I've known the girl since I was born. You know that."

"I knew Lucius Malfoy, I knew Bellatrix-"

"Narcissa? You still see her. You think she doesn't know everything that goes on."

"She's family-"

"Ophelia was like a sister to me, for a while."

"You are being so selfish, Juliet. Ophelia's death is a celebration for us."

"Padfoot-"

"I have lost everyone," Juliet said, standing up and pointing her wand at Sirius with every syllable she spoke. "Everyone that I grew up with, that I spent every single day with at school, that I saw morning and evening-"

"Oh cry me a fucking river, Romilly-"

Remus stood up as well, "Sirius, imagine losing all of us. Me, James, Pete-"

"You're good people, you're not death eaters-"

"You've been mourning a death eater for months!" Juliet shouted, "Regulus was a death eater! You were fucking a death eater for years- Persephone was a death eater!" She rolled up her sleeve to reveal her bruised dark mark, "I was a death eater. Stop being so fucking blind!"

"It's different now," he shook his head, "you got that in school, so did Pen-"

Remus sighed, unsure who to agree with.

"Let's just try to be a bit sympathetic, Pads."

"Always fucking sticking up for this witch," Sirius groaned. "In school, constantly, she's not spoke to you for the last few weeks, and still you're sticking up for her."

"She's a good person."

Juliet met Remus' eye for what felt like the first time in years.

"Your crush on a Slytherin has gone a bit far now, don't you think. She's empathising-"

"She's upset that her friend died.  It's the same with you and Narcissa. Same as you and Regulus."

"Tell that to Marlene's dead fucking body," Sirius spat. "We have a leak among us, and what you say, and what you think, means more than ever. Grow up, both of you," he growled, grabbing his cloak and leaving the house with a slam of the door.

"I'm sorry about Ophelia," Remus said when he left.

She shrugged, "death is becoming scarily normal."

When an owl landed on the windowsill Remus took it, "from Pete," he muttered, scanning it. "His parents have been murdered. I ought to go and see him. Do you mind?"

The witch shook her head and didn't bother looking at him again.

Albus Dumbledore appeared at the house hours after, he was the secret keeper, along with the three residents.

Juliet held her wand up to him, feeling foolish.

"I, Albus Percival Wulfric Brian Dumbledore-"

Juliet cracked a little smile at that, and stepped aside, letting the wizard in.

"I trust you heard about the Rosiers?"

"I did, yes."

"A pity they aren't in Azkaban."

"Yes, sir."

"Peter Pettigrew's parents were killed today, as well."

"I heard."

"Nowhere seems to be safe, at present."

"Yes, professor."

"We're moving you to a different safe house. Mr Lupin will remain here, and Mr Black is also being moved."

"We're all going to be alone?"

"There will be order missions every day," he said, handing Juliet a coin. "I think it's about time you had one of these, don't you?"

"Thank you."

"We can't risk three of you being found and killed."

"Surely we're better armed to protect ourselves as a three."

"You're also easier to find," he gestured to the coin. "You squeeze that, and someone will be here within seconds."

"Are you going to be my secret keeper?"

"Myself, and Mr Lupin. He was quite adamant."

"He knows we're being moved?"

"I just told him, yes."

"Ah, okay. He will be able to visit you, and you him if you consent to be his."

"Of course."

"I understand it's miserable."

"It's necessary."

"This war will be over soon, Miss Romilly."

"I certainly hope so, Professor."

December, '80

Remus spent New Years with the witch, they shared butterbeers and sat in the new safe house's living room, Juliet laughing for the first time in months, as the pair recalled Sirius' prank on Grimmauld Place on New Year's Day.

"First time I rescued you," Juliet laughed.

"Start of a beautiful friendship?"

"Merlin, I hated you," she smiled.

"Don't think I ever really hated you." He grinned.

"Could have fooled me."

"Come off it."

She smiled, and leant forwards a little, wishing she could ignore the coin in her pocket heating up. Remus took his out and glanced, "Moody's house."

Juliet sighed and took his hand, the pair being met by James Potter on apparition, holding his wand up to them. Once they were inside, Juliet was met by an abundance of ginger heads. There was a woman crying at the kitchen table, with 5 red heads running, or crawling around, and one in her arms. A man, who Juliet assumed to be her husband, was talking to Dumbledore.

"Molly feels we're a target now."

"We need protection, Dumbledore!"

"It's alright, I understand, Mrs Weasley. We will have people patrol your house," he said, looking stressed. 

"I can do it," Lily Evans spoke from the corner, Juliet's eyes lit up when she saw her, the witch winked at her friend.

The ginger woman looked up and touched Lily's hands, "Lily, dear, no, you have Harry."

"I'm going a bit mental at home, to be honest. I need to help again."

"I do too," Alice Longbottom spoke. "We can alternate, I can have Harry and Nev whilst you go, and you can when I do."

James Potter paused, "I'm not sure if-"

"Alice is an auror, James," Lily snapped, before turning to Dumbledore. "Professor?"

"Yes, yes," he mused. "And Juliet, too, I think, needs something to do."

Juliet smiled at him, "I'd be happy to."

Molly Weasley eyed her with suspicion, but the man stepped forwards and shook her hand, "Arthur Weasley."

"Juliet."

Remus smiled at her and Arthur noticed the man stepping forwards and saying, "Remus, good to see you."

"Is he in the order?" Juliet asked quietly.

"No, they aren't. Gideon and Fabian were killed. Molly is their sister. Worried about being a target now."

"That's awful, they were great."

"Big blow to the auror department, as well."

"Yeah."

"Someone leaked where they would be," Remus muttered into her hair. "There is definitely a spy."

February, '81

"Mr Lupin will continue to be Miss Romilly's secret keeper-" Dumbledore finished, speaking to the marauders as he briefed them on their coming months. They nodded at him, wishing him well before he apparated. 

"Juliet is my friend too," Sirius said darkly. "What if I wanna see her?"

"What if i wanna see James beyond order meetings? Or you? I can't," Remus replied. "Secret keepers are necessary."

"Between friends? Between brothers?" Sirius asked.

"There's a spy."

James laughed awkwardly, "yeah but, mate, like, we know it's not any of us."

Remus shrugged and eyed Sirius.

"I know we do."

"So let me see my friend!"

"No, Padfoot."

"Let's swap then," he replied.

"Charming," James said.

"Everyone is fucking dying," Sirius hissed. "I want to see Juliet before she dies too-"

Remus pushed him a little by his shoulder, only for James to stand between the pair.

"Lads, we're all stressed."

"I just want a normal night, like the old days."

"Me too," Peter pipped from the corner.

"Then let's have one," James said. "Can't at mine, Harry."

Juliet walked into the room, "a party?" She grinned.

"We just want some normality," Remus said, still not looking at Sirius.

"We can at mine," she said. "One night can't hurt."

Sirius nodded, "agreed, Romilly," he said, throwing an arm around her glowering at Remus.

Since the death of his parents, Peter Pettigrew felt his darker side coming out again. He was scared, like he had been in school. The Dark Lord was winning, and so he took it upon himself to contact his old friend Caius Avery. He had passed subtle information to him over the years, never too much, but enough to keep him at bay. Juliet didn't really seem to suspect him anymore. But now, he felt, he had to choose a side. He loved his friends, honestly, he did. But he loved himself more, and he was terrified. He looked down at the piece of parchment in his hands containing Juliet's address, the wards would be up, but he was sure they could get through, and sent it to Caius.

Remus and Sirius arrived at Juliet's early, neither man speaking to each other but both being over the top nice to the witch. She was tidying, the muggle way, found it relaxing, apparently. No wards were up and she knew it was dangerous. 

A knock at the door three hours too early made all three of them respond with wands.

Nathaniel Romilly blew down the door, but froze when he stepped in. The Dark Lord had told him it would only be Juliet. Sirius disarmed the man with ease, and Remus performed an anti-apparition jinx. When Nathaniel pulled up his sleeve Juliet shouted, "petrificus totalus!"

She stood over the man and kicked his head to the side so he was looking at her, "hello, father."

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

2.7M 102K 77
In which the 20 year old 'retired death eater' enlists the help of the order and finds that her old DADA professor trusts her when no one else will. ...
1.1M 30K 182
-ᴍᴀʀᴀᴜᴅᴇʀs ᴇʀᴀ ❁ -ʀᴇᴍᴜs ʟᴜᴘɪɴ ❁ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝘙𝘦𝘮𝘶𝘴 𝘓𝘶𝘱𝘪𝘯 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘥𝘴 𝘩𝘪𝘮𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘧 𝘨𝘳𝘰𝘸𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝘵𝘰 𝘭𝘪𝘬𝘦 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘴𝘦𝘯𝘤𝘦...
438K 12.8K 78
This is a POLY relationship. Three men with 1 girl. This story will be a comment to suggest type of story. Participation is a must. A story written b...
12.3K 221 17
Veronica 'Ronnie' Lupin grew up close with her brother, Remus, and his idiotic friends who all acted as if they were her personal bodyguards, making...