Never Alone

By Sapphire_Stone_1

Princess Penny has always felt alone. She grew up being treated differently than most people outside the roya... More

Chapter 1: Kicked Out (Penny)
Chapter 2: Rescued (Emery)
Chapter 3: Home (Penny)
Chapter 5: Decorating (Emery)
Chapter 6: Confused (Emery)
Chapter 7: Surprise (Penny)
Chapter 8: Saved (Penny)
Chapter 9: Cupcakes? (Penny)
Chapter 10: Texts (Emery)
Chapter 11: How (Penny)
Chapter 12: Maybe (Emery)
Chapter 13: First Day (Penny)
Chapter 14: News (Emery)
Chapter 15: Missing (Penny)
Chapter 16: The King (Penny)
Chapter 17: Fog (Emery)
Chapter 17: The Realizing (Penny)
Chapter 19: Proud (Emery)
Chapter 20: Color (Penny)
Chapter 21: Finally (Emery)
Chapter 22: I Don't Know (Penny)
Chapter 23: Big (Emery)
Chapter 24: Arrival (Penny)
Chapter 25: Shock (Penny)
Chapter 26: Secret (Emery)

Chapter 4: What? (Emery)

13 0 0
By Sapphire_Stone_1

"You did what?" my mom says over video call.
"I know it sounds insane. I just knew Violet needed help and she seems really cool."
"Emery, did you just tell us that you are letting a stranger stay with you while we're gone?" my dad says.
"Not a stranger and people are rarely "bad guys" in this kingdom."
"What if she is? I mean, we don't know because were not there but..." dad's voice trails off.
"Emery!" my sister, Lucy, shouts through the screen.
"I promise, it's okay," I reassure them.
"We are going to be calling and checking on you, okay?" mom says.
"Okay, thank you mom. How's the trip?'"
"I got cookies!" Lucy exclaims.
That answers that.

After getting off the call, I realize what I just did. What did I do? I helped someone who really needed it. Was it an insane decision? Yes.

"Come in," Violet says.
"Hi, I just wanted to see if you needed anything, since it's been like three hours," I say.
"I don't think I need anything, thank you for asking."
"Of course."
"Oh, Emery?"
"Yeah?"
"Are your parents worried about me being here? I don't want to make them worried or anything. I get it, they literally have no idea who I am. I don't mean to sound nosy, I just overheard and wanted to make sure it was okay."

Oh no, I knew I should have been quieter. I can be loud, sometimes.

"No, it's okay. You need to be here right now and its fun having an extra person in the house."
"Okay," she smiles.
"Oh yeah, I go to both school and work, so I have to leave early starting after the break. Will you be okay here until I get home on those days?"
"Yeah, it will be fine."
"Are you going to do homeschooling here?"
"Yeah, my schedule with it can be pretty weird. I have even done school at night before."
"Wow!"

I'm a little worried about leaving Violet home alone. She doesn't know the house well and I just met her yesterday. Luckily, I still have two days left of break because of the kingdom's holiday. We can do something fun tomorrow and the next day, then I'll see if she's ready.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

22.6K 972 50
Four years of pain, regret, and disappointment have consumed Priscilla who was left behind to cope with Delilah's disappearance. Delilah was everyt...
509K 18.5K 29
Noah looked at me for a second before moving closer. I sucked the card off his lips but it faltered and fell to the ground. A second later I felt a p...
30.2K 460 24
When two best friends end up sharing a night filled with pleasure, one confronts feelings she never knew she had and the other tries to hide feelings...
13.3K 879 28
After becoming best friends on Tumblr and exchanging posts, Idalia finds out that the girl she's been crushing on goes to her school. Who is it? Q...