RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 21

179 4 0
By ZANE_555

(Ruby)

Back in the Mistralian house, where Roman stand in the living room, sipping a mug of coffee and sneezing. From around the corner, Ruby and Y/N are observing the crime boss, sharing a quick look with one another before approaching him to talk. They catch his attention when Ruby is the first to speak up. 

Ruby: "At first, I couldn't see it. But now, there are these little things that remind me of Ozpin when I look at you, Roman."

This makes Roman perk a brow as he asks.

Roman: "How so?"

Y/N then points at him.

Y/N #1: "For one thing, your posture and pose are just like Ozpin's."

Ruby: "Also, the way you use that cane and uh... do you drink coffee before?"

Roman blinks, looking at himself before immediately tossing the coffee mug over his shoulder, shattering it on the ground behind him as he mutters to himself.

Roman: "Okay... let's not let that become a habit."

The crime boss looks at Ruby and Y/N.

Y/N #1: "You really have to waste a cup of coffee like that?"

Roman: "Eh, it wasn't much of a waste. So... you kids need something?"

Y/N #1: "Not me. Ruby does though."

Roman: "Really now?"

Ruby: "Uhm... yes... no... it's more like I want to talk to him... Ozpin."

Upon hearing this, Roman's neighborly attitude fades quickly, putting on a more serious tone. 

Roman: "Is this going to be a short chat or a long one?"

Giving a sheepish grin, Ruby nods to him.

Ruby: "It'll be a long chat."

Y/N #1: "Is there a problem with that?"

Letting out a sigh, Roman quickly replies back.

Roman: "I have a massage scheduled up at the Cho Chin at 5 o'clock and I don't want to be late."

This makes both Ruby and Y/N visibly puzzled at this.

Ruby: "You get massages?"

Y/N #1: "You pay for your massages?"

Roman: "What? Crime lords are people too. Who doesn't want a good massage? Especially when the weight of the world is literally between my ears, apparently."

Ruby: "Come on, just let me talk to him. I promise that it won't take up too much of your time."

Almost instantly, the disembodied voice of Ozpin chimes in, addressing to Roman. 

Ozpin: "It seems that Miss Rose would like to speak to me."

Roman: "Yeah, I know."

Ozpin: "Rest assured, Roman. My conversation with Miss Rose will conclude and give you enough time to get to your appointment."

Letting out a groan and rubbing his brows, Roman turns to Ruby and Y/N.

Roman: "Fine. We'll switch. Y/N, if the old geezer does something weird, just... I don't know, pin me against the floor or something?"

Y/N: "Oh... okay then."

And with that, Roman slowly close his eyes, remaining motionless as Ruby and Y/N just at look at him with some level of anticipation. A moment later, his eyes open up with his eyes being a different shade of green as he turns to look at them.

Ruby: "Woah... how do you deal with living inside Roman's head, Ozpin?"

Ozpin just chuckles at this.

Ozpin: "One gets used to it after the first few jumps."

Y/N #1: "So, is Roman still there? Can he hear us?"

Ozpin: "Indeed he can so, it's best not to say much at his expense."

Roman: "Heh, you got that right."

Soon enough, the three turn to face the house's botanical garden for trees through the large windows with Y/N admiring the view.

Y/N #1: ("It's a good thing Lionheart gave us a place like this to stay in.")

Ozpin glances over to Ruby. 

Ozpin: "What is it you want to discuss with me, Miss Rose?"

Ruby: "Well... I was wondering about the relics." 

Ozpin: "Oh... what about it?"

Ruby: "I get that we're doing everything we can to protect the relic and Mistral but, what happened to the relic at Beacon?"

Y/N #1: "Actually, I was wondering about that too..."

Ozpin: "I see..."

Ozpin ponder to himself for a moment before eventually answering. 

Ozpin: "Do not fret. There were some special precautions taken to ensure Salem wouldn't get her hands on it."

Ruby raises a brow, and her eyes travel down to his cane, which Ozpin laughs.

Ozpin: "No, Miss Rose. My cane is not in fact a relic. Though, it does still have a few tricks up its sleeve."

Ruby: "Oh..."

After that, there's a moment of silence between them until Y/N chimes in with his own question.

Y/N #1: "What does exactly Salem wants?"

Ruby: "Y-Yeah, what's her end goal in all of this?"

Hesitating a little bit, Ozpin goes to respond.

Ozpin: "Immortality can be bitter to those without purpose and Salem was stripped of hers a long time ago..."

Y/N #1: ("Immortality...?")

Ozpin: "Enraged, she lashed out at the one thing she could... humanity."

After processing his words, Ruby shook her head and then asks.

Ruby: "Who was Salem? What drive her to do that?"

Ozpin let out a sigh before replying.

Ozpin: "If I knew that, we may very well have avoided this entire conflict."

Ruby: "Would it really have been that been avoidable?"

Once again, Ozpin chuckles at her remark.

Ozpin: "Perhaps not but it's nice to consider from time to time or more bittersweet, I suppose."

Y/N listen quietly to their discussion, especially on Ozpin's side of it as he ponders over his previous exchanges with Cinder and Salem along with it. His train of thoughts is interrupted upon seeing and hearing Ruby muttering to herself in a melancholic tone. 

Ruby: "Penny and Pyrrha would still be alive..."

Y/N #1: "Ruby..."

Y/N goes to place a hand on her shoulder, comforting her. Ruby gives Y/N a warm smile, telling him that she's okay before turning her attention to Ozpin.

Ruby: "What exactly happened at Beacon?"

Y/N #1: "Uhm, Ruby... you have to be more specific than that."

Ozpin: "Agreed. A lot has happened there."

Ruby: "Okay... what happened after Pyrrha died?"

This stun Y/N a little as Ozpin merely glances over to Ruby.

Ozpin: "Care to elaborate, Miss Rose?"

Ruby: "Well, I saw Cinder... I saw Y/N and then... everything just turns to blank white and then black. I asked Uncle Qrow and Dad but, either they don't know or don't want to tell me."

Ozpin: "Have you tried asking Y/N over here?"

Ruby slowly turns her attention to Y/N.

Ruby: "Y/N...?"

With a brief sigh, Y/N is quick to reply.

Y/N #2: "I witnessed Pyrrha died by the hands of Cinder, you showed up, saw it happened with me, and once you shout Pyrrha's name, and suddenly, bright white light came out of your eyes. And from what Qrow told you, the Wyvern is frozen, Cinder became injured but, escaped, and I was knocked out cold."

Ruby slowly process Y/N's words, especially the part about her eyes. 

Ruby: "You're saying... my eyes did that?"

Ozpin chimes in, getting their attention. 

Ozpin: "He is correct, Miss Rose. This world exists some miraculous people exceptionally gifted with skills, with powerful aura, with semblances that could rock the world itself..."

As he said this, Y/N couldn't help but feel like Ozpin is looking at him when he says this to them. 

Ozpin: "And even among all those special people... there are a few blessed with a gift that even I failed to fully fathom. You, Miss Rose, have that gift."

Ruby: "M-Me?"

Ozpin: "There's no consistent name for it but, I've taken to just call it: silver eyes."

Y/N and Ruby are taken aback by his prolonged remark, especially on that last part. 

Y/N #1: "Silver... eyes..."

Ruby begins to hop to this, suddenly becoming excited at the thought.

Ruby: "That's so awesome! Can you please teach me how to use them, Ozpin?!"

Once again, Ozpin just chuckles at their reactions.

Ozpin: "I know this is a sudden revelation to absorb but, I'm afraid I cannot teach you, Miss Rose."

Ruby: "Why not?"

Ozpin: "Every individual I've met with this gift over my lifetimes has described it in 'different terms'."

Y/N #1: "What does that mean?"

Ozpin: "Well... what works for one individual, may not work for another. All I can figure is that the only teacher for the job would be ones who has the gift themselves or by trial and error."

Ruby: "Really? Then, I-"

Ozpin: "Not that I'd ever recommend to you as a go-to approach in training your silver eyes."

His answer makes Ruby discourage as Y/N place a hand on Ruby's head. Ozpin smiles warmly as he continues.

Ozpin: "There's nothing to be ashamed of or responsible for, Miss Rose. Most people with the gift never learn they even have it. Never had a need for it. To have already used it in such a fantastic way to save Beacon is an achievement so few can call their own, be it by accident or not."

Y/N #1: "Yeah. See, Rubes? There's still an upside to this."

Ozpin: "Mm-hm. I can safely say your parents are proud of you already, Miss Rose... both of them."

Ruby looks up at them with watery eyes. She sniffs and wipes her eyes with her sleeve.

Ruby: "Thank you for answering my questions, Ozpin."

Ozpin: "You're most welcome. If you, Y/N, or the others have any questions, do not hesitate to ask. But right now, it would be appear Mr. Torchwick needs to get to his appointment."

And with that, Ozpin closes his eyes and a moment later, Roman open his eyes as he groans.

Roman: "Ugh, I hate that feeling of 'switching minds'."

The crime boss then looks to Ruby and Y/N.

Roman: "This old geezer just loves to hear himself talk."

Ruby and Y/N share a quick glance before giggling at that with Ruby wiping away the last of her tears. Behind them, Qrow walks up and finds the broken mug on the ground.

Qrow: "Hey! Who spilled coffee over the damned floor?!"

Roman: "Welp, I should be going now, catch you kids later. Bye!"

As he said this, Roman swiftly wave goodbye and rush over to the front door. Y/N then shift his gaze to Qrow, who is muttering angrily at the puddle of coffee and broken mug.

Y/N #1: "Don't worry, Qrow. I'll clean it up."

Ruby: "I'll get a mop and a broom!"

Upon saying this, Ruby uses her semblance and dash around the corner, heading to the storage room. While Y/N gather the shattered pieces of the mug along with Qrow, he can't help but stare after Roman or in this case, Ozpin as he ponders over his previous conversation with him yesterday.

(Flashback)

Inside of one of the house's bedrooms, Y/N leans against a wall across from Ozpin, who Roman let him control his body for their conversation, sits on the bed. 

Ozpin: "What would you like to talk about, Y/N?"

After a moment of silence, Y/N eventually asks.

Y/N #1: "Did you know that Pyrrha died?"

Ozpin's expression becomes sadden as he answers back.

Ozpin: "I did... by Qrow. I am truly sorry... I know you and the others have been through tremendous hardship already."

Y/N #1: "Do you though?"

Ozpin turns to face Y/N, angrily staring at him as he spoke once more.

Y/N #1: "You've been gone a really long time. Can you actually imagine what we've had to go through just to get here? What we all went through?"

Ozpin: "Y/N... please... calm down. I didn't mean to upset you like that."

Slowly, Y/N goes to compose himself, taking a couple deep breaths. He then turns to Ozpin.

Y/N #1: "I-I'm sorry... I'm relieved that you're back... even if it's just reincarnating into Roman's mind... I... I think the stress is getting to me."

Ozpin: "Well, you are here now, along with Qrow and the others. You should be glad that you all managed to make it here in one piece. I am proud that despite those hardships you all endured, you moved forward.

Y/N #1: "Heh, I guess so."

Ozpin: "I know so, Y/N."

There's another moment of silence as Y/N turns to look at Ozpin once more.

Y/N #1: "Did Qrow tell you... about my encounter with Salem?"

The headmaster's eyes widen a bit before replying.

Ozpin: "No. He hasn't. Care to explain it to me?"

Y/N then goes to explain that after Pyrrha's death and Ruby's eyes burst into bright white light, he's transported into some darkened and isolated space where he met Salem for the first time. She tried to recruit him, he rejected the offer, he fends her off, and one thing led to another, there are four of him across Remnant, each of them are with his other teammates, all caused by Salem's power. 

Ozpin: "I... see."

Roman: "Wait, there's four of him now?!"

Y/N continues his explanation, telling him his method on how to fuse back with the other Y/Ns he found out before going on his journey to Haven. After all of this, Ozpin, and to a lesser extent, Roman steadily digest his words before Ozpin speaks up.

Ozpin: "Thank you for telling me this, Y/N. Never would have thought Salem would do that to you."

Y/N #1: "Since you know about Salem, can you tell me what kind of power Salem has that would do this to me?"

Ozpin: "Well... Salem's power is obviously not a semblance. It's more on the same metric as the maiden powers... more... magical, I suppose."

Y/N #1: "Okay then... that explains why that happened to me in the first place."

Ozpin: "Is there... anything else you want to ask me, Y/N? Anything at all?"

The room becomes silent for a couple moments and with a deep breath, Y/N shift his gaze to Ozpin. 

Y/N #1: "Ozpin... once this is all over... what's going to happen with Beacon? Will me and the others... can go back to being Beacon students? Will you go back to being headmaster despite being in Roman's body?"

The headmaster is quite stun by Y/N's questions as he grips his cane a bit tightly. Ozpin ponder to himself before he finally answers back. 

Ozpin: "To be honest if you... I'm not so sure yet. But I do know this, Y/N... once we defeat Salem, Cinder, and her allies, everything will be alright... who knows, maybe someday you and the others will return to Beacon once it's retaken back from the Grimm."

Upon hearing this, Y/N's eyes lit up in excitement as he straightens himself from leaning against the wall as he approaches him.

Y/N #1: "You really think so, Ozpin?"

The headmaster just gives him a reassuring smile as he nods.

Ozpin: "I can assure you, Y/N. We will bring them to justice for their crimes and once that's been dealt with, it's likely you can resume to being a student with the rest of your comrades."

Joyfully, Y/N nod to him.

Y/N #1: "Alright then. Me and the others will do our best to see things through."

Ozpin: "I'm sure you will. So, is that all you have to ask me?"

Y/N #1: "Yep. Thanks, Ozpin."

Ozpin: "Anytime, Y/N."

And with that, the smiling Y/N walk out of the bedroom as Ozpin slowly waves at him before relinquishing control to Roman.

Roman: "I'm never going to get use to this."

(End of Flashback)

As Y/N continues to stare after Roman/Ozpin, he is snap back to awareness by Ruby's voice.

Ruby: "Y/N! I got the mop and broom."

Y/N #1: "Oh, good work, Rubes. I'll use the broom on the shattered mug and you'll use the mop to clean the puddle off the floor."

Ruby: "On it!"

As they start cleaning, Y/N look to the direction Roman/Ozpin went as he ponder to himself.

Y/N #1: ("Pft, Cinder and Salem were just lying to me just to mess with me. Of course, I'll believe Ozpin's words over theirs. What was I even thinking? I mean... if it weren't for him, I would have never got enrolled into Beacon, have my expulsion from Signal be revoked, and helping my sparring partner from his major injuries. Our enemies are Cinder, Salem, their fucking lackeys. No more, no less... I just hope... I'll be able find Christina... for my sake and Darius's sake... I hope she's doing well... wherever she is...")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.6K 249 29
Here is the fourth volume of this fanfiction. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing RWBY series.) (Discl...
49.1K 584 38
Since I am bored and came up with certain ideas I decided to write this. I will write Canon X Reader, Canon X OC, Reader X OC, Canon X Canon, RWBY sh...
12.4K 345 10
Y/N spends his time wandering around the world of Remnant, inside and outside the four kingdoms. All for the sake of practicing his Grimm slaying ski...
7.4K 190 43
Here is the sixth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doing is based on Celtic Phoenix's Fixing...