๐‹๐Ž๐‚๐Š๐„๐ƒ

By reportsbytoya

๐“๐จ ๐Ÿ๐ข๐ง๐ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ๐Ÿ๐ž๐œ๐ญ๐ข๐จ๐ง ๐ข๐ง ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐›๐ž๐ญ๐ญ๐ž๐ซ ๐ก๐š๐ฏ๐ž, ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐š๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ๐ซ ๐ฌ... More

๐˜…
1: ๐—ฏ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜† ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
2: ๐—ถ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ผ
3: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐™ฉ๐™๐™š ๐™ข๐™–๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™–๐™ฉ๐™ฉ๐™ง๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ค๐™ฃ
4: ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ๐˜†๐—ฑ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ป.
5: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐—ฎ๐—ถ๐—ป'๐˜ ๐˜€๐—น๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ธ
6: ๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜ ๐—ฐ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
7: ๐™ฃ๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ ๐™จ๐™๐™ž๐™›๐™ฉ *
8: ๐™–๐™˜๐™ฉ๐™ž๐™ฃ ๐™›๐™ช๐™ฃ๐™ฃ๐™ฎ
9: ๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™จ *
๐™ฃ๐™š๐™ฌ ๐™ก๐™ž๐™ข๐™ž๐™ฉ๐™จ / ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™จ
10: ๐™ข๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™๐™š๐™ง๐™ก๐™ฎ ๐™ฉ๐™ค๐™ฃ๐™š
11: ๐™จ๐™ฅ๐™ค๐™ฉ๐™ก๐™ž๐™œ๐™๐™ฉ *
12: ๐˜‚๐—น๐˜๐—ถ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜๐˜‚๐—บ
13: ๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด
๐˜€๐—ฝ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ธ๐˜€ ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ ๐—ณ๐—น๐˜†๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด / ๐™ซ๐™ž๐™จ๐™ช๐™–๐™ก๐™จ
14: ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€, ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฐ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€
15: ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ฐ๐—ฒ
16: ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚...part one*
16: ๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ผ๐—ป๐˜€ ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ธ๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚...part two
17: ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚ ๐˜ƒ๐˜€ ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ๐—บ
18: ๐—ป๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜‚ ๐—ฏ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ *
19: ๐—ฏ๐—ผ๐˜๐˜๐—ผ๐—บ ๐—น๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ฒ
20: ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ ๐˜‚ *
๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฎ๐—ฑ๐—ฎ ๐˜‚ / visuals
21: ๐—ผ๐—ป๐—น๐˜† 4 ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚
22: ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ฟ๐—ฟ๐˜†...๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜๐—บ๐—ฎ๐˜€?*
23: ๐—ฑ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜†๐—ผ๐˜‚
24: ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐—น๐—น๐—ฒ ๐—บ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฎ๐—น๐—ถ๐˜๐˜†
25: ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ฒ๐—ฝ ๐—ณ๐—ผ๐—ฟ ๐—ฐ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ฒ*
26: ๐—ฑ๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐˜† ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐˜๐—ถ๐—ฒ๐˜€
27: ๐—ฎ๐—บ๐—ถ๐—ด๐—ผ/๐—ฎ
28: ๐˜€๐—ต๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—น๐—ฑ'๐˜ƒ๐—ฒ ๐—ธ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜„๐—ป
29: ๐—บ๐˜‚๐˜ƒ๐—ฎ
30: ๐—ฑ๐—ผ๐˜‚๐—ฏ๐—น๐—ฒ ๐˜†๐—ผ๐—น๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ฑ...part one
๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€ / visuals
31: ๐—บ๐˜€. ๐—บ๐—ฎ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ฎ๐—ต*
32: ๐—ฒ๐—ฎ๐˜€๐˜† ๐—ฝ๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜‡๐˜†, ๐—น๐—ฒ๐—บ๐—ผ๐—ป ๐˜€๐—พ๐˜‚๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐˜‡๐˜†
๐—ฒ๐—ฝ๐—ถ๐—น๐—ผ๐—ด๐˜‚๐—ฒ โ€ข ๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ*
๐˜๐—ต๐—ฒ ๐˜„๐—ฒ๐—ฒ๐—ธ๐—ฒ๐—ป๐—ฑ ๐˜ƒ๐—ถ๐˜€๐˜‚๐—ฎ๐—น๐˜€

30: ๐˜€๐—ฎ๐—ฐ๐—ฟ๐—ถ๐—ณ๐—ถ๐—ฐ๐—ฒ๐˜€...part two

4.3K 361 148
By reportsbytoya

𝗣𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗹𝗼𝗽𝗲 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗶𝗮𝗵

three days 𝗹𝗮𝘁𝗲𝗿:

30 minutes.

Dang it, I'm running late!

Two knocks came from the opposite side of my office doors inside the CNN headquarters. Rolling my eyes, I glanced at the digital clock near the glass entertainment center. In my hands were two stacks of potential headlines for this weekend's production. Some were staying, some were trash, but right now? I wouldn't worry too much about sorting. My time was running out.

After I was connected to the iMac's digital control center, the system appeared with a list of commands. From operating the shades that hid the floor-to-ceiling windows to the sound bar and television, electric fireplace, office lights, and lastly the locks on the door — everything was at the touch of my finger.

Within a few seconds, the locks were off and Ms. Alexa Gillium had been granted her short invite.

Alexa and I were cordial during our days at Clark Atlanta. However, these last few months have been completely different and that's something we both speak about in a proud sense. Our friendship is more inviting now. We're aware of each other and not just because we're classmates. Plus our communication has sparked with how closely we work together in the writing and editorial departments. Never was there an awkward space for us, but before our opportunities at CNN — we didn't have this chance to grow a bond.

"I know, you're tired of me! I'm sorry. I promise to leave you alone for the rest of the....next week, but..." Alexa's failed promise was funny and as she closed the door, I did one last mental check while watching the frown on Lex's face deepen from the iPad's screen.

"What's wrong, Lex?"

"I just can't.....your opening paragraph and your closing are your strongest points, right? That's what grabs your reader's attention?"

"Correct..." I smirked at her apparent frustration, taking a seat behind my desk as she came to the guest chairs. I swear, once a week, we go through this.

"So, why is it so hard, Penny? I've done this, but who gives a fuck about the shit they want us to write about?" Laughing, I packed away my things, glancing at the clock once more. 26 minutes!

"Let me hear what you have and I'll try to help you tweak it...a little." Lex's smile grew at my words, knowing this was exactly what she needed to finish her current cases of hot files due for breaking news in the next two hours.

With not a second to spare, I listened to her read over the story being constructed on her executive iPad. Unintentionally, Alexa was given only seven minutes to read her draft. The body of the story and her two troubling paragraphs. Minor tweaks and trucks, but as always we got it completed just before Ka'Dafii's name flashed on my iPhone.

I already knew what he was calling for. This would be his first phone call — trying to see where I was and how long I'd be. Thankfully, I won rock-paper-scissors at six o'clock this morning and didn't have to worry about him waiting outside to pick me up.

"Thanks, I know you're getting ready to leave for the day. Are you still free for the headline call at 5?"

"Tomorrow morning at 5, right?" I clarified, wanting to make sure before I left the office.

"Yep. That way we can go over the hour topics, edit, and finish any animations before the seven o'clock news starts. Shouldn't take over an hour." 

"That's fine, I'll be in attendance." Alexa nodded at my words and I slipped off my office slippers and back into the Christian Louboutin Glitter & Crystal Sandals heels. Those along with my black and white collar dress were the perfect look for a half day in the summertime. The office was always cold, at least mine was, but the growing May weather in Georgia called for some necessary coolness.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow morning at five then. Have a good evening."

Don't let her leave just yet, Penny.

"Hey, Alexa...before you go. Can I ask you a question? It's kinda random, but...." Alexa looked up from the iPad, her heels coming to a stop against the marble floors underneath us. She was only a few inches from the door, while I was standing up from my seat with my computer off and Chanel bag ready to go.

"Of course, Penelope. As much as I come up here and bother you, girl. What can I help you with?"

Nothing.

Shaking my head, I second-guessed myself more than acknowledged her words as a safe haven. Should something be wrong about this?

"I know you and I aren't the closest of friends. And these last...almost four months, or so — we've grown an amazing bond. One that's work friendly and our common grounds at CAU helped that blossom naturally, but um...."

"Please don't butter me up, just to tell me you're thinking about resigning or stepping down," Alexa's words came out in an alarmed tone. She wore an expression of pure sadness. As if it was tragic to hear. "I know it's a lot. I struggle too...but coming here and seeing you? It kind of gives me that push, ya'know? Like I got this because Penelope got this. And you open your door for me every time, ready to bear my baggage and handle your own workload. I know we're only growing a friendship and my opinion may not hold much weight, but you're vital here, Penny."

I heard her words and mentally I wanted to respond, show my appreciation, and thank her for being so kind. Explain to Lex how that resignations weren't being drawn up and in fact, that was the furthest thing from my mind.

"What do you think would happen, if I was to end up pregnant?"

At first, that sadness from her own thoughts slipped into surprise. Ambushed by my random questions, but she was the only one who could understand. My girls would only relate to this through the lens of being a friend and Ka'Dafii wouldn't get it! But Alexa knew of the opportunity. Granted she's not a director within the writing team, but holds a significant position as an editor. She knows the sacrifices being made.

That shock seemed to cascade over Alexa like a blanket and I mentally kicked myself. Damn. In our time working together, she's expressed many emotions, but to be speechless? Wasn't one of them. Which made the moment slightly assuming.

Her eyes landed on my stomach and then she smiled. "I'm not God...," Yeah, I know that. "I can't tell you what would happen, because I don't know, Penelope. I'm certain about something else though,"

Lex stepped closer, that smile growing wilder. "God doesn't just give babies out. We don't just lay down, have sex unprotected, and then have a baby nine months later. If that was the case....chy, I'll....never mind," I laughed at her words, knowing exactly what she meant. Yeah, me and KD would've been parents. Indeed, we had been spared enough. "Look? My oldest son is ten. I'm not gon' say it's easy because I'll be lying to you. It'll be hard and some days you'll want to pull your hair out of your scalp, girl. But Penelope? I promise you, it's worth it. Regardless of what your work life is like, or relationship — your baby is worth it. And as for the job? You got a gift and a uterus. Don't let either go to waste because of the other."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Thank God, the lobby is empty!

"Mm, hm. Ion think Imma get used to you being so....sophisticated and sexy," Ka'Dafii grabbed my hand, holding my arm higher as a motion for me to twirl, and happily I did. A laugh escaped at his excited whistling. "Damn, ma."

"Boy...stop."

"Nah...you late as hell, but you're beautiful, so Imma let you slide." Okay? He wasn't wrong, this time. Indeed, my little moment with Alexa had run me over ten minutes.

"I'm sorry. It was some work stuff that ran a little late at the last minute." Ka'Dafii's attention was planted on me, but then the sounds of my name being called in the empty lobby seized the questions he had brewing.

Nurse Stone greeted us from the hallway of the examination rooms. Her eager tone made me smile as she waited with the door held open. Within no time, we completed my vitals including the urine and blood samples. Then we were hauled off to the room of choice to wait for Dr. Turner.

Finally, the time had come and KD had his chance to pick my brain the second that examination door was closed.

"I feel like some is...off. What's wrong, Ma?" Shaking my head, I physically responded, but that wasn't enough for him. "And don't say....it's nothing, Ka'Dafii," His harsh mimic of my voice made me laugh. It was so damn horrible. "I'm fa'real. I'm looking at you and I can see it. So, talk to me."

"But it is nothing," Zay smacked his teeth at my words, making me laugh. "I'm good, KD. I promise."

"So why ya' eyes puffy?" His question made me roll my eyes and he laughed in defeat. One of those laughs that's not humorous at all, instead, he knew I wasn't given in. Leaning up KD took advantage of his longer limbs, rubbing a finger down my cheek. I hadn't been crying...much. Mostly confusion if nothing else.

It was no one's fault, but my own. I had beat pregnancy a handful of times since getting with Ka'Dafii. In the last two months, that tight grip fell tremendously. Between my career taking off, situating Milan for summer, and managing a household — contraception was the last thing on my mind.

"It's nothing." I told him once more, but KD stared at me through slanted eyes, that look saying a thousand words.

"Penny..."

"Zay..." I mimicked jokingly, reaching out to tug his beard.

"I'm not playin' with you, girl. Talk to me."

"I'm okay, Baby Daddy. Just long as you're here." Cause with my luck and his biological genes — I was screwed if left alone.

"I ain't never leaving you, Mariah. You stuck, we stuck. Might as well go to the chapel now, Barbie."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

𝗞𝗗

Excitement has never spilled through my being as it did in this moment. The laminated blue glow seemed to become more intense as the sounds filled the room.

"Uh-uh, hol' up. Dr. Turner....you sure?" Penelope asked only seconds ago.

"Uhh...yeah," Tracy Turner laughed at her own words before posting symbols and typing notations on the screen. Then, she turned up the volume to the sonograph machine.

"Listen."

Dr. Turned said and so I did. Hearing the most beautiful sound ever. Penelope's eyes zeroed in on the digital screen.

This was the right way.

It was only been a little over a year since I received the text from Sabrina — speaking of the possibility that Zora could be my firstborn. Recently the little girl celebrated her second birthday and it made me wonder.

Today comes and I know this is the only way I want to experience such unconditional love. With a woman I adore who's attentive, patient, beautiful, passionate, supportive, and a real nurturer.

"Oh, Baby Daddy, you jinxed me!" Penny playfully mushed my hand away from her sides. Her chirped tone explained the happiness on her face.

The entire day I've been in a trance. Anxious about what this moment would look like.

"So...that confirms — you're ten weeks and three days. There's baby A, you can see the little nubs for their limbs, and baby's heartbeat is about 170 beats per minute which is healthy," Tracey Turner informed us about what was being showcased. We channeled between both wombs, a clear indication of two healthy babies.

"Your belly is growing because of your uterus, you may be showing within two or three weeks. So don't be surprised, Miss. Lady."

"Damn....that's beautiful." Penny smiled at my hushed words. I wasn't necessarily trying to speak them aloud, but it was hard to hold in the emotions also.

"That's us." She whispered back and I kissed her cheek.

Family.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 44.1K 48
Description on first page.
87.9K 2.9K 28
๐˜๐ž๐š๐ก, ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ข๐Ÿ ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐ฒ๐จ๐ฎ, ๐ข๐ญ'๐ฌ ๐ง๐จ๐ญ ๐š๐ง๐ฒ๐จ๐ง๐ž ๐‹๐จ๐จ๐ค๐ข๐ง๐  ๐›๐š๐œ๐ค ๐จ๐ง ๐ฆ๐ฒ ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ž ๐˜๐จ๐ฎ'๐ซ๐ž ๐ญ๐ก๐ž ๐จ๐ง๐ฅ๐ฒ ๐ ๐จ...
119K 4.2K 36
โ๐›๐ž๐ข๐ง๐  ๐ญ๐ก๐ข๐ฌ ๐œ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ข๐ฌ๐ง'๐ญ ๐œ๐ฅ๐—ผ๐ฌ๐ž ๐ž๐ง๐—ผ๐ฎ๐ ๐กโž