Falling Hard // Nowhere Boys

De callmehlilah

|UNDER MAJOR EDITING| ❝You don't know what you've got, until your gone ❞ A goth. A geek. A golden boy. A jock... Mai multe

(𝐀𝐂𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄)
1: The School Excursion
2: Fairy Bread
3: Temporary Madness
4: Ghosts
5: Crazy Bees
6: Freeganism
7: Psycho Dogs
8: Poison Pickles
10: Sparkly Unicorns
11: Mother's Day
12: Run
13: Home
✨Breathing Slow✨
1: Party Disaster

9: Magic

144 7 12
De callmehlilah

I lean back on the grass and look at the sky, watching as the clouds slowly roll past, listening to the birds chirping in the distance, and the-

"No breakfast. Again." Sam whines as he sits on a log outside the shack with Jake and Andy. "I'm starving."

Great. I sigh and push myself off the grass to join the boys. Dumping my bag on the ground, I take a seat beside Jake.

"So, what's the plan?" Sam asks as Felix and me walk up to them.

"Retrace our steps." Andy says.

"And get lost again?" 

Andy shakes his head. "No. We find the valley and the wormhole."

"And how exactly does this work." Felix tilts his head to the side quizzically.

"In this universe, the excursion was delayed." Andy tells us. "What if the wormhole was delayed as well? We could find it again."

"And you have trouble believing in magic?" 

"It's worth a shot, dude." Sam says to Felix.

"We're supposed to be a Phoebe's this morning, remember?" Felix reminds us.

"Where we have to magically locate a missing person? And you think my plan has problems."

"Come on, Sam. I thought you believed in magic. And Taylor, Jake. You saw what happened with the dogs."

"Andy's right. I mean, it's a bit of a long shot." Jake says.

Andy stands up in front of the four of us. "Magic or science. Which path do we take?"

"Okay, let's vote." Felix decides."Andy's solution?"

Jake puts a finger in the air, followed by Sam.

"Sam." Felix sighs annoyedly.

"Sorry, dude. It kinda makes sense."

"Taylor?" Both boys look at me hopefully, but I just shrug.

"I really don't give a crap." 

"Tay," Jake says and I roll my eyes. 

"Fine," I stand up and swing my bag over my shoulder. "Let's go wormhole hunting."

/ / /

"Phoebe's gonna be really angry with us." Felix says as the five of us walk through the school gates.

"Phoebe! We need her signature." Andy points out, unfolding the permission slip. I snatch it out of his hands.

"What are you doing?" He asks, watching me scribble Phoebe Hartley on the pages. "But that's forgery!" 

"Bates wouldn't even know Phoebe's surname." Felix assures us as I hand him his slip.

"Haven't you ever faked a signature?" Jake smirks at Andy.

"No." 

I laugh, mildly amused as I shove his slip into his hands.

"Our fearless leader." Felix scoffs.

"Mum." Jake says in a morose tone as Sarah pulls up in a SUV, Bates next to her. He pulls her in and kisses her, and we all cringe in disgust.

"I'll never get used to that." Jake says and I hand him his slip.

"Ellen!" Andy smiles and waves over at the girl, who only glares in return.

"I recognise that stare. 'Mega Death.'" Felix says, causing me to laugh slightly.

"She asked me to meet her yesterday but I got detoured." Andy explains.

"You stood her up? There is no known universe where Ellen forgives someone for standing her up." Felix chuckles.

"I guess I just have to face the music." Andy decides.

"Is that what Bear Grylls would do?" Felix says mockingly.

"I'll help, dude. Women are like puzzles and I am the great un-puzzler." Sam smiles and runs off towards Ellen and Mia, Andy trailing behind him.

I raise a brow and scoff. "Yeah, right."

"He struck out. Why do I find that strangely satisfying?" Felix says.

"And you say I'm competitive!" Jake chuckles.

"Hey, Jake!" Trent calls from across the grounds, kicking a ball towards Jake, who catches it with ease before passing it back. "You should join the team. There's training after school tomorrow."

"Maybe this reality isn't so bad." Felix muses.

"Except we're living in a shed and we're always hungry and..." Jake trails off. "Oh, yeah, there's a demon tryin' to kill us."

"But here, my brother can walk and my family actually like me." Felix says.

"Don't you want to go home, Felix?" I ask and Felix doesn't answer.

/ / /

"OK, take your seats, ladies and gents. Nature waits for no-one." Bates says as we file onto the bus. I slip into a seat beside Ariel, who had been desperate to sit directly behind Jake and Sam. 

"This is so exciting!" Ariel squeals. 

"Really? Nature?" I say in disbelief. 

"No. Sitting behind your cousins!" Ariel rolls her eyes as if stating the obvious. Jake looks over his shoulder and raises a brow at us, but I swear his lips twitch up in a smile. 

I look over at my bubbly friend and her blonde hair, brown eyes and sweet smile. Even though it was a parallel universe, I was going to miss her. A lot.

"OK, give me your wrist, Sammy, and close your eyes." Mia said, loud enough to catch mine, Jake's , Sam's and Ariel's attention. She slips a woven leather bracelet, much like Sam's, onto Sammy's wrist. 

"A bracelet?" Sammy raises a brow.

"An anniversary gift." Mia smiles.

"Thanks, babe."

"Do you like it?" She asks shyly.

"Sure. Thanks." Sammy says before turning back to his phone.

"It's so bizarre. It's like watching my evil twin." Sam sighs bitterly.

 "Well, I guess this... place," He briefly flits his eyes towards Ariel, who was, of course, listening intently. "Can be pretty confusing."

"Which is why I can't wait to get home." Sam says.

"Haven't you ever thought, what if this is home?" I lean forward in my seat and join the conversation.

"Dude. Seriously?" 

I shrug and sit back, fishing through my bag for Eclipse, much to Ariel's dismay.

"Taylor! Why?!" She rolls her eyes and pulls her phone out of her pocket, clicking something and connecting her earbuds. She snatches my book out of my hands and shoves it back in my bag before handing me a bud. I slip it in my ear and smile as we listen to Jamie All Over, Mayday Parade

Well, for about one sweet minute.

"Come on, try and get it!" Trent laughs from the back of the bus. Me and Ariel, along with most of the other Year 10's, turn in our seats to watch.

"Hey! Hey, give it back. Get off!" Mike flaps his arms trying to swipe the fluffy toy unicorn from Trent's hands.

"Trent, Dylan, behave." Mr. Bates warningly folds his arms over his chest.

"No! Stop it!"

Trent throws the unicorn and it lands by Jake's foot. "Hey, Jake, over here." Trent calls, holding his hands out for the toy. Mike runs over and crouches beside Jake's seat.

"You okay?" Jake picks up the unicorn and hands it back to Mike, who nods and quickly moves back to his seat.

"So. Cute." Ariel mouths to me, causing me to smile and roll my eyes.

"Alrighty, listen up. Welcome to the Year 10 science excursion, which is quite literally a walk in the park- the Bremin Ranges National Park."

Ariel groans and slips her bud back in her ear before pressing play on the song, happily dancing in the middle of the bus. I smile at her, and before I know it, I'm dancing too.

/ / /

We step off the bus I walk up to Felix, Andy, Sam and Jake. Naturally, Ariel follows me.

"In front of all her friends?" Andy questions as we join them.

"Absolutely. There's nothing cooler than a public declaration of your feelings." Felix assures him, a smirk playing on his lips.

"Good advice." Andy nods his head before walking up to Ellen and her friends.

"You are evil." I say to him.

"But hilarious." Felix smirks as the five of us watch as Andy talks to Ellen.

"I've never had a girlfriend before and..." Andy starts and Ariel creases her forehead.

"Oh. My. God." She says in dismay as the conversation continues. "This is gonna go horribly wrong." 

Me, Jake, Sam and Felix can't help but nod in agreement.

"Are you crazy?" Ellen cries as her friends start to giggle behind her.

"Jake was sick. That bit is true. And the other truth is that I was afraid to meet you." Andy admits sheepishly and Ellen pulls on his arm, leading him away to talk privately.

Ariel continues with her live commentary. "Ooh! She watches with intent until Ellen finally caves. "And there she goes."

Felix sighs as the Ellen and Andy smile at each other, and I pat his shoulder before heading over to Bates and the other students.

"Alright, Year 10's, listen up. Form groups as I call out your names." He tells us, pulling out a clipboard.

"We have to stick together." Andy whispers to us.

"Mike, Sam, Tammy, Jack and Trent."

"Bummer." Sam says.

"They can't put Mike with that meathead." Jake complains, and Sam lightly hits him on the arm.

"Focus. That's not why we're here."

"Andy, Dylan, Christian, Cassie and Luke." Bates continues. "Ah, Sammy, Michelle, John, Alex and Ellen.

"Boring. See you after the walk." Ellen says to Andy, walking to her group.

"Ellen?" Andy starts to follow her.

"Daniel, Alexis, Jake, Ariel and Taylor."

"Yes!" Ariel squeals. I look at Jake, who doesn't move and slowly shakes his head.

"Which leaves Shirley, Madeline, Ryan and Felix." Bates finishes. "If I have already called your names, please get into your groups. Come on, now, get organised."

"This way." Andy tells us, and we walk forward towards the edge of the trees.

 "Taylor? Come on." Ariel says, pulling at my arm away from the four boys.

"Ariel," I manage to escape from her grip. "If I don't see you again... thank you for being the best best friend. And you were right. My cousins are cute."

She looks at me slightly confused about the first part, but smiles at me anyway. 

"Here," I slip one of my bracelets off my wrist and hand it to her. "I want you to have this. To remember-"

"Just hop into your groups there, new boys and girl. The other Year 10's won't bite, I hope. But if they do, they've all had their shots, so..." Bates trails off.

"Tay," Jake waves a hand to me. "Come on."

Ariel watches me join the boys for a minute before walking towards her own group, tying the bracelet onto her wrist.

Andy shoves his blue hat onto his head before shouting, "Go! Run!"

The five of us tear through the trees, Bates madly blowing his whistle and some of the other students laughing as we take off. The bush rushes past us until we slow along a dirt path, trees fully surrounding us and no longer close to Bates.

"Awesome!" Andy says and slaps Jake's palm.

"I remember this place," Felix plops down on the ferns. "Oh, yeah, this is where Jake emptied out your backpack." 

"Yeah, I was a bonehead back then and I officially say I'm sorry Andy. And Felix." A slight smile pulls at Jake's lips as he looks at me. "And Taylor."

"I was a bonehead too. Less than him though." Sam laughs.

"We've all changed. I was a nerd, but... No longer." Andy concludes and the rest of us look at each other in protest.

 Thunder rumbles overhead and the five of us look at the cloudy grey sky. "Sudden storm. Like the last time. Confluence of repeating events." Andy states.

"Still a nerd." Sam says.

Felix pushes himself off the ground. "We went that way, I remember."

"Let's go." Andy sets off in front with Jake and Sam, but I point to Felix's chest where the Talisman hung.

"Felix, it's glowing again."

He holds it in his palm and watches for a minute as it glows. "Stay together!" He calls out to the other three, and we run ahead to catch up.

/ / /

"Home, here we come. This has been the worst experience of my life." Sam says, leading us deeper into the bush.

"I guess so." Andy shrugs.

"Come on, man. You mean you don't hate it here?" Sam complains.

"Most of it."

I sigh and jump down off the log next to them.

"If I had to break it down, 60 to 70% - hate it, 17% -over-stimulated mainly because a girl likes me and 13 to 20% -kinda fun."

Jake then steps beside us. "In my world, my Mum works two jobs just to pay the rent. I don't wanna drag her back into that."

"Technically, Jake, she still exists in both places." Andy points out.

"My Dad spares everything for me. I don't want him to live like that anymore." I tell them.

"Well, my brothers here hate me and my parents have replaced me, so I 110% want to go home." Sam finishes and starts walking again. "Come on."

"This is where we went over." Andy glues his eyes down over the overhang.

"I suppose we have to do the same again." Sam says.

"If we want be scientific." I roll my eyes at Felix's mocks.

I follow their gaze below. "I don't remember it being this high."

"We've done it before." Sam nudges my shoulder.

"Accidentally." 

"Let's do it." Sam says confidently, ignoring my protests. The boys don't move, and I bite my bottom lip and inch forward when I realise they're waiting for me. 

Suddenly, someone pushes my back. 

"Sam!" I slap him away.

Sighing, I take another cautious step forwards.

"Taylor, are you afraid of heights?" Felix asks from the back of the group as he watches my slow progress.

"Yes." I reply, gluing my eyes to the drop. "Who wouldn't be?"

I take a deep breath before moving slightly closer, until I feel Jake clasp my hand.

"I'll do it with you." He says and I gratefully smile at him. "Ready?"

"3..." I grip Jake's hand tighter.

"2..." I squeeze my eyes shut.

"1..." We take the leap.

/ / /

"Holy crap." I say as the ground comes rushing up to meet me. 

"You okay?" Jake sits up beside me, rubbing his forehead. I nod before Andy and Sam tumble down after us, closely followed by Felix.

"Nice landing." Andy says as Felix hits the bottom with a heavy thud.

"What happened?" Sam asks.

"Every time we separate, the Talisman stops working."

"Have you checked the batteries?" Andy says.

"Oh Ha-ha. I don't get you. You believe in wormholes and every other hare-brained scientific theory ever invented but not magic." Felix points out, before Andy argues, "Quantum physics can be proven."

"What if magic just science that hasn't been explained yet?" Felix defends as thunder grumbles above us.

"Felix, where to now, huh?" Sam pushes himself up. "You were the map guy."

"You said you knew the way, right?"

"This is where I lost the map." Felix admits.

"And we went around in circles." Sam groans. "Great."

Felix then pulls out a black book from his bag, opening the cover.

"You wrote down directions in your diary?" Jake asks as he watches Felix flip through the pages.

"I write lots of things."

Andy looks at the clouds rolling overhead. "The storm's gathering force. Just like last time. I vote we head towards it." 

Felix snaps his book shut. "Yeah, that makes sense."

"Come on." Jake smiles down at me, taking my outstretched hand and pulls me up, walking alongside me as we follow the rest of the boys.

/ / /

"What does a wormhole actually look like?" Sam asks as we walk deeper into the forest along a muddy track.

"A geometric tunnel that cuts through space and time." Andy says.

"Can't see one of those." Sam states the obvious and Felix looks up into the trees.

"But I see one of those things again. Maybe it has something to do with Phoebe's sister."  He says, taking one of the hanging charms off the branch. "See, Andy? A sign of magic."

He holds it up to show him.

"More like arts and crafts class." Andy defends his typical scientific thinking and I roll my eyes, slipping the thing out of Felix's hand to look at it.

"You are going to be so embarrassed when I prove magic is real."

"I am not!"

I toss the charm back to Felix and Jake shoves past the two boys. 

"Will you two just shut up." He says.

Sam slips in between Felix and Andy. "Eyes on the prize, guys. Eyes on the prize. Come on."

/ / /

"Hurry, storms coming!" Andy shouts over the angry crashes of thunder. 

"This place looks really familiar." Jake says, looking around the five of us.

"Yeah, I remember it too." Sam sounds almost excited.

"Isn't that were we...?" I ask, pointing to a low canopy of trees.

"Spent the night? Yeah." Andy agrees.

"Come on, let's go." Sam takes off through the trees and Jake follows him. Felix stays behind, looking at the Talisman. 

"What's up?" I ask him, watching as he cups the Talisman in his hands.

"This isn't..." He starts but Andy cuts him off.

"Come on." He says, and we follow the others into the trees.

"We're going home!" Sam cries as we run.

"Yes!"

"Finally!" 

The two boys vault over logs and zigzag in the undergrowth before Sam trips and falls, pulling Jake down with him. A large net disguised with leaves falls over them, and Felix trips over them. 

"Guys!" I kneel down beside them, tugging helplessly at the net.

"Are you OK?" Andy says.

"Get us out! Taylor, come on!" Jake struggles beneath the camouflaged net as I pull at the ropes.

"Andy, get us out of here."

"Yeah, okay!" I tell them, watching annoyedly at Andy standing there doing nothing.

"Guys, the Talisman." Felix says, dropping into the mud to find it.

"Keep still!" I say, batting Sam's fighting arms away.

"Stop! You're making it worse!" Jake says to Sam. 

"Guys, I can't find it!" Felix tells us, digging through a pile of fallen leaves.

"Andy, help get this thing off us!" The boys say in demand.

"Wait." Andy says, cautiously looking around us.

Suddenly, a cold shiver runs up my spine and I drop the edge of the net, slowly standing up.

"Taylor!" 

"Dudes!"

"Something's coming." I find a large stick off the floor and poise it protectively in front of me.

"Argh!" Andy jumps back and I let out a rebel yell, holding the stick above my head when something emerges from the trees.

"Roland?" I watch as the man lets his club fall to his side as he sees us and I do the same.

"What are you kids doing back here?" He says.

"We're trapped, obviously!" Sam snaps, trying to lift the net above his head slightly.

"Not the desired outcome but a success, nonetheless." Roland watches as the boys fight beneath the net.

"Can you get us out?" Jake asks.

"Get on the other end of that net, kid."

"I'm soaked!" The boys complain. "What a stupid place for a net to be anyway."

"So, Roland, why'd you decide to live in the forest?" Andy asks, grabbing the end of the net to try to lift it off Jake and Sam.

"Well, the thing is..." Roland began, but suddenly froze mid-sentence. Andy was flung backwards as he looks up at us, his eyes a deep black and dark purple shadows around his eyes.

"Roland?" 

"Felix." I feel my legs begin to shake and I slowly back away as Demon Roland follows me, his head and neck twitching weirdly with each step. "Felix!" I catch the attention of the other boys and Felix widens his eyes and begins frantically searching for the Talisman at the sight of Demon Roland.

"Dude, stop playing around!" Sam whines as he struggles beneath the net.

My heart begins to pound a little faster as Roland continues to follow me. 

"Andy! Help me look!" Felix tells him, keeping a cautious eye on me and the demon.

Roland suddenly lifts me up with ease, tossing me through the air like I was nothing. I slam hard onto the ground and feel a sharp sting in my back, letting a loud yelp of pain slip through my lips at the force of impact.

"Taylor!" Jake cries out to me as he watches me collapse limply in the mud and begins to fight the net more violently.

"Andy, find the Talisman!" Felix calls out, backing up against a tree as he gains Demon Roland's attention.

"Guys, get out of here!" Felix yells. "Leave me!"

"No, we're not going anywhere."

Demon Roland twitches his neck again, dropping his club and opting for a heavy fallen log instead. I watch in horror as he poises it towards Jake and Sam.

"No!" I scream and squirm desperately in the mud, forcing myself up through the pain and scrabbling towards the two boys, who had managed to kick the net off of themselves. My eyes were blurred with tears and I felt my legs buckle beneath me as the log is flung in our direction. I put my hands protectively over my face and feel an arm suddenly slip around my waist, pulling me out of the way.

"Andy, help us!" Jake pants as the three of us dive behind a tree. We watch with dread as the demon walks back over to Felix, who was laying in pain on the ground.

"Felix, run!" I try to scream. I was surprised how shaky my voice was.

Jake still had his arm firmly around my waist and I slip my hand into his, gripping it tight.

"Divinity of the Elements I summon Thee. Earth, Water, Aether, Air, Fire." Felix begins to chant as Demon Roland towers ominously above him.

"Stay here." Jake says to me before charging out towards Roland with Sam, holding small helpless sticks in defence.

"Andy!" I point a shaky finger towards the bush. "The Talisman!"

"Divinity of the Elements I summon Thee," Felix chokes again as the demon lifts him into the air. "Earth... Water..." 

"Come on!" Andy yells, holding up the glowing Talisman in his hand. The demon tosses Felix to the floor and glues his eyes to Andy's fist.

"Felix! Now!" I cry.

"Divinity of the Elements I summon Thee! Earth... Water... Aether... Air... Fire." It felt as if the world fell into slow motion and I slowly open my eyes to see Roland shaking and spluttering.

"OK, magic totally exists." Andy caves and looks in amazement at the Talisman.

"What happened?" Roland looks at Andy and then at the four of us lying on the ground.

"You were possessed!" Jake says.

"What do you mean?"

"You were crazy, dude!" Sam waves an accusing hand at Roland.

"No, I- I can't remember," He says worriedly. "What happened to them?" He says, concerning me and Felix. 

"You happened." 

"I'm OK." Felix assures us and I rub my throbbing back.

"Sure." I weakly shrug.

"I warned you, kids. This place is dangerous. I can't... I can't stay here. I can't stay in this place." He starts to back away.

"That's cool with us. But we need to start a fire, like last time." Sam says.

"You kids can't satay here either."

"Says who?" Sam argues.

"We were planning on staying the night." Andy tells him.

"Are you insane? This place is malevolent. Strange stuff happens here. I know it." Roland warns us.

"Well, we're not leaving." Sam says.

"You may not have a choice." Roland looks gravely at us before turning away into the trees.

"What'd he mean by that?" Jake asks, pushing himself up.

"Who cares? What about you, brainy dude?" Sam picks up a few sticks from the ground. "Demon slayer!"

I yelp slightly as I try to stand up, holding onto the tree for support.

"Felix, I was wrong and I apologise. Magic exists. I've seen it with my own eyes." Andy admits.

Felix smirks as he stands up. "Hallelujah."

"Tay," Jake slips an arm around my shoulder. "You okay?"

I shake my head and bite my bottom lip, wrapping my arm around Jake's waist for support, leaning into him slightly and he helps me over to the other boys.

"The demon seems to get more powerful each time it manifests," Felix says. "You know, there's still time to make it to the bus."

"Are you kidding me? After all that?" Sam asks annoyedly.

"Maybe it's not too late to see Phoebe. Andy, you've seen magic. That's why we're here. Not wormholes." 

"We had a deal."

"He may have a point, Sam." Jake says.

"The existence of magic is definitely a game changer." Andy interjects.

"No way. I'm not giving up." Sam snaps, chucking the sticks to the ground and sitting miserably on a log.

"Come on, Sam. Maybe Felix is right." Jake offers, sitting down next to him.

"You go, then. I'm staying." Sam says bitterly as Felix and Andy sit as well. Jake then helps me down next to them.

"That's even more pointless." Felix says, putting the Talisman back around his neck.

"Do you guys even want to go home?" Sam asks.

"Sam, we all do." Andy assures him.

"Well, it didn't sound like it." He grumbles. 

"OK, Sam. I'll stay with you." Andy tells him.

"Alright, I guess I will too." Jake says.

"Alright, then." Felix sighs. The boys then turn to me.

"Fine." I gave in before a crack of a twig comes from the undergrowth.

"What was that?" Sam snaps his head up.

"Is the demon back?" Felix asks.

"Worse, it's Bates." Jake says, causing us to all groan.

"Just what do you think you're doing?" He asks gravely.

"Man, no!" Sam whines.

"Roland! What a traitor!" Andy says accusingly.

"You've got my nulla-nulla. I need it." Roland states, pointing at the club in Andy's hands.

"You five are in very serious trouble. You've ruined the excursion for everyone. I've got exhausted students on the bus back there, while you sit here and do what? Make camp?" Bates says.

"Just leave us here." Sam sighs.

"Well, that's not gonna happen. On your feet now."

Jake helps me back up and slings an arm around my shoulders, positioning mine around his waist as we reluctantly follow Bates back to the bus.

/ / /

"And I want to see the five of you tomorrow before class." Bates tells us as we clamber back into the bus. Students booed at us as we slipped into seats and Andy held his arms up protectively, batting things thrown at us away.

"Taylor, what happened?" Ariel rushes up to me, and shifts her gaze beside me to Jake. "I'll take her." She offers, but Jake just shakes his head and tightens his arms around me.

I slide into a window seat and naturally, Jake slips beside me.

Mike was sitting a few seats in front and a hard ball flew into the back of his head.

Laughter erupted from the back of the bus. 

"A beautiful goal! And Bremin takes the flag once again." Trent smirks.

I try to stand up to say something, but for obvious reasons, I fall back into my seat. Jake walks down the aisle and towers above Trent, causing him to shrink cowardly back into his seat.

"You do that again and I'll bounce that thing off your head. Got it?" Jake glares at Trent, who quickly nods. "Oh, and about the football...? Not interested." 

Jake then slides back into his seat next to me, watching my quiet expression.

"You should've thwacked him." I muse and Jake chuckles, shaking his head slightly. He wraps an arm back around me and I rest my head on his shoulder.

"Only you, Taylor."

I sigh and close my eyes contentedly on Jake's shoulder, because for once during this whack experience, I felt safe. 

And I liked it.

/ / /

"An altar and a tree with the same spiral pattern as the restoring demon. Maybe it was left by Phoebe's sister." Felix muses as we walk back to the shack. Andy was in front and me, Jake and Sam walked slightly behind.

"Who disappeared in the same forest. Is there a link between her and us?" Andy wonders.

"That's why I need to get her Book Of Shadows, see if there is." Felix tells us.

I walk quietly alongside the boys. My back was still sore, but I was able to walk properly on my own now. Jake still walked close beside me just in case, though. 

"Magic is a whole new mindset. New rules, new-" Andy began but I cut him off.

"Shh." I hiss, ducking down behind a tree as two policemen stood at the door of the shack.

"Police! Open up!" Gary Riles orders as he bangs on the door. Giving up, he pushes it open and walks inside.

"That's my Dad again." Jake sighs as he and the boys crouch down as well.

"No sign of them." The other cop says. "They're definitely staying here, Sarge. Want me to check the bush?"

"No, I will. Oi! Kids! Jake!" Riles calls.

"Let's get out of here." Jake finally says, and we all turn away from the shack. Well, most of us anyway. Sam stops behind the four of us for a minute.

"Sam!" Jake jogs up to him in a crouch position, cautious of the officers. "Come on."

I look back over my shoulder for a moment as the shack grows smaller and smaller, blending into the trees as we run further away.

(Not Edited)

Continuă lectura

O să-ți placă și

8.2K 232 10
Ember sees the world as black and white. There are good people and there are bad people, but these four boys will teach her that not everything is bl...
35.8K 1K 12
Classic closeted gay best friends get together love story Mattia don't read this
1.3K 8 24
this book has one-shots written by both myself and my friend HeyIt'sKat from DA, Mine will have a <3 so you know who wrote what. neither of us lik...
4.5K 123 19
Bremin, the quiet town where nothing happens. Well aside from four boys going missing and then a very bizarre police investigation, but that was abou...