COTE\OC Unpolished Diamond Ye...

By Ryuzu__

After his first year at the Advanced Nurturing High School, Fukazawa Yato is about to start his second year a... More

Bio
OC's Recap
Prologue
Volume 1: New Stage
Bio
Volume 1: New Journey
Volume 1: Meeting
Volume 1: Delinquents
Volume 1: Suspicion
Volume 1: All in
Volume 1: Shopping
Volume 1: The worst future?
Volume 1: The Sound of Expulsion
Volume 1: Behind the scenes
Volume 1 SS
Volume 2: Similarity
Volume 2: Student Council
Volume 2: Summer's almost here
Volume 2: Strategy
Volume 2: Preparation begins
Volume 2: First-Year Preparation
Volume 2: Question
Volume 2: End of the first semester
Volume 2 SS
Volume 3: Last day before the Special Exam
Volume 3: Uninhabited Island Exam begins
Volume 3: Sense of danger
Volume 3: Beach Volley
Volume 3: The Invisible Enemy
Volume 3: Day 4
Volume 3: Imminent confrontation?
Volume 3: Panic
Volume 3: The Seeds of Unrest
Volume 3 SS
Volume 4: Doubts
Volume 4: New Group
Volume 4: Uninhabited Island Exam begins Part.2
Special Short Story # 2
Volume 4: Run
Volume 4: Experience
Volume 4: Desir to fight
Volume 4: Beginning of the hunt
Volume 4: All-out battle
Volume 4: Surprise
Volume 4: Different worlds
Volume 4 SS
Volume 4.5: Long-awaited vacations
Volume 4.5: Expectations
Volume 4.5: Birthday Party Stratagem
Volume 4.5: Ugliness
Volume 4.5: Breakfast
Volume 4.5: Justice
Volume 4.5: The winner is...
Volume 4.5: Date

Volume 2: Brothers

1.3K 62 50
By Ryuzu__

Chapter 8

Around the same time, Horikita and Yato were talking

Third Person Pov:

After school, a lot of students were spending their free time in the Keyaki Mall. It was the principal place where students could go to spend time with their friends or just spend some free time alone. Cafes, stores, cinemas, restaurants, karaoke...many activities or places to enjoy your time were established by the school to satisfy a normal teenager's needs.

The Keyaki Mall was bustling even though the school day had just ended. People started going to their favorite stores, cafes or other services offered here...

It didn't exclude a single student who decided to come here as soon as his class ended. He was sitting alone at one of the tables placed outside of the cafes.

He was reading his books with a cup of coffee on the table. People were passing close to him and chatting with their friends, but he didn't mind the noise and continued to read.

Was he too absorbed by his book?

Or was he simply able to focus on his reading while having noise or some disturbances close to him?

The answer was the latest one...because suddenly as he was reading a smile appeared on his face...

???: Finally...you're difficult to corner...you know that?

Suddenly another student arrived close to him and said those words...The person sitting there while reading his book didn't answer immediately and finished his page until...

TAP

As soon as he finished reading his page, he closed his book without any hesitation and raised his head to look at the person standing in front of him...

Masachika: Ahh Tsubaki-chan! I started to think you wouldn't come!

Indeed the single student here reading his book was a Masachika Kuze from the 1-A. The other girl was Tsubaki Sakurako from the 1-C.

Tsubaki: Of course, I would come...after all, I tried to meet you for a moment already but you have been ignoring the messages I was sending you...

Without asking first, she took the seat in front of Masachika and kept her same attitude without taking her gaze off him.

Tsubaki: It's a good thing you finally agreed to meet me before the situation went overboard.

As Tsubaki mentioned, she tried to set up a meeting with Masachika for a moment already. Precisely since their first special exam ended. But Masachika has been ignoring her since then...

Masachika: Before the situation overboard? Are you perhaps implying that I would have been in trouble otherwise?

Tsubaki: ...

She didn't answer, but her look said it all.

Masachika: How scary~~

But despite just being menaced...Masachika just kept his smirk and seemed amused by all this.

Masachika: From what I heard you guys of 1-C have been accusing Hosen of the loss of your classmate and have been complaining about his behavior...but look at you...menacing the poor student I am by using Utomiya's strength as a threat against me...It's just laughable!

Tsubaki: Don't play the victim here Masachika...everyone who knew about the bounty started to understand that it had been leaked by someone...otherwise Fukazawa Yato wouldn't have been able to prevent us any attempt against Ayanakoji-senpai.

Masachika: Oh are you seriously thinking this "someone" would be me?

Tsubaki: Of course...pairing with him during the exam wasn't the best way to hide the fact you helped him.

That's right. As soon the people aware of the bounty saw that Masachika Kuze paired up with Fukazawa Yato in the previous exam. They all started to assume that Masachika leaked info to him...

Masachika: Wow...forget what I said earlier...THIS is laughable haha!

Tsubaki: ...

Tsubaki just remained silent while Masachika laughed a bit...

Masachika: You see...Personally, I think it's you Tsubaki-chan who leaked the info about the bounty to Fukazawa-senpai!

Tsubaki: What?

Tsubaki was taken by surprise by Masachika's statement...her first thought that crossed her mind was that he was lying...but she kept her calm and started thinking about it while remaining silent...until she realized that there was maybe more behind this than she originally thought...

Because even she didn't know this herself...it was Utomiya Riku and Tsubaki Sakurako herself who originally warned Fukazawa Yato about the bounty. They went to the rooftop to talk about the bounty, but they didn't know that Fukazawa Yato was there and heard everything they said.

That's why when Masachika originally planned to reveal the bounty on Ayanakoji Kiyotaka's head...he was surprised to see Fukazawa Yato already aware of it. He then concluded he managed to learn it in another way...until he reached the conclusion it was maybe Tsubaki herself...

Tsubaki: ...

But even if she thought about it for a short moment...she couldn't reach the right conclusion that Utomiya and her were responsible for this.

Tsubaki: No matter who warned him...By your actions, you definitely stopped us from obtaining the bounty.

Masachika: Oh and this is a bad thing?

Tsubaki: No it's not...but only if you would also be after the bounty. But so far you seem the one you did the least to obtain this bounty...

As she said, it would have been normal for Masachika to prevent Hosen, Nanase, Amasawa, Tsubaki and the other people after the bounty if his goal was to obtain it for himself. But as Tsubaki mentioned, Masachika had done nothing so far that showed that he was interested in this bounty.

The one and only time he approached Ayanakoji was only to make fun of him and his low score in the OAA app.

Tsubaki: That's why I want to know...what kind of game are you playing?

Masachika: Who cares about what I'm looking for...anyway it's not as if you and Utomiya had a real plan to expel Ayanakoji-senpai right? In fact, you should be grateful that I stopped Hosen and his plan!

Even without Fukazawa Yato's intervention, Hosen's plan would have failed because of Amasawa leaving some clue behind her actions to be sure Ayanakoji would understand the situation.

Do Masachika and Tsubaki know about it?

Who knows?

Tsubaki: Maybe back then we weren't prepared...but that's why I wanted to meet you Masachika. Because I won't have time for your child's play and you being a nuisance when we will really go after Ayanakoji-senpai bounty.

Tsubaki wasn't really interested in the meaning of Masachika's actions. She wanted to assure herself when they would try expelling Ayanakoji Kiyotaka...Masachika won't be a problem for them.

Masachika: Oh and let me guess...From now either I listen to you or get threatened, right?

With a smirk, he asked this to Tsubaki who kept her calm.

Tsubaki: Pretty much...I plan to expel Ayanakoji-senpai during the next special exam, and I won't be bothered. That's why...you still haven't formed a group, right?

Masachika didn't answer anything because even if Tsubaki asked it...She knew because of the OAA that is informing everyone about the group formation. As the OAA show, Masachika wasn't in any group yet...

Tsubaki: That's why I want you to join mine. Like that, I will be able to keep an eye on you during the two weeks...

Masachika: Ohh~~ Two weeks with Tsubaki-chan huh?

Tsubaki: With two other people to be able to monitor every one of your movements.

Masachika: That's very funny...you're talking as if I was the one you should be wary of, Tsubaki-chan.

Tsubaki: Indeed, you warned Fukazawa Yato after all...

Masachika: Huuh I see I see...

Suddenly Masachika started to smirk...

Masachika: And because of that I'm your priority? Personally, I find this waaaay more suspicious...

As he said this, his gaze switched to something else...Tsubaki naturally started looking in the same direction as him, and they saw a group walking in the Keyaki Mall.

This group walking in the Keyaki Mall was composed of Kushida Kikyo, Yagami Takuya and Ayanakoji Kiyotaka.

Tsubaki: ...

Tsubaki continued looking in their direction until she turned her head to face Masachika again...

Tsubaki: ...

Masachika had already stopped looking at them as he was already looking at Tsubaki with his smirk.

Masachika: I'm the one you needed to keep an eye on the most? Is this still the case after seeing this scene?

Without wasting a second, she took out her phone and got up from her seat...

Masachika was right. Tsubaki's suspicions about Masachika were due to the fact that he warned Fukazawa Yato about the Ayanakoji's bounty and about Hosen's plan.

That's why even if Yagami Takuya also showed no sign of wanting to expel Ayanakoji Kiyotaka so far...she considered Masachika Kuze as her main problem...but this scene completely changed the done.

Yagami already managed to get a certain reputation among the first year, but he wasn't someone Tsubaki could lower her guard with. As long he was aware of the bounty he was a potential element that could be in her way.

Now that he's making a move with Ayanakoji, he has become a problem more concerning than Masachika for the moment.

Tsubaki who immediately understood the situation was about to follow them from a certain distance...

But she stopped abruptly...

Tsubaki: Wait...

"There is something wrong here"

That's what crossed Tsubaki's mind at this precise moment...

Tsubaki: ...

Before chasing Yagami and the others...she slowly turned around to take a last look at Masachika who was looking at her with a smile.

Tsubaki: !!!

As soon she met Masachika's gaze, multiple thoughts and doubts came to her mind...

Why after ignoring her for all that time Masachika finally agreed to meet her?

Why today? Why today at this precise moment?

Why did he smirke when he noticed this group coming in their direction?

Why does this situation seem strangely too convenient for Masachika?

Tsubaki: Did he...

While all these questions crossed Tsubaki's mind, Masachika just raised his cup of coffee in the air and with his smile...

Masachika: Thanks for the offer to join your group Tsubaki-chan! I gladly accept this offer!

With a sharp gaze, she continued looking at him while he finished his cup of coffee, but he just ingored her and reopened his book...

Masachika: I don't mind being watched by you since I agreed to team up with you but...you sure letting these three walk away is the good thing to do?

Tsubaki: You're right...I expect you to accept my request about the formation of the group then.

Tsubaki then turned around and immediately started heading in the same direction as Kushida, Yagami and Ayanakoji left...

With a single thought in mind...

Masachika was more dangerous than she initially thought...

.

.

.

Time skip

Yato Pov:

Yato: ...

With my hands in my pocket, I was walking outside. Night fell for a moment already after this day which ended up being more troublesome than I originally planned...

Yato: Sighs...

What happened earlier was still in my mind...I thought I made it clear the first time, but despite my first warning, Suzune still tried to make that step toward me. I ended up talking more than I should have this time...but I hope she gets it and stops asking anything related to understanding and helping the person I am.

Touma, Gou, Suzune or anyone else...

It's too late for them to try anything... I already "crossed the line" a long time ago. We don't live in the same world anymore.

Including them, sharing my problems, and my worries, and counting on them would make me more of a horrible person than I am already.

I can't become weak again... because every time it happens, it's not me who paid for it...but the others.

I need to continue on this path alone...or with people already on this "side of the line".

Touma and Gou weren't supposed to be here at this school...just like the people I met here were only supposed to be people I met on my path...but would as soon disappear once my journey here was done. Disappear from their life as from their mind.

That's why even if I mock Kiyo about his "dream" of having a normal high school life here...it's something that already crossed my mind. Being able to forget my past and my real self and be able to enjoy a normal high school life. "Create" a new self as Kuishida did and be a new Fukazawa Yato here...

But this thought that crossed my mind immediately disappeared when I met that man close to the school gate.

In fact, it was a chance to meet him there...it was a reality check for me as it made me understand I could never run from my "real" self and my life. It was already too late for me to have the thought of enjoying a normal life. Even here in this school...this might turn into a real battlefield in the future...

That's why...the least people who know about me or are close to me the better it is...

DING

Yato: ...

Suddenly as I was walking outside while thinking about all this, I heard a notification coming from my phone.

I took it out to see the message and quickly closed the messaging app as I didn't need to answer this message I just received...it was more a confirmation than anything else.

That's why I just closed my phone and put it back into my pocket after receiving the confirmation of a certain matter I was working on for a certain time already.

Yato: ...

I continued to walk in silence outside at night... I was walking on a certain sidewalk close to the bay of Tokyo. From here we could also see the city from a certain distance. All the light from the city was nice to see after all this time here...

When I think about it, I'm almost done half of my time here...

I still remember when Mori told me I would go back to school...At first, I was so annoyed...even more after seeing Dazai's smirk who already knew Mori's decision.

Back then I thought it would be a waste of time but in fact...this journey will be determinant for my future if my doubts are right...

For the first time...instead of always looking in front of me and the right path to take...Being here helped me to stop and take a step behind to be able to grasp the bigger picture going on. About myself and my surroundings...

That's why I finally understood the reason why Mori sent me to this school...but there is still one thing bothering me...

Why allow Touma and Gou to come here?

If my hunch is right, it's definitely to make me understand that there might be enemies among these new first-year students as he removed two possibly on the 160 initial...

But still...

There were still many ways to warn me about this...

Yato: Sighs...

It's kind of pissing me off cause I just feel like I'm a piece on a chessboard...Mori is moving his pieces on the board against these potential enemies...

Would I be the "King" or the "Queen" in this game of chess?

Or maybe as Amasawa said I give myself too much importance and I'm just a simple pawn...

Who knows?

Yato: ...

After a moment of walking outside and thinking about a lot of stuff, I finally arrived at my destination.

Further away in front of me there was someone sitting on a bench...Someone who sent me a text earlier to come and meet him here for a talk...

Yato: It was about time...you realized handing over the dirty work was useless Touma?

I said this with a smirk, and Touma who was looking at the city of Tokyo started looking at me...totally unamused by what I had just said.

Touma: Still...you can't deny asking Horikita-senpai was worth it, right?

Yato: Huuh? Since when did you become a sneaky bastard like your older brother huh?

Amused by all this I just decided to sit next to him while leaning my arms on the back of the bench.

Touma: I didn't use Horikita-senpai...She was the one who asked for my help...

Yato: That's right, and you saw her weakness and decided to use it for your own benefit...pretty much what I said...

Touma: ...

I kept looking at him with a smirk until he just sighed and started looking in front of us again...

Touma: You're annoying...You can't help but have the last word huh?

Yato: That's right I haven't changed...

My smirk quickly disappeared as I became a bit more serious...

Yato: But what about you? Why making Suzune being involved by asking her to ask me this question? Even more when I thought you already had an answer to this as you said yourself?

Touma: ...

That's right...to the question "Is Fukazawa Yato dead?"

I thought Touma had his answer the last time I saw him...when he told me I died the same day as Mom and Dad.

Touma: What? Is it wrong to hope I didn't lose my brother forever?

Yato: ...

I stayed silent and continued looking at him despite the fact that he wasn't looking at me but in front of him.

Yato: Sighs...

Seeing he didn't have any intention of facing me I also started looking in front of me...

Yato: Having hope and dreams is great...but sadly they don't always realize.

Touma: I see. So you're claiming that I was a fool for hoping that?

Wihout moving my head I just took a glance on my side and saw Touma who started looking at me...with a serious and almost annoyed attitude.

Touma: Then why in the hell did you send this goddamn keychain to Gou?! Why did you give me hope again?!

Yato: ...

I stayed silent a moment...

Yato: I'm just a human...and every human makes mistakes.

Touma: Mistake?!

His eyes widened...

Touma: Yous seriously call this a mistake?! Making her genuinely smile after Keisuke's death was a mistake?!

As he seemed annoyed and angry...his gaze became more serious to my surprise...

Touma: Why can't you just not admit to yourself that the person you were is still there buried under this person you decided to become?!

Yato: The person I decided to become?

I just started looking at him with serious and cold eyes...

Yato: You're wrong...I didn't decide to become this person... I AM this person! I have always been this person deep down! I just always tried my best to make Mom and Dad proud! But in the end...this desire to make them proud coasted their life! You weren't there Touma that night! If only I would have listened to my instinct...Do what is right no matter what I need to do...they would still be alive Touma!

Touma: You're right...I wasn't there. That's why continue...tell me what happened that night. Share with me this burden you have since that night!

Yato: !!!!

My eyes just widened at what he said and his expression...this serious expression and this gaze he had while looking at me...

There was something that changed in him...it wasn't the same gaze from the Touma I knew...The Touma who punched me before walking away the last time I saw him.

Yato: Tsk...

I turned my head to avert my gaze from him...

Yato: There nothing to talk about...the past it's the past, and nothing will change what happened that night...Mom and Dad are dead...end of the story.

There was no need to talk about what happened...But I don't know why...but as I said this I just passed my hand on my forearm and my scars...

Touma: ...

Yato: ...

Just as I thought this would put an end to the conversation...

Touma: You're right...

Yato: ...

I started looking to my left where Touma was and saw that his gaze hadn't changed despite what I just said...

Touma: Mom and Dad died...I lost them that day but Yato...

Yato: !!!

Suddenly I saw his gaze...and started to understand what changed in him...

Touma: No matter what happens to you, to me, to us...You'll remain my brother! That's why I won't ever make the same mistake I did...and most importantly I won't fall for your tricks again Yato! No matter what you say or do... You won't be able to get rid of me 'cause I'm your brother! I refuse to accept that I lost my brother the same day I lost Mom and Dad!

Yato: ...

Touma: ...

As he said this we both remained silent while staring at each other...

Yato: Sighs...

I just lowered my hand and started looking at the ground...

Yato: When I think about it...I never apologize, Touma...

Touma: H-Huh?

Probably because it sounded off-topic but Touma has been surprised to hear this...

Touma: Apologize? What are you saying...

Yato: ...

I stayed silent as a certain scene of my past came back to my mind...it was a rainy day and in front of me there was Touma crying all the tears from his body...I was standing in front of him looking at him crying...until he raised his gaze to look in my direction and our gaze met...I still remember the look in his eyes...For him seeing my attitude and expression on my face...

Yato: I'm sorry to not have been able to cry during Mom and Dad's funeral...

Touma: !!!!!!

This time, even if he managed to keep his calm and seriousness since we began the conversation...for the first time what I said took him by surprise...

Yato: I still remember your expression when you were crying at Mom and Dad's graves and when you saw me standing there in front of you...while not being able to cry a single tear for them...I know it was from this precise moment I lost you...

Touma: N-Nii-san wait...

Yato: In fact, it's just comprehensible...the fact you have been disappointed and disgusted by this view...after all I've been adopted by your parents and given all the love they could give me. They treated me like their own child with you who treated me like your older brother...That's why I know you've been broken to see me not letting out a single tear for them...I could explain how much affected I was but in the end...Not a single tear dropped...and I knew how much it was important for you...When you punched me last time we saw each other and that you claimed that I was dead the same day as Mom and Dad. I felt relieved...knowing you finally managed to free yourself from me and the fact I had been your brother at some point in your life...

Touma: ...

Yato: That's why...leave this school with Gou. I'll give you a certain number and go meet Waka...I have a bank account with more than 150 million yen already prepared. It's all yours...take the cash and leave this place and go have a happy life far from here with Gou...Cause no matter how much I think about it...I cannot see an outcome that I'm not becoming more a horrible person than I am already...

Touma: ...

I raised my head and started looking to my left...

Yato: Touma I'm...

But before I could finish what I was about to say...

GRAB

Touma got up from the bench and just grabbed me by the collar

Touma: YOU'RE SUCH A SELF-CENTRED JERK!

Yato: W-What?

I couldn't help but be surprised by this...Touma's behavior right now was not something he would usually do...

Touma: What did I just tell you?! You're tricks won't work anymore! As much as you try to be the bad guy and try to make people hate you...I won't abandon you a second time!

TAP

He just released his grip from my collar and took a few steps back...

Touma: Let me tell you something else...something you totally unaware Nii-san...do you know what was Dad's last words to me? The last thing he told me before I left the house before their death?!

Yato: ...

Touma: Take care of Yato...

Yato: !!!

Touma: These were the last words that Dad told me...and what did I do? The exact opposite!!

I just saw him tighten up his fist...and saw his expression that changed to something more fragile...

Touma: You can't understand how I can't even look at myself through a mirror without being disgusted by the person I became after Mom and Dad's death!! I always did my best to follow Dad's words and advice, but as soon he wasn't there to look up to me I stopped being the person I wanted to be and turned my back to my brother! I let you be alone because of my selfish and childish attitude! You're right Nii-san! I was mad at you that day! Seeing you standing there while looking at me crying, Mom and Dad... I felt like the only one affected by all this! I feel I couldn't share my pain with my only brother! That my brother turned his back to me! But in the end... I was the one who abandoned you... and Keisuke knew it! He understood the whole situation, but he didn't say a single word about it because he knew I would have been too blind to see the truth about all this! But he didn't say a single word and continued to smile and take care of you instead of me! I thought I was jealous of him because he understood the person you were...but I couldn't see the real problem...which was myself! It's me who decided to ignore you because I was just ignorant! And then...when Keisuke died... I came to the funeral... I accompanied Gou to her brother's funeral with the goal of seeing your reaction this time...how would you react to your best friend's funeral? Would you cry? Something you haven't been able to do at the funeral of Mom and Dad? Just when I was asking myself those questions...What I saw was even more depressing...you just didn't show up at all! In more than letting Gou, someone who considered you like her own older brother, you ingored your best friend last moment! Finally...I came confronting you face to face and what I saw back then was a stranger...someone who "killed" the brother I knew for all these years...

Yato: ...

Touma: But you know what?! I finally realized something Yato... You love being the bad guy! You like being the one that people put the blame on! You like being the villain of the story! Why? Because it makes it easier for people to abandon you on their own! Leaving you behind while they think of you as a horrible human being! It just makes it easier for you to continue on this path you decided to take! That's why you didn't show up to Keisuke's funeral...you weren't unaffected by this...in fact, you were maybe the one whom Keisuke's death affected the most...but you decided to not show up knowing it would cut all the relationship between you us...Gou and I!

Yato: ...

Touma: That's why...these little tricks won't work on me again Nii-san...no matter what you say or do... I'll always stand for you...because it's my responsibility as brother and to fulfill the promise I made with Dad! There's no turning back to my decision!

Yato: ...

I just stayed silent while looking at him taking some long breaths...he was talking a lot and quite fast since it was probably something that he had on his mind for a moment already...

Touma: That's all I wanted to say Nii-san...

He started walking away...

Yato: ...

I looked at him walking away until...

Yato: Sighs...wait Touma.

Touma: ...

He stopped and turned around...

Yato: There is something I want to talk about with you then...

.

.

.

Time skip

Yato Pov:

After my talk with Touma yesterday I went back to my room and got there in time to not miss my show.

I watched it and almost went to sleep immediately after since it was quite late.

We were now on the 7th of July, and there was almost 1 week remaining for the group formation since the deadline was the 16th of July.

After waking up, I took a look at the OAA as usual and saw that a large majority had already formed a group. People took their time before making a choice, but now that the deadline was around the corner, the last people started making the finalization of their group...

Most people formed a group of a minimum of two but a huge majority listened to their teacher's advice and formed a group of three or even four for the first-years.

But there were still a lot of names who weren't part of any group yet...

Like myself, Horikita Suzune, Ayanakoji Kiyotaka, Koenji Rokusuke, Ibuki Mio, Ryuuen Kakeru, Ishizaki Daichi, Takeko Nishino, Kanzaki Ruiji, Kito Hayato, Kiryuin Fuka, Fukazawa Touma and a few others names of people I never interacted with...

The ones who ended up forming the group the fastest were the third-year students. They finalized their groups for a moment already aside from Kiryuin who seemed to have been let on the sideline. Well, it's probably a personal choice anyway...

For us second-year students, there were still some students who weren't part of any groups yet, but I wasn't worried they would form a group. Ishizaki might end up forming a group with Nishino and maybe even Ibuki if Ryuuen orders it. Anyway, there is still time for them to form a group with classmates or students from other classes who haven't chosen a group yet...

Finally, the first-year students decided to use the advantage as they formed a lot of four-person groups. It seems they managed to have good coordination despite being in this school for less than four months as they managed to work with other classes. There were a few who still haven't formed a group yet, and Touma was one of them...

But what really caught my attention was a particular group that had been formed yesterday by some first-year students...

???: Yaaato!

Luck was maybe on my side this morning...which was quite worrying...

But as I was walking to school this morning, someone called my name. I stopped and started looking in this direction.

Yato: Hey Gou...

Gou who just called my name walked to me with her usual smile.

Gou: Good morning!

I just smiled as we exchanged some normal greetings before starting to walk toward the school again.

Yato: The summer vacation is coming up soon...are you ready for it? I saw that you finally formed a group...

Since it was her, I knew I didn't need to lead the conversation beforehand to be able to ask this question without being suspicious...

Gou: Hehe you still looking over me huh?

Yato: Haha maybe...are you sure forming a group with Ishigami is a good thing?

That's right...this morning I saw that Gou finalized her group by teaming up with Ishigami Kyo and someone else from her class.

But just as I thought this question wouldn't raise any doubts...

Gou: Huuuh...what's wrong with Ishigami-kun? Touma asked me the same question...

Yato: Ohh Touma said this huh?

Amused by this I just smirked and sneered...

Yato: I see...then forget about all this...

Gou: Kyaaaaa I don't like this!!! Why did Yato the Sly is here this morning?!

As I just smiled at Gou's reaction, I started hearing some commotion in front of us... I immediately recognized who it was but what surprised me is the Gou also recognized them...

Gou: Oh! Hey Ibuki-senpai, Shiina-senpai!

Yato: What?

Gou just casually called Ibuki and Hiyori who was walking in front of us...The commotion was due to Ibuki who was trying to walk away from Hiyori but when they heard Gou calling them they stopped and started looking in our direction.

Hiyori: Oh! Good morning Baji-san!

Ibuki: H-Hey...

But suddenly Ibuki's gaze fell on me, and her annoying expression immediately came back...

Ibuki: Tsk! The hell are you doing here?!

Yato: Huh? Well I'm going to school like the good student I am...

What kind of question was that...

Ibuki: But why right now?! Why does it need to be at the same time as me?!

Yato: ...

Is she serious right now?

But as I was wondering and trying to comprehend her thoughts process...she just took a step closer to me.

Ibuki: Oh and don't forget!! I never asked for your help last time!!!

Yato: My help? Ahh, you mean against Hosen...don't worry about it...

I just smirked and took a step closer as well while putting my arm around her shoulder...

Yato: I'll do anything for my beloved Queen!

TAP

Ibuki immediately pushed my arm away from her shoulder and started looking at me more annoyed than ever...

Ibuki: Just DIE! Ryuuen, you and Ayanakoji...just DIE!

I just sneered as Ibuki turned around and started walking away annoyed...

Gou: Sighs...poor her... I hope you're not always like that, right?

Yato: Ohhh I was just teasign her...

Hiyori: Ibuki-san reaction is her charm and what makes her so friendly

Yato: ...

I wasn't sure about this description, but yeah I guess it was one of her charms...

Gou: That's a shame she ran away... I still didn't thank her for yesterday...

Yato: For yesterday?

Gou nodded a few times as she seemed happy about something.

Gou: Yes! After all Shiina-san class saved me yesterday!

Yato: Huh?

I just started looking at Hiyoir for more information, but she just smiled as she also nodded.

Hiyori: Well it wasn't me...I couldn't do anything, but Ryuuen-kun stepped up for Baji-san!

Yato: ...

I just started looking at Gou waiting for her to give me the full story about this...

.

.

.

Flashback

Gou Pov:

When class ended, our teacher walked out of the classroom, and students got up from their desks to go talk with their friends.

Ichika: Nee Gou-chan I wanted to ask you something...

As I was putting my stuff in my bag, Ichika whose desk was next to mine started the conversation...

Gou: Yes?

Ichika: I was curious to know...do you like instant ramen? Like those we can buy at the grocery store?

Gou: Instant ramen?

I was quite destabilized by this question which was kinda of coming out of nowhere...

Gou: Well...it's not that bad I guess? But why this question Ichika-chan? I thought you hate these kinds of stuff...

I went to some cafe or other place like that with Ichika after school more than once, and after spending some time with her, I realized she has high taste in terms of food...

Ichika: Well kinda but the thing is Fukazawa-senpai gave me this kind of food last time I went to his room...I was curious if it's because you like these kinds of meals...

Gou: W-WAIT!!

There was too much information to proceed...Ichika went to Yato's room?!

Gou: You went to Yato's room?!

She just started to smile with a smile similar to Yato...

Ichika: Well I was passing by and he invited me...I couldn't refuse!

I don't know why, but I felt like there was missing a lot of information behind this story...but one thing remains...

Gou: Sighs...this idiot seriously made some instant ramen for a girl...

I just put my hand on my forehand and shook my head a few times disappointed in Yato...

Ichika: I didn't know how to take it...he told me he knew how to cook but...

Gou: He lied!

I immediately interrupted her...no matter what nonsense he told her...Yato was the worst person in terms of cooking I know...

Ichika: I see...what a shame...I really wanted to taste Fukazawa-senpai's cooking...

Gou: Don't worry Ichika-chan! I will have to work on that. Next time he will be able to serve you a proper meal!

Ichika: Seriously? Hehe, I'm soo happy! You're the best Gou-chan!!

Gou: Haha don't worry about this!

I am also doing this for this idiot...how will he be able to find a girlfriend if he can't take care of himself first?!

Gou: Anyway while we are talking about cooking...you want to come home again to eat tonight?

It wasn't the first time I had invited Ichika for dinner...

Ichika: Seriously I can?! Thank you so much Gou-chan! You're cooking is the best! I can't wait!

Ichika just got up from her seat and was about to leave

Ichika: I'll see you later then!

We were living on the same floor in the dorm...so she just had to join me later.

Gou: Now...

I also got up and took my bag and was about to leave the classroom as well.

Gou: I know Ishigami-kun and Hana-san wanted to meet for the finalization of the group...

I left the classroom and was about to go to the Keyaki Mall to join Ishigami and Hana but when I got out of the classroom...

BAM

I ended up bumping into someone which made me fall on the ground...

Gou: Ouch...

I stayed on the ground for a moment until I got up and started looking in front of me at the person I bumped into...

Gou: Sorry I didn't...

But before I could finish...

Hosen: You're blind or wat?!

I didn't notice it, but the person I ended up bumping into was Hosen. The leader of the 1-D and someone I already heard about...

Hosen: Huh?

But as soon our gaze met he seemed to have realized something...

Hosen: Wait you're...

Gou: !!!

My eyes widened as I knew what he realized and I immediately started avoiding his gaze...

Hosen: You're his fucking sister...

Gou: I need to go...

I immediately turned around and was about to walk away...but...

GRAB

He just grabbed my arm to prevent me from running away...

Hosen: Hoi Hoi you're were seriously about to run away?! I'm not done with you!

Gou: !!!

What should I do? From what I heard he's dangerous and pick fights with anyone...and if what happened between him and Keisuke is true...I'm done for.

I need Yato...

Hosen: Hahahahaha the fuck is wrong with this scared gaze?!

He was looking at me as if I was a weak prey...

Please I need you Yato...

Just as Hosen raised his other hand...

BAM

Gou: !!!!

As I thought he would hit me or something like that...he released his hold on my arm and blocked something that was thrown at him...more precisely a school bag...

Hosen: Huh?

???: Kukuku...you're dumber than I thought...

Surprised by this I turned around, but it was then I saw him...

Gou: !!!!

A guy with shoulder-length hair that the color was similar to Yato and Ichika...but what really caught my attention was his face...

He was walking with his hands in his pockets until he passed next to me to stand in front of Hosen unbothered...almost amused.

Hosen: Hahaha the fuck was that Ryuuen?! Throwing your bag like a little bitch!

Gou: Ryuuen...

My gaze was focused on the back of this guy called Ryuuen standing in front of me...

Shortly after two other guys stepped next to Ryuuen...

Hosen: Hahaha you even brought your underlings huh?

Ryuuen: Kuku it's not my problem if you end up being alone cause you're the only gorilla that the school accepted!

Hosen: Huh?! And you think these two bitch plus you will be able to stop me?

Hosen just made a step closer to them, but the three guys remained in the same spot without moving...

Ryuuen: Who knows? Albert, Ishizaki...you want to try your luck in a one-on-one against a gorilla?

Albert and Ishizaki...it was probably the names of the two guys next to Ryuuen.

Albert: ...

Ishizaki: I'll do it if needed but...I thought we needed to avoid this guy, Ryuuen-san?

Ryuuen: ...

For an instant, Ryuuen took a glance at me before looking at Hosen again...

Ryuuen: Things changed...Ibuki, Nishino...look over that girl...

Gou: H-Huh?

Just as he said this, three girls arrived next to me...

Ibuki: Don't give me an order you jackass!

Nishino: Sighs...you're really about to start a fight here, Ryuuen?

As these two girls seemed unsure about the situation...the third girl just smiled at me.

???: Don't worry everything will be fine!

Gou: T-Thanks...

Ibuki: Seriously...how can you smile in this situation Shiina?

Shiina: With Ryuuen, Ishizaki and Albert we don't have to worry, right?

Ibuki: Sighs...how can you be that simple-minded sometimes...

But Hosen who was looking at this scene couldn't help but start laughing...

Hosen: Hahaha that must be the biggest joke ever!! A whole group just to stop me hahaha! You're that much scared Ryuuen?!

Ryuuen: The hell are you saying? I'm here to save your life, you dumbass...

Without looking back, he just pointed toward me with his thumb...

Ryuuen: You realize what you were about to do? Touch her and you can start digging your own grave you stupid gorilla...

Hosen: Huuuh?! So you scared of these two bitch of Fukazawa and Baji?! Get your ass out of my way, and I'll deal with you later!

Ryuuen: Sighs...since human language is too much for a gorilla like you...

He just raised his fist while Albert and Ishizaki did the same as Ryuuen...

Ryuuen: Let's go back to something more understandable for someone like you!

Hosen: Hahaha!

Hosen was about to rush at Ryuuen...but before any one of them could move...

???: Whoa Whoa haha let's stop this right here!

This scene caught the attention of everyone around which led to a teacher intervening...it was Azuma-sensei the one in charge of the 1-B.

Azuma: You should stop right here Hosen and go back to your classroom, or Shiba-sensei will be mad at you...

Hosen: ...

Hosen looked Azuma-sensei in the eyes until he just clicked his tongue and turned around to walk away...

Hosen: Whatever...

With Hosen walking away it calmed the situation, and people around returned to their own things...

Ishizaki: Uwaaaa...I really thought we were about to fight this monster...

Ryuuen: I guess it's postponed then...

Ishizaki: Whaaaaaat?!

Ryuuen: ...

Ryuuen then turned around and started looking in our direction...our eyes met for a second, but Ibuki just walked toward Ryuuen annoyed...

Ibuki: Tsk seriously what's wrong with you?! As Ishizaki said, I thought you wanted to avoid Hosen as much as possible!!

Ishizaki: Hoi Ibuki are you seriously arguing with Ryuuen-san order?!

These two started to argue despite everything being over now...

Nishino: Sighs... seriously here we go again...

It seems it was common for this type of scene due to Nishino's reaction...but I just decided to approach Ryuuen a bit and took a look at his face...

Gou: Whoa...that's crazy...you just like Kei-chan...

Ibuki: huh?

Ryuuen: ...

Gou: Thank you for your help Ryuuen-senpai! I'm Baji Gou, and you may have heard of my older brother Baji Keisuke?

Ishizaki: W-Wait a minute...your Baji Keisuke-san little sister?!?!

I just nodded with a smile...

Ibuki: Baji Keisuke huh? Is that the same one you talked about Ryuuen?

Ryuuen: Who knows...

On these words, he just started walking away.

Ibuki: Hey wait don't leave without answering me, you bastard!!

After those words, they all left while following this man called Ryuuen...but I couldn't help but stay there while looking at them walking away.

.

.

.

Back to the present time

Yato Pov:

Yato: Huuh so Ryuuen helped you...

She just nodded a few times with her smile.

Gou: That's right! But seriously...he looks like Kei-chan so much!!

I had a similar thought the first time I saw Ryuuen as well...

Yato: Then Hiyori...does it mean I need to go thanks Ryuuen for all this?

As I asked this question, Hiyori just smiled.

Hiyori: I don't think he did it to have your thanks Fukazawa-kun.

Yato: I see...

I just sneered as we continued to walk toward the school...Gou saw some of her friends walking further away and decided to join them which left me and Hiyori alone.

Yato: So what are you doing here that late Hiyori? You're not going to the library this morning?

It's been a while since I haven't seen her or talked with her...She loves reading at the library, but personally, I prefer reading in my room in my bed.

Hiyori: Oh well I ended up leaving late as I hesitated about which book I should lend to one kouhai I met at the library

Yato: I see...

It seems she spent a lot of time at the library...I guess she met new people to share about books. But if she has that much free time, it means...

Yato: Ryuuen didn't ask you anything for the upcoming exam?

Hiyori: No...he seems to be up to something but didn't share anything with me...I just formed a group with Isoyama-san and Morofuji-san...

Yato: Two other girls from the 2-B then...

She then started looking at me.

Hiyori: I thought maybe you would know something about it?

Yato: To what Ryuuen is up to huh?

I stayed silent after this...thinking about the right words to tell Hiyori...cause I maintain she's someone Ryuuen should use or ask for advice for his class.

Yato: No matter what Ryuuen is up to...I think you remain someone important to him and your class Hiyori. Keep that in mind...

Even if Ryuuen manages to bring that guy to his class...Hiyori still has a role to play in this class...

After this short exchange, we continued to talk about books as it's been a while we haven't...

.

.

.

A.N

That's it for this chapter! I hope you liked it!

It's a shorter chapter since it was basically what I couldn't add to the previous one or the next one or it would have been a chapter with more than 20000 words...which is way too much haha.

Also great news...last chapter of the Volume will come out tomorrow or Friday.

As always thanks to those who read my story!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

8.4K 316 14
""So, Mr. Ayanokoji, have you had any changes in your emotional state over the past few days?" I ask the boy right in front of me." The Whiteroom is...
88.4K 2.5K 9
The government of Japan unveils a technological device capable of glimpsing into the future. The experiment begins at Advanced Nurturing High School...
4K 193 12
THERE ARE MORE BOOKS, BOTH BEFORE AND AFTER THIS VOLUME. READ VOLUME 1 FIRST AND THEN ADVANCE It's summer vacation! ... Well, technically. The studen...
336K 11.3K 41
In this timeline, Ayanokouji Kiyotaka the masterpiece of the white room has escaped from the white room with the help of a few acquaintances from the...