GUTS - mike wheeler | ON HIAT...

By webwalls

SPILL YOUR GUTS ! ! ! ! IN WHICH, billy hargroves younger brother falls for the moody boy but caring boy in... More

000- GUTS
001- moodboards
002-prolouge
003- first day
005- confrontation,part one
NOT AN UPDATE!!!!! but pls read its important

004-your dad is always mad

170 20 6
By webwalls

episode two, TRICK OR TREAT, FREAK
004— your dad is always mad
✏️—rewrittin not checked
wc; 3000 and 500

'because i'm pretty when i cry'

Halloween was the worst day of the year in Theo's opinion. Everyone is screaming and hyper from all the candy that was given out. Max loves it, she dragged him along to go trick or treating the past two years. The first year they had been two characters from chainsaw massacre, Max as Leatherface and Rocky as Kirk. And in 1983 they went as The Shinning characters.

Out of the two films, Texas Chainsaw Massacre was his favorite. It was his mothers favourite horror film and they watched it with her when it came on tv. Rocky was only young when she left, billy only being in middle school. Billy had taken it the hardest, he loved his mother dearly so too see her pack up and leave without him or his brother was like a stab to the heart.

The two step-siblings were in matching colours - by accident of course. They both wore a maroon coloured top and jeans. Theo wore a fitted sweater while max wore a zip up jacket. The only other difference is that Max was wearing her new vans while Rocky was wearing his battered converse. They both skated to school without sharing a word as the autumn air nips at their rosy cheeks.

They arrived at school and parted ways due to their different time tables. Rocky made his way to the main entrance by skating fairly quickly, his curls bouncing as he went over the bumps in the sidewalk. His pale skin etched as though he was being watched.The same jolt from yesterday crackled all over his body. Rocky whips his head round to the side, looking for whoever was staring at him. His electric blue eyes met choclate brown ones. The same choclate brown ones that were full of agony. Micheal Wheeler.

Rocky came to a sudden halt by putting his foot down on the rough pavement and picking his skateboard up. He hoped the bruise he had been given to add to his collection last night had faded as he walked over to the group of boys. He finally made his way infront of them, the only one noticing him was Mike. The raven haired boy was eyeing his bruise curiously.

Rocky cleared his throat causing the three over boys to turn to him. "Um..Hi" his voice was croaky and his throat was itchy from the screams he had let escape last night. He sheepishly grinned when the two shorter boys grinned at him while will smiled softly.

"Rocky! Hi!" Dustin greeted him with a dorky smile, holding some sort of black tube. Only then had Rocky began to see they were all in matching beige jumpsuits.

"Hey, Were we supposed to dress up today?" Rocky asks, taking in their ghostbusters costumes by scanning his eyes over each of them carefully. Their cheeks were now dusted red with embarrasment. Mike's freckled face now held a grim expression aimed at the talller boy infront of them. Rocky felt small under his thundering glare so he broke the eye conctact they were holding.

"Um..Last year, everyone came in costumes so we thought they would this year." Lucas spoke, looking around at everyone in their normal clothes. The Hargrove boy nodded in understanding, holding back a funny but mean comment.

"What class have you got next?" Rocky asked the group of boys infront of him, still under the gaze of Mike.

"English"

"Science"

"Science"

"History" Mike called out, causing Rocky to lock eyes with him.

"Oh.Can I sit by you then Mike?" Rocky asked, his voice cracking slightly. The boy nodded before walking off. The boy trailed next to him like a lost puppy as they walked into school. "So..What do you like to do after School?" Rocky asked, trying to make small talk as History is in the very back of the school. Mike sighed before looking at him.

"D&D. What about you?" Mike told him, before repeating the same question.

"Karate." Rocky answered,shrugging. His answer caused the boy next to him to hum in suprisment.

"Is that why you always have so much bruises?" Mike asked, looking at the floor. This question caught Rocky of guard. He doesn't like lying to new friends but he can't tell the boy what's happening at home. No way. Maybe one day if they get closer.

"Um... Yeah!" Rocky answered, his voice suspicously high. He gulped as Mike stopped to look at him. He scanned Rocky's face over and over again.The bell rung causing Rocky to turn away before Mike asked him the question once again. "Oh Ahahaha! The bell went.. So we should probally get to class"  Rocky spluttered out before walking to his first period,Mike followimg after him shortly.

The class droned on until it felt like it was on for 7 hours,while it only went on for 2. It was now time for break. History was horrible. Mike hadn't stopped looking at him for the whole lesson, he could pratically feel his eyes scanning every individual cut and bruise on his face. As soon as the bell rung,Rocky ran out pf there to the toilets that no one ever went in and stood infront of the sinks. He rolled up his jumper sleeve and examined a gash trailing from his wrist up to his elbow. He winced in pain as the fibres from his jumper lay in the wound.

"That can't be from karate." The familliar sour voice caused him to shoot his head up. Mike Wheeler stood in the doorway of the toilet. Rocky mentally cursed inside his head before shoving his sleve back down amd avoiding eye contact with the boy. Loud footsteps indicated that Mike was coming closer.

"Come over to my house after school..We're going trick or treating and we want you to come" Mike told him, Rocky locked eyes with the boy and smiled softly. He nodded quietly before making his way outside with Mike trailing after him like a lost puppy.

It was the end of the school day and Rocky started to search the crowds of children for his stepsisters fiery hair. A glimpse of red caught his attention as Lucas and Max walked out the double doors together. He began to walk towards them,skateboard under his arm. As he got there, they had vanished into the sea of children.

"Rocky!" A voice called out, a girlish voice. Max. Rocky scanned the crowd of people and soon spotted her infront of a lamp post. He made his way over quickly. "Lucas and Dustin asked me to go trick or treating tonight..Did they ask you?" Max asked, crossing her arms over her chest.

"Yeah.. That reminds me.Im hanging out with a friend tonight but i'll see you at trick or treating" Rocky told her, before skating off into the distance. His dark red back pack was full to the brim. He had his school book, first aid kit and his karate costume for tonight. Rocky had seen the oldest wheeler enter the house once before when he explored the town in his first week at Hawkins. He had also seen Mike bike home from the arcade multiple times as he zoomed past on his skateboard.

He turned into the street and looked at the big house in adoration. His pathetic house on cherry road is nothing in comparison to the Wheelers house. He took a deep breath before shoving his skateboard in his bag and walking up the path leading to the front door.His hand shook as he began to knock twice. A patter of footsteps could be heard before the door opened.

"Hello?" A young woman asked, her lips covered in colourful lipstick. Rocky cleared his throat quickly.

"Um..Hi. I'm Mike's friend and he said i could come over as he invited me to go trick or treating" rocky explained, feeling shy under Mrs Wheelers soft gaze. She smiled sweetly before opening the door open wider.

"Oh! You're Theo? He's down in the basement sweetie" She kindly told him, pointing at the stairs down to the basement. Rocky nodded quickly before making his way down the stairs. His heart pounded against his chest and thoughts clouded his mind. 'What do i say when i get down there? Do i ask him if i can come in? What if he's doing something and i interrupt him? What if he was joking earlier and didn't want me to come?'

"The-Rocky? Is that you?" Mike called out as Rocky stepped into the basement.His heart skipped a few beats as Mike slipped up his nickname.

"Yeah. Hi" Rocky said, walking to Mike on the couch. He sat down next to him and smilied.

"Hi. What're you being?" Mike asked, eating a slice of pepperoni pizza.

"Um.. Daniel LaRusso. From Karate Kid." Theo said, looking around the small basement.

"Oh cool. You already know who i am so.." Mike said, looking down at the brown jumpsuit. Rocky nodded. "There's a bathroom there if you want to get changed into your costume."

Rocky nodded and grabbed his bag before hurrying into the small toilet. He stood infront of a small mirror above the sink. The yellow bruise on his left eye was fading, thankfully. He raised his arms before pulling up his jumper and shirt, wincing at the contact from the thousands of bruises scattering up his chest,back and hips. A big massive one was on his side which he acquired for talking back to Susan. Rocky gulped before sliding a white cotton shirt on then wrapping the karate gi around his waist. He tied the black belt around him before slipping on the matching pants. Lastly, he tied the iconic bandana around his head.Well atleast the bruises on his face were very similar to the movie.

"Rocky? Are you done yet?" Mike asked, knocking slightly on the door. Rocky slid up his karate gi sleeves up to his elbows before opening the door. Mike stepped back slightly before eyeing his costume. His eyes fell down to his rolled up sleeves. Rocky mentally smacked himself in the face. Of course he forget about the gash along the side of his arm. His hand quickly went down to his sleeve and pulled it down. "What's thats from?" Mike asked, eyeing his arm.

Rocky clenched his fists at his side, racking his brain for excuses. "Like i told you. Karate! It gets pretty intense" He lied, his voice getting higher. Mike frowned at him.

"Bullshit. Don't lie" Mike scoffed at him. Rocky began to look at the ground, trying hard not to scream and cry and ask to be held. He wondered how his life would be if someone knew about what his life is like under his positive attitude. It would be heaven to finally talk to someone about how he feels.

"It's 7 we should go" Rocky smiled, walking over to the steps.

"Rocky." Mike called after him, still standing by the bathroom.

"Mike." Rocky smiled before hurrying up the steps and out the front door. He waited by the end of the porch with for Mike to hurry out. The cold air nips at his skin as he waits. The froot door slams and the raven haired boy hurried out.

The walk over to the meeting spot was awkward. Mike was sulking at the fact Rocky ignored his question while Rocky was just skateboarding alongside him. They met up with Will,Lucas and Dustin at the end of Mike's street.

"Where's Max?" Rocky asked, noticing his step sister wasn't with the boys. They all shrugged.

"Max?" Mike asked, a mad expression on his face.

"Yeah. Dustin and Lucas invited her" Rocky told him, beckoning his arm to the two friends.

"Why? She's not in our party!" Mike argued,screwing his face up in anger. Rocky side eyed the boy as his tone raises.

"Neither is Rocky but you still invited him!" Dustin argued.

"Yeah but Rocky is closer to being in it then her!" Mike yelled at the curly haired boy causing Rocky to flinch slightly.

"Guys can we just start already?" Lucas sighed, Will and Rocky nodding. The two arguing boys rolled their eyes but started to walk to the first house anyways.

"Rocky, Where's your pillow case?" Will asks, holding a camera thats bigger then the boys head in Rocky's face.

"Don't have one. I don't really like candy anyways." Rocky shrugged, knowing if he came home with any fattening foods he'd get criticised by his father. Neil would say "Don't eat all that crap. It'll make you fat."
Rocky sighs as the group gasps and start chattering over eachother about how good candy is. The youngest Hargrove longed to eat something without being criticised. He longed to be able to help a boy withouth being beaten. He longed to feel whole again.

"If I get another 3 Musketeers, I'm gonna kill myself." Lucas sighed, clenching his pillow case as he looks at his collection of candy.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers?" Dustin asks, earning a disgusted look from Rocky.

"What's wrong with 3 Musketeers" Lucas mocks.

"No one likes 3 Musketeers" Mike agreed with Lucas

"Yeah, it's just nougat" Will said, a disgusted look on his face.

"Whoa! 'Just nougat'? Just nougat? It is top three for me." Dustin explains, Rocky gasps in disbelief.

Rocky looked around the houses covered in decorations. One house in particular. It had glowing graves on the dried grass and skeletons hanging around.

A high pitched girl like scream brought him back to the group. Max. She was atleast half an hour late maybe even an hour. Wonder what happened..

"Holy shit. You should have seen your faces and you, who screams like that? You sounded like a little girl" Max laughed, causing Rocky to chuckle lightly. He was walking with Mike and Will behind Dustin and Lucas.Max quickly joined Rocky at the back.

"Hi. Neil is um mad by the way.." Max told him, looking at his bruised knuckles. Mike side eyes the two as they talked to eachother. "I tried to cover for you but he wouldn't listen. I'm really sorry Theo." Max apologised quietly, before walking away to Lucas. Rocks sighed and mentally prepared himslef for the horrors that he would face as soon as he went home.

"Is Neil your dad?" Mike asked, inching closer to Rocky. He could feel the raven haired boy's fingers graze his as they walked. Will recorded the group infront, not listening in on their conversation. Rocky nodded, not feeling like speaking. "Does he.." he asked, not fully having to say his full sentence for Rocky to understand what he's saying. Shit. What does he say? Should he nod? Should he quickly deny it? Or should he just walk away?

He stayed silent. Mike sighed before staring a hole into Max's head. "Did you agree to this?" Mike asked, looking down at will.

"What?" Will asked, lowering his camera from Mike's face.

"To her joining our party."Mike told him, scoffing. Theo didn't know what to say or do. He didn't like how he was talking about Max but he can't make a comment. What if they stop liking him?

"It's just for Halloween." Will shrugged, looking at the decorations on the big houses as they walked.

"You should have checked with me." Mike grumbled

"Well, they were excited. I guess I thought you'd be okay with it." Will answered truthfully, stifly smiling at him.

"She's ruining the best night of the year." Mike grumpily said. Rocky walked off to Max before he says something he regrets. He notices Mike took off too. Leaving will all alone. Feeling bad for the boy, Rocky turns around to go walk with him but he wasn't trailing after them. He wasn't behind them at all.

"Will?" Rocky called out, wlaking down the streets. Whimpers of a familiar voice echoed in his head. Will. Rocky quickly followed the sound and found Will in a huddled ball at the back of an alley. "Will? You okay?" He shouts, kneeling down to Will. He places his hand on his brown jumpsuit before hissing and taking his hand back. His hand sizzled with heat as places his hand back on his friends shoulder. Just ignore the pain. You've been through worse. "Will! Can you hear me?" He shook him. A clammer of footsteps behind him didn't even catch his attention.

"Will!" Mike shouts coming up behind Rocky and gently taking Rockys hands off Will. A gasp came from Will as he woke up from his trance. Rocky stood up and so did Mike, Will under his arm.

"I'm gonna get you home,okay?" Mike whispered, Will clinging onto him. "Rocky, can you come?" Rocky glanced at Max. She shook her head, her eyes filling with worry. His options were go home and get the beating of his life or go over to Mike's, go home and get the beating of his life. He sighed and nodded and trailed after the two.

"Rocky!" Max's shout stopped everyone from walking away and turn to her. "You can't! You're just gonna make him madder!" Max tokd him, glancing at him with wide eyes.

"It's fine. I'll be fine." Rocky told her, sighing. He walked away, the duo following after him.He hoped Mike wouldn't mention the conversation he just had with his step sister or the question he asked him earlier.

They were at the Wheeler house now, around nine pm. Will was shaking a bit still, traumatised from whatever happened to him. Mike was comforting him while Rocky was staring at the small den infront of him. It had a comforting feeling as he stared at it, obviously it meant something to Mike to still have it up. Will and Mike were talking, but Rocky hasn't been paying attention at all. He didn't know how long he'd been sat with the two friends but Will had now gone, it was just Mike and Rocky. Their knees grazed eachothers as they just sat in silence. But it wasn't awkward silence it was comforting.

"Theo?" Mike asked, realising that the boy next to him has been zoned out for nearly half an hour.

"Huh? Oh. Sorry" Rocky apologised, blushing. How embarrassing...

"Um about what Max said.." Mike trailed off, looking down at his brown covered legs.

"Oh. That was nothing. Don't worry about that" Rocky said. "What time is it?"

"9:45" Mike answered looking at the watch on his wrist. Rocky's eyes widened. Shit!

"Shit. Shit. Shit. My dad is gonna kill me" Rocky shot up from the couch and grabbed his bag.Mike got up too, holding Rocky's skateboard in his left hand.

"Theo. Can you answer my questions ?" Mike asked him, holding his skateboard tighter. Rocky sighed

"I can't." That's all he said before grabbing his skateboard and ran up the stairs. He passed Mrs Wheeler in the kitchen who gave him a bright smile. He nodded at her before heading out the front door.

Overlapping shouting became louder as Rocky stood infront of his front door. He sighed before heading inside. There he was. The devil himself stood with Billy in the kitchen, Susan in the living room pretending she didn't hear the screaming. Max was probably in her room. He kept his head down as he stepped into the small house.

"Theodore. How nice of you to come home." Neil chuckled, his fist clenching on the kitchen side. Rocky still looked down at his shoes.

"Sorry Sir." He said, keeping his composure under his stern stare. He came closer to Rocky causing him to flinch at the footsteps.

"Where were you?" He asked, standing straight infront of Rocky.

"A friends house sir." Rocky told him, standing up straight and looking into his eyes.

"And did you ask for permission?" Neil asked, he was so close Rocky could feel his breath fanning on his cheeks.

"No sir." Rocky told him, his throat starting to close up.The sound came. Then the impact. A groan escaped his lips as he came in contact with the hard wooden floor. Billy flinched also, still standing in the kitchen. He also had a red mark on his cheek where he most likey slapped. Neil kicked his side causing Rocky to whimper out. With a couple more kicks, Rocky was fully sobbing and shaking on the floor. A string of pleads fell out his mouth as Neil continued to slam his dirt covered boot into his side. With one last kick, Neil got up and sat in the living room.

authors note,
the title is lyrics from seven by taylor swift bcs i like the song👍!!the last scene was lowkey based of ackley bridge..😊😊omg this is really nad and took ages to come out but mike and rocky r getting rlly close fast idk why i did that but they r so cute i can't!!!!!! also what if told u im a mike defender for life?????? omg and will i heart will!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

268K 11.8K 21
❝ he'll never love you like i can! ❞ IN WHICH THEY'RE BOTH FILLED WITH ENVY OVER EACH OTHER'S NEW LOVERS S1 - 2 ST...
187K 4.3K 14
Dylan Hargrove: the grungy, angsty, jaded younger brother of ever-so infamous dickhead Billy Hargrove. Has the hotness, genetics and appeal that coul...
101K 3.4K 14
It was all fun and games, playing around, having sex until one of them gets feelings. "I'm in love with you." He croaked, his eyes teary as he looked...
123K 3.8K 40
𝐁𝐑𝐔𝐓𝐀𝐋 | in which a young boy joins a group of weirdos to try and defeat evil lurking around their small town mike wheeler x male!oc seasons 2...