Like a Cinderella

Dranonymous21 द्वारा

I have suffered a lot. And he made sure to make me suffer more. He did every possible way to torture me. B... अधिक

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Authors note
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Author's note.
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24

Chapter 9

167 12 4
Dranonymous21 द्वारा

Delilah Sinclair

" I want to sit on the top of the world with him and sing a song while we see the sunset."

"Yeah, that's my biggest dream and it doesn't seem to come true anytime soon."

"Why are you always so hopeless about literally everything?"

He starts cutting vegetables again.

"Am I?" I ask

"Of course." This is what he replies.

"I mean your boyfriend will take you there it's not something he can't do."

He continues to talk while he puts oil in the pan and checks pasta it has boiled as if he is trying to avoid eye contact with me but what possibly can he hide from me?

"But, he is always busy, he didn't come to see me and you did."

I say talking about Noah, Isaac looks at me for a second and then gets busy with his work.

"He is a medical student after all," Isaac says

Now I can understand why Isaac is still best friends with Abraham. Isaac just tries to understand everyone's situation. The world needs more men like him.

I try to answer but I hear the bell sound.

"I should go and check," I tell him.

I hope it's not mom, I can't see her freaking out looking at a guy standing in her kitchen and making pasta for her daughter.

But as I open the door I am freaking out now.

It's Noah.

What is he doing here? I want to cry.

" I am so sorry Lilah, I couldn't call you."

He hugs me and kisses me on the forehead.

"Here these are for you."

It's a red rose and a chocolate.

"Thank you, Noah," I say.

I don't know exactly what to do.

"How are your feet? I was worried about you." He sits down to look at my feet.

"It's okay, it's not serious."

I give him my hand to help him stand up and he does.

He hardly takes 6 steps away from the door and it's our kitchen, That's an open kitchen you can see who is present there.

"Hi," Isaac waves his hand to say hi to Noah.

"Who is he ?"
Noah instead asks me.

"He is a friend. He is in my literature class."
I reply looking at my hands.

I know Noah is not cool with that.

"Hi, man." Noah moves towards Isaac.

They have started talking.

It's the weirdest thing that has ever happened to me.

I see them laughing together.
Now I feel like the 3rd person here.

"I have to go, I should come to see my girl."
Noah kisses me on the forehead.

"Stay, I am making pasta. Let's eat it together."
Isaac tries to stop him.

"No, I will surely hang out with you some other day."
Noah replies before he leaves.

God Noah was okay with Isaac and why won't he be After all Isaac is good to everyone.

                           ______________

Abraham Walton

It's our literature lecture, I can spot her sitting in the front row with Isaac. I don't wanna look at her but every time I look in front it's just her I can see and no one else, not even my own best friend, And that's why I hate Delilah Sinclairs.

"So, the assignment of the week is to explain any poetry book/Poetry. And groups are the same. See you in the next class."

The teacher heads out.

I look at Delilah, she is saying something to Isaac and takes her books and steps towards the door, I don't know what exactly is she up to but I am sure she doesn't want me as her partner so I follow her too before she could stop the teacher I held her hand from behind.

She stopped and turned to look at me.

"Hi, what's wrong with you?"

I don't know what exactly I am asking from her.

"I don't want you to be my partner, Abraham."

She sounds sad rather than angry.
Why would I ever hurt her?

"Listen, we can sit down and work on the assignment together. We will write all points only if we both agree, I won't change your ideas without telling you." I tell her.

"It's not like...I mean I just can't take it anymore. "

She sounds nothing just a sad person that I would love to keep with me forever.

"Let's sit down and talk"

I say forcing every word I say.

"Delilah, Listen to him for once."

Isaac came from behind and he looked at Delilah with pleading eyes.

"Okay," She smiles at Isaac.

They have become good friends and Isaac likes her and can't tell because she has a boyfriend and I am obsessing over her.
Everything is wrong here.

                      ______________

Delilah Sinclairs

We are in a cafe that is within walking distance from our university. He is sitting in front of me. I wait for him to initiate conversation but seconds pass by he is looking at the entire cafe but not me.

"Abraham, Let me tell you one thing. If this is one of your pranks then please please let me go. I have suffered enough of your torture."

I say with my pleading eyes, I can feel water accumulating in my eyes, I know how to not let it flow down.

"Torture? Seriously? I never tortured you."

He raised his right eyebrow to ask me.

"I won't trust me on this assignment, whatever poetry you select, I will share my opinions, You will write everything down and I won't change it."
He changed his tone and expression in seconds, sounds more calm and more genuine

I can never understand this man.

"Okay, so there is this poem I always had in my mind."
I say searching for my notes.

I swear I am always ahead of my class assignments. I love to do my work on time.

"It's of Mr. P B Shelley. I have gone through his entire biography and it's interesting. Here's my notes."

I found the notes and looked at him smiling and saw him looking at me all this time with no expression on his face.

"Found the notes," I repeat my words because I wonder If he heard me.

"Read the poem."

He tells me still looking at me, It feels like he is staring into my soul I am afraid he might find out the real me, the one who isn't as strong as I show to the world.

       "Music, when soft voices die,
       Vibrates in the memory—
       Odors, when sweet violets sicken,
       Live within the sense they quicken.

       Rose leaves when the rose is dead,
       Are heaped for the belovèd's bed;
      And so thy thoughts, when thou art gone,
       Love itself shall slumber on."

He is still looking.

"So, How is it?"

  I am getting uncomfortable for sure, by the way he is looking at me. What makes me more uncomfortable is he isn't looking like he wants me for the nightstand, there's something else going on in his mind for sure.

"What coffee do you want?" He asks.

"What?"
I am of course mad at him, I read him the poem and he is ignoring me.

"Coffee? I am buying you coffee."He repeats and stands up.

"Cappuccino."

I reply and look at my notes with sadness because I worked on this poem but I have the second one written too and I start looking for it.

He leaves and orders it.

He took both cups. Why is he acting so gentle? I am so sure he is going to do something wrong but I hope he won't.

He places the cups on the table.

"How many spoons is sugar?" He asks me.

"2 spoons." I try to understand what is he up to.

He adds it in coffee and mixes it like a gentleman but what if he has added poison in it? Maybe this is just his trick to finally kill after all there is always calmness before a storm.

I risk my life to take a sip of coffee and I say all good words for God before I take a sip and coffee is fine and I am not dead.

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

766K 23K 40
• BOOK 1 IN MEANT TO BE SERIES • • COMPLETED • • STANDALONE • ~ "I was never yours." I retorted angrily. "Oh sweetheart. You were always min...
110K 14.2K 104
Everyone has that one life changing moment, That moment defines you. It shapes who you are as a person, and pushes you down the path that leads to th...
588K 4.6K 7
(Available on Novelcat mobile app and website) She is a very simple and innocent girl. She is a type whom every parent would be proud to have as a ch...
Our Flor Cely-124 द्वारा

एड्वेंचर

267K 5.9K 43
"I loved you like there was no tomorrow yet you left like yesterday didn't mean a thing" All my life I wished for was a family .A happy home to come...