our promise || harry potter x...

By hjpcc_

โWe're going to make them proud, and that's ๐—ฎ ๐—ฝ๐—ฟ๐—ผ๐—บ๐—ถ๐˜€๐—ฒโž - Harry Potter (OOTP) Y/n Y/l/n has been accep... More

๐€๐”๐“๐‡๐Ž๐‘๐’ ๐๐Ž๐“๐„
A New Beginning
Diagon Alley

An Odd Visitor

224 4 5
By hjpcc_

— CHAPTER 2 —

Nearly ten years had passed since Aunt Natalie had found Y/n at the front door of her house. Y/n was living a normal life, (as of though she thought)

Aunt Natalie typically did not pay much attention to Y/n, this is because she often spent her time out with her friends either partying or crashing at other peoples houses.

She also lacked any knowledge about her parents; in fact, she wasn't even sure of their current status, whether they were still alive. Despite wanting to know the answer for over five years, she found herself with the only person to know the answers, not at home.

Every single Wednesday, Y/n's street usually put newspapers under people's doors. This was one of her favourite parts of the week since she liked to read newspapers to keep herself educated with what's going on, since her aunt never really was home to keep her informed about the happenings of the real world.

August 23rd - 11:59 PM

On her birthday, Y/n woke up in the middle of her sleep from an oddly strange dream about a magical world. While she was awake, she realised she hadn't gotten the newspaper from the front door yet. She quickly tiptoes over towards the door and picks up the newspaper excited, (thinking of it as a present for her birthday)

Suddenly, stuff clashed down from in the kitchen.  Where the back door entrance into the house was. Knowing her aunt was out, she realised it couldn't be her.

Y/ns POV

BOOM!

The sound moves towards the front door, to where I had been standing. The door of my Aunts house was hit with a struck of tremendous force which caused the door to hit the ground as I run away to hide behind the doorframe of my bedroom.

As the person steps over the door, I discover a man with wild, tangled hair along with his beard. He was donned in a shaggy cloak and had an umbrella in his cloak pocket.

Right as I take one glance at the man, which appeared to be hard to see, I run over to my desk to pick up a chair from my bedroom in defense and hold it infront of the giant (the legs of the chair facing toward him) His face still wasn't visible to me yet as it'd still been midnight.

"Who are you?!" I say giving the man a sharp stare. A burst of air hits my face from the giant man walking towards me. Finally as the man moves closer, his face becomes visible.

"Y/n! Blimey, you've grown a fair bit havent ya? No need to worry yourself, im Rubeus, Rubeus Hagrid. Got you er a little some'n for yer birthday." The giant man introduces himself, holding a cake in his hand as I slowly lower the chair from my hands.

"Ere ya go!" Hagrid says as he takes out a his umbrella as he had been wrestling with the numerous pockets on his cloak to find it.

He uses his umbrella and preforms a spell with it, causing the birthday cake fly up into the air which gets guided over towards the kitchen counter.

My eyes widen with sheer amazement, this is something beyond my previous encounters with random people my Aunt would bring home. (Y/n didn't even know if flying cakes were a thing in the real world)

"I suppose you wouldn't know about Hogwarts since yer aunts a muggle." Hagrid says chuckling to himself while putting the umbrella back in his cloak pocket.

"Muggle?"  I say confused still a bit shocked and amazed at by what he had done.

Hagrids laugh fades slightly "Oh right.. non magic folk. Also, Y/n, I'd like ya to take this."

I look down at his hand, showing a envelope with green writing

To   Miss Y/n Y/l/n
Bedroom at the End of the Hallway
Number 7.
Grimmuald Place

I gently and cautiously take the envelope from his hand as I gently start to open it.

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

Headmaster: Albus Dumbledore

Dear Miss Y/l/n

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins on 1 September. We await your owl by no later than 31 July.

Yours Sincerely,

Minerva McGonagall
Deputy Headmistress

HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

UNIFORM
First-Year students will require:
1. Three sets of plain work robes (black)
2. One plain pointed hat (black) for day wear
3. One pair of protective gloves (dragon hide)
4. One winter cloak (black, silver fastenings)
Please note that all peoples clothes should carry name tags!

SET BOOKS
All the students should have a copy of each of the following:
The Standard Book of Spells (Grade 1)
A History of Magic
Magical Theory
A Beginners Guide to Transfiguration
One Thousands Magical Herbs and Fungi
Magical Drafts and Potions
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection

OTHER EQUIPMENT
1 wand
1 cauldron (pewter, standard size 2-3)
1 set glass or crystal phials
1 telescope
1 set brass scales

Students may also bring
an owl OR a cat OR a toad

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST-YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS!

After I read it, I had numerous questions in my head. I look up at Hagrid as I ask curiously  "What's this?"

"Yer a witch Y/n." Hagrid says with an excited smile. "Hogwarts is the place fer you to learn magic, somethin' you've already got it in ya!"

I look at him confused "Wait so what you mean to say is—"

"—there are other witches and wizards like yerself at Hogwarts learnin' magic. Yes Y/n, Yer special, not like the rest."

"B-but I don't understand? Where can we get all this stuff from anyways?" I ask stammering a bit.

"In London, no need to worry 'bout the owl waitin on July 31st.' Professor McGonagall's kindly given ya an extension, she has."

"But— how am I just now getting told this?" I say shaking my head in disbelief.

"Well yer can consider et a birthdae gift!" Hagrid says with a slight chuckle as he sighs "yer really do look a lot like yer mother an' father I will admit."

My eyes go wider than what they originally were "Y-you knew my parents?!" I say as I put the envelope down on the couch.

"Well o' course I known yer parents! Only knew em' cause yer brother was a wizard too at er... hogwarts!"

"But how? My brother has been missing—"

"—For years I know'e." Hagrid adds "Wee bit of a nasty shock to yer parents when they found out. But a couple months later afer' they got ki—"

I could see Hagrids smile turn into a bit of a sad look, his eyes getting wider realising what he had said.

"Sorry I didn't understand." I say looking at him with confusion waiting for him to resay it.

"Oh well eh, eat the birthdae cake. Best hope to be seein' ya back 'ere tomorrow 'round 10 am, so we can go shoppin' for yer school supplies." Hagrid says ignoring my question. He smiles softly as he walks out of the house and causally picks up the door he had broken into.

The next morning I wake up from the sound of birds chirping outside my window. I get up frustrated as this is the 3rd time the birds woke me up this week.

Right as I stretch in my bed, I hear the front door knock. As I'm still half asleep, I was somewhat hoping it was my Aunt, it would be good to know that she was okay since I haven't heard from her in a while. I lay back down on my bed as I hear someone calling my name.

"Y/n?" Someone says tapping on the door outside aggressively

I get startled as I rub my eyes, I check the time and discover it's already 10 am; the hour Hagrid planned for me to gather items for this unexpected journey to a random place I forgot the name of. Quickly, I leap out of bed, and get ready.

"Is 'nyone in there?" A man says from outside says again tapping on the door more furiously trying to get my attention.

I dash to my bedroom draws opening it to find clothes. I put on the first clothes I lay eyes on, attempting to slip into my pants as I speedily make my way to the door.

I cautiously look through the peephole of the door to peak at who it is, only to find out it's the same person from yesterday; Hagrid. I swing the door open as I question "why didn't you just break down the door like you did yesterday?" I ask slightly confused.

"Well, didn't wanna give ya a proper fright this time, did I? Thought a knock might be a tad more polite." Hagrid says with a laugh.

I sigh softly then smile back at him "Alright then." I take some socks out of the nearby drawer and put them on my feet.

"Yer shoes ain't on yet?" Hagrid asks slightly confused given the amount of time he gave me to get ready for what we were planning to do today.

"Well, I woke up a bit late today... hopefully you can forgive me." I say quickly reaching over towards my shoes to put them on.

"Don'tcha worry, no need for fuss. I reckon I can wait 'nother five minutes." He then adds on "Well, gotta get the motorbike sorted-eh before we set off, though eh?" Hagrid chuckles, heading outside to prepare the motorbike to make more room for me.

I slip on my shoes, apply some perfume and turn all the lights off in the house. I close the doors, including the upstairs ones. Once I make it downstairs I step outside the front door to see Hagrid moving all his belongings away from the seat where i'll be sitting on.

"uhm, Hagrid?" I ask, it had a single seat motorbike where it looked like Hagrid would be sitting. There was also another seat hanging onto the right of the motorbike which was slightly longer which had protecting barriers around the sides but no roof or window.

"Yer Y/n?" He says as he puts the final bit off his belongings in the trunk of the motorbike.

"How are we going to get to—" I stammer, momentarily forgetting the name. "—that place with this?" I glance toward the motorbike, referring to it.

"Oh heh! This ain' any old motorbike! This is er flyin' one!" He says tapping his hand along the motorbike, smiling happily.

"Without seatbelts or a proper protection around the motorbike?" I ask slightly confused, furrowing my eyebrows.

"Blimey! I keep fergetting yer not used to wizard things." Hagrid slaps his head a bit aggressively, producing a loud thud that startled me slightly. "Well we have ma'ig to fix that." He adds as takes his time to sit on the motorbike.

"Magic to prevent you from falling out of your seat?" I ask, generally surprised; having the ability to cast that spell had indeed been quite impressive to know.

"Yer! Don't ask anymere questions! I like eh...hearing the sound me motorbike makes when it's flyin' in the air" He says as he starts the engine. It seemed like Hagrid had been telling the truth about him liking to hear the sound of the motorbike, but was embarrassed about it.

"Well what yer waiting for? Hop in!" Hagrid adds with a warm chuckle and smile, patting to the seat beside him which was connected to Hagrid's motorbike on the right side.

I quickly open the door, having my letter that Hagrid gave me in my other hand. As I sit down, I inspect the motorbike and find an extra storage section right infront of where my feet were. I put the envelope in there and closed it up, making sure it doesn't fly out.

"Ere, put this on" He holds out a full face helmet waiting for me to take it

I turn to Hagrid as I look at the helmet, inspecting it as I slowly take the helmet out of his hands.

As soon as I have the helmet in my grasp, I slip it over my head. The helmet had smelt like shampoo, the fragrance had combined notes of fresh air and vanilla. The helmet had also been cleaned but the fragrances haven't wore off yet.

"This helmet smells really good, what kind of shampoo is this?" I comment.

Hagrid, struggling with the engine again chuckles "Ah heh! I ain' never use that helmet, won't fit me head. But Harre Potter did!"

"Who's that? Is that one of your wizard friends?" I ask with a curious look on my face.

His face drops in shock "Blimey Y/n, you don't know Harre Potter? I could have sworn I told ye about him!"

"I dont exactly remember you mentioning him, but perhaps you can tell me now?" I say looking at him, intrigued on who Harry Potter is.

"Well eh, Harry's a young wizard attending Hogwarts like yerself. When he wer young, he survived a killin' curse which left him an er rather  big lightning-shaped scar on his er forehead."

"Oh... is it common for wizards to survive killing curses?" I ask

"Oh no, not et all!" Hagrid adds "Well, ye see, survivin' a killing curse ain't somethin' us wizards do daily, it's a rare piece of magic it is... Not everyone's got eh, kinda luck, but'e there are some but very few. Talking 'bout 3-4 people, but like Harry, who defied the odds and came out alive."

"Wow..." I exclaim, utterly shocked at what Hagrid had shared.

Hagrid smiles, shuffling a bit to check the time on the motorbike he seemingly put in by himself. "Blimey! We're 10 minutes behind er schedule! Y/n, grab a helmet and keep it snug on yer head – we're gearing up for a bit of flying now'e!"

His sudden aggression startles me as we realize we're running late. Quickly, I ensure the helmet fits on my head and settle into my seat, anxiously awaiting his takeoff.

"'ere we go!"

2408 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

159K 9.9K 45
Elizabeth has been ruling her kingdom for 3 years now. She's gone through countless advisors in those 3 years. When she's finally ready to give up on...
18.4K 432 47
Short stories with your favorite boy Draco Malfoy played by Tom Felton. All short stories will be based on Draco Malfoy or Tom Felton.
300K 5.3K 32
Different imagines for Newt/Minho/Gally/Thomas. Currently unactive, haven't really thought about the fandom for years so I'm not taking requests sor...
550K 17.8K 160
Genre: Space, Doting, Farming, Time travel, Healing Synopsis: Xu Linyue from the 21st century crossing over with the heavenly space soul penetration...