Mend | NCT Haechan

By latteddoing

Na Jaein and Lee Haechan: two ex-lovers that reunited after 2 years. Will they fall in love again or stay bro... More

characters
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thrity seven
thirty eight
thrity nine
fourty
epilogue

nine

1.3K 42 4
By latteddoing

"Jaemin, leave us alone." Haechan tried to get up from his bed but Jaemin pushed him down.,

"No you're not getting up because you're still hung over and I swear did you make my sister cry?" Jaemin interrogated Haechan.

"Why on earth would I-" Haechan was interrupted when Jaemin motioned that the girl was having her head hung low, indicating she might be. "Jaemin, this doesn't fucking help if you don't tell me what the hell is going on with her. I've never seen her so.... different." Haechan gritted his teeth, suppressing his anger.

"He didn't make me cry." Jaein looked up to Jaemin and spoke softly to him. "It's just my head that's all."

Jaemin sighed as he took his leave to go back to hanging out with Jeno in his room. He took one last glance at Haechan.

"Please, don't hurt her, for my own sake."

-

Haechan ran down his whole storyline of how him and Jaein were together in high school and how they broke up in college. Didn't want to mention their lives after that since it wasn't relevant. But it shocked Jaein so much that she was an asshole to him.

"Haechan I'm really sorry, I wish I would've listened or know sooner." Jaein groaned as she genuinely felt bad, trying to compose the words to make him feel better. "You didn't deserve it."

"It doesn't matter now Jaein. I don't really care." Haechan spoke coldly against her and by now Jaein was used to his cold treatment against her. "I hope you understand why I don't talk to you."

Jaein simply nodded, feeling a bit hurt about her younger self acting towards that way to Haechan but honestly she deserved it.

Jaemin called her name and she got up from the chair from Haechan's room and slowly walked away without saying bye to him. After all she was only here to check up on him after he was extremely hungover.

"It's okay I deserved it anyways." Jaein lowly spoke as she closed the door to Haechan's room and took her leave with Jaemin.

What Jaein didn't know was that Haechan heard her whisper loud and clear. And he didn't even know how to react. He was utterly shocked on her choice of speech.

Was this the Na Jaein he knew?

-

"Why do you look like a ghost?" Jeno sat at the dinner table with Haechan. He watched his cousin stabbing his food and playing with it, taking bites from time to time.

"It's nothing." Haechan shrugged off his thoughts about Jaein, something he would have to interrogate Jaemin at a later time. He needed to prioritize getting his senior year together hence graduating soon. "Why are you even staring at me eating anyways, weirdo."

Jeno let out a scoff, laughing after. "Weirdo? Aren't you supposed to be the weirdo?"

"No." Haechan chomped on his food like a little kid, taking a bit.

"Also, I'm not dumb." Jeno's lips started fade from a smile. "Something happened between you and Jaein while Jaemin and I were figuring stuff out in my room."

"Gee thanks captain obvious." Haechan rolled his eyes, staring at his cousin. "There's things I don't know and no one is fucking telling me anything."

Jeno knew what Haechan was referring to, Jaein's condition. It was something he could not share, even Jaemin couldn't tell him. Somehow he got the word from the girl himself after a dinner with the Na family.

"It's not my business to say. You would have to hear it from Jaein yourself." Jeno lowly spoke to Haechan.

"And why is that?" Haechan turned his head to Jeno, waiting for answers.

"You're trying to open up Pandora's box are you?" Jeno raised his eyebrows, bringing Haechan more confusion on his cousins actions. "Are you that oblivious that Jaein suddenly left college her freshmen year and came back two years later?"

-

Haechan saw Jaein at school the next day in his class actually. And whatever words that Jeno said to him lingered on his mind. He decided to scroll through his phone to keep himself busy before the lecture starts, pretending he didn't see her.

Haechan felt a tap on his shoulder and he looked up to see Jaein holding a convenient store bag. "I thought you would need something to eat in case you get hungry throughout the day."

Jaein passed the convenient store bag to him and he opened it, containing his favorite chocolate milk and sweet bread. Her hands fiddled after that.

She remembers.

"Thanks." Haechan took the bag away from her and she nodded, walking back to her seat.

"Wait."

Jaein turned her head around to Haechan who bore his stares into her eyes. "Did you get something for yourself too?"

"Yeah." Jaein patted her bag. "They're in here."

"Okay." Haechan spoke monotonously and Jaein went to her seat, closer to the classroom.

I guess she really considered it.

-

"Do you remember when we dated in high school Jaein?" Haechan's eyes bore into her sparkling innocent ones. The two sat in his room together.

"Yeah. And then we broke up in college." Jaein recalled her last memory of him.

"Because you didn't want to associate yourself with me because you had other friends you wanted to hangout instead. You broke our promise. You knew we're gonna spend a year apart when you were still in high school. But what I can do now."  Haechan bitterly spoke to her, sending shivers in her soul.

Jaein remained silent, reflecting on her own actions. And she felt extremely sorry. How could she become so careless?

-

"Ooooh. Who got your chocolate milk and bread?" Renjun smirked taking the seat next to him in class, spotting the food and drink in front of his desk. "Secret admirer?"

"Shut up." Haechan brushed Renjun off him. "Just a friend of mine."

"Woah, Lee Haechan has friends other than us? That's wild." Renjun patted Haechan's back. "Good for you man, about time!"

Haechan scoffed at Renjun's sarcasm, putting the snacks into his backpack. "How about we listen to profeessor's lecture since he just walked in."

Renjun listened to his friend and started taking notes while the professor was going off on the lecture at lightning speed. Haechan was able to take notes easily, given the fact he was naturally smart.

On the other hand, he saw Jaein closer to the front of the classroom jotting down notes at lightning speed but slowed down cause she broke the lead of her mechanical pencil and had to refill trailing behind.

The class end and Haechan quickly did a little bit on his phone, sending a quick text message to a certain someone, surprised that their number was still the same and left the lecture class with Renjun.

"Ready to go to your other class?" Renjun asked his friend and he rolled his eyes.

"No, I want to hug you." Haechan cooed at his friend, making him cringe.

"Fucking gross."

-

Jaein received a text message on her phone with attachments, seeing the contact named 'Lee Haechan' with images of the notes from class. He wrote in case you don't have the rest of the notes. Jaein smiled at his small gesture, quickly typing a thank you text and went to her next class.

She entered her photography class with a bright smile on her face with some classmates who waved at her and invited to sit with them.

"Professor made us do a group project. We needed one more but I don't mind making friends." The girl who introduced herself as Choi Hyunji reached out her hand.

Isn't she Jeno's girlfriend? Why is she in this class? Maybe she needed an elective.

"I'm Na Jaein." Jaein shyly held her hand and Hyunji's eyes beamed.

"Wait you're Jaemin's sister?" Hyunji asked covering her mouth being so shocked. "You're so pretty."

"Thank you." Jaein lightly blushed, hearing the comment for the first time from another female who was genuine in her college years. Jaemin has always called Jaein pretty but she spent her life with guys so it was a strange but a good feeling.

"Well this is my douchebag friend Lee Hangyeol." Hyunji introduced him to her. "Don't worry, Jeno knows his intentions so no need to be all defensive."

"Since when did you talk so much Hyunji?" Hangyeol scoffed at her and formally introduced himself to Jaein after, trading a quick handshake. "You acting all shy with Jeno and now you're wildin'"

"Come on, let's get this project going, we can't disappoint the photography major here. We're here for an elective requirement." Hyunji made space for Jaein.

"Alright girl, tell us what to do and we'll do as you say." Hyunji beamed a smile at Jaein and she started explaining the assignment at lightning speed like she had all the knowledge.

It's working. This is good new for me to tell Jeno and Jaemin that Jaein's opening up.

"Respectfully, I am dumb but I never understood an assignment so well. Let's do this together Jaein." Hangyeol enthusiastically get the materials.

"Hyunji too!" Jaein spoke slightly but her voice grew louder, trying to show her excitement.

"Jaein." Hyunji spoke to her for a quick moment.

"Yes?"

"If you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here. I may be piled up with all my Computer Engineering homework but I want to let you know I'm someone who's on your side. After all, Jeno and Jaemin will kill me if I don't treat you right." Hyunji gave a reassuming smile. "And sometimes Erin can be a big mouth."

"I totally agree with the last part." Jaein chuckled, covering her hands on her mouth, and lips forming into a smile. "But thank you. I appreciate that."Hyunji nodded as the three newly formed friends started their photograph project.

Jaein hoped that it will be a good year.

-

story time I went to a party last weekend (keep in mind I am of age to drink and a university student) and this guy who I don't know kept asking me to drink with him and I was like No cause we literally just introduced ourselves and he kept peer pressuring me so I was like wtf. he gave up eventually

so yeah guys a little lesson when u get old and drink alcohol, only drink with people you trust and know that will take care of you. some ppl want to get u intoxicated just to take advantage so BE ON THE GUARD like literally 😭

anyways here's a chapter love you all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.9K 2.3K 10
❝Y𝚘𝚞'πš›πšŽ πšœπš’πš‹πš•πš’πš—πšπšœ!? οΌ³πš’πš—πšŒπšŽ πš πš‘πšŽπš—? ❞ How would you feel if you suddenly fell in love with your own member's sister? γ€Œ BOOK 5 OF THE...
156K 6.9K 40
jeno makes a new friend after a heartbreak book 2.
669K 26.9K 55
≛ nct na jaemin bad boy fanfiction ❝ that's what will make it more exciting ❞ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ ⇝ started: may 6, 2020 published: june 17, 2020 ended: august 1...
58.6K 2.8K 21
❝We'll be alright, i want to try again❞ In which two pairs of intertwined souls from the past are fated to meet again. β–‚ COMPLETED ➱ TEENAGE x SOULM...