Like a Wave

By CrystalAllen675

Jordan was in a pop group that gained overnight success. He had met a girl in town while they would breakdanc... More

Chapter 1: Breakdancing in the early days
Chapter 2: Life changes overnight
Chapter 3: When will I see you again
Chapter 4: The day has finally come
Chapter 5: First Date
Chapter 6: This feels so different
Chapter 7: Tonight is the night
Chapter 8: Girl's night in
Chapter 9: Time to Travel
Chapter 10: The Time is Now
Chapter 11: A Las Vegas Wedding Part 1
Chapter 12: A Las Vegas Wedding Part 2
Chapter 13: To the Next Show
Chapter 14: I think we are
Chapter 15: Meeting the Family
Chapter 16: Back to New York
Chapter 17: Boston, here we come
Chapter 18: Honeymoon
Chapter 19: It's baby shower time
Chapter 20: Our little bundle of joy
Chapter 21: Christmas time
Chapter 22: Again
Chapter 23: New Blessings
Chapter 24: New Arrival
Chapter 25: Reunion announcement
Chapter 26: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 27: Let's have some fun
Chapter 28: New Romance is great
Chapter 29: It's Time to make it official
Chapter 30: Tonight's the night
Chapter 31: The Talk
Chapter 33: Monday Night Raw
Chapter 34: Time for an important discussion
Chapter 35: Our New Home
Chapter 36: Life is good
Chapter 37: Holidays are approaching
Chapter 38: Wedding plans
Chapter 39: I Love You
Chapter 40: Wedding Day
Chapter 41: Wedding Night and Honeymoon
Chapter 42: Married Life
Chapter 43: Baby shower and a surprise
Chapter 44: Welcome to the world
Chapter 45: Our First Anniversary
Chapter 46: Twins First Birthday
Chapter 47: Jordan's new love
Chapter 48: On the Road Again
Chapter 49: Two Years of Marriage
Chapter 50: Can this be real?
Chapter 51: This can't be real
Chapter 52: The hardest part
Chapter 53: Saying goodbye
Chapter 54: How are you holding up
Chapter 55: Life is hard
Chapter 56: How am I supposed to go on
Chapter 57: Missing You One Year Later
Chapter 58: I'm here for you
Chapter 59: Can we talk?
Chapter 60: How can I trust you?
Chapter 61: Let's try it again
Chapter 62: I could just stare at you forever
Chapter 63: The tour continues
Chapter 64: Our New Home
Chapter 65: Things are looking up
Chapter 66: Christmas Time in Boston
Chapter 67: Wedding planning
Chapter 68: Time to Say I do
Chapter 69: Honeymoon in Paris
Chapter 70: Cruise 2016
Chapter 71: One Year Anniversary
Chapter 72: Four Years Later
Chapter 73: Images
Chapter 74: Our life
Chapter 75: Epilogue

Chapter 32: Our Divorce becomes final today

14 0 0
By CrystalAllen675

So, today is the day for our divorce hearing. I haven't been sleeping well for the last couple of days. I think Cody knows I am struggling with this. Never did I think I would be getting a divorce.

I just keep hearing that old Tammy Wynette song Our d-i-v-o-r-c-e becomes final today me, and little J-o-e will be moving away.

The fact is we moved away ten months ago, and it was me, Nathaniel, Jayden, and Natalie who moved away while he was on tour. 

Don't get me wrong, I am completely in love with Cody. He is so sweet to me and the kids; it's just hard that the man I thought I would spend the rest of my life with could hurt me and that I would be going through this.

Cody has been really sweet since Jordan and I talked. Cody took Nathaniel and Jayden to school today. Yep, Nathaniel started kindergarten last week, and Jayden started Pre-K, so now it's just me and Natalie at home.

Jordan was really nice when we picked the kids up after we talked. He was even nice to Cody. So, he knows that Cody is coming with me to our hearing today just for emotional support.  

Cody comes into the kitchen while I sip my coffee and wraps his arms around my waist. I lean my body into his. He snuggles into my neck and kisses me.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Good morning, babe. You always know exactly what I need."

"Look, today is going to be emotional for you and Jordan. So, I am here to support you in any way you need. If you want to cry your eyes out when we leave the courthouse, I will be your shoulder to cry on. If you want to talk, I will listen. If you want to pig out on junk food, I will make a run to the store. I'm here for whatever you need."

She smiled and turned around in his arms, then wrapped her arms around his neck. "What if I just want you to make love to me?"

"Well, then we can make love all day and night if you want. Jordan is getting Nathaniel and Jayden from school, and Sharon is watching Natalie until we are finished at court, then taking her to Jordan's, so it will be just you and me."

"I think I like that plan." She leaned in and kissed him a deep, hungry kiss.

"Baby, if you don't stop that, we will be late to court. We will pick this up when we get home." He took a deep breath, and she laughed. 

We drove to the courthouse, and I walked around and helped her out. We walked in holding hands. People were watching us and taking photos. We walked to the area for her hearing, and her attorney was standing there. 

"Mrs. Knight and Mr. Runnels, how are you both doing today?"   

"We are good. How are you, Mr. Kaeper?"

"Good, doing good. Okay, so I received the paper yesterday with the full amount you will receive in the divorce. Half of his total net worth and the agreed amount for Child and spousal support. Is the information correct about him reimbursing you for the nine months you were separated and the amount you spent of your personal money after you left the marriage?"

"Yes, he wrote me a check for one hundred and eighty thousand about three weeks ago, and I have received a check every week for fifteen hundred dollars."

"Perfect, so we won't have to fight for back pay. This should be an easy process since you both have agreed and have a written visitation for your three children."

"Yes, he gets the kids whenever he is off tour. Other than that, the kids are with me."

"Now, Mr. Runnels, have you and Mrs. Knight officially moved in together?"  

"No, sir. My official home is in Marrieta, Georgia. I travel for work, and when I am not working, I am at Brittney's with her and her children."

"Okay, so will you be keeping your home in Georgia if you decide to move in together? The reason I am asking is the judge may be concerned about bringing men or women, in Mr. Knight's case, around the children without being committed. By committed, I mean working toward moving in together."

"I am committed to Brittney in every way possible. When the time comes, I will sell my house and move to Boston. When the time comes, I do plan on marrying her, but also giving her time to get over her divorce."

"Okay, well, if that issue comes up, I will inform the judge of our discussion."   

Jordan had walked in and heard that last part about when the time comes, he plans on marrying her but also giving her time to get over her divorce. Is she still struggling with our separation? He questioned himself. He saw how Cody had his arm wrapped around her as if he was protecting her. Jordan already knew this would happen. 

She turned around and saw Jordan looking at her as he spoke to his attorney. He smiled at her, and she smiled back. This was killing him inside, but he had to prove to her that he loved her, and maybe before they got married, she would come back.  

The bailiff came out and called Knight versus Knight. Jordan and Brittney looked at each other and followed behind their attorneys.  

They walked in and stood beside their attorneys and then took a seat when directed to. Cody sat behind Brittney. The judge verified we were the correct party.

"This is a closed court. Who are you, sir?"

"Um, I am Cody Runnels, and I am with Brittney Knight."

"Mr. Jordan Knight, you are a celebrity and the reason this is a closed court. Do you protest to him being present during these proceedings?"

"No, your honor, I don't; he is in a relationship with Mrs. Knight, and he is a celebrity himself."

"Okay, sir, we can proceed. So, I see you both have worked out finances, child support, spousal support, and visitation between your attorneys. Do you both agree to the terms? Mrs. Knight, you will receive one lump sum of seven million two hundred thousand seven thousand six hundred and eighty-three dollars. (7,207,683.00) You will receive fifteen hundred every week for Spousal support and child support for your three children, Nathaniel, Jayden, and Natalie Knight. Mr. Knight, you travel, and so the visitation is set for when you are in town; you will have access to the kids. How often do you expect to be traveling?"

"Well, your honor, I just reunited with my band, The New Kids on the Block, so we just returned home from touring overseas. Everything is in the works right now, but I get a couple of weeks off every few months. We are hoping within the next couple of years to have a more defined tour schedule."

"So, your kids just see you whenever you are available. That's not a very stable life for your three children."

"Mrs. Knight, are your children in school?"

"Um, yes, your honor, our two oldest sons are in school. Nathaniel is in kindergarten, and Jayden just started Pre-K."

"Okay, so full custody is awarded to Mrs. Knight with visitation to Mr. Knight of one weekend a month. If Mrs. Knight chooses to allow him more time with the kids, then that is her decision, but this is the minimum she must comply with. Now, Mrs. Knight, you can not take the kids out of state for more than two weeks for vacation. If you leave the country, you will need a signed certificate from Mr. Knight; you can not move out of the state without authorization from Mr. Knight. Do you understand?"

"Yes, your honor."

"Okay, we all agree to the terms written and the assets division, the spousal and child support, and the visitation. I agree with the dissolution of the marriage between Mr. Jordan Nathaniel Marcel Knight and Mrs. Brittney Michelle Knight. Your divorce will be final in thirty days, and your attorneys will receive your official divorce degree and certificate after thirty days. Mrs. Knight and Mr. Knight, you are no longer married." 

"Mrs. Knight, would you like to keep your married name, or would you like to go back to your maiden name?"

"I will keep my married name because of the kids." 

"Alright, you are dismissed. Have a great day." Jordan, Brittney, Cody and their attorneys got up and left. 

They walked outside, and Jordan smiled and shook Cody's hand. "May I speak to you privately?" 

"Sure," I walked to the side with Jordan.  

"Thank you for accepting the money and for the kids. I know that one weekend a month isn't much, and I know you will allow me to see them when I am off the road, and so for that, I want to say thank you. Thank you for giving me my three kids and taking care of them. I'm sorry for hurting you. I really am. May I hug and kiss your cheek?"

"Thank you for being so amicable with the divorce and the money; it was too much. So, you will have the kids tonight and until next weekend, correct?"

"Yes, or until you are ready for them to come home. You should go with Cody to his shows for a couple of weeks since I am actually home to be with our children."

"Maybe I don't know if I can be that far away from my children. Bye, Jordan." He leaned in and hugged her, and kissed her cheek.   

"Bye, Britt. Can I speak to Cody for a moment?"

"Sure," She walked back over to Cody. "Jordan wants to speak to you. I am going to run to the restroom. I will meet you by the door."

"Okay, baby." He leaned in and kissed her, then walked to where Jordan was standing.

"Britt said you wanted to speak to me?"

"Yes, listen, I am in town for the next month or so. I appreciate you taking care of her and my kids and being so good to them. While I am here, you should take her with you when you have to travel. I can watch our kids while she goes with you."

"No problem, man, I love them all. Your kids are great, and I will always take care of them. I would love nothing more than for her to join me. I might ask her if she will. I hate leaving her while I travel. Thanks, man, kiss the kids for us."

Jordan shook his hand and walked off. Cody waited by the exit, and when Brittney came out, he held his hand out, and they walked out to the car.         

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14K 597 46
(Completed) What happens when New Kids have a bus crash while on tour. Well it happened a year ago and one member isn't coping well with the aftermat...
6.5K 90 29
Donnie, Danny, Joey, Jordan and Jonathan(: I do not consent to my imagines being stolen from me, these are written specifically by me, don't steal my...
17.9K 293 19
A XXX Sex-ploration of what happens when YOU marry Jordan Knight.... WARNING: This is a very adult fanfic, where there is NOTHING.BUT...
90.8K 1.7K 46
·~·~·~·~·~·~· "I love you ." said Lorenzo "I love you more ." i said "Impossible." He responded ·~·~·~·~·~·~· Valarie's and her twin sister , Jord...