Nobody to Somebody

By ReachForTheSkye443

A girl leaving everything behind to start afresh. She has a 4.0 GPA and an IQ score of 257. She lost her pare... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Sequel update

Chapter 24

8 0 0
By ReachForTheSkye443

He is going to perform the surgery. "Really?" My tone had indecisiveness evident on my face. "I do not like seeing you cry." He said, looking away into distance. Will he actually save her? I get that he's a doctor, but is he really?

"You will save my sister?" Milo asked, looking at Matteo. His face evident of hope in them. "On one condition." Matteo turned to look at me.

"You will come back home as soon as I am done." He said, and I nodded. I didnt want to go back but I had to plus now I have an idea as to who might be trying to kill, although this might need a little further investigation.  "No! Why are you taking her away from me? She's not yours." Milo pulled me to his side, and for the first time ever, Matteo actually cared about what Milo was saying.

"Ragazzino. You love her?" He kneeled to his height. Milo nodded, and I smiled. I can't believe it only took a week for Milo and I to bond like this. I love him too. More than I ever could.

"When you love someone. You have to let them go. If you have a toy that you love. Don't you share it with your sister?" Matteo put hand on his shoulder. Okay hypocrite. You couldn't let me go but you tell a child to let me go.

"Yes. It's different with her. She's a princess." Milo whined and hugged me even tighter. I had to bend down a little to hug him back.

"No. She is not a princess. She is a queen." Matteo's eyes met mine, I stared longer than intended to. He called me a queen. Those words mean something to me and I could tell that they meant something to him.

"Okay. Please make her better than I promise I'll make Kyla better." Milo pleaded with his sweet voice. Matteo nodded and got up.

He walked to the room, and he told us to wait here. Now it is up to him.

"You wanna go out for some ice cream?" I looked at Milo, and he gave me a toothy grin.

*************************************
"Why is Matteo always angry?" Milo asked as we sat on the park bench under the shade of a tree.

"Sweetie, he's not angry. He is always grumpy." I chuckled as I licked my rocky road ice cream. The cookie goodness thats better than cookies and cream. On second thought cookies and cream is better.

"Why?" He giggled as I wiped ice cream off his upper lip.

"I don't know." I shrugged as I licked the ice cream like my life depended on it. I seriously do not know why he is always like this. He has this demeaning aura around him that he always had and apparently it was worse before I came in.

"Do you know what I noticed, though?" He asked as he turned to look at me. His index finger dug in my ice cream. I gave him a glare, and he gave me a cheeky smile.

"I notice that he doesn't look as grumpy when he looks at you." He said, and I blushed. I've also noticed that. Okay that's a lie. I'm as dense as water.

I saw Blake, and I waved him over here. He came to us. He was wearing black sweatpants and a black shirt with some green writing, 'Error 404'. Sweatpants looked good on him, black in general looked good on him.

"Sweats. On this scorching hot day?" I asked him incredulously. "Yeah." He replied as he took my ice cream. I don't know why I even bother anymore.

"I'm going back today. Apparently. The French Mafia leader managed to get into our mainframe, so we needed to fix the system." He said and threw the cup in the bin.

"Who is the leader?" I asked inquisitively.

"He goes by the name of Lucas." Blake said, looking at Milo with a skeptical eye. Milo waved and gave him his million dollar smile.

"This is?" He gestured to Milo. "This is Milo." I introduced him.

"Oh. Hi Milo. I'm Blake." He took out his hand to shake. Milo was first reluctant to shake his hand, but he did this nonetheless.

"I like him. He's betted than Matteo." Milo smiled.

"And you think Matteo would like to hear that?" I asked as I held in a chuckle.

"I don't care. I see a future with this guy." Milo dramatically made a hand gesture that says, 'Picture this'. Blake gave him a smile and winked. I don't know what that wink was all about.

"Come on. We gotta go see Miley." I stood up.

I went closer to Blake. "Be careful. I feel like someone's watching us." I said to Blake, and he nodded.

I checked my phone to see that Matteo blew up my phone with text messages. I guess we spent a lot more time at the park. We walked back to the hospital.

Matteo was waiting by the door, folding his hands and tapping his foot impatiently. I quickly ran to him.

"How is she?" I asked skeptically as I looked at him directly in the eyes.

"She's okay. She's awake. I work pretty fast." He smirked, and I rolled my eyes. I'm so glad. I can't believe Matteo did it.

"Her hair is gonna shed out, though, but it might be able to grow back. I've killed most of her cancer cells, but I didn't see other cells because they were too microscopic for me to identify." He took off his blue plastic gloves. I nodded in understanding as he continued talking. He looked so cute with the doctor look. Doctor De Luca.

"Can we see her?" I asked nervously, hoping that I could. "Yeah." Matteo said and led Milo, and I thought the passage in the room she was being held.

"You never told me. How did you convince them to do the surgery for Miley to undergo chemo?" I asked inquisitively.

"Don't worry about it." He dismissed the topic as he opened the door. Oh now I have to worry. The angel was awake, and color was returning to her skin.

"Hi baby." I said in a sweet voice.

Matteo's P.O.V
I wished to call me that. I would do anything for this girl. Even if it means that I have to perform surgery for a kid I barely know. I can see that she loves children very much.

"Thank you, sir, for fixing me." The girl said, and I slightly cracked a smile. "You're welcome, little girl." I said, and Kyla was surprised, but she masked her face into a sweet one for Miley. "How come you're nice to her and not me?" Milo pouted and Matteo gave him a small chuckle.

"Simple. She's a girl and you're a boy." I gave him the cutest smile even though it was malicious.

"Kyla. Please come back soon and tell Willow, Willow to visit." She smiled, and Kyla was reluctant to leave, but she had to come back. Come back to me.

"I will, sweetie. Even if it is the last thing I do." She muttered that last part under her breath.

The ragazzino looked sad because Kyla was leaving. Kyla also looked reluctant to leave.

"Matteo. Can we go to one more stop and can we take her with it?" She gestured to Miley. "I don't know. She might look like she has energy, but they still need to keep her here for observation." I said, and Kyla frowned.

"Okay. Let's just stop at a shop with Milo so I could buy him a little something." Kyla whispered, and I nodded.

**************************************
"Okay. I'm done." Kyla carried three shopping bags and two huge teddy bears in her hands. "Was that really necessary." I pointed towards the teddy bears.

"Yes. Now help me get these in the car." She struggled, and I took the bags off her hands. I seriously can not believe that I am helping her. I said that two months ago and I still could not believe it.

We took the teddy bears inside the car but at the backseat. Her eyes were beaming with happiness yet sadness. She kept smiling at Milo and giving him a smile.

We got to Milo's house again to get her stuff because we need to leave now.

I parked and I said that I'll wait inside the car. She nodded and went out. I called Dante while I was waiting for Kyla.

"Costa su succedendo?" I asked, knowing very well I probably need to be in Italy.

Translating: what's is happening

"Your mother wants you home. So does your uncle." Dante said, shuffling evident.

"Okay, but how were things when I was not there?" I asked, inquisitive to know if there had been someone.

"No. Nothing really happened, which is suspicious because they know that you are not in Rome now." He said, and I wondered if this was my mother's pathetic attempt to arrange a marriage with Bianca.  She really wants me to get married to Bianca because their family is rich but we're also rich. They are neither richer but their are neither less rich than us too, it's just a tie.

"Okay." I said when I saw Kyla coming with her grey suitcase. I got out of the driver's seat to help her put the suitcase in the trunk, but she gave me a cold look, colder than ice, and it has a freezing point of 32°F or 0°C.

"Bye. I'll miss you." She gave each of them a peck and hugged Milo tighter. She waved as we drove out of the driveway.

She returned to her nonchalant expression once we were on the road.

"What is with the cold look?" I asked as I turned to face her when the traffic lights were on red. She huffed and turned the other way.

"Really?" I raised an eyebrow. "Matteo. Is the person driving my car safe?" She dismissed the topic as if it was something that we did not talk about.

"Yes. Tell me what's wrong." I urged as we got out of the car. "Nothing." She snapped and stared at her emotionless.

"Fine. Be that way." I grunted as we walked inside the jet. I let her in first, but she sat as far away from me as the width of the plane could go.

I could not say that her giving me the cold shoulder did not hurt. It did, but she must not know that. I worked while she fell asleep because it was either talk to me or stare into space. At this point, the silence says rather look at the ceiling. It is more interesting.

"Okay. Just talk to me." I shut the book, and it startled her. Her brown eyes stared at me, I saw the tiniest bit of a crinkle in her right eye softened.

"Why do you do that?" She tilted her head as she observed me better. She tried reading me, but she knew better than to try and figure me out. I am a complicated being.

"What?" I was genuinely confused. What does she talk about. She shook her head as if she was in a trance, but she was bringing herself back to reality.

"I feel like you're dictating my life." She said, and I completely agree with her, but it is for her own safety.

"È per la tua sicurezza-" I started, but she cut me off.

"Lo so, ma l'unica persona che può tenermi al sicuro sono io." She replied, and I tried to remain calm.

Translate: The only person who can keep me safe is me.

I inhaled a sharp breath. "I understand, but I can take care of myself." She gave me a light tap on my shoulder.

"Ti prenderai del tempo per capire, ma abbastanza presto lo farai." I muttered under breath, and we finally arrived at Rome.

We got put off the jet and headed straight for my car. She sat in the passenger seat, and I sat in the driver seat. I looked through the rare view mirror that someone was following us. It was a black one of which every mafia owns. Some of which have their own symbols and that right there might be Lucas declaring war.

I took my gun, and I locked and loaded. I took a sharp turn, heading to an empty highway where there were no people. As if on cue, the gun sounds started firing at us. Really? How cliché.

"Take the wheel." I said to Kyla as I started firing towards them. "Where can I lose them?" She asked so calmly, I was losing myself because of that sweet voice of hers.

"I don't know, just lose them." I said more cars were in front of us. It is a trap. Kyla took a turn to one of the holes in between the railing. There are railings for a reason, and that is to stop a car from falling.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I asked as I got in the car. "Trust me." She increased the velocity of the car, and we were in mid-air.

Oddly enough, I did trust her. The car landed in a zigzag highway where there were actually cars, and there was not a single scratch on us. This girl is amazing.
She decelerated, knowing that we are among other cars now.

"That was impressive." I said as I took a seat on where she was recently sitting.

"Thanks." She nonchalantly said. She parked outside the gate of the mansion. She sighed, knowing that she was going back to reality.

I ran my fingers through my hair in frustration. She looked at me with her chocolate brown eyes. "I'm sorry." She finally said, her hands laying upon her thighs.

"What for?" I asked, extremely confused as to why she is apologizing.

"For using a disrespectful tone towards you." I noticed she clenched her fingers upon the fabric of the jeans she was wearing. "Okay." I got out of the car.

There is something going on with Kyla, and I plan to find it out.

**************************************
A/N
I would like to take a moment, *wipes fake tear with tissue* Thank you 53 readers, you've been really supportive and I promise to do what I do because of you. Hehe that rhymed. Any whoooooo, back to Rome, here we go. I'm on a role!! Don't forget to v-o-t-e

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.5K 1.1K 74
Kimberly was fine with her simple normal life being an escort up until Tristan Grey's walked in and her life changed for ever. Follow them on their j...
2.5M 72.9K 48
"What did you do?" Nathan voice make me jump, he was standing right behind me. I turn around slightly to face his towering frame at me, "Nothing, it'...
120 34 19
"Promise not to leave me?" She asks looking up at me. The thought of me and her not being together makes me sick. "I would never leave you." She lays...
56.7K 1.3K 53
As being the only black girl in an Italian family, Naomi Russo has lived in Italy her full life now but when her family business makes her move to Ne...