right where you left me

By sydsofia13

After experiencing the heartbreak of a lifetime, Tippah Jones decides to leave Lyon, and move to Arsenal, in... More

Prologue
Chapter 1 - Burn in my Throat
Chapter 2 - Breaking the Lines
Chapter 3 - Nothing At All
Chapter 4 - Falling
Chapter 5 - Peace
Chapter 6 - Lighthouse
Chapter 7 - Connections
Chapter 8 - Bringing Her Down
Chapter 9 - Lighting Her Up
Chapter 10 - Liquid Courage
Chapter 11 - Horrors, Hurts and Harms
Chapter 12 - Real Smooth
Chapter 13 - No More Lies
Chapter 14 - Honour
Chapter 15 - Pure Luck
Chapter 16 - His Leah
Chapter 17 - Too Real. Too Raw.
Chapter 18 - Official
Chapter 19 - Light Alcohol
Chapter 20 - Just Ellie
Chapter 21 - All This Time
Chapter 22 - Double Shit
Chapter 23 - Arsenal Family
Chapter 24 - Live in the High
Chapter 25 - My Now
Chapter 26 - Game of the Century
Chapter 27 - Counting for Something
Chapter 28 - Natural Interactions
Chapter 29 - Everything has Changed
Chapter 30 - Hating the World
Chapter 31 - Lies Hurt
Chapter 32 - Finding Answers
Chapter 33 - Would've, Could've, Should've
Chapter 34 - Naivity
Chapter 35 - Villain
Chapter 36 - End of a Decade
Chapter 37 - Back To December
Chapter 38 - Growing Sideways
Chapter 39 - Start of the Apocalypse
Chapter 40 - Come Back
Chapter 41 - Be Here
Chapter 42 - Long Time Coming
Chapter 43 - Start of the End
Chapter 44 - Castles Crumbling
Chapter 45 - Endure and Survive
Chapter 46 - Love and War (in your twenties)
Chapter 47 - Summertime Sadness
Chapter 48 - Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 49 - Anatomy
Chapter 50 - Fireflies
Chapter 51 - Matilda(s)
Chapter 52 - Walking the Family Line
Chapter 53 - I Can't See You
Chapter 54 - 10,000 Miles
Chapter 55 - Truths
Chapter 56 - A Limited Vocabulary
Chapter 57 - Hurting, Praying, Harming
Chapter 58 - Nerve
Chapter 59 - I'm Home
Epilogue

Another Note From Me to You

2.6K 63 9
By sydsofia13

Hello my dear friends,

And welcome back to a segment I like to call: Syd explaining her stories with some deep and meaningful reason! (Catchy right!)

Now, right where you left me, I'll miss it. It was fun; different; and gave Leah a happy ending (which she deserved after It's Our Secret).

But, now, here's where it gets deep.

Tippah's story, although not like anything I have personally experienced, reflects something I have been affected by.

Drinking is an addiction. It hurts those around you. My family has been a victim far too many times of the impacts of alcoholism and its generational curses. My father, the sweetest, most loving person in this world, has told me stories of growing up in an environment wreaked with drinking and its effects. He told me of when he was young, trying to avoid the hole that his own father found himself in.

My dad grew up thinking he was a problem. He grew up thinking the hurt and pain that my grandfather had was because of him and his sisters. He was the youngest of four, and loved the joys of a big family but the pains often outweighed that.

I never met my grandfather. He died before I was born when my dad was only young, a teenager in fact. He had too many health problems to count, apparently and it was only a matter of time. But there was still something so painful about his death, I've been told, that my dad tried to find his purpose. He didn't know what to do. Even though he caused so much pain, and anguish, he still loved him.

He was his dad. That counts for something, right?

But what brought me so much contentment, was my dad learned to accept help from those around him. My parents met when they were very young, and had me and my sister at only 19. He would always speak that we were his miracle. Without us, he didn't know what he was going to do. We gave him purpose.

We were something to think about away from alcohol and his own father. And he always promised to us that he would never let what happened to him, happen to us and not once he has never fallen to the depths that his own father did. Not once has that ever occurred in my lifetime.

He lived up to his promise. He lived up to his own expectations of himself. His kindness and love is radiant. He's there, for me, throughout it all. He was my shining light through most of my own darkness despite his own demons. He was my hero even though he often thought of himself as the villain.

But he never was the villain.

I've always loved writing about beautiful father-daughter relationships, some of which we kind of see with India and John in Only Friends, and my dad is my own inspiration, for all of those.

So, writing about this strained relationship was difficult. Writing about Tippah and Michael did hurt. But I knew that it was important. Important to show that not every relationship can be beautiful. Some come with hurt, and pain.

But Tippah's strength, particularly towards the end of the story, as she fought through the addiction, was hard. It was hard to think of my own father having to push through the same. Tippah had Leah, who helped her. My dad had my mum, who helped him. There is something so beautiful about that: your pain doesn't need to be only yours. Those who love you want to help you. They would feel that pain if it meant you didn't have to.

And that's what I wanted to show.

Indigo, or Goey, was Tippah's final light. It was her push towards freedom. Just like how me and my own sister were my fathers.

Now, before you ask: no I do not know anyone who has/will commit murder (lol). That was a lovely sub plot in my mind that ended up making the final book. (Btw that happens a lot and it's cause I do not plan... but you know what, it's worked so far. Right?)

Anyways, I hope this offers a glimpse into my life. I swear you guys know more than my in real life friends do about me. My secret in real life nature is very very different to this girlie who writes all this stuff.

Get ready for what is to come,

Syd x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 181 15
"π•‹π•™π•šπ•€ π•₯π•™π•šπ•Ÿπ•˜ π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ π•žπ•–π•Ÿ 𝕔𝕒𝕝𝕝 𝕛𝕦𝕀π•₯π•šπ•”π•–, π•₯π•™π•šπ•€ π•“π•π•šπ•Ÿπ•• π•€π•Ÿπ•’π•œπ•– π•₯𝕙𝕒π•₯ 𝕀π•₯𝕣 π•šπ•œπ•–π•€ π••π• π•¨π•Ÿ π•žπ•–π•Ÿ π•šπ•Ÿ π•₯𝕙𝕖 𝕕�...
849K 39.5K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
78.2K 1.6K 20
i wanna lay it all down, it's getting heavy for me now οΏ« leah williamson x fem!oc οΏ« friends to lovers οΏ« 2022-2024 οΏ« awfc...
113K 2.5K 29
How will it go when a young talent joins Arsenal and meets another young talent already on the team?