𝙵𝙰𝙻𝙻𝙸𝙽𝙶 𝙵𝙾𝚁 𝙼𝚈 𝙻...

By ryne_kko

『❝Levi Ackerman x Seme Male Reader❞』 //Modern AU// [¡Warning: Contains mentions of abuse!] M/n L/n is a renow... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29

Chapter 28

1.4K 87 5
By ryne_kko

M/n immediately stood up, body tensed, unsure if he had heard right. "What?"

"We investigated the boy's background and found a few relatives," the woman said again. "But none of them were found suitable to take care of him. They're his grandparents, however, it was found that they don't have the means to house the boy. With their permission, the reins have been handed over to you."

M/n could hardly find the means to give her answer. He couldn't believe it. "Mr. L/n?"

"I-I'm here," he replied, regaining his composure. "Yes. So, what's next?"

"Well," she said. "I have here that your home inspection is set to take place later today. As for finances, the court's already aware that you're more than able to financially support another child in your home."

"That's right."

"All the CPA wants to know now is if you have a suitable home life for him. If you pass the home inspection, I'll give you another call and we'll have you come down to the court to sign some documents."

M/n sighed in relief. "Thank you very much, Ms. Magnolia."

"It's no problem," she replied. "I'll let you go now. Best of luck, Mr. L/n."

M/n's hands were shaky as he hung up the phone. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips. It was a weight off his shoulders to hear such good news. After he let that info properly sink in, he made a call to his parents' house.

It rang for a bit before someone picked up. "Hello?" came the sound of Mitch's voice.

"Hey," M/n said. "Dad, I've got some news for you and Mom."

Mitch sounded surprised to hear that. But he figured from M/n's tone that it had to be good news. Immediately, he called out to his wife, who had been sitting in the living room reading.

"Honey, M/n's on the phone," the (h/c)-ette heard him say.

After a while, he heard his mom's voice too. "Hello!" she greeted. "How've you been?"

"As of right now, I'm the best I can be," he replied, that smile still on his face.

"Said he had some news for the both of us," Mitch added.

"Really? What is it? We're all ears."

"So, the lady from the CPA just called and let me know how the investigation went," M/n explained, receiving some small gasps from them. "She said they found some relatives but they decided to hand guardianship over to me, so long as I pass the home inspection."

Immediately, the two of them cheered. M/n had filled them in on the situation a few days prior, so they knew about Eren and the things he was going through. Just like M/n, they had been waiting for an update on the situation. So, to hear this was amazing news.

"I'm sure things will work out in your favor, M/n!" Mitch said.

"I can't wait to have another grandson! Oh, I'm certain S/n will be thrilled!"

The (h/c)-ette nodded. "Yes. I'll have to talk with him when I come by to pick him up at your house."

"Why don't we all talk to him about it?" his mother suggested. "He may have trouble understanding the situation and it'll be better if we're all present to tell him."

"You're right," M/n replied. "In that case, I'll be there once the home inspection is done."

His mother chuckled, clearly still feeling giddy about the news. "I'm sure you'll do well. And if they start to have any doubts about your abilities, I'll be there to back you up, don't you worry!"

M/n smiled at that. "Thanks. Well, that was the status update I wanted to give you. I've got to finish up here so I can leave here."

"Of course! Go ahead. We'll see you later," his mom said.

"See you!"

With that, he hung up. Quickly, he finished up the rest of the work he had left for the day. He'd sorted more documents into their respective files, made calls to the necessary people, and made some more progress with his notes.

By the time he'd finished, it was about one in the afternoon. He got up from his chair and gathered his stuff, slinging his suit jacket over his shoulder and grabbing his leather briefcase. He closed and locked his office behind him, making his way out.

"Sol," he said as he walked by the secretaries' desk. "If anyone calls asking for me, let them know I'm no longer in the office today and I'll take their call tomorrow."

She nodded as she set down her drink. "You got it. I'll let them know."

He thanked her and left for the elevator. The doors shut and the elevator began to go down. Halfway to getting to the ground floor, the elevator stopped, which made M/n look up. Slowly, the doors opened.

Lo and behold, it was Eszter. She seemed surprised to see him as well as she stepped inside. "L/n," she said, her gaze trailing to the briefcase and suit jacket hanging from my arm. "I'm assuming you're not going out for lunch?"

"You'd be right," M/n replied.

Eszter held her bag and cleared her throat at the rather awkward atmosphere. "So, uh..." She began to say. "What are you up to? Headed home early?"

"Something like that."

"Right..." she said, her attempt at a conversation quickly shut down but she tried again. "How's work? Not too stressful, I hope?"

"It's been going well so far."

She smiled, hearing a good response from him. "That's good to hear. I'm glad."

M/n turned to her a little. "What about you? Settling in alright?"

Eszter nodded. "Yeah, actually, I'm handling my own case right now. It's small, but Mr. Sakai's been acting as a shadow and helping me where I need it."

"I see..." M/n replied. "Sakai has some good advice, so make sure to take notes. They might come in handy one day."

That was the last thing said as the elevator stopped at the ground floor. The doors then opened, allowing the two to leave. They headed down the hall and parted ways as M/n went to go talk to the front desk staff.

Eszter simply watched for a bit before heading out of the building to find somewhere to eat. "Mr. L/n," one of the staff members said. "How can I help you?"

"I already let Sol know, but if anyone calls or comes in asking to meet me, please let them know that I'm out of the office for the rest of the day."

"Of course," they replied. "I'll take care of it."

"Excellent, thank you."

M/n then turned on his heel and walked out.

--

Soon, his car pulled into the driveway of his house. As he stepped out of his car, he was greeted by the head maid, Mayumi, whom he had called earlier to inform her about the situation.

"Welcome home, sir," she said with a smile. "Everything is as tidy as always so you have nothing to worry about."

"Thank you so much, Mayumi," the (h/c)-ette replied as he stepped inside the house.

He hung up his suit jacket and briefcase on the hooks by the door and looked around. Sure enough, the house looked as clean and tidied up as it had always been. "We have drinks to offer, yes?" he asked.

Mayumi nodded. "Yes. I had them prepared earlier."

Just as M/n finished looking around, he heard a car pull into the driveway. "That must be them," he said and walked back over to the door.

"Best of luck, sir."

Outside was a black SUV and out of it stepped Isabel Magnolia and a different case worker. "Mr. L/n," Isabel greeted him, holding her hand out. "Good afternoon."

M/n accepted her handshake. "Ms. Magnolia."

Isabel then turned to the woman beside her. "This is Mrs. Duran," she told M/n. "The court sent her along to help me conduct the inspection."

"Hello," Mrs. Duran said, holding her hand out to him. "That is correct. I'm here to be the family court's eyes. I hope that's no bother to you, Mr. L/n."

"Not at all," M/n replied as he accepted her handshake as well. "As the court's eyes, I trust you will be fair in your judgment?"

Mrs. Duran nodded. "Of course. We want to give the child the best opportunity, after all."

"Then, please," M/n said. "Step inside."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

127K 1.6K 6
Was it just attraction? The magnetic pull between you and your Corporal was something that tormented you for so long. Your body aches for his touch...
432K 12.5K 51
Levi x reader AU One night started it all. They both knew that it was just a one night stand. But little did they know it started it all. You just s...
1.2M 49.4K 35
He loved you,proposed to you and did whatever a loving husband could do for the past four years of your marriage. His name is Levi Ackerman and you l...
294K 10.2K 33
{Levi x Reader} {Trilogy: Pt 1} I lived within so many barricades; the physical wall that barred me from the unknown, outside world...the social wal...