pure imagination || jing yuan...

By icametolaughatyou

Whereas three dangerous people vie for the affections of an innocent civilian struggling to pay her rent. "Li... More

intro
act one | a tailor's trouble
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
act two | a dragon's love
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
act three | an immortal's turmoil

twenty one

3.1K 141 40
By icametolaughatyou

"You're going where with who tonight?!"

Dan Heng bit the inside of his cheek as he realized how loud his voice got. Quickly calming himself, he tried his best to lower his voice so the next words he let's leave his mouth doesn't echo across the whole damn city. But who could blame him? The last thing he expected when he met up with y/n for lunch today was to hear about how she now has a date with Blade apparently. Blade of all people.

Y/n all the while held a 'hehe i'm in danger' look the whole time she was telling the Vidyadhara about her encounter with Blade yesterday. Their lunch getting dangerously cold as the two them dragged their conversation out.

"Y/n, I don't think you should go with him tonight."

Because (a) he might kill you if you upset him in anyway and (b) that soirée for the big companies is just a cover up. It's actually a sort of gathering for all the bigger mafia families and the lower branches. If you go to that... he shuddered at the thought of her dying to a shootout. Originally he was planning on not attending as he usually just ignored such events. But if she goes...I may just have to go as well and make sure she doesn't end up dead in a ditch somewhere.

She crossed her arms over her chest and looked away, "its too late. He already bought me a dress and sent it to my place this morning and told me to be ready by eight."

Dan Heng practically reached for straws as he tried to figure out ways to deter her from going until he went over her words a few more times, "how does he know where you live to send you something?"

"He told me after asking me out on to the soirée that he owns the place that I work at and could just look up my papers. You know the stuff with my phone number, my address, and emergency contacts on it?"

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
the day before
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

"Alright, but I don't have anything to wear except for those few dresses I have when I still worked at that night club."

Blade did not like the idea of her wearing such outfits where even more people could see her, so he decided to take matters into his own hands.

"Its fine, i can just buy you something and send a dress to you in the morning."

"Why tomorrow?"

"Because the soirée is tomorrow night, songbird."

He reached forward and tapped the screen since she was still holding his phone. Her eyes carefully watching the action as he gaze fixated onto a date. Guess it is tomorrow night...

"Well, maybe its best if I just go buy myself a new dress then.."

"No, I said I'll buy you one myself."

She pressed her lips together, "you don't even know my size."

He looked her up and down, "I think I can guess, and if I'm wrong then I can just send you different sizes of the same dress."

"That would cost a lot! Besides, you don't even know where I live."

He smirked and gestured for her to give him back his phone which she did.

Crossing her arms over her chest, she waited as he tapped away before handing the phone back to her. And once he did, her facial expression went completely blank.

Right in front of her, on the screen, was her employee data sheet. It had her profile picture, full name, phone number, home address, and even her emergency contacts (which was empty by the way).

"How-?"

"I own this place songbird. Ever heard of Stellaron Hunters? Thats the major company that I work at and manage. So its easy for me to look up any employees working at the stores that fall under the Stellaron Hunters chain."

She relented with an exhausted smile and handed his phone back.

"I still feel bad for all the money you're probably going to waste on this dress..."

"Then don't think about it and focus on looking good for me."

"What? I don't always look good?"

"I didn't say that."

Their banter continued until another customer came in, Blade then taking his leave before telling her to be ready by eight tomorrow night.

It was date.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
present time
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Dan Heng huffed when y/n explained everything that happened yesterday. This whole thing not sitting right with him as he tried to refrain from going to find Blade right then and there and lash out at the man.

Instead, he looked to y/n who was now stuffing her face with her lunch, a happy smile flitting across her lips.

"Well, just be careful. And if anything happens, just know that I'll be there too."

Her eyes widened as she swallowed the food her mouth, "you'll be there too?!"

He nodded, "you seem surprised."

"Well, Blade said that this soirée was for like really bug companies."

"Didn't I tell you I worked at one?"

"You did, but I didn't think they company you worked at was that big."

"You wound me, y/n."

And just like that, the tense atmosphere that Dan Heng unknowingly created had shifted back into something more friendly. Maybe it was because he had a new resolve in going to the soirée and making sure nothing happened to y/n while she's there..., and as lunch came to an end, y/n was just about to fish out her wallet. That was until Dan Heng beat her to it.

"Thank you both for eating with us this afternoon, I hope you have a great rest of the day."

Being handed back his card, y/n could only sit in a shocked silence before-

"You jerk! I said I would pay this time!"

Dan Heng gave her a rather clueless expression. His hand cupping his chin in mock thought, "you did? I can't seem to recall..."

"Why you..."

By this point they had already left the little restaurant and were on the sidewalk when she had lunged for him. Her arms wrapping around his neck as she wrestled with him. Now, it was obvious to her that he was much stronger than she was, but he still let her tackle him and even moved a little from the impact.

"You're so mean!"

"I'm mean? You're the one attacking me."

He straightened up his posture, but she didn't let go of him, so she was kind of just .. hanging there around his neck. Her feet dangling as her body pressed up against his. The two "glaring" at each other as their faces neared.

He wanted to kiss her, and he was just about to when his phone started ringing. An exasperated sigh that wanted to leave his lips was quickly diminished before it could escape. Y/n already letting go of his neck and dropped to the ground and before she could stumble, he had wrapped a hand around her waist to keep her close (and to make sure she didn't fall). Then with his free hand, he grabbed his phone from his pocket and scanned the caller id. His mood slightly dampening from who it was.

"Y/n-"

"Its alright! Must be an important call with how your face is scrunched up," she said with a snicker as she riggled out of his grasp.

"I'll see you later at the soirée, ok?"

"Yeah, see you."

She waved to him as she turned and skipped away in the direction of Stellaron Tailor. His lips pursing together as a smile threatened to invade his lips. He liked seeing her happy like this.

But then, his phone started ringing again.

His eyes locking back onto he caller id when y/n disappeared around a corner.

Jing Yuan.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.4K 970 35
You, an ordinary long life species who belonged to the Xianzhou Alliance, succumbed to the clutches of death during the Sedition of Imbibitor Lunae...
22K 1.4K 25
𝑇ℎ𝑒 𝑛𝑎𝑚𝑒 𝑌/𝑛 ℎ𝑎𝑠 𝑏𝑒𝑐𝑜𝑚𝑒 𝑎 𝑠𝑜𝑢𝑟𝑐𝑒 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑒𝑒𝑝 𝑝𝑎𝑖𝑛 𝑎𝑛𝑑 𝑠𝑎𝑑𝑛𝑒𝑠𝑠 𝑓𝑜𝑟 𝐽𝑖𝑛𝑔𝑙𝑖𝑢 𝑎𝑓𝑡𝑒𝑟 𝑎𝑙𝑙 𝑡ℎ𝑎𝑡...
52.2K 2.3K 21
"You're the moonlight and I'm the morningstar, Won't you agree with me, Blade?" A sickly Stellaron Hunter who Elio gave a promise of escaping her nat...