beautiful one, sharer of my l...

By sssadora

who but you will ever hold my heart? Lu Yun Gojo Satoru is to be wed to the daughter of Zen'in Naobito. What... More

1: Duties
2: Smile and bear it
3: Water is good luck
4: Falling victim
5: Swim in a pond
6: Mail is here!
7: Naoya's letter
8: Gojo Satoru's bad handwriting
9: Adventures at the post house
10: New friends
11: Scorned child
12: High-maintenance
13: Big news
14: Letters to home
15: Dinner with friends!
16: Geto
17: Satoru is home
18: Real pain
19: Family ties
20: Shithead brother-in-law
21: Late honeymoon
22: Kiss and make up
23: The lion tamer and her small cat
24: The heartbreak of Maeda Jun
25: Misfortune upon the Zen'in siblings
26: Megumi's bad attitude
27: Allegiances and devotion
28: Tank!
29: Happy birthday Satoru
30: First snow
31: Pathetic and entirely manly
32: Good times, more bad times
34: Unease
35: Zen'in return
36: Conspiracies of the Kamo and Zen'in
37: Perfect preparation
38: The war effort
39: Enlightenment
40: I love this bar
41: Just us and Toji
42: O, children
43: Lifelines
Ending notes

33: Happy new year!

205 10 0
By sssadora

Fushiguro Megumi was in shock of what he was watching.

Satoru left the store in a hurry, murmuring that fuckin' piece 'a shit before leaving, and slammed the door shut behind him. Apparently Gojo Satoru knows all before everyone else (or, he had been keeping an eye on you).

Nanami kept Megumi, Yuji and Nobara inside of his store but he just could not keep from watching behind the windows. They all were pressed against the door, watching the commotion which supposedly came out of nowhere.

Nanami wondered what the fuck just happened in the two minutes they came to the bookstore.

"What the fuck just happened?!" Nobara asked, absolutely vexed. Yuji flinched at her words.

"Language." Megumi mumbled.

"I do not know, but you three should stay out of it," Nanami himself stood over the three of them and peered out the window as well, only to see utter pandemonium. What once was a lively new year's celebration was now marred by shouting men and their daimyo at an all out war with his enemy. "Matter of fact, I think you should not even watch."

"Who knew Gojo-sensei would fight his father in law..." Yuji murmured, his stomach dropping as he saw his benefactor push everyone out of the way so he could face Zen'in Naobito one on one but...one group was coming toward the store before the first punch was thrown. Upon closer inspection, Megumi could make out who it was.

"Geto-san and the girls," he said, then wrenched the door open without a second thought. You were walking alright but the boy could tell you were in a deep, deep daze while Geto helped you up the small staircase. Utahime was spouting curses to Shoko and Haibara was rubbing Jun's shoulder as she sniffled. "What happened?" Megumi asked but since he was exposed to the open air, he was able to see the next spectacle clearly. Just as you and the others slipped past him into the warmth of the store, he saw Gojo hei marching up quickly behind their daimyo and Satoru getting in close to Naobito's face.

Megumi could imagine the almost feral look on Satoru's face. He'd seen it before while training years ago. But he could not hear the words he said that made the older man scowl and turn away.

Behind Satoru were his citizens shouting their support at said words, among other (foul) ones, and Megumi could only hope that Naobito forgot about him and left...but what did that mean for those left at the estate? Maki and Mai, who Naobito already despised? For Toji? His dad?

Even thinking of them being harmed was too much to bear.

A hand reached for him from inside the shop. Utahime.

"Come, come."

"I have to go with them."

"No, you stay here." She said.

"But my dad and--"

"They're gonna be fine," she pleaded, her hand wrapping around his and desperately pulling him inside. "They will figure something out, but you need to stay with us."

"I'll have to help them!"

"The way he is right now, he'll kill you and leave you dead in the snow." Jun interrupted. Megumi knew she was right, but he felt like a coward leaving those closest to him fending for themselves in the wake of Naobito's wrath.

Megumi didn't say anything, because you were being sat down in a wooden chair. Your breath was steady. Even. But your eyes were downcast and looking dead and buzzed. Should he worry?

"What do we do?" Yuji asked Shoko.

"You got first aid in here? This is gross."

"What?"

The teenagers walked around to view the left side of your face and all gasped when they saw the blood streaking across your temple and the deep bruise already forming. Yuji felt especially downtrodden when he saw it.

Nanami returned with a small tin box of supplies and handed it to Shoko, then whisking the kids away to sit back in his office. The adults were talking now, and Megumi was beyond pissed off.

Shoko had begun to clean the cracked skin without so much as a reaction from you. Even she was nervous.

"This is ridiculous," Utahime said while she paced. "What is he doing out there?"

"Maybe he's calling off the celebration." Jun offered weakly. She sat next to a disappointed Haibara who still had a comforting arm around her.

"He's not." Geto said back, eyes trained on the heartbreaking frown you wore.

"This isn't the sort of thing you just call off," Nanami agreed, "if you cancel the celebration, that means the new year won't start well."

"Who cares? The Lady of the fief is in distress!"

"The new year is in two hours."

"That doesn't matter!"

"Maybe we should all be quiet," Shoko said, a tinge of annoyance on her tongue, "I fear arguments will not help to settle the mind." And so everyone shut their mouths as they found places to sit and worry to themselves. However you did not move a muscle voluntarily, even when Shoko gently angled your head so she could get a better view of your face, you did not protest or wince.

Minutes passed of tense silence as the noise outside died down and returned to normal. The kids kept coming in and out of the room to check on things but when they saw nothing going on, they had returned to the boring old office. Jun and Haibara still sat close by, Geto still kept his eyes latched on you, Utahime was biting her nails, and Nanami was looking at Satoru in the open outside.

He's trying to calm everyone down, especially Kurusu and her daughter, but he still looked as mad as ever. He is likely telling everyone that the celebration is still on and to keep doing as they pleased, and he will tend to his lady in the meantime.

The Zen'in group was gone (even though they left one Fushiguro). Things finally settled down and Shoko finished her work. She stopped the bleeding, helped to reduce the small amount of swelling, helped seat you in a more comfortable position, and of course checked for any signs of bleeding in your womb. All clear. No one spoke for a sustainable period as they waited for the daimyo, yet it was entirely likely that he would be speechless too.

What did this mean in terms of war?

Would Satoru lay siege on the Zen'in house or would he leave the matter up to you?

It was well known that the fief could sustain conflicts, but another period of harsh war against the Zen'in? Satoru was hesitant to put his people through that.

Or...I could kill them all myself.

Either way, he'd have to speak to Tengen before any declarations of war.

His thoughts were heavy on his mind as he walked into the bookstore still absolutely fuming. Geto could tell. His posture was rigid and the scowl he wore was enough to crumble anyone who dared look at him. The door shut behind him as everyone promptly listened for any words he decided to give. Hands on his hips, he looked at you completely zoned out in the chair and walked over to it.

All eyes lay on Satoru (the kids peeking around the corner) but he said nothing at all. The only thing he did was pull up a chair and sit down next to you, one hand on your belly and the other turning your face so you'd look at him. And though you hadn't willingly looked or spoken to anyone, the moment Satoru was in your view, your dulled eyes blinked back into focus. You coughed slightly and then swallowed.

"I'm fine." you mumbled.

"I know," he replied back. He then turned to Geto, "would you take everyone and spread word that we will not delay the ceremony in the shrine, but that I will not be in attendance."

"Who is lighting the lantern?"

"The kids can do it. Keep morale high."

"You need to be there." Shoko said absentmindedly. She read the room alright, but she didn't care to adhere. Part of you was thankful.

"If my wife is not there, then I am not there."

"I will be," you said quietly, "I only need a moment to rest."

Satoru sighed and dropped his head at the response. He knew full well you needed to go home, but he also knew you well enough to know that you wouldn't.

"So what am I telling people?" Geto said as he stood up.

"Everything goes as planned...Yuji and Nobara send off the lantern."

"What about Megumi?" you asked.

"Megumi?" Satoru asked with wide eyes, "he's here?"

"Yes. It was not safe for him to return home with that man." Utahime said decisively.

"What the hell, Utahime?" he scolded, only for her to rise up and point at him accusingly.

"What did you want me to do? Let him go home with the same man that hit your wife?!"

"Anything that wouldn't result in me having a fugitive in my fief."

"Gojo, they can hear you." Nanami warned.

"Oh, so sorry...I don't care!"

Megumi flinched in the office space. Yuji offered a small apology and Nobara huffed in annoyance where she stood against the wall ("adults can be so rude").

"Gojo-san, I can attest that sending him home would only bring him harm," Jun offered next to Haibara. "I know this for a fact...you can see it does not matter how young or weak one person may be." Satoru scowled.

"And what happens when his father finds out and comes out here to kill me again? Huh?!"

The three teenagers in the back office all looked up in alarm. What did he just say? This is one story that Satoru had never told any of them. "I think we should try not to argue." you said quietly, and Satoru let out another sigh as he rubbed your shoulder soothingly.

"We're not arguing."

"Oh, I am!" Utahime shot back. "What is wrong with you? You just want to send him back?!"

"You always want to argue, Utahime!"

This is getting ridiculous.

"Enough," Geto stopped the two-grown adults-from fighting any longer. Utahime still glared at your husband however. "Why don't we all take a step outside...get some fresh air and clear our heads, alright? And we can spread word at the same time."

"But she-"

"Satoru." Geto said.

"Well, I want to stay with y/n," he grumbled dramatically, "I am not taking another step out there."

"Fine, then everyone else, with me," Geto said before gathering the other adults and ushering them out the door. Wood creaked behind both you and your husband and when you turned, you saw your children walking cautiously out into the open. Geto sighed when he realized that they were, in fact, still here, and Satoru watched Megumi with curious eyes...not that he returned the look. "You two come with me, Fushiguro, you stay in here."

The door shut behind everyone and the room was once again doused with a silence that made you shrink in your seat.

"So...are you mad?" Megumi asked as he settled beside you.

"Who?"

"You, Gojo-sensei."

"Nah, I'm not," he admitted, "I just don't like babysitting."

Megumi glared while you shook your head.

However his glare subsided as he watched the celebratory lanterns fly up into the sky, the largest and brightest sent up by Yuji and Nobara. He watched by Geto Suguru off to the side, hidden by his large robe in the event that he would be recognized...but it seemed that everyone was focused on the daimyo and his seishitsu smiling softly at the celebration. You sat on one of the benches outside of the shrine, watching the teenagers look up at the hundreds of lanterns following their own and beside you, was your doting husband with a heavy arm around your shoulders.

Yet when Megumi arrived with the cavalry back to the Gojo estate and fell asleep in the soldier's quarters in the bed beside Yuji, he let his mind worry again.

What is dad going to do?

Is he going to come for me?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.6K 184 5
๐•Š๐•’๐•ฅ๐• ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฉ๐•Š๐•ฆ๐•˜๐•ฆ๐•ฃ๐•ฆ๐•ฉ๐”ฝ๐•–๐•žโ„๐•–๐•’๐••๐•–๐•ฃ ~ แด‡ษดแด‡แดส แด›แด สŸแดแด แด‡ส€๊œฑ แด›ส€แดแด˜แด‡!!!! ๐’๐‹๐Ž๐– ๐๐”๐‘๐ & ๐€๐๐†๐’๐“ Y/N has never felt as much hatred for someo...
50.2K 2.1K 18
All Y/l L/n ever wanted was freedom but when you are born into the L/n family freedom is not an option. Y/n is sent to a boarding school for the elit...
1M 30.5K 59
Being in an arranged marriage with the Gojo Satoru, y/n knew that it was inevitable to meet those filled with loath and jealousy. She finds out more...
5.5K 100 14
Returning to your old Jujutsu School to help out as an assistant teacher doesn't sound so bad, right? But when you have to work with the Guy that bro...