RWBY: Grimm Slayer (Vol.5) (M...

By ZANE_555

Here is the fifth volume of this fanfiction I'm doing. (Keep in mind that this whole story and fanfic I'm doi... More

Author's Notes
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46

Chapter 17

166 3 1
By ZANE_555

(Blake)

Back inside of her home (some of the areas are still burned down), Blake, dressed in her summer dress, sitting on her bed, looking at her old signature outfit she wore back when she attended Beacon. 

She looks at the outfit with some level of uneasiness, lifting it up over a half-filled suitcase to get a better look at it. The doorway to her room has been scorched, missing a door as it's replaced with a room divider. After a moment later, Kali pops her head out of room divider, wrapping her fingers around it and knocks on it.

Kali: "Knock, knock."

Hearing her mother's voice, Blake turns her head to see her, speaking in a weak tone.

Blake: "Hello." 

Kali then enters Blake's room, adjusting the room divider properly.

Kali: "I don't have to be a cop to know that means something's wrong. Something on your mind?"

As Kali goes to sit on the bed next to Blake as Blake looks at the crumpled clothes and unrolls them, threading the materials through her fingers. After that, Blake lightly lifts her old outfit from her lap as Kali speaks up.

Kali: "So that's what you wear during your time at Beacon?"

Blake: "Yeah... I wore this the last time I saw... Adam. Both last times... and neither of them were exactly happy occasions. I don't feel like it'd be right for me wear it when I finally confront him." 

Her remark makes her mother visibly puzzled as she asks.

Kali: "Then why not wear the guard uniform? After all, your father is busy setting up coordination with Mistral. Having uniforms will be important."

This makes Blake hesitates to answer for a second, her voice becoming a bit raspy as she declares.

Blake: "Once we've dealt with Adam, I'm going to leave the militia and the Menagerie guards and go back to Vale. That's why I want to wear my huntress outfit again. To prove to myself that I can go back and confront my past."

Kali is quite surprised by this only to become wary of her daughter's declaration.

Kali: "You burned a lot of bridges when you left."

Blake is quick to reply.

Blake: "It doesn't matter... I left a lot of people I care about behind... just so I can come back home. How many of them got hurt because of that? How many of them got killed? There's no way to know what with Vale's CCT down. Aside from Y/N and Sun, Weiss is the only person I know got out of there and when the Schnees are involved, safe is a relative term."

As she said this, Blake clutches her old outfit, looking down at it as Kali place a hand on her shoulder.

Kali: "Sweetie, you feel guilty about all of this."

Blake: "No... well, yes... n-no it's an obligation to my friends. To myself. To see the job, I never finished through to the end."

Kali: "What happens after you go to Vale and rights all those wrongs? You save all of Vale and your friends, then what? What happens after that?"

Blake goes blank for a few moments before finally responding.

Blake: "I... well... I don't know. I never got that far... if that make any sense. I just... assumed all those problems would take forever to fix."

Her mom then rests a hand on Blake's before replying back.

Kali: "What you want is all well and good but, you can't see the problems of your past as problems of her future. Walking backwards is equivalent to just running away. It's only half as coordinated."

Blake squeezes her mother's hand and gaze upon her clothes before her and then asks in a weak voice.

Blake: "How... how do I fix my mistakes?"

Her mother just smiles as she free her hand from Blake's to wrap around Blake's shoulders, pulling her close to her.

Blake: "A good first step is to stop making old ones." 

After a couple moments of silence, Kali turns to Blake's old outfit on her lap. She grabs it and then chucks it to the floor, much to Blake's surprise. 

Blake: "Mom? Why did-?"

Before she can finish speaking, Kali stands from her spot and grab Blake's hand, pulling her up from her bed. 

Kali: "I never really approved of you showing so much skin anyway. Then again, I could understand how you manage to make Y/N fall for you."

Caught off guard by her humor, Blake blushes, pouting at her.

Blake: "M-Mom!"

Her mother just laughs it off.

Kali: "I'm sorry. Just a little teasing."

She then goes to take Blake's hand once more and take her out of her room.

Kali: "I want to show you something."

Blake: "What is it?"

Kali: "You'll see~"

After a few moments of walking, the mother and daughter cross the hall and into the parents' bedroom, which has the same burned-away door problem as Blake's room. Once inside, Kali has Blake wait by the bed as she begins to fumble through her drawers, mumbling to herself while looking for something. 

Kali: "Come on... where is it... I know I put it here... aaand... Aha!" 

She pulls free a hardwood box with the Belladonna symbol on it and hands it to Blake, who looks at it with some level of amazement.

Kali: "Nothing beats the classics."

The moment Blake decides to open it, she asks.

Blake: "What is this?"

Her question is answered by Kali's response and the thing inside the box.

Kali: "Ta-da! It's my old police uniform. The active patrol one, that is. I haven't worn this in decades but, the two of us have such similar builds that we only need a few nips and tucks to make it fit right." 

After that, Kali pushes Blake towards the room's bathroom.

Kali: "Hurry, try it on! See how it feels."

Amused by her mother's excitement, Blake replies.

Blake: "Okay, okay, I'll put it on."

As Blake enter the bathroom with the police uniform in hand, Kali goes to sit on the bed and wait patiently. A couple minutes go by and Y/N and Sun wanders in, poking their heads first into the parents' bedroom before seeing Kali, staring at the bathroom door.

Y/N #3: "Oh, Ka-"

Sun: "Hey, Kali!"

The sudden and rather loud yell from Sun surprises both Kali and Y/N. 

Y/N #3: "Do you really have to yell like that?

Sun: "Right, sorry."

Kali: "Sun? Y/N? What brings you here?"

As they enter the room, Y/N quickly answers.

Y/N #3: "Have you seen Blake? Sun over here wants a free for all sparring match."

Sun: "We wanted to get some sparring in before we head out on the boat."

Y/N #3: "It's going to be cramped over there."

Sun: "Eh, I'm sure it'll be fine. So, have you seen her?"

Kali: "Blake is the middle of trying on an old outfit. You're free to sit down and wait for her."

Y/N and Sun share a quick look before turning to Kali.

Y/N #3: "Fine by me."

Sun: "Sure."

They then plunk down on the bed with Y/N sitting beside Kali and Sun sitting beside Y/N. As they for a couple more moments, Kali leans close to Y/N's ear and with a cheeky smirk, whispers to him.

Kali: "Are you excited on what she might be wearing, Y/N?"

Expecting some kind of reaction from him, Kali is quite surprised to see the calm expression on Y/N's face as he shifts his head to look at her and giving his response. 

Y/N #3: "You mean the old police uniform you used to wear?"

Kali: "What? How do you know?"

Y/N #3: "Ghira told me. Over tea, no less."

Kali: "Oooh..."

She then pouts, looking away from Y/N's gaze.

Kali: "Hmph. You're no fun at all." 

Sun: "For real!? A police uniform? Man, I wonder what it looks like?"

Y/N #3: "We'll just have to wait, Sun."

After a few moments of waiting, Blake finally emerges from the bathroom, adjusting the belt, not noticing Y/N's and Sun's presence. 

[The Blake on the far left corner.]

Kali: "Oh, you look great in it!"

Blake: "Mom... it's a little tight in the back." 

Both Y/N and Sun gaze upon the outfit Blake is now wearing with Sun put his chin in the crook of his thumb, muttering to himself.

Sun: "Huh, so that's what an old police uniform looks like."

Still staring and without blinking, Y/N speaks up, addressing to Blake's previous comment

Y/N #3: "I don't know, Blake. Looks like a perfect fit to me. It's like an hourglass."

Upon hearing this, Blake immediately jumps in surprise to see Y/N and Sun here. Kali, meanwhile, just looks at Y/N with a mix of mortification, amusement, and flattery. Embarrassed, Blake points at them.

Blake: "W-What are you guys doing here?!"

Sun: "Well, we wanted to spar, but we didn't know where you were."

Y/N #3: "We also didn't know that you were having mother-daughter bonding time at the moment. Sorry for disturbing it by the way."

Kali: "Oh, not at-"

Kali immediately stops herself, pondering to herself before smirking as she goes behind Y/N and shove over to Blake.

Kali: "Actually, no. I won't forgive you unless you give a genuine compliment to her."

Y/N #3: "H-Huh?"

Blake: "Mom!"

Kali just stands there, motioning them to go on. Blake and Y/N lock eyes and as Y/N stare at her new outfit, he shifts his eyes away a bit, now feeling embarrassed.

Y/N #3: "You look... great, Blake. It suits you well."

Blake becomes more embarrassed and trying to hide the blushing face she's having, she quickly responds.

Blake: "T-Thanks."

Y/N turns to Kali, who just smiles at them, pleased to see their reactions.

Y/N #3: "Satisfied?"

Kali: "Very. But you could always-"

Before she can finish her sentence, this is when Sun chimes in, making Y/N sigh in relief.

Sun: "Your outfit looks so cool, Blake. Now I really want to spar. Right, Y/N?"

Y/N #3: "Y-Yeah. Especially if it means helping her in mobility."

Sun: "I know, right?"

The two then begin to list off how combat effective Blake's new outfit looks. Kali nearly faces palm over their excited ramblings and a bit disappointed that she can't tease Y/N some more. As for Blake, she composes herself as her embarrassment and the redness on her face fades away. Kali turns to Blake, brushing off some specks of dust on the uniform. 

Kali: "So, how does it feel?"

Blake goes to look at herself for a moment before commenting.

Blake: "It feels... nice. Different."

Kali: "Does it feel like a fresh start?"

Adjusting her gloves a bit, Blake turns to her mother, giving a small smile.

Blake: "It feels like no matter where I go, home is going to be with me."

Her mother places her hands on Blake's shoulders, returning Blake's smile with her own. 

Kali: "It's not the clothes that give you that feeling."

They have their quiet moment before giggling together. After that, Blake turns to Y/N and Sun, who just finish chatting about Blake's new clothes being combat effective. 

Blake: "Are you guys done with packing?"

The two guys just smile to her.

Sun: "Well, duh."

Y/N #3: "We wouldn't be here looking for you if we weren't."

Sun: "Man, I'm going to miss it here." 

Y/N #3: "I know how you feel. I've gotten so used to being here."

Kali giggles to their remarks.

Kali: "Well, that's very nice to hear but, it'll be good to give the construction crew the time to fix the damage from the assassination attempt."

Scratching the back of his head, Sun continues speaking.

Sun: "It's kinda hard to shower when the whole streets can see."

Y/N #3: "Yeah, that wall really needs to be fix. I have to use a worn-out tarp just to cover it up."

Sun: "Though, I am enjoying the cat calls, and the dog calls, and the snake calls, and the fish calls..." 

All eyes fall on him as they look at him with a lack of amusement at his remark. With a deep breath, Blake takes the conversation back.

Blake: "Anyway... are you all ready to start a war?"

They look at her for a moment before Kali smiles, while shrugging.

Kali: "It's the path we've chosen, Blake.

Y/N #3: "It's the White Fang that are starting the war. A war that they don't know or just don't care what might happen to the world if it means they win, and humanity loses. But we all know there is no winner in this."

Sun: "We're going to stop them no matter what!"

Blake nods to this and soon enough, they all leave the Belladonna household. 

(Later On)

 Blake, Kali, Y/N, Sun, and a large group of Menagerie militia are loading up stuff onto a passenger ship with Ghira, standing on a small stage and behind a wooden podium, gives a speech to the people of Menagerie and some of the militia. 

Ghira: "People of Menagerie, I come to you today bringing warning of a threat. Not just to our way of life, but to the world as it stands. The White Fang, once an organization I was proud to call myself the leader of, once a beacon of hope for all Faunus-kind, has been morally corrupted from the inside out. This husk has led innumerable evils across the globe, attacking kingdoms, slaughtering the innocents, humans and Faunus, and most recently, attempting to take my life and the lives of my family. And yet, these villainous actions have been left unpunished, either by negligence or incompetence."

During this speech, Y/N and the others get themselves ready to get on the boat, but not before they help the rest of the Menagerie militia with loading supplies and equipment on the boat. Even some Menagerie civilians offer to assist in this. 

Ghira: "Today, this end. We have learned of a plan by the White Fang that would embroil every kingdom on the planet in a war the likes of which unseen since the Great War 80 years ago. In an effort to prevent this, I asked Menagerie's militia to leave our island and strike at the heart of the White Fang. To stop this horrific event from occurring and quite possibly end the threat of the White Fang entirely."

Meanwhile, Y/N and the others continue their laborious task of carrying crates, supplies, and equipment inside the passenger ship. Y/N feels like someone tapping on his shoulder. He turns around to find the Menagerie guards, especially the ones who tried to pick a fight with him, offering to help out with the task. Y/N and the others gladly accepts it as everyone are beginning to feel firm and resolute. Especially when they continue to listen to Ghira's speech.

Ghira: "I know there are those of you who disagree with Menagerie involving itself on the world stage and as an advocator and lover of peace in all things, I understand any hesitation to bring call to arms. But the harm these radicals could bring, threatens all life across Remnant. With the cooperation of the kingdoms and the fortitude of our militia, I am sure that we will bring a swift and final conclusion to this grim chapter in the history of the Faunus." 

______________________________________________________________________________

(Adam, Mistral)

Adam walks through a rough, hacked down, stone tunnel-like passage. He emerges into a large tunnel filled with airships, crates of dusts, and White Fang troops. He approaches Hazel, who is watching the troops at work. Turning to face him, Hazel hands Adam a clipboard. Adam goes to flip through every page one by one before smirking, giving it back to Hazel. The masked man turns to his troop, getting their attention by hitting his weapon on the ground. 

Adam: "Be sure to prepare yourself, comrades. Because we will achieve the equality that we have worked so hard to obtain. This will begin the next chapter in the history of the Faunus!!"

In response, the troops begin to loudly cheer at his statement with some raising their arms and weapons in the air as Adam ponder to himself.

Adam: ("This Sienna... this is true progress for the White Fang... to our people... it won't matter who we sacrificed to achieve it... it's all for the cause... for the cause...")

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.7K 93 17
This is a fanfic me and my friend have been working on since February of this year. He has an account on Fanfiction.net called purple27gamelord and...
7.8K 47 22
This will be my second attempt at writing a fanfic involving an oc of my own and Yang Xiao Long from RWBY and my second attempt at writing a fanfic i...
23.2K 492 30
RWBY x Male Reader Story Sorry if a lot of things in the chapters seem really confusing, rushed and stupid. It's because I'm really not the best at w...
339K 2.4K 16
This was a story idea that popped in me and my friends heads and if you want to read his, feel free to. So, there will be a bio of what you will wear...