Strange Birds

Af tinybiird

|•ʟɪᴛᴛʟᴇ ɢʜᴏꜱᴛ, ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ʟɪꜱᴛᴇɴɪɴɢ, ᴜɴʟɪᴋᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʏᴏᴜ ᴅᴏɴ'ᴛ ᴍɪꜱꜱ ᴀ ᴛʜɪɴɢ, ʏᴏᴜ ꜱᴇᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ɪ ᴡᴀʟᴋ ᴛʜᴇ ʜᴀʟʟꜱ ɪɴᴠɪ... Mere

•|• Home Room •|•
•|• Lesson One •|•
•|• Lesson Two •|•
•|• Lesson Three •|•
•|• Lesson Four •|•
•|• Lesson Six •|•
•|• Lesson Seven •|•
•|• Lesson Eight •|•
•|• Lesson Nine •|•
•|• Lesson Ten •|•
•|• Lesson Eleven •|•

•|• Lesson Five •|•

44 3 0
Af tinybiird

"The tardy one...is you!" A hoard of dolls quickly overwhelmed them grasping onto their clothes with stubby little hands clinging onto anything they could to weigh them down to allow the scissors to attack.

"AMANE!" Was all he could hear as he was dragged down to his knees by some dolls. Hanako had yelled fearfully fighting against the enemy, barely managing to stand upright before darting o the boy in hopes of getting to him before the looming scissors that stalked him from behind.

"Hana-chan?" He questioned softly, glued in place, unable to budge. Fretful golden hues tracked the ghost as she booked it down the steps rushing to aid him as the overwhelming urge to look up washed over his will. The faint echo of the females shoes clacking along the bitter tile faded as the world took on the appearance of appearing under the sea. Blue washed over his being, dread, a bubble of panic popping inside his chest as his mind whirled with dismay.

Around him had also seemed to freeze upon itself, Yashiro stunned in place as a hoard of evil dolls overwhelmed the poor gal and Kou was left heaving in large gasps of air as he tried (and ultimately failed) to fight against the many overwhelming foes. Slowly, the teen gave into the urge lifting his gaze from his friends up towards the looming danger ready to snap his head straight of his neck.

In that moment his life flashed before his pretty gilded orbs: the time he and Tsukasa ran amongst the July festival like hooligans putting on paper Oni masks to scare away the little girls by the fountain who'd, just earlier that evening, had made him tear up by stealing his balloon, or the time he'd found a little stray tabby mewing pitifully in the mouth of an alley just a few ways from the station he'd walk to every morning on the way to school, he'd taken it with him that day dubbing the little miss 'Momo' for the orange splotch atop her head. Memories flooded his gaze glazing over his dewy eyes as a frown broke onto his fearful face, a nervous sweat beaded down his forehead trailing lines down his face and just as he went to close his eyes, a silent prayer already being formulated a shill cry brought his attention back onto the spirit he's tied to.

"Amane!" She cried desperately, "Amane just look at me! Don't look up, just-just me...okay!?"

The cool metal brushed the nape of his neck as he stared the ghost dead in the eye, her hasty mannerisms looking to fall to waste as he clamped his eyes closed anyway, embracing the new feeling of death.

He isn't angry, no. Not at anyone in particular at least. It had been bound to happen at some point anyways and at least this way he'd be with his friends. Blood trailed down the length of his neck dripping from the loose hairs of his nape dyeing them a dirty crimson. A flinch racked his body as he bent forward onto his knees, unconsciously trying to avoid his fate.

A metallic clang echoed amongst the room as an annoyed sigh grunted near his ear tickling his skin as a cool breath washed down upon him. The vague feeling of being pushed aside hadn't registered until Amane had been punted down a few steps left agape as Hanako took his position facing off against the large pair of scissors.

"Get up you idiot!" Kou bellowed through the choppy raven haired boy's trance, roughly pulling his senpai back onto his own feet snaking away the creepy crawlers that followed. "Help out would 'ya!? There's too many!"

Dumbly nodding back Yugi lunged towards a stranded club, clutching it just before a stray doll grabbed ahold of him. "Watch your head!" He hollered in warning reeling his arm back before launching the toy into the air barely missing the side of Yashiro's head as she ducked into a squat.

"H-HUH!?"

"Are you guys okay!? Anyone hurt?" The spirit risked a quip, lightly jogging over to the three as the weapon tried (and failed) to pry itself from a wall. At the sight of her disheveled friends a harsh glare decorated her battered face accompanied by a puffy pout. "You need to be more careful!"

"Hanako/Hana-chan!" They collectively greeted earning a soft smile as the ghost loosened up a bit.

"Is it gone?" The daikon wondered innocently taking cautious steps her way, a slight wobble in her walk as her knees threatened to give in.

"No," Hanako hummed disappointedly shooting a quick glare behind her. "Not just yet, but don't worry," she turned back grinning at the trio. "I'll take care of it."

As the scissors repositioned themselves readying to attack the (h.c) took a quick second to snatch up one of the various dolls; a sneer overtook her face as she surveyed their situation, the wiggling of her hostage only piling onto the stress. In less then a moment the metal launched forward aimed at her head.

The three stood agape at the scene watching it all unfold as if it'd happened in slow motion. Where what was assumed her head had been was replaced with the withering doll, the toy used to hold the pinchers open as Hanako used her free hand to snag it's base launching herself up on top. The blades fought against her gesture, wildly attempting to throw her off to no avail.

Loose strands of (h.c) fell over her eyes obstructing any hit of what she my be feeling other than the thin line of her lips. Her pallid (s.t) hands lined and dotted with various bumps an cuts as she struggled to keep her hold on the rebellious weapon. With a wild buck back the ghost was sent reeling back her back hitting the finger holes of the blade head bumping on the cold metal sending a spike of pain up her spine.

Wincing the apparition lost her grip on the clippers sliding down along it's length back towards the winding staircase. Before anyone could move, however, Kou had bolted from his place beside Nene and up towards the puzzled Hanako. "Take this!" He bellowed tossing up his staff, using a nearby cabinet to push himself higher in the air right behind it.

After first catching the tool she locked it with one of the foes various opening using one hand to hold herself up before using the other to catch the boys.

Together the two helped one another steady their balance, Hanako ducking under Kou's arms as she crouched down to examine the screw port located directly in it's middle, looking up only to see the blond also looking down both sharing a nod before he used his staff to unscrew the bolt. As he worked on the Hana slid over back to the blades where she played reff making sure the two down below where safe.

Lucky for them, the screw hadn't been hard to dispose of, both the ghost and exorcist falling to the ground as the scissors dismantled breaking into two, falling into a heap of ash as it disintegrated.

"Kou-kun! Hanako-chan! Are you alright?" Yashiro rushed over with tears brimming her doe eyes. "We were so worried!" she crouched above them with reddened cheeks. Worry practically pouring from her pores.

The raven tsked with a cross of his arms and gaze pointed to his toes. "It doesn't look like anyone's here." Amane announced reminding them of the mission. "Then we need to keep moving." The spirit added afterwards.

"If we keep going we'll find them, won't we?" Nene mumbled looking up to Amane with uncertainty, a sharp jolt sending her into Hanako's awaiting arms as the shrill shriek of a phone echoed through the space.

"Another one!?" Kou shouted exasperatedly.

As the phone continued to blare the familiar feeling of dread licked through their bodies washing a strange sense of adrenaline over the group. Deciding to take the initiative Hana gently coxed the daikon off her lap, waltzing over to the blaring annoyance with a grim look painting her visage. With a hasty pluck the ring ceased and she stared down at the red handle internally debating weather or not to actually listen.

Kou, who strayed to her side after assuring Nene he was alright, peeked over her shoulder giving the phone a blank look. "You're gonna answer it Hanako-san?"

"Um...Hello?" She just ignored him choosing to hold the device out to where everyone could hear what was said.

"My left arm..." The same woman's voice sung smoothly acting almost as if she hadn't known they'd just been attacked by her minions.

"Please find my left arm,"

"Every morning...before class, I go to make an offering and say a prayer at the shrine,"

"I put my left and right hands together..."

"And pray for everyone's good health,"

"Do hurry, class is about to-"

"Hello, No. 2!" Number Seven cheered happily into the line effectively cutting her off. A sly smile crossing her features as it remained silent prompting her to continue. "It's been a while, huh? You still do remember me, yes?"

"....class will be starting soon." Was Hanako's only answer before the call was promptly ended leaving behind the constant beeping of the dead line.

"That was kinda rude..." The (h/c) muttered under her breath with a pout, carelessly tossing the phone back where it goes.

"You know her?" The human girl inquired curiously toying with the loose ends of her frayed dress.

"Of course she does, they're both mysteries." The darker haired male butted in slinging his arm around the ghost much to her chagrin.

"We're looking for arms again, ugh...what a pain." The blond complained watching as the hourglass above set itself once again. "Hey, Hanako! Isn't there some other way to deal with her?" A lightbulb light over his head.

"Other way..?"

"You know, something we can use against her...like a weakness?" He explained looking over at her expectantly.

Yashiro looked over frazzledly as the two talked, eagerly awaiting a response; Amane went to open his mouth only to stop when the other girl replied.

"There is." All three directed their gaze to her in surprise, egging her to continue. "She definitely has a weakness. Her divine Yorishiro, that's what it's called, those are what give us seven mysteries our power." She went about explaining, plucking a monkey toy from Hibiki, who was currently wandering around with the other mokke sending them a small smile and a quick 'thank you.'

Picking the back of the toy off with little effort she pulled out one of the batteries and held it out for them all to see. "You might say it's something akin to a battery. If you destroy it, then the school mystery itself would be weakened significantly."

"So where do we find this divine...ugh...Norishiro!?" Kou broke the silence causing Hanako to double over in a fit laughter, receiving a collective sigh from both Yashiro and Amane who stood by bemused.

"You mean 'Yorishiro." Nene corrected.

The boy blinked looking towards the petite gal before swirling back towards the ghost bellowing: "Yeah! Yorishiro, where is it!?"

"In the innermost reaches of this boundary." Haku-joudai spun around Hanako's hand as she lifted up a finger to poke it with.

"Innermost reaches?" Amane questioned unsurely looking up at the floating supernatural, Nene and Kou nodding along curiously agreeing with his question.

"It's just what it sounds like- the place farthest inside this world. I suspect we'll find it far behind that door. At the top of the stairway." She looked down at them with a sorrowful grin, face changing color due to lack of oxygen as she tried not to laugh.

"The top...which means..." Nene looked up face morphing into one of utter dread.

"Basically..." The other two simultaneously gazed up at the large spiral staircase gawking at the massive sight of winding path leading all the way up into a inky black void.

"So who's excited to climb to stairs!?" Hanako tried to pump up her little gang cheerfully fist bumping the sky. The action seem fruitless, however, as three sets of emotionless eyes landing back on her form. "Heh- um okay, so here's what we need to do..." She laughed awkwardly moving on to explain her (very well though of) plan and what each member needed to do.

"Next my right leg..."

A cheeky grin spread across Amane's face, pink dusting his cheeks as he swiveled around to face his friends. "Let's use this!" He barked back a laugh, showing off the baby blue fish tail he'd dug up from within an old cabinet.

Yashiro, by far the most concerned of the quad, deadpanned shaking her head in disappointment. "No, Amane-kun, find something else."

"My left leg..."

Narrowed blue orbs zeroed in on the lone wooden wheel; thoughts flying around his head as he not so carefully considered his options. Sneakily he tore his gaze from the wood, opting to ensure none of the others where around. After determining it safe he snagged the wheel from it's place against a vase and shoved it into the shrine before hollering out he'd opened the door.

"So, what did you find?" The ghost smiled his way making his cheek burst in colour as minor embarrassment tickled brain.

"A wheel..." he muttered stupidly sheilding himself from their gawking.

"WHAT!?"

"My torso."

Hanako couldn't help but stare at her friend in mild amusement/concern as the young girl stood stock Infront of a busty doll torso, mind in a haze. "Is she okay?" Kou asked from behind, a grimace wiggling it's way onto his baby face as he caught sight of what they'd been goggling at.

Hanako hummed not even sparring a glance his way. "Yeah, probably just daydreaming again." She explained gently tugging her friends arm to test if she'd budge. She did not.

"Oh...okay..."

"My eyes."

A girlish shriek filled the stiffening air as the blond was chased by a psychotic raven with large anime eyes. Sparkles painted the irises and dotted the pupils outlined by a bright vibrant green giving it the effect of eeriness spooking the poor lad even more.

Hanako, who'd just walked over from across the path looked on curiously before it finally clicked what was happening. "Amane- NO!"

"My ears."

Hanako excitedly held out the elf ears to the others. A look of wonder in her eyes as she hurriedly questioned what they where and how they where used. Nene was the first to understand her mumbling and explained much to her satisfaction.

"They're used for cosplay."

"...what's that?"

"Next..."

"This is the last one... right?" Nene nervously look at the others behind her as she gently closed the shrine. A quiet rumble was heard as the door opened allowing them access to the room behind.

"It's over!" They cheered gathering into a small circle to high five in celebration.

"She'll want her right toe-nails found next, ya' think?" Amane teased with laughter as Yashiro glared at him. With a grin, Hanako shoved his shoulder playfully but laughed as well.

"C'mon, that's getting way too detailed."

"It's open!" Minamoto peered in, clutching his staff for minor comfort. Fog left the open room in abundance, blurring their vision just slightly as they all made their way inside.

Darkness filled the room with little speckle's of what appeared to be stars filling the open void above. Light outlines of clouds and a small moon also filled the large room making it all seems more tranquil that it actually was. Despite the small details everything else looked menacing in the dark.

"Is this... the innermost reaches?" The silver haired girl muttered stepping further inside.

"I believe so..." (E/c) orbs scanned the room in hopes of finding anything useful. The further she walked inside the more the tension seemed to grow, trapping her in a constant loop of anxiety as she stood guarded ready to protect the others if need be.

She flinched as her foot came in contact with something hard. Looking down her (e/c) orbs clashed with dull gray. Her body shook as she looked down at the dolls, it looked so real, so familiar. Gulping down her fear she turned back towards the group.

"Look over there!" Someone yelled to the other, a vague outline pointed towards a towering figure not too far off in the distance. "Somebody's there!"

Turning on the flashlight to his phone Amane directed the aim towards the figure and motioned for them to follow after him.

As they moved closer, their sight of the person became clearer. "Th-that's..!" Sitting in the chair was all the random parts they had collected from all the other challenges all collaged together into what was meant to be a person.

"Are those all the parts we collected...?"

"Yikes..."

"You just had to give it those weird legs, kid." Amane blamed looking at the boy with a disappointed glare.

"Eha- you're the one who said it didn't matter as long as we kept going!" He countered back angrily

"I really like the ears!" Hanako beamed messing with the elf ears she had found earlier, only to be ignored and interupted by a fan girling Yashiro.

"Aww~ the left leg and bust are so perfect, but..."

"Really? You'd be okay with a bust like this?" Amane deadpanned turning his phone off before the battery died.

"That's kinda scary." Hanako cringed taking a step back from the girl, using the young Minamoto as a shield.

"You finally made it." The voice from the phone greeted from across the room, the quiet splashes from the water being the only other sound as they all stilled and watched her approach.

Light flooded into the dark room as No. 2 entered with a lantern to illuminate the way. Her eyes showed dangerous mirth, contrasting from the polite smile that graced her ruby lips. The beads in her hair piece bounced and clacked together.

Once catching sight of the 'person' she had the students (and spirit) make she sped up her pace and practically teleported Infront of it. The four watched with mixed confusion and curiosity as she inspected their handy-work. As the three humans made an attempt to excuse their poorly made creation the second mystery turned to them with a glare, shutting them down.

Hanako took the opportunity to take a stand Infront of them with her arms crossed and a rivaling glare herself.

"What... A.... wonderful body!" She cheered shocking them all.

"You're-you're really okay with that..?" Kou spoke up uncertainly, mustering up a face that screamed 'I don't believe you.'

"I was at such a loss, you see. I simply have no idea what human bodies are made of...I always knew it was a good thing to ask humans about human stuff!" She shook Amane's hand excessively, shocking the kids with her speed, before going back to the... thing.

"This is nothing like any of the other bodies I've had made. I'm sure it'd work this time. Isn't that right, Misaki?" She leaned into it's face, blowing life into it's hollow frame. "Go on, let me see you walk."

With a creak the body raised from it's seat and towered over them all, with a strange hunch it attempted to take a couple steps forward before the wheel slipped in the water and sent it tumbling back. As it fell back they stared at the woman as she sighed in disappointment and stood from her crouch.

"Oh dear..." She picked the head up from the water rubbing her thumb over it's cheek. "... Another failure, what a shame."

"Uh...um..." Yashiro stuttered raising her hand up. "Have any other students been here? Where might they be?"

"Other?" She dropped the head turning back at them with a passive expression. "Oh, you mean the other children who failed. In that case..."

"They're all around you! Didn't you see them?" Light filled the room making them all flinch at it's suddenness. As the initial shock from the light went away the sight of a large pile of dolls and scissors stood just behind No. 2 and the failed product.

Amane's breath hitched as he caught sight of a familiar face, he didn't know weather to be happy or distraught over the sight. His hair was mattered onto his face which was barely covered by the paper. His uniform was dirtied with small hints of blood and all his joints looked like they had been replaced by ball joints.

"Aoi!" A voice from beside him screamed as thy ran towards the broken girl in the pile. He barely registered someone yelling after them, as they gathered the doll in their arms. It was Hanako who knocked him back into his senses, her soft touch on his face as she pulled him into her embrace, his face buried in her neck as he chocked back a sob. Lifting his gaze to her she wiped away the lone tear made its way down his cheek.

"Listen to me Amane, I need you to get Yashiro down to the every bottom of the staircase." She rushed watching number two closely, "The Yorishiro isn't up here, so it's most likely down there. I need you guys to find it and break the seal. Me and Kou will handle up here, just help Nene." She pulled herself from his grasp leaving his arms feeling empty.

She spared him a glance before turning her attention back to the mystery as she threatened them. His eyes widened as he witnessed the older woman pull a giant pair of scissors from the ground and rush at Yashiro who was crying over a headless doll.

"Hngh!" The blond grunted throwing himself Infront of the attack, using his arm as a shield. "Senpai! Are you okay!?" He pulled her closer, shaking her for any sign of response.

"Wha- what the hell is this!?" He waved his arm around as it turned into a plush version of it, his voice reaching a very uncomfortable pitch.

"Looks like if you get cut by those scissors you turn into a doll..." Hanako responded with a huff, knocking away the weapon with her own.

"How-how are we supposed to fight it!?" He cried looking down at his poor arm in alert. "Wait! I got it! Hanako, do that thing you did! Transform and beat the shit outta her!"

"I can't." She grunted dodging another hit, "This is No.2's Domain. Without her permission, I can't use Haku-joudai's power." Her knife scrapped across the blade of the scissors making a loud squealing sound, causing her to wince.

"It would be different if we destroyed her Yorishiro, but it doesn't seem to be here."

"Then what do we do!? Woah!" He bellowed throwing himself to the ground as No. 2 attempted to get him.

"I'll make you into a doll first!"

"We just need to buy some time!" The spirit aimed at her back, throwing all her weight into the attack.

The golden eyed boy looked down at the weeping girl as he stood above her with a look of pity. "Yashiro... stand up." He demanded holding his hand out for her to take. "Are you giving up? Even though she's still alive?" She look up at him with interest her grasp on her friend faltering just slightly.

"Hanako once told me that in her bathroom, we'd be forever protected."

"Why the glum look?" The (h/c) haired girl smiled tilting her head making some of her (h/l) locks fall across her shoulder. Her hat now resting sloppily on his head.

"Just thinking..." He muttered looking out the window towards some birds who where busy making their nest.

"About?"

"You exist as a spirt, which means others do too, right?" He looked at her with a uncertain stare. "All the rumors lead to something dangerous, so what will happen if-"

"If you ever feel unsafe, come straight to my bathroom." She smiled softly taking his hand in her own. "Here, I'll keep you safe and away from all the evil that lurks this school."

"Why? Why here?" His eyes widened as her face contorted into a serious one.

"My boundary is here in this bathroom. Here, I have full control. However, I won't be able to always watch you, so...just know..."

"Boundaries are the world between life and death, nothing can come to life here, but on the other hand..."

"Nothing can die here either." He explained meeting her gaze. "Here there is no birth or death... the ones in full control... are those who don't know when to give up." She looked up at him with wide hopeful eyes, tears continued to pour from their sockets but this time it was out of joy instead of grief.

"Okay then...! I'll do anything!" She grabbed his hand pulling herself help with a new found determination.

"Anything?" He smirked clutching tighter to her hand making her regret her wording right away.

...

"...Wait--!!" she squeaked wiggling around trying to break away from his hold.

"What?" He grunted as he stomped his foot, in an attempt to make her stop, he pulled the rope tight, it making things worse. "The Yorishiro isn't here. This isn't the innermost reaches, so Hanako had a thought." He secured the rope on himself finishing it off with a knot. "If it's not at the very top- maybe it's at the very bottom!"

"Y-you don't mean..."

"They're all counting on us Yashiro!" He smirked jumping off the ledge in turn making her stumble off after him as well.

"NoOooooOOoOooOOoO!"

"..."

".....Ya..."

"Yashiro..."

"Yaaashiiroooo!" The boy called out repeatedly in hopes of rousing her. Black and golden scales dotted his skin as he crouched down in front of the slumbering girl. Her magenta eyes gently fluttered open and one of her petite hands lifted itself up to wipe away the leftover fatigue.

"Amane-kun?" She yawned sitting herself up to take a look around. Mokke surrounded the two playing with fallen flowers and twigs as they waited for their next move. Light filled the room almost making it look as if they had reached outside as trees and bushes grew around the area. "...not dead?" Her eyes widened as she abruptly sat up hitting her head on his.

"Ack-! No, not dead..." He rubbed the sore spot on his forehead, momentarily forgetting what was going on.

"Are those...your scales?" She grabbed his arm inspecting the oddity. His eyes widened as he pulled away so he could stand up. His eyes avoided hers as he started to walk away only to be pulled back. "It's so bright here... the atmosphere is so different everywhere else." She mused latching herself to his arm to steady her legs.

"We're in the innermost reaches now, it only makes sense it's different down here." The male sighed looking around for any sign of the object they're looking for.

"Oh-! We need to hurry and find the Yorishiro!" She released his arm to rush ahead of him onto the path. Amused golden hues watched as the hopeless daikon ran straight into a small table, stubbing her toe and knocking over all the contents it held.

"Eek!!" She cried, flailing to the the ground and dirtying her uniform, additionally scraping her knee. Peeking open an eye the small girl looked over the fallen contents and picked up an old notebook.

"'Top Secret: No Peeking!'...hm looks kinda suspicious don't ya think?" Amane appeared over her shoulder making her flinch. A quiet chuckle escaped his lips as he took the book from her flipping to the first page.

"Wait, it said no peeking!" The girl stumbled up in order to snatch the book away it for it to be held high above her head, out of reach.

"We're still on a mission you know; our job it to find the Yorishiro while they distracted her, and so far this is our only clue." He stared down at her with a serious gleam in his eyes making her shrivel back some. She never really enjoyed this side of him, it was always strange and left her uncomfortable.

"You're right, let's flip through it to find anything useful."

'Today I threatened a student.'

'it waz fun.'

'*Very well done!* - Misaki'

"That name...Misaki. That's...the one we met upstairs?" She questioned widening her eyes in surprise as she reread the entry.

"It seems kind of off..." Amane grumbled flipping a few more pages.

'Misaki'

'*Gave me a new hair style*'

'cut my hair I hate Misaki'

'Thank you Sensei.'

"We don't have time for this!" Her brows furrowed as she grabbed the book from his hands and flipped the pages magenta eyes barely skimming them. "Clues, clues, clues..."

"A photo?" The ravenette plucked the picture from the ground lifting it do they could both see. It looked to be a small group with a sensei and his students. Flipping it over the words 'Today I took a "photograph" with Misaki and his students.' where sprawled in black ink with a small smudge.

"So this is Misaki." The boy hummed lifting the photo higher causing light to reflect on it, showing just the slightest hint of someone's outline beside the teacher.

"Let's read some more, I have a feeling we'll find something important."

"Ah-okay!" She stuttered tucking the picture away while turning one of the yellow pages over.

'Misaki gave me some hair shears. None of the other kids got any. Only me.'

"Hmm..."

'Misaki loves me. I'll put the scissors in the shrine to keep them safe.'

'*Good for you* - Misaki'

"This girl must be in love with her Sensei! I know the feeling! When I was in kindergarten I loved my teacher, too...." Yashiro swooned pulling the book closer to her chest as she swung around in a spin. Realizing her mistake she quickly cleared her throat and gave a nervous chuckle as the boy laughed. "I mean..."

"Just!! Just shut up!" She smacked him away rubbing her cheeks to make the redness fade. His chuckles settled down after a minute and he soon joined her in reading the book again, dully noting the pink hue still dusting her cheeks.

'Misaki didn't come today. I have nothing else to do, so I made dolls as I watched people come and go all day.'

"There's no teacher comment..."

'Still no Misaki.'

'Still no Misaki.'

'Still no Misaki.'

'No Misaki...'

'Today I heard a rumour. There was an accident on these stairs the other day...a teacher fell and died.'

'I wonder what it means to die. The next time I see Misaki I'll ask him.'

"W-what's the next part!?" Nene asked loudly hurriedly flipping through the pages in search for answers. "Blank. Blank. Blank. Still blank..."

'Misaki may never come back. The only thing to do is make Misaki.'

"So that's what this is about." Amane closed the notebook setting it back on the table turning to the stunned girl. "Yashiro, I know what it is."

"Huh?" She looked up with a perplexed expression painting her face.

"What are you doing?" The quiet tapping of footsteps reached their ears. He could feel his heart rate increase as he slowly turned his gaze towards the woman her eyes set in a firm glare as she held out the giant pair of scissors threateningly.

"Y-you wrote this, didn't you?" Yashiro stuttered pointing to the book, her hands visibly shaking as the for stepped closer.

"Yes."

"You're not Misaki." Her resolve hardened as she put two and two together solving the problem.

"I'm collecting parts for Misaki's body. It's easier to explain if I say I'm Misaki, isn't it?"

"Where's Hanako?" His knees buckled under him as he uttered the name of his friend. She was supposed to be distracting her, so if she's here does that mean she lost? It made him sick to think about it. The urgency in her voice as she explained the plan, the look in her eyes as she looked back at the two as they jumped. Her hands cupping his cheeks bring a feeling of warmth.

"She was disposed of accordingly." Anger swelled in him as the words fell from her lips echoing in his head.

"You did all those terrible things to Aoi and the others, just so you could make a Misaki-san!?" Yashiro bellowed with tears streaming down her face. The two, too caught up in their emotions to notice the swarm of dolls that over came them, anchoring them to the ground as No. 2 made her way closer.

"That's right." A cruel grin took place of her lips as she stopped just before them lifting a sleeve to cover her mouth.

"You loved Misaki, right!? This won't make him happy!" Amane yelled in desperation remembering the fangirling his partner had done earlier.

"Oh, please." No. 2 began pacing towards him, one eye peeked open as she glared down at him. "I know that!" As she uttered those words, she kicked him the the gut, knocking the wind out of him as he was sent flying back, Yashiro yelling out his name helplessly.

"Misaki cared for all his students. If he found out that I've been doing this, he'll be angry with me. But... that's want I want." Her smile grew as her breath hitched, her back hunched over as she lifted the scissors to cut his head clean off if she do happens to choose. "I want Misaki... to yell at me again..."

"I would do anything to get him back!" His eyes slammed shut as she dove into the final attack, he could feel the pounding of his heart as she drew near and the only thing he could hear with Yashiro's crying for Hanako and the woman's heavy breathing.

Hanako...he'd miss her, the way her eyes would gleam when she smiled, the bright grin that'd take its place on her lips as he walked in the bathroom everyday. Her soft hands and steady voice even in the most dangerous of situations. The way she cares for everyone, even the stupid kid.

Cold air rushed passed his ear causing his eyes to fly open. Number two's scissors where knocked out of her hands and embedded into the ground as Haku-joudai flew past her into someone's hand.

"Thank you, Haku-joudai." Hanako smiled down at the will-o-whisp as she descended down the stairs. His eyes widened sending a few tears down his cheeks as he watched her approach.

"No. 7, how did you find us?" The second mystery scowled straightening herself out.

"This little one told me." She lifted the whisp for them to see a small grin playing her lips.

"Hanako-chan!" Yashiro exclaimed in relief rushing over to the spirits side to help her stand as she nearly face planted the ground.

"Sorry I'm late."

"I-I thought..." Amane stuttered walking over to the two girls with his eyes still widened and tears cascading down his face.

"Nothing dies here, remember?" She smiled up at him using her free hand to ruffle his locks.

"Ahahaha! My goodness your fragile! Did our little game upstairs take that much out of you?" The woman cackled with her dolls as the ghost collapsed to the ground in exhaustion.

"...Besides, I'm already dead." She muttered over to him, glancing over at No. 2.

"Fighting No. 2 in her own territory is, unsurprisingly, pretty difficult." She groaned picking herself back up, slinging an am over the other girl.

"How can we help?" Yashiro looked over ready to do (almost) anything, Amane nodding along, his eyes never leaving the woman.

"If we can just destroy the Yorishiro, we can do whatever we want. So, did either of you find anything? It's probably the thing that has the most value to No. 2... something that means a lot to her." She whispered just loud enough for them to hear.

"We have to destroy it, right?"

"It should have a seal on it, you just have to pull it off. I'll keep her busy... somehow..."

"O-okay!"

"Sorry, but..." The woman interrupted pulling her weapon from the ground and lifted it for attack. "The time for chit-chat is over."

Before she could cut them all to pieces Hanako grabbed the rope the other two had used previously and lunged at her giving them an opening. "-Wha!?" She screamed as the rope tied around her and the scissors bounding the two. Hanako threw herself behind the second and pulled the rope as tightly as she could making the other fall and cry out.

"No.7!! Don't try and stop me...!!" She wiggled around to try and break free, falling fruitless.

"Sorry, but I can't do that. Go!" She yelled at the other two as they raced towards the shrine the Yorishiro should be hidden in.

"Stop!" The woman screamed fighting with all her might to escape the trap. Hanako grunted as dolls trampled over her, her grasp loosening before she threw her weight on the other.

Dolls surrounded the two once more as they drew closer, making it hard to do what was needed. "I won't let you!" No. 2 cried making the dolls go even more spastic.

"I need my Yorishiro, or I can't make Misaki! All this time, everything I've done has been for him!"

"...Um!" The silver haired girl spoke up, dolls latching onto her like glue. "Looking at you makes me... I don't know. It makes me feel fidgety or something. It's like seeing myself like how I was a few weeks ago..."

"You're not doing this for Misaki-san! You're doing this for yourself!" She turned around and stomped on the dolls and jumped, using them as a makeshift springboard and making it safely to the shrine. Tearing the door open she grabbed at the seal- just as the woman broke free, and pulled it off.

In a fit of rage she threw her arm forwards aiming for the petite girl with her weapon and swung down. Hanako appeared before her with her outfit cleaned up and cape across her shoulders flying behind her gracefully as she launched the scissors away for good with her knife, Amane tucked safely behind her with Yashiro.

"Mystery Number Two: The Misaki Stairs. You've abandoned your responsibility." Hanako stated calmly stabbing her knife into the shocked woman's chest. "Please return your seat number."

"Okay everybody, line up!" The teacher instructed smiling down at all his students fondly.

"Hey, Sensei, why are we taking it here? Can't we take a group photo upstairs at the school?" A small boy asked tugging on his pants as others nodded along in agreement.

"My friend said he saw a ghost here once!" Another boy exclaimed.

"Wow really!?"

"Yeah, said it was a girl!"

"How scary..."

"I want to take it here." The man cut in with a shrug and a small chuckle as the kids faces fell with lack of information.

"Face forward, smile!" He instructed directing their attention to the camera. "Come on," he lifted his hand up to the small fox statue tugging on its ear. "You, too." A small blonde girl fazed out of it landing in his arms with a surprised look crossing over her face. "Cheese!"

...

"-ame." A voice chided from somewhere. "Amane." A poke assaulted his cheek. "Aaaamane~"

Rolling over exhausted golden hues met with happy (e/c) ones. Rubbing his eyes and yawning he sat up from the floor and looked around in confusion. "Hana-chan?"

"Hi." She smiled shyly waving her hand at him.

"Are we back?" His eyes widened as he abruptly stood up making him light headed. "Where is everyone!?"

"Relax," she steadied him placing his head on her shoulder before digging through her (magic) pocket. "I sent Yashiro home already, and Kou is right here." She pulled out a small blonde plushie with fish eyes and a staff.

"He looks better this way..."

"Right? I think so too."

"What about the other students who were turned into dolls?" He looked over at her as she smiled once more. Leaning over she peeked around a corner before sweeping up a small fox like statue in her arms nuzzling her face into it's back.

"She'll take care of it, I'll make sure of it. They'll be normal by morning."

"She?" He stared down at it with confusion lacing his voice, his eyes narrowed in suspicion.

"The Misaki Stairs' true identity." She held her up proudly.

"A fox?"

"An Inari statue to be exact. She can move, though. Go on No. 2, say you're sorry." She encouraged patting her head for good measure.

"Don't touch me!" The fox turned to bite her hand making the spirit cry in protest as she accidentally dropped her.

Eye twitching Amane grabbed the statue and held it up glaring into it's eyes. "I'll turn you into fox udon." He threatened with a weird smile making Hanako freak out further.

"Don't do that!" Grabbing her friend back the girl sighed in relief as the boy cooled off and lent over to dig something out of his pocket. Pulling out the photo she smiled lightly at it as he handed it back to number two. "Here you go."

"Hmph, thanks I suppose."

"Fox-san." The boy looked down to the creature. "I haven't forgiven you, and I probably won't. What you did was wrong, but you suffered too, so I'm also sorry." He apologized bashfully looking at his feet.

"I have no intention of being friends with you!" She yelled furiously glaring at them, and then jumping onto the stairs. "And my name is Yako, not fox-san!" She finished running off the the picture in her mouth.

Hanako laughed lightly at the transaction and leaned against the wall tiredly with her eyes closed. The tapping of steps was heard as Amane made his way closer, stopping right before her.

"Hana-chan?" He hummed looking at her with worry swarming his eyes. He had no doubt about how he felt about her now, it was kinda clear, not that he'd ever admit it, though.

"Sorry, just tired." She peeked an eye open to look at him a gentle smile on her flushed face. "After all that excitement today, I'm kinda worn out."

"Hold still for a moment." He commanded caging her in with his arms as he leaned in, her eyes growing wide as she gulped.

"A-Amane?" She squeaked as he grew closer.

"Your reward." He muttered with half lidded eyes and a grin. Her face exploded in reds as he kissed her cheek and his heart almost pounded out if his chest at the cute expression she made. Both locked eyes and smiled warmly at each other.

"A magic spell, to make you feel better."

---

A small paper origami bird flew from it's perch off the window sill, after watching the scene unfold, to the other side of the school. Gliding through the hallways it searched for who it was supposed to meet, turning corner after corner, far from where it came. Smiling up at the bird, the boy held out his hand catching it on his finger.

"Well hello," he greeted with a cat like grin. "You sure took your sweet time."

Waltzing into the old broadcasting room the origami flew off the boy and over to the young lady sitting by the window.

"My lady! My lady it's ba-" he was swiftly cut off by a book to the face as she stood from her seat and met with the bird.

"Be quiet, Natsuhiko. The teachers will find you." She glared at him earning a meek "yes'm," in return.

"Welcome back...Koku-joudai." she looked down to the will-o-whisp playing in her hand. "I see, it went well."

"Of course it did, I was there after all." Golden hues glinted with mischief. His legs swinging back and forth from his seat on the desk, where he had perfect view of his brother through the window.

A wicked smile painted his lips as he watched the interaction below him before he turned to the other two. "How do ya think the boss'll react to little birdie kissin' Amane?"

Fortsæt med at læse

You'll Also Like

147K 4.9K 27
What should I do? Everything Yashiro ever wanted was romance. But love is not as colorful as she thinks. Sometimes it can be deadly dangerous. Esp...
45.1K 569 19
•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧•♧• A full one shot of Toilet bound Hanako-Kun!!! Any request is granted !!!! •♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎•♥︎• " H...
23.8K 462 24
Hey stop only adding this book to your lists to read! Add the one that says "slight rewritten" too, im moving it and fixing a couple of things, this...