On My Mind |WTM: Harry Pott...

By PrincessAliseSwan

What if the professors, the marauders, and everyone from hogwarts were brought together to watch the lives of... More

Author Notes
Cast
The Houses Gather
Ursa Potter and The Philosopher's Stone
Under The Cupboard & Up In The Attic
Gamekeeper and Keeper of Keys and Grounds
Diagon Alley
Inheritance
Guests from 1940

The Dursleys

2.4K 86 7
By PrincessAliseSwan

 The screen lit up again, 10 year old Harry Potter was sleeping. The camera moved to show a cramped little room. Outside the room A tall woman could be seen screeching while knockings furiously on the door to the cupboard, and then unlocking it from outside.

" Where's your sister?'' James asked wondering where his daughter could be if this was how his son was treated.

Harry hesitated to answer, he wasn't sure how his parents would react, " We never shared the same room,'' was all he gave away.

" Up! Get Up! Now!'' the woman yelled before storming away from the door.

" They made you sleep in a cupboard,'' James breathed out in shock. They were Potter's for Merlin's sake, they should have been treated better than this.

Mary looked at her friend confused, " Who was that?''

" My sister, Petunia,'' Lily admitted.

 A small brunette could be seen hurrying around the house doing chores. Before heading into the kitchen to start breakfast. The girl was Ursa Potter, though most couldn't tell by looking at her. Bruises scattered her arms from where her uncle had grabbed her roughly, she was quiet learning early on not to speak unless spoken to. 

Mattheo glared at the screen, the thought of someone being cruel enough to hurt the girl made his blood boil. What made him even more furious was there was nothing he could do about it, he couldn't kill her relatives; he last name already made the ministry and Dumbledore suspicious. So he was left seething, coming up with creative ways to get revenge.

James had tears in his eyes, this was his daughter was treated. James believed his mother, after seeing the girl on the screen. But what hurt more was he believed this was why Ursa hugged Sirius and not him, he believed that some part of her blamed him for this. And sadly enough James blamed himself, if he were a better father he could have prevented this.

Sirius and Regulus remained quiet though, neither having anything to say what happened to the girl. Nothing they said could change it. Having grown up the same why, Sirius and Regulus still flinched at certain things and didn't speak unless spoken to.

" They treated you like a house elf,'' Fleamont yelled in outrage of how is granddaughter was being treated.

Orion shook his head, " Most house elves are treated better than this,'' he admitted.

Euphemia and Walberga were shocked that they're husbands were agreeing on something, let alone how a magical child should be raised. 

From her spot near the stove Ursa could hear her cousin Dudley running up and down the steps in an attempt to get her brother up, " Wake up, cousin! We're going to the Zoo.''

Back in the kitchen Ursa was near the stove cooking as Dudley came running into the room.

" Oh, here comes the birthday boy!'' Petunia cheered happily as see she saw her son. Harry slowly walked in behind their cousin, not sparing his sister a glance as their walked over him, " Why don't you just cook breakfast and try not burn anything.''

" Yes, Aunt Petunia,'' Harry said before taking over for his sister.

Ursa moved out of her brother's way quickly, " I want everything to be special for my Dudley's special day,'' the older moved spoke a she tightly hugged her son.

Sirius scoffed, " I'm surprised she can fit her arms around him,'' he exclaimed, causing the hall to break out in laughter.

" What happened between you and Ursa,'' Lily asked Harry, wondering if their relationship was similar to her and her sister.

Surprisingly Aquila spoke up before Harry could come up with a lie, " They've never gotten along.''

Ursa smiled gratefully at her sister who finally pointed out the flaw between the Potter siblings.

Petunia's husband, Vernon was sitting at the table reading the paper when looked up briefly at Ursa doing nothing, " Hurry up! Bring me coffee girl!'' he barked.

Breaking out of her dazed state Ursa hurriedly did what she was told, " Yes, Uncle Vernon.''

Petunia lead Dudley over to the family room, where there are a vast amount of presents, " Aren't they wonderful, darling?'' she asked him hopefully.

" How many are there?'' Dudley asked his mother.

The hall froze, many wondering what would happen if they asked their parents that question.

" Tell me he's joking,'' Dorcas pleaded, hoping this child didn't speak to his parent that way.

" 36, counted 'em myself,'' Vernon boasted happily.

Ursa rolled her eyes as she sat his coffee down in front of him. She thought it must have been nice that was his accomplishment, counting to 36.

" 36?! but last year I had 37,'' Dudley whined at the loss of money spent on him.

James turned to his friends, " Imagine if I talked to Mother that way.''

Remus and Sirius winced at the idea. Though, Euphemia Potter was a lovely woman and a very caring woman. She would not tolerate her children speaking to her in such a way. And in her mind all of James' friends had become like her children.

" Test it,'' Sirius said with a teasing a smile, " I'll make sure to write a nice eulogy,'' he added making all three of them laugh.

Walburga smiled sadly at her son, who seemed to have found himself in leaving the family. It broke her heart to see him doing so well without them. 

Vernon began to stutter coming up with a reply, " Err yes, well, some of them a quite a bit bigger than last year,'' he explained trying to calm the situation down.

" I don't care how big they are!'' he shouted angrily.

" Ungrateful brat,'' Ursa muttered under her breath and she began cleaning the kitchen.

" Oh, now, now, now,'' Petunia began trying to calm her son down, " This is what we're going to do, is that when we go out, we're going to buy you two new presents! How's that, pumpkin?''

" That's awful parenting,'' Narcissa Malfoy scolded bitterly.

Walburga nodded in agreement with Euphemia and Narcissa, though their views of the world were different they new this was no way to raise a child. Orion smile at his wife, wondering if maybe the woman he came to love could be returned to them. Not this shell of a woman with a heart of ice.

Outside the house Petunia and Dudley get inside the car.

" This will be a lovely day at the Zoo,'' Petunia cheered happily, " I'm really looking forward to it.''

Harry and Ursa went to get in the car but Vernon stopped them, " I'm warning you now, boy, girl. Any funny business, any at all, and you both won't have any meals for a week,'' he explained pointing his keys at the young children, " Get in.''

Ursa got in quietly knowing that he would do more than just starve her. He always did more damage to her than he did to Harry. 

Oliver frowned at his girlfriend's words, " What else did he do?'' he asked her.

The Potter girl shook her head not wanting to relive it, " Can we not talk about this now?'' she pleaded. Sirius told she wouldn't have to talk it about, and that she would never have to until she was ready.

Minerva was livid wondering how things would have been different if she would have fought harder to protect them.

At the London Zoo, the Dursleys and the Potter twins were in the reptile exhibit. They were currently looking at a large Boa constrictor.

" Make it move,'' Dudley shouted angrily.

Vernon taps on the glass of the cage, " Move!''

" MOVE!'' Dudley shouted much louder, and tapped harder on the glass. 

" He's sleeping,'' Harry shouted back, defending the snake.

Dudley rolled his eyes at his cousin, " He's boring.''

Dudley and his parent began walking over to another enclosure. Vega went to follow them but froze in place. Flashes of a vision appeared in her mind. The girl could vaguely make out what looked like a prison, a black dog, and what appeared to be a rat.

" That was Azkaban,'' James pointed out in shock, " Who do you know in Azkaban?''

Ursa let out a small laugh, which caused many to smile having not heard the sound before, " You would be surprised.''

Remus looked at Sirius with an amused glint in his eyes, " Pads, didn't that dog look familiar.''

" So did the rat,'' he added wondering why the girl would be seeing him and their friend Peter. He was curious as to what they had to do with Azkaban.

The small brunette stumbled slightly as the vision ended. Looking around she could hear Harry talking to the snake.

" You're from Burma, aren't you?'' he questioned before quickly following  up, " Was it nice there, do you miss your family?''

The snake turns its head in the direction of a sign which read, Bred in Captivity. Dahlia walked over to her brother quietly wanting to hear the rest of the conversation.

" I see,'' Harry replied with a sigh, " That's me as well, I never knew my parents either.''

Dudley ran back over to the snake having noticed it was awake. Running over to the glass, he knocked Harry to the floor. 

" Mommy, dad, come here!'' Dudley yelled excitedly, " You won't believe what this snake is doing.''

Andromeda shook her head, " They spoiled that child rotten.''

Lily looked confused at the screen, " Why wouldn't she say anything.'' The were brother and sister why wouldn't she defend him.

Dudley puts his hands on the glass wall, with his back turned to the twins. Harry glares at his cousin and suddenly the glass disappeared causing Dudley to wretch forward losing his balance.

Their cousin fell into the snake enclosure, sputtering in a pool of water. Harry snickers, while Ursa widened her eyes in shock. The snake gets out of the exhibit and stops in front of Harry.

" Thanks,'' the snake hissed.

Harry looked at the snake before giving a quick nod, " Anytime.''

" That's very powerful accidental magic, Mr. Potter,'' Albus pointed out with a crooked smile.

" Snake!'' a man yelled as the snake slithered out of the exhibit.

Screaming could be heard throughout the exhibit which caused Vega to flinch every so often. Dudley gets up and attempts to get out, but the glass is now back over the enclosure. Seeing that he is now trapped he begins to pound on the glass in panic.

" Mom, Mommy!'' Dudley yelled.

Petunia and Vernon finally made it to the enclosure in time to see their son pounding on the glasses, " Ahh!'' she yelled.

" Mom, help!'' Dudley yelled to his parents, " Help me!''

" My darling boy!'' Petunia shrieked in shock, " How did you get in there?! How did you get in there? Dudley, oh, Dudley''

Harry continued to chuckle and snicker at his cousins misfortune, which does not go unnoticed by Vernon. Harry's grin disappears knowing he is now in trouble. Ursa stood behind her brother looking down at ground, knowing it was best not to say anything.

" He better not lay a hand on my children,'' James hissed angrily, staring at the screen he could tell this was not the first time something like this has happened.

Regulus wondered silently to herself, if they would get to see how much they truly hurt the young girl. It confused her to no end, Potter's weren't a quiet, do as you're told breed, She knew that from going to school with one. But that is exactly what James' daughter had become.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

325K 10.8K 59
what if you were forced to watch your life in a screen with every person you know?
209K 5.9K 61
Once the war was over. Many people were left without there love ones. So, the golden trio and others decided to go back in time and attempt to change...
64.6K 1.5K 29
What if James and Lily Potter were hiding something about Lily's pregnancy? What if Harry had a twin that no one knew about? What if Voldemort tried...
221K 6.6K 34
Ada Potter was struggling to get through her fifth year, the trauma of the past events catching up to her, being named a liar by the public and an un...