Zorroku and Peaches

By ChelseaNorris5

A midevil orc love story. A female human cooking servant for one clan is recruited to cook for another. And h... More

Worth Her Salt
The Hunt
Coming Home
A Place To Call Your Own
Connect The Dots
Wake Up a Servant, Go To Bed a Free Woman and Mother
Double Bow Knots
Foolishness
Ambitions and Intentions
The Truth
Freedom
Know Your Fish, Know Your Salt
Unfinished Business
Avlar - Home Sweet Home
The Battle For Motherhood
Fuhn-Lah
Finalle
Original Part 1
Original Part 2
Original Part 3
Original Part 4
Original Part 5
Original Part 6 Finalle

New Beginnings

84 3 6
By ChelseaNorris5

Zorroku and Peaches

Part 17

Once you and him got to the roof, it was like a beautiful lush garden and from here, you could overlook much of Avlar to see almost every house had a roof like this one, with a wide variety of lush green plants and even crops growing in special planters and containers on the roof. It was beautiful.

"Oh, you got a perfume and incense tree." Zorroku realized once he took notice of the small sapling trees growing from the abalone shells as he pointed to the third one that you couldn't identify earlier.

"A- what now?" You asked as you paused and turned on your heel to look from him to the small sapling.

"So, it's a tree that usually only grows in very high, but also pretty dry climates. Where the desert meets the sea. And the only water they get is from the humidity from the ocean air that comes in. It's a moura tree. Because the mouras who live in those cliffs- they guard those trees while also transplanting them around the world in similar climates, they were the first to discover and then cultivate the trees since the convergence. That's how they make all their perfume and incense. You should have a book on it...hold on." He excused himself and went to the library below and looked through the books before he got one and brought it back and then brought the sapling and set it on the small table in the seating area.

"What language is that?" You asked.

"It's marinai, it's the moura native language. Most of the humans you see in Avlar are moura. They trade incense and perfume for the opals when they come through from time to time and some have chosen to stay. There is only one grove of perfume trees in all of the seven cities that the mouras themselves tend to. And they are guarded at all times." He revealed as he looked out over the roof to the rest of the city to point out the special grove, that looked like a house of glass in the middle of where the seven cities all came together.

"We need to build a special case for it because once that thing starts blooming, everyone will be following their noses here. But here, here is what I was thinking of. You see, the flowers, the buds start out indigo blue, then the buds slowly turn into a light blue, then morph into green, then when they bloom, they turn white first- then turn yellow, then orange, then coral, pink, red and purple, then a dark, almost black reddish purple. And the scent you get from them changes from the different stages of each color." He showed you as you could only look at the pictures but could only wonder how you would speak the language written on the pages.

"What does each color smell like?" Becina asked as she came over and sat on the other side of him to look at the book too.

"Well, to my understanding, when the buds are blue, they smell like water. Most who travel the deserts think that they are on their way to an oasis whenever they get the scent of this on the wind. And it unfortunately leads many to their deaths, following their noses into a desolate desert. And then when it turns green it's smells like cool vegetation but for some reason- that scent will keep bugs away, especially flies and mosquitos. Which the scent of green foliage will again, would lead many into deserts, thinking there's an oasis close by. Then when they bloom into flowers, the white- it smells like...well, like soap, like fresh and clean and it's hard to describe beyond that. And then once it turns yellow, it'll smell like citrus, and the darker the yellow, the more it can smell like fruit. Then once it turns orange, it smells like cedar and other perfume woods and warm amber, the kind you see in the small yellow orange pieces of hard amber in the salt lamps. Then when the color morphs from orange to pink to red and purple, then that scent changes into a very floral scent, usually the more intense the color, the more intense that kind of flower can be. The light pink is a very light, very small flower, but the more intense the hue of the color of the flower, it's like getting punched in the face with a bouquet of flowers. Very intense. Only one flower is enough to smell an entire room, like it would take at the most, two- to perfume this entire roof. And the flowers are only as big as your own palm. Then once the flowers turn dark reddish purple, to the point they almost look black, that's when it can smell spicy and um..." He paused as he tried to think of the right delicate word to use to explain this- as his cheeks flushed.

"And?" You and the kids prodded.

"Well, that's when the flowers turn into an aphrodisiac. In mid summer here, when that tree's first flowers turn dark and they have to open the doors to the cases in order to get in and harvest the flowers, most can't even get to them before they give into those urges." Zorroku tried to delicately explain with a bashful grin and a blush which got you and the kids to giggle.

"I see." You hummed.

"Anyway, the leaves of the tree. They're almost like... a cactus but without the barbs. And they collect the moisture in the air to the leaves to look like dew, like the way it looks now. So that it looks like it just rained even though it didn't. If you cut the newer and thicker leaves, the thick goo can treat and heal burns. Or once the leaves age and get thinner and start to become like paper, at that stage the leaves can be picked and can be dried and used for tea. It's really good and really calming yet cooling and refreshing. Most will chill it once they've made it and drink it cold to cool you down in the summer heat. Or if you get them when they're big and mature and they turn a really pretty, but dark green color, they can be used fresh to add to juices and water too." Zorroku explained as he brought it over and pointed out the various little, downright chubby thick leaves.

"But if you crush the leaves to form a paste and if you add the sap of the tree to it, it turns into a healing balm. The sap, if you let the tree weep and those tears harden, it's like fresh amber. And it's instant incense. Or you can dry it and then wet it and grind it, that's also used as medicine." He revealed.

"But this little one is still very young, it should not be harvested from- for the first three years. And even then, it should only be a few flowers. And a few leaves at the most because it still needs every single one to grow bigger." He added.

"So don't touch." Belinda surmised.

"Well it's not that you can't touch it, but only do so very, very gently and carefully. It won't even flower for a few more years at least. We can invite the mouras over to see it and see what they say." He ventured.

"Do you know any of them personally?" You asked him.

"Yes I do. Most of them are my aunts, uncles and cousins." He gave you a meaningful look and a grin.

"Ah, I see." You nodded.

"But the flowers themselves. If you pick them at any stage, you pour distilled liquor on the flowers and then crush them like you do olives to make olive oil or grapes to make wine, and the liquid that comes off, that's pure perfume. And then there's like a buttery wax that is left over after crushing the flowers. That can be used also to make perfume, and it can be used to make soap and even candles and incense and depending on the color of the flowers, that colors the wax, that color gets into what you're making with it too.

And then you take the now pressed flowers, and you dry them and then ground them down into a fine powder and then it's pure aphrodisiac. Very, very powerful and to a degree, dangerous stuff. But also, very valuable too." He explained.

"Is that why Avlar and especially Thunder Herd have so much incense?" You asked.

"Yes, because not only does it smell good, but the green incense especially keeps the bugs away. Because there's sickness that travels with flies and mosquitos. And when we add the other colors, it keeps the scent from becoming too strong and hurts your nose." He explained.

"So now that I know that- that is what you have, I'll build you a special case for the tree, so that you can either keep it up here or keep it with you at home. Because it needs sunlight, but it needs to be protected from getting too wet. Because the more wet it is, the more the scents get watered down and weaker. The dryer and hotter you keep it, the better and stronger the scents get.

"Does the tree itself fruit? Or just flower?" You asked him.

"It does fruit, if you leave the flowers on the tree, and don't harvest them at all, there is something like a bunch of long bean pods that grows when the flower shrivels and falls off on it's own. The mouras call it vanilla. It's used to make sweet food. It's...it's very good. Especially when put with ice cream and yogurt. Not so much cheese though. But many make sweet baked goods with it and you can add it to liquor and it'll flavor the liquor very well, very delicious. But inside the pod are seeds that you can plant or you can graft the branches and make new trees that way too." He expounded.

"Oh! I've been given vanilla beans before! I had no idea what to do with them. But they were apparently very valuable, and you do have to be careful with the pods, because a little goes a long way." You realized.

"Yeah. You should have at least one bunch of them in the kitchen though." Zorroku nodded in it's general direction.

"Do the flowers need bees though?" You asked him.

"Yes, bees and usually birds. Mouras are bird shapeshifters. They transform into very tiny, little birds that drink nectar and between the birds moving from flower to flower from tree to tree, the flowers get pollinated." He expounded.

"So is it like a peach or apple tree? In that, they will need more than one? Because with those other trees, the more you have, the better they do." You asked.

"Yes." He nodded.

"Well surely, after today, I should be able to afford a second." You muttered.

"Yeah, you should be able to afford to have your own grove after today." Zorroku nodded with a soft chuckle.

"Well, thank you for telling me that. Kids, we should be careful with it and the others ok?" You urged them.

"Yes Mama." They all nodded as Becina slid from the couch to the floor to fold her arms on the table and stare adoringly at the little sapling as you could already tell she was going to probably be the biggest help for it.

Then you heard a bell ring before Bully looked over the high roof banister to see Cleo at the door again, with bundles of things in her arms.

"Oh, it's Cleo to get the rest of the letters, I got it." Bully immediately jumped to his feet and rushed down to the door.

"Hey, I just got done sorting through all those letters, I have more for you." Bully greeted as he came to the door.

"Actually, um, I need to return these to you and apologize for imputing bad motives onto my family when I assumed they were one thing, when they clearly weren't." Cleo apologized as she handed him all the stacks of letters that had all been resealed in new envelopes.

"What did they end up being?" He asked as he took them.

"Gifts." She answered.

"Did you want to come in? And help me with all of this?" He asked before Cleo nodded and stepped through the door and followed him as he walked back to where they had been earlier as he seemed to have gone through all of them and had already organized and sorted them.

"My family placed bets in your honor for the purpose that the winnings would be paid out to you and your siblings and pay for your care and education, regardless of the outcome." Cleo clarified as Bully used a letter opener to open the others, noting Cleo's handwriting on the new envelopes that were bigger than the first to show that she simply put the old envelopes and their contents into new envelopes but, hopefully didn't disturb the contents.

"Oh, that was nice of them." He smiled as he put them down before he sunk down into the sofa as she did the same.

"I'm really sorry for making such a scene when I was here earlier, I had no right to do so. I just...it would have been better if I had stayed out of it and just asked my parents what they were writing when I noticed that they were." Cleo murmured quietly as she fidgeted with her fingernails before she noticed that Bully had made seven stacks as he pulled out the various stacks of bills and began sorting them.

"I thought you only had four siblings? Why are you making seven stacks?" She asked.

"Well, one for Ori and one for the kid my parents will undoubtedly have 9 months after the unification celebration." He specified as he put equal amounts into each stack as Cleo simply stared in awed adoration at him that he would be so inclusive of Ori and even a babe that hadn't really come into existence yet. And if she had started to fall for him before, she fully swooned now. And to see that he was dividing the funds equally between the stacks.

"Want to help?" He asked.

"I'd love to." She nodded as she picked them up and began to mimic his movements and continued to put bills into each stack in equal amounts, her proud smile practically glowing as much as her opal jewelry was.

"I'm glad you were here though. Your help was invaluable." Bully murmured after a few moments.

"Me too. Although, I wish Zoku had told you about it himself. I guess he just hasn't gotten the chance yet." Cleo replied.

"No he hasn't." Bully shook his head no with a fond smile.

"I take it he's still away?" She asked.

"No, he just came home for dinner not too long ago and is on the roof with my mom and my siblings." He answered with a look towards the ceiling.

"Oh. So, it is safe to assume that now that he's home, no one has come forward with another claim of Fuhn-lah?" She asked hopefully.

"No." He shook his head no with a pleased grin that she mirrored.

"Good." She nodded before they had opened all of the correspondence from her family and organized the money evenly among the stacks.

"You're going to have to get their account numbers and deposit this money so that they can earn interest off of it." She advised before he simply grinned and pulled out his his wallet and his checkbook that had a copy of every pre-printed account number on the deposit slip and then used those to fill out plain deposit slips with the account numbers and write out their names before he put them all into separate money envelopes.

"Look at you being all prepared." She practically cooed once they were all done just as you and the rest of the family came down stairs.

"Hey Cleo, are you here to get the rest of the letters?" You asked her once you saw her.

"No, actually I came to apologize for imputing wrong motives. I shouldn't have assumed anything in regards to them and I hope you'll forgive my interference." She said as she took the stack of letters and presented them to you.

"Oh don't worry about it." You waived off once you took them from her.

"You'll see that once you read them that they were only explaining that they only placed bets in your name and honor and that the winnings were supposed to be paid out to Bullard Junior and his siblings for their care and education, regardless of today's outcome in the arena." She informed you.

"Oh, that was awfully sweet of them." You smiled happily.

"It's not unusual to do that." Zorroku offered.

"But thanks for coming back and returning them once you found that out Cleo. And thank you for being here and helping my family deal with the two cases of Fuhn-Lah when I was away. I will make sure to arm with the knowledge needed to deal with other matters of pride and honor in the future." Zorroku offered as Cleo smiled gratefully.

"It was my honor to come to their defense. Now if you'll excuse me I should be on my way." She tried to excuse herself.

"Could I walk you home?" Bully asked hopefully.

"Sure." She nodded before she ducked her head to avoid Zorroku's meaningful grin but couldn't stop grinning as the two left.

"Hmm, isn't that cute. Poor thing- in over his head already." You shook your head at your son as he left with a grin.

"Eh, I think he can handle it." Zorroku offered which brought a brighter smile to your face.

"Come on, kids need to be put to bed." You urged as Ori was starting to fuss that she was tired. Becina had taken the perfume tree while Belinda had grabbed the dragon heart tree, leaving Caruna to carefully grab the citrus tree as they had carefully carried them to their rooms for the night as you put them to bed.

And no sooner had you done that when Zorroku heard Bully come home and was in the process of turning off the lights and locking the house up for the night before Zorroku took that opportunity to teach Bully more about Fuhn-Lah and the other procedures put in place to not just protect him but his sisters, as well as give some first hand experience that helped Bully not feel so embarrassed about it and felt better and free-er to discuss other sensitive topics, and even feel relief that he wasn't alone in protecting his siblings or having to worry about their care, that he could actually relax, take a step back, enjoy what was left of his childhood before he would think about what to do with his own future- before Zorroku finally returned to bed himself.

"Was it as awkward as he feared it would be?" You asked him from the bed as Ori nursed languidly as she fought off sleep because Zorroku wasn't in bed himself yet. And she only seemed to want to sleep if she could see both you and him together.

"Nope, not nearly as bad as he worried about. I can help him buy what he needs to deal with his own seed from now on. They make special soaps that will kill it upon contact. And they sell cock sleeves in Avlar just for that purpose." Zorroku explained before you snickered a laugh as Ori finally dozed off, once she heard her father's voice and finally relaxed and let sleep pull her down.

"Most male orcs would argue that 'that's what human women are' - orc cock sleeves. I've heard it's not nearly as uncomfortable as others can make it out to be, pretty pleasurable for both." You muttered.

Which got Zorrku to snicker a soft laugh with you as he tried to hide his ever growing erection at the sight of you in bed, and putting your breast away from nursing Ori.

"I feel bad that we can't even celebrate today's victory the way everyone else would." You murmured to Zorroku as the two of you cuddled into bed as you cuddled into his chest with Ori safely within your own arms and dozing away.

"Being safe and sound with you and the kids is all the celebration I want and am content with right now." Zorroku tried to reason as he continued to ignore the boner threatening to break free from his pajama shorts.

"True. I am content to just have us, safe and sound at home. Any place that your head can find rest beside mine, is home." You offered before he practically whimpered.

"Dang it woman, I am trying so hard not to fuck you senseless right now." Zorroku teased which got you to snicker a laugh before he ducked his head as his lips found yours in the dark as you carefully pulled Ori out from between you and slipped her behind you only for your thigh to hike up over his hip and then he slid his hand up your thigh, to squeeze at your ass and pull you tightly against him as his own cock pinned between you and already weeping precum.

"You're testing every ounce of willpower I have." Zorroku rumbled between deep kisses.

"Like you're not testing mine?" You practically taunted back just as his mouth left yours to leave a scorching trail down your jaw and neck before he moved down so he could "nurse" himself which was a welcome relief from the pressure because Ori had fallen asleep before she drained the breast you had put her too. That, and to finally have a pair of hands that were big enough to fully grab them the way breasts could be grabbed sensually during sex was awesome.

"Which of us had to deal with whole rooms full of smut pictures today?" He challenged.

"True." You grinned.
"And, I know you don't like combat, but I do. And fighting beside you- is always a huge turn on because I trust that you can take care of yourself just as much as I can take care of myself. And fighting with you today, it was hard not to fuck you right there in the arena once you killed those wastes of flesh." He practically growled before nipping at your collar bone that caused your hold onto his hair to tighten and your body to writhe in bliss while you gasped and moaned in pleasure while your essences flooded your underwear.

"Oh fuck. Zushku...!" You whimpered as you ground your center at his length pitifully.

"Fuck." Zorroku grunted as his hips stuttered as you felt him unload onto your belly.

"Damn it, I thought I could last longer. I feel like I'm both- getting too old for this, and yet, feel like a kid, barely able to keep their own load for more than two strokes." Zorroku complained.

"It's ok. You've been pent up all day." You cooed as you pet his head and rubbed at his neck and shoulders as he relaxed into you.

"Yeah, but that doesn't mean you get to miss out." Zorroku rumbled before he cleaned up his mess with the shorts then threw them out of the bed and moved down and began to practically feast on your womanhood as your legs rested over his shoulders and began to tighten around his head while his hands were happy to hold each butt cheek in his grasp to cant your hips towards his hungry mouth before you had to use a pillow to keep yourself from making too much noise as your body writhed then flexed as your own pleasure bloomed through your body so much, it curled your toes as your stomach fluttered and your chest heaved.

One last teasing your center had you moving the pillow.

"Easy, easy, it's so oversensitive now." You pleaded.

"Ok, better?" He asked.

"Yes, much. You?" You asked.

"Yes, very much so, thank you. You seemed tired when I first came in so I didn't think to even hint at this tonight." He admitted.

"Oh, no, sorry, the kids and I were talking about something really serious before you came in is all." You excused.

"About what?" Zorroku asked as he carefully untangled himself from you and helped clean you up and himself up.

"About your cousin Kann and his kids. Apparently he got after your nephew when the battle upset him, he's Caruna's age. So Caruna asked for him to sit with her and basically hide with her and my parents. And how scared they were that you weren't going to make it and the history of Bullard dying was about to repeat right before their eyes. They don't worry about me in situations like that, because they know of the spite blessings. They worry about you, because you don't have any. Cause I'm pretty sure, they're so desperate for a good father figure, they don't want to lose the first one they've had in the last two years that just happens to love their mother figure in me." You explained.

"Ah, yeah, Kann...Kann has always been eager to have many warriors for sons. And practically fucked his many wives of many different kinds of peoples to have his own battalion or legion even." Zorroku explained.

"How many wives does he have?" You asked.

"Psh, like half a dozen last I knew. Or he may be up to a full dozen by now. And he fucks until he has no more cum to give." Zorroku waved off dismissively.

"Oh his poor pecker must be raw fleshy mush." You frowned which got Zorroku to snicker a laugh.
"Yeah. Just about." He grinned before he finished cleaning himself up and you up and put such clothes in the wash basin to soak overnight in the appropriate soap.

"I love it that you do laundry. So sexy." You praised from the bed.

"Eh, anything I can do to make your life easier. Heck, I'll scrub dishes and clean the kitchen if you keep cooking." Zorroku offered.

"Oh don't start spoiling me rotten now. That unification celebration already feels like it's a lifetime away. I feel like I'll be old and gray by the time we would get to finally fuck. We'd break each other's hips." You groaned as you slipped into the new nightgown he got for you which got him to laugh harder before he got back into bed with you to cuddle and snuggle with you to go into sleep.

"Hey, I've known some fuck so hard, they broke their own pelvis' and the pelvis' of their lovers after particularly brutal battles." Zorroku admitted.

"Great way to die after a battle, you survived the battle but you still died from a broken pelvis shortly after." You sarcastically quipped.

"I know right? Anyway, good night, Beautiful Mother to all my kids." Zorroku smiled as he hugged you a bit tighter for a moment which got you to giggle.

"Goodnight Handsome Father to all of my kids." You mirrored him and kissed him sweetly over your shoulder before settling back into sleep.

Come morning, you got yourself and Ori ready while Zorroku got the other kids ready to go to the recreation center.

You were delighted to meet with the Head Chef, Raph, and every single one of his assistant chefs and cooks and even his servers who came in early just to meet with you and get cooking lessons from you- since apparently Crowthu's praise of you cooking the best meal he had ever had in his life along with all of his sons and their seconding and thirding that, meant that many were eager to learn from you.

Meanwhile Zorroku first stopped off at the bank so that Bullard could deposit the money that had been sent and then brought the other kids with him to the recreation center and smiled when the kids were invited to play with all the others who were there.

"Fancy meeting you here." Your mother greeted Zorroku once Azalea and Amaryllis both recognized Junior and his brothers and sisters and practically ran across the center to collide with them on the playground as Junior did a decent job of catching both girls and managing not to get knocked down by them.

"Hey Mom." He smiled as he gave her a hug, and one she was happy to reciprocate.

"Thank you for bringing the kids here, my girls were getting anxious from practically getting swarmed by strangers." She thanked him once she withdrew.

"Oh sure thing, kids are still kids. Even when they're, unfortunately, told they're special from a young age." Zorroku readily agreed.

"Then you've been talking to Bella about it, because that's what she has always said about them." She beamed happily.

"She's a very wise woman." Zorroku nodded.

"Physically she's barely a woman. But the poor thing had to grow up fast. Especially once she got little sisters and then those kids. Her and Lilly were the only reasons I had those girls in the first place." Your mother admitted.

"Really?" Zorroku asked.

"After your mom died, I took it very hard. And it was everything my family could do to bring me through those dark times. And when I was pregnant with Amary and Zelle, I actually had the same complications your mom did. And I felt so guilty when, thanks to Veggo, she had already seen and knew what to do and how to help me and taught Lilly and Bella how to help me through it. And I felt like an idiot for not taking her with me to Avlar. And I had so many regrets eating me alive. It was everything Bella could do to make food that would tempt my appetite, which is where her skill seemed to bloom and excel, not for Khagra and Bula, but for me. I was so depressed, I lost all interest in everything, even food. I lost weight when I was pregnant with them. But once I delivered them, it both brought me out of it, yet had me wondering about your brothers and how they were doing. But knowing I could only ask Fusha about them and to know that I couldn't send letters to Yotul, for fear your dad would trace the letters and find me and my family and White Rock and to know, for years after, how angry and wrathful he still was. I wondered if there was ever going to be enough time to heal that wound. I know there still hasn't been enough for me." She readily confessed.

"There are times I feel the same way." Zorroku admitted.

"Yeah, but hopefully you can take those same lessons and help others when they go through similar circumstances. Especially Junior and his siblings. I mean look at him. Like a shepherd with his sheep. Those girls look like lambs bedded down with him in the middle. That one will make one hell of a protector, if he ever gets to train as one that is." She appraised which brought Zorroku's attention to Bully Jr.

"On it." Zorroku nodded as Regina grinned proudly as she walked beside him out to where the kids were sitting against each other in the middle of the playground.

"Junior, come on, let's train." Zorroku nodded over to the more formal training area that was on the other side of the space.

Bully's eyes got a little wider as fear flashed in his eyes for a moment, but he obediently got up and untangled from the girls and his brother and nervously walked with Zorroku over there.

"It's ok. I'm not out to embarrass you. You are a natural guardian for your sisters and Bella's younger sisters. I just want to make sure when that guardianship is challenged, you can answer that challenge confidently and answer it well. That's all." Zorroku reassured Bully.

"Oh, thank you." Bully breathed in relief before he seemed to walk a bit more eagerly towards the space as the girls got up and followed him.

Zorroku was impressed that Bully seemed to naturally and rather instinctively know as much as he did. And when Zorroku had Bully stop holding himself back and keep himself from withholding his full strength- because he was always used to doing this with his own sisters and Amari and Zelle, you and your mother and your brothers- Zorroku made sure to praise and encourage him to really embrace his whole strength and power. And stress that Bully was not going to hurt him too badly if he did. But it was necessary for this to work.

And that's when Zorroku was blown away to see that it was Bully Jr. that had already learned so much from your spite blessings. Because you had been so scared that anyone was going to try to take advantage of him and his sisters. That you had been secretly training him when you weren't cooking. And it showed, spectacularly well. Even if you had to deny you could do so to others, to both protect yourself and them.

"Belinda, want to train with me?" Cleo invited Belinda as she came into the area with her own family and bolted towards Belinda, since it was clear that Bully was otherwise engaged as she was practically entranced watching him spar with Zorroku. And try to low key watch him and wonder if she could ever incorporate any of those moves into her own repertoire.

"Sure." Belinda smiled happily and got to her feet.

"Here, lets get you into proper training clothes ok?" Cleo invited as she took Belinda's hand and walked her into the changing room with her training bag and let her borrow a set of training clothes.

"Girl, protect those mommies." Cleo handed her a special bra to help her developing breasts stay in place and protected.

"Thank you." Belinda thanked her gratefully as she readily slid into a changing room and changed into it.

"How do I look?" Belinda asked once she slipped out.

"You look great. Come on, let's get you fitted out with shoes too." She invited before she generously bought Belinda proper training shoes that was in the attached shop before they returned to the arena to start out their own sparing lessons before the two started and were laughing in between grunting when they wrestled and sparred as Cleo was impressed by Belinda's own strength, stamina and skill.

"Grandma Regina?" Becina seemed to squeak out once Regina had tired herself out playing with Fabu before Fabu made a few friends who invited him to go play with them as Regina encouraged him to go play.

"Yes Darling?" Regina asked.

"My Father got my Mama a present. It's a perfume tree and I want to help take care of it. What do I need to do?" Becina asked.

"Oh, I don't know. I'm not familiar with it. But here, let's go find out." She invited as she took Becina's hand and walked her over to a group of human looking mothers who were sitting and chatting.

"Hello Double Vizsla Regina, Double Viszla...?." They greeted cheerfully once they recognized her but hesitated in trying to remember Becina's name. .

"Cece.." Becina offered.

"Hello Double Vizsla Cece." They readily offered.

"What are your names?" Regina asked before they each introduced themselves.

"It's a pleasure to meet you all." Regina shook their hands as Becina bashfully did the same.

"My Mama was given a perfume tree by my father. How do I help her take care of it?" Becina asked them.

"Oh! Wow, that's...that's very generous of him." They blinked in surprise.

"What does it look like? Are you sure it's a perfume tree?" They asked.

"Yeah, it looks like this, except there's like, six little saplings growing from the roots." She offered as she drew what it currently looked like on a piece of napkin that they had there at the table.

"Oh wow. Well, for one, your art skills are very good. But also, do you think your Mama would be up to having company? We'd love to take a look at it and tell you more about it once we see and make sure it's really a perfume tree, because there's actually a few varieties of perfume trees and they all need their own separate kinds of care ok?" They offered.

"My Daddy said that it needs a special case and to have special little birds to come and polly..."
"Pollinate." They supplied.

"Yes. that word. The way bees do." Cece nodded.

"Yes.They do need special cases to grow in special conditions, usually." They nodded in agreement.

"So how can I help it?" She pressed.

"Well, first, it will need to get really warm. But the soil should also be able to drain excess water away. Can it do that?" they asked.

"No, he gave it to her in an abalone shell." She shook her head no.

"An...An abalone shell?" They repeated with confused frowns.

"Yeah." She nodded.

"What color is the soil that it's in now?" They asked.

"Black with specks of white, red and brown." She answered but frowned when they frowned in deep confusion.

"Well he didn't get it from us. We don't sell saplings like that." One of them offered.

"I know he didn't. I just don't know where he got it. Or what to do to protect it." She answered.

"Well, tell you what, how about we reach out to your Mom and ask when we can come over and see it and see what you have and what can be done to help it grow." They offered.

"Tomorrow or even tonight?" Cecy asked hopefully.

"Tomorrow would probably be best." They politely answered.

"Thank you for your help." Regina smiled politely before she pulled Becina away.

"Well they weren't exactly helpful were they?" Regina asked Becina.

"They're guarded. Daddy said that they're really protective of it. And if that's how they can have money here. It would make sense they would be weary to share such precious secrets with others." Becina offered.

"Protecting their livelihood." Regina sighed.

"But it's ok. I'm sure that whatever your Daddy did to it, I'm sure it's fine." Regina tried to reassure her.

"No, not my Daddy, my father." Becina corrected.

"Ok, I'm confused. Who is your Father? And who is your Daddy- that you feel you need to distinguish between the two?" Regina asked.

"Daddy is Daddy Zorroushku. But my father is Bullard of White Rock." Becina answered.

"Oh! Ok. Your Father, Bullard, got a perfume tree for Bella, I mean, your Mama?" Regina asked.

"Yeah, he gave it to her right before we left for Avlar from White Rock." Becina answered.

"Honey, your father died two and a half..."

"I know he died. But his spirit didn't pass on then. It only passed once my Mama and him got a chance to make up." Becina revealed.

"Oh, how?" Regina asked as she had the two of them sit down at a nearby table.

"She had to go back to where they were last together before he died. He had gifts for her for her wedding to Daddy. But he couldn't give them to her until she came back to get them from him. He gave her three trees, all growing from the same kind of soil, all of them growing from big abalone shells, like a clam but way bigger." She answered as she gestured to how big they were.

"Huh. well that was awfully sweet of him. I'm sure they're just fine. And I'm sure they'll be just fine until we know more." Regina reassured her.
"And who knows, they might be new kinds that those other mouras don't know what to do with and you and me- and Mommy get to figure it out ourselves." Regina encouraged her before giving her a little hug and kissed the crown of her head.

"I'm really happy you get to be my grandbaby now." Regina offered as she savored the hug.
"Me too. It's like you and Mama were always meant to be my Mama and my Grandma." She offered as she pressed her cheek into your mother's chest and hugged her tight.

"It's so loud in here." Becina complained.

"I know." Regina cooed before she pressed her hand over Becina's sensitive ears and smiled sadly when Becina blew out a breath of relief to have the cacophony of sounds get drowned out.

"Grandma!" Caruna came running to Regina, crying.

"Cari! What's wrong?" Regina asked as she had to let go of Becina in order to kneel to catch Caruna as Caruna flung herself into Regina and was sobbing hysterically.

"She bit me!" Caruna bawled.

"Who bit you?" Regina asked as she looked up from Caruna to look around the others to see if she could spot anyone who looked guilty.

"She stole and broke my toy!" Another little girl defended as she had been running after Caruna.

"Caruna Honey, you're bleeding, come on, lets get you fixed up." Regina urged before she brought Caruna over to one of the many first aid booths around the center before she tried to dress the wound herself.

"She needs to buy me a new toy!" The little girl demanded.

"No she doesn't! You need to apologize!" The other little girl's mother chastised her daughter as she caught up with her.

"No!" She roared angrily back.

"Caruna, what happened?" Regina asked as she cleaned and dressed the wound herself.

"I asked to play with it. She said 'she doesn't share her toy with filthy algae orcs!" Caruna answered which got Regina to gasp and for the little girl to immediately get spanked by her own mother.
"What did I tell you about saying stuff like that?!" The other mother growled.

"You say it all the time to Daddy!" The young girl cried.

"So what did you do?" Regina asked Caruna.

"I told her I wasn't filthy, I was clean!" Caruna cried.

"Because you are honey. I'm so sorry she said that. It's ok. Just tell me what kind of toy it was and I'll get you one myself." Regina offered.

"You can't! It's one of a kind! It was porcelain doll that she shattered her face!" The little girl screamed.

"You will get another doll! Just stay away from my granddaughter. Good day to you." Regina snapped angrily at the little girl.

"I am so sorry for the infraction Double Vizsla." The mother offered apologetically.

"They're kids. They repeat what they hear and do what they see. It's fine. Just please, go about your day." Regina insisted once she got Caruna fixed up.
"Honey, I need you to tell your Daddy that I'm taking you and your sister home with me, could you also get Zelle and Amari to tell them we're going home?" She asked Becina.

"Yes." Becina nodded and ran to Zorroku.

"Daddy! Caruna got bit. Grandma Regina is taking us home." Becina called to Zorroku before he and Bully got pulled out of the spar.

"She what?! Who bit her?" Bully asked.

"I don't know, some little girl who called her a filthy algae orc?" Becina shrugged.

"A what?" Bully asked in confusion as he used his shirt to wipe off the sweat of his brow.
"Oh crap. Ok. Ok, we're going home. Get your other sisters." Zorroku offered as he wiped the sweat from his brow and pulled Fabu from his playgroup.

"Girls, your mom said you're going home." Zorroku called to Zelle and Amari.

"We're coming Uncle Zushku." They nodded and quickly said their goodbyes before Bully came up to Belinda.

"What are you wearing?" Bully asked as he stared at his sister's chest.

"Something she borrowed from me. It's ok. Do you guys need to go home?" Cleo asked.

"Yeah, yeah, Caruna got hurt. Bit apparently." Bully explained.

"Oh no! Crap, I should have been with her." Belinda grimaced.

"You can just keep it. Let's go check on your sister." Cleo waived off and went with them to first aid where Regina was still there with Caruna.

"Daddy!" Caruna cried fresh tears and reached for him when she caught sight of him before he picked her up and held her.

"What happened Sweetheart?" He asked her.

"She bit me!" Caruna cried into his chest as he wrapped his other hand to the back of her head.

"Why?" He asked.

"She apparently wouldn't share her toy with a, and I quote, 'a filthy algae orc'. Something the little girl heard from her mother." Regina answered.

"How the little porcelain doll got broke, I still haven't gathered." Regina added.

"I see. Did you see who she was?" He asked.

"Yeah, that little girl throwing a tantrum." Regina pointed to the scene of the mom all out dragging a screaming and crying little girl out by her hands as her feet kicked out and dragged on the ground.

"Ah, I see." Zorroku nodded in understanding.

"I'm clean though! I took a bath and everything!" Caruna sobbed.

"I know you did. It's ok, let's get home." He urged the kids before they all left and went home and came in the back door to the kitchen.

"Babe?" Zorroku asked.

"In the bathroom." You answered from the bathroom that was off the kitchen as Ori was happy to play with her toy from the special seat on the counter.

"Hey, something happened at the recreation center." He noted from outside the door as he put Caruna down on her own two feet to get a chance to recover from carrying her heavy body home.

"What happened?" You asked as you were washing your hands before you opened the door.

"The kids got introduced to racism." He answered as your eyes went wide in surprise.

"Excuse me?" You blinked.

"What kind?" You asked worriedly.

"Caruna was called 'a filthy algae orc' when she was playing with the other kids her size and age. Apparently another little girl had a porcelain doll that they two of them fought over and broke?" He informed you.

"Oh." You frowned.

"Mom? Where's the rest of the milk?" Bully asked as he held up the now empty cup as he and his siblings now had milk mustaches from drinking.

"Oh no." You gasped as you put your hands over your mouth but tried to keep your erupting laugh down.
"What? Was that not milk?" Zorroku asked before you really erupted in a snickering laugh.

"Oh no!" You giggled before your body began to shake with uncontrollable laughter.

"That was my milk that I pumped for the pups and the cubs. I bought a hand pump from the market because the pups and cubs drank everything from yesterday." You informed him as your cheeks flushed before Zorroku barked a laugh as you buried your blushing face into his chest.
"Was it good?" Zorroku asked them.

"Yeah." Bully nodded sheepishly as he immediately put the cup back down on the counter and took a step back.

"That's because it's special milk meant to help Ori catch up. I pumped that milk for the cubs and pups, don't you see their bottles on the counter next to where that cup of milk was sitting?" You asked as you gestured to them.

"Oh, oh no." Bully immediately held his stomach.

"Don't throw it up. It's a very precious liquid. It was just, quite a bit to pump that." You quickly urged him.

"True, I just...I feel bad that I took it from them." He said as he gestured to the cubs and pups that were eager to have them home.

"Don't Sweetie. I'll make more, in fact. I need to make more right now. Zushku, could you help me please?" You asked as you felt another wave of milk start to come in as she got Ori out of her seat to sit down at the table to nurse from one side while Zorroku put the hand pump up to the other one, under the shirt and started to help you pump the milk as Caruna told you what happened.

"I'm so sorry that happened to you Sweetheart." You consoled her.

"It's not true is it?" She asked you with her big brown eyes that were starting to well with tears again.

"Sweetheart. I want you to know something. You're perfect just the way you are. And while her insult that you were filthy was untrue, the comment of you having algae in your skin, is. And you know what? She does too. You know why? Because you were crafted by the creators with special camouflage right into your skin. Remember how many hours it could take me and Lilly to find you and your siblings in the summer when we played hide and seek in the woods? Because the green of your skin with beautiful splashes of different hues of green, meant that you could hide, right under our noses, right at our feet and we would never be able to tell. And that algae that is in your skin? It also helps you breathe, both in the water, and this high in the mountains. Remember how on the way up, I was huffing and puffing, but you guys were just fine?" You recalled as they slowly nodded.

"Well I don't have that. And there are times I wish I did. And the great thing about your algae is not only is it perfect camouflage and helps you breathe, but also, it keeps you cool in the summer and warm in the winter. The ice orcs, their algae only helps to camouflage, to breathe and keeps them warm. Which is why they are prone to overheating in the summer. Which is why they like to stay in the mountains where it's colder. Whereas you- you can go anywhere. Granted, you need camouflage up here if you're going to be out in the elements. But otherwise, you can do just fine. Just because your skin is a different color than theirs doesn't mean it's bad, or dirty or anything like that. It just means it's different. Just like the humans back in White Rock whose skin is darker brown than mine? Same thing. They were used to warmer climates and being out in the sun a lot more than me and my family. And when I get out in the sun too much, my skin burns and turns bright red- and it hurts really badly. And theirs doesn't. And neither does yours. And I am so grateful that you are just the way you are. And it's easier for me to tell where you are when you're out and playing with others because you are a different color, just as pretty, and just as special as them ok? So don't look at the differences between yourselves and everyone else to see if some are better or worse, just remember that we're all people." You comforted them.

"But why would they say that?" Belinda asked.

"Honey, sometimes, some people aren't given the love and affection they're owed. And they don't know how to treat others with respect or dignity because they may not have been shown respect or dignity either. And some people, they can only feel good about themselves if they tear others down around them first. And all that does is show what kind of person they are. So that little girl showed that for herself and her family, they exclude everyone who isn't exactly like themselves. And they miss out on everyone and everything else in the world because of it." You tried to explain.

"Usually, people like that, what they accuse others of, is what they're guilty of too. Trust me, that little girl and her family, that's what they struggle with. They struggle with keeping clean. So it was not an accusation of you, that was really, an admission of their own guilt. And they were simply showing just how ugly they are themselves on the inside." Zorroku chimed in.

"That's true too." You nodded in agreement.

"That's what those women did. They accused you of what they themselves were." Bully realized.

"Exactly. And that's why their words didn't bother me. Because I knew they weren't true. And I knew your father and everyone else knew it too. And I knew that I proved them wrong with my actions. So that's all you need to remember is people can say whatever they want to say. You know the truth about yourself. You know exactly who and what you are, it's not up to them- and you prove what kind of person you are with your own words and actions. And soon, everyone else will know the other person is lying and won't listen to them either." You readily reassured them as you vaguely noticed that Zorroku had managed to pump all five bottles full and pulled the pump away to fill the last one.

"Oh, wow, you're...good at that." You praised Zorroku.

"Thanks." He smiled meaningfully at you.

"But you guys should be getting an apology the next time you see them regardless. It's seen as very bad manners to insult another, especially a superior." Zorroku urged them.

"I wouldn't be holding my breath. Kids are kids. And kids can be mean sometimes." You murmured.

"But otherwise, I'm sorry your day of fun was cut so short." You offered.

"Grandma Regina introduced me to other women who work with the perfume trees, they want to come over tomorrow and see the trees themselves to know what kind they are." Becina informed you.

"Oh, that will be nice. I look forward to it." You smiled before there was a ring on the doorbell.

"I got it." Bully offered as he got up and was hoping it was Cleo there to take back the clothes she let his sister borrow and was delighted that she was indeed at the door, but also with her mother and her other aunts.

"Hello Double Viszla Bullard, I'm your father's aunt Dalida, I understand your mother has a perfume tree that she was looking for advice on how to care for?" One of them offered.

"Yes, won't you all come in?" He invited before they all came into the home.

"Mom?" Bully called out.

"Yeah?" You called back.

"You have company." He informed you before you came out from the kitchen to see them.

"Oh, I do. Hi, I'm Bella." You introduced yourself and shook their hands as you all introduced each other.

"I understand you were given a perfume tree?" Dalida asked.

"I was. Cecy, Honey, could you please get the perfume tree your father got me?" You asked her.

"Should we get the other trees too?" Belinda asked.

"Might as well." You nodded before Cleo offered to help go help retrieve them.

"Are you sure you don't want this back?" Belinda asked.

"Positive. Just keep it." Cleo waived off as she helped get the citrus tree from Cari.

"Beautiful shells." Cleo praised before she brought it back as Cecy had put a special cloth around her tree to keep it covered until she brought it down as you had them all sit in the living room as Zorroku went ahead and made some tea for you and your guests.

"Ah, that's a lovely kaffir lime tree." Mahati praised when she saw the tree Cleo brought in.

"And that's a spectacular dragon heart tree." Jenri offered once she saw the tree Bebe brought in.

"I take it, that's the perfume tree?" Dalida noted once Cece came into view and carefully put it down and then pulled the special cloth off of it, causing all of your guests to gasp in astonishment.

"What's wrong?" You asked worriedly.

"Nothing...nothing is wrong. Is that...? Is that an ivory perfume tree?" Mahati asked as she and the others immediately slipped from the couches to kneel on the floor and look at the tree closer.

"That...that is. But it's not just an ivory perfume tree, three of them are white ivory perfume saplings, three are black ivory perfume trees. And that last third, those are blood ivory perfume trees. How...where did you get this?" They asked.

"My Father got it for my mother." Cece repeated.

"Not my Daddy Zorroushku, my first father, Bullard of White Rock." She specified.

"Ok. Where did he get it from though?" They asked.

"I have no idea. He didn't say, he passed away two years ago." You answered.

"Ah," they seemed to slowly nod in understanding but continued to look at it with awe yet confusion.

"Everything ok?" Zorroku asked when he came back to see you leaning forward with the others kneeling all around the coffee table.

"Yeah, it's just um. So, do you mind if I peek at the roots?" Dalida asked.

"Carefully." Cecy answered from her spot across from Dalida before Dalida very carefully pulled the sapling towards her and oh so carefully dipped her fingers down the stems to the bottom and oh so carefully moved some of the dirt away.

"Oh, oh my gods." Dalida noted as she found what she was looking for before they all crowded around her to see before they all started to chitter excitedly to each other in marinai.

"So...what is it?" You asked.

"So, what you have here, is something that was always rumored to be true, but that none of us have ever seen before. The reason you have so many saplings, all growing up at the same time, but that you see a third of them are white, a third is black, and the last is red, but that they're not uniformed, is because the root of this is really a piece of roots of three trees, that grew around each other, like a twisting braid. Someone braided the roots of a black ivory tree, with a white ivory tree with a blood red ivory tree. All of which are even more rare than the next or the last. Red ivory perfume trees are the rarest of the rare. The wood of ivory perfume trees, looks like it's name sake. The white ivory, it looks like it's made of real ivory. The black ivory is the same, like someone stained white ivory to make it black. And then red ivory, like someone stained it with fruit, or especially blood. So you're seeing saplings of all three trees all growing both individually, and yet- as one. This tree will not need others to pollinate it. It's able to cross pollinate itself because of the different kinds all being all in one. This tree, when it grows, will have many main trunks that may come together or may be separated. But it will be a wonder nonetheless. It would be kept in a special planter for now until it gets to be as large as yourself. And then planted. The soil of this is very rich in blood, which is why the red ivory tree is growing so brightly. This soil, I'm not sure where it came from, because it's foreign to me. But whatever it is, it is perfect the way it is. And it needs to be kept how it is right now." They urged you.

"Does it need more blood?" You asked worriedly as they all gave each other a meaningful look.

"Hopefully not." They answered.

"There are peoples who live in the jungle, on a continent on the other side of the world, that make blood sacrifices from other peoples, usually slaves from war, on altars at the top of man made mountains, called pyramids. These trees grow both at the top of the pyramids and at the base of the pyramids, where the blood from the sacrifices flows strongest with the help of the rains. Only royalty is allowed to have it and their is a special priesthood to care for the trees themselves. Because it's so hot and wet there, the people sweat a great deal and need to bathe at least three times a day to stay clean. Which helps when they live in a rich rain forest with daily rains and huge rivers and even water springs. They have massive floating gardens that they make special rafts of trees and dirt that flow right on the waters of rivers and lakes, and the living rafts- the plants clean and purify the waters, and grow an over abundance of food. And there is so much gold that comes from the ground that it's seen as both decorative, yet almost worthless, because it gets in the way of them making the special dirt to plant around the blood ivory trees." Daida explained with a grave and serious, somber expression and tone that was mirrored by the other mouras.

"But it's at the equator. Where it stays very hot but also very humid and rains daily, usually too wet for perfume trees, except the ivory ones. The ivory ones are the only ones that grow there, And the ivory ones make our own trees look like plain daisies compared to cultured roses. And they are nurtured to an extreme degree, and practically worshipped. And seen as sacred gifts from the gods. And the scents are used to not only clean a person, and a home, but also take away all forms of body odor. Which in turn, helps them hunt huge big cats in the jungle along with special deer and other game." Dalida added.

"Usually, in those communities, it is said you need to kill a thousand foes to have enough blood to "water" a blood red ivory tree. Any less than a thousand, and it won't be red enough." Sessi added from her spot next to her Daida.

"I've heard tales of many doing that for red maple." You recalled.

"Yes, although the life blood of a person is enough to feed a tree very well. But it doesn't always make the red more striking, usually just as a punishment meant to keep servants in line." Mahati answered.

"But it's like this soil already has so much blood in it, it's practically staining the shell itself red." Dalida noted as she looked at the red staining her finger tips from dipping them into the soil.

"Well thank you for using your expertise to identify them." You thanked them.

"Thank you for the privilege and honor to do so." They replied.

"We will fly to our brethren to find out more though. This will be ok until the flight in mid summer where our brethren will fly over this place and give the appearance of migrating birds, and these people accept us then. There are some of our numbers that have added themselves to that kingdom, mostly because they were interested in the trees themselves when they recognized that they were perfume trees. How - not just one- but a cutting of braided roots of all three ivory species- got all the way over here- is nothing short of a miracle. And the perfume and other things you will be able to make from this tree- will most likely be the most sought after in all of the seven cities if not far beyond." Daida predicted.

"And it would be an honor and a privilege to help nurture this and the other trees. Because, otherwise, this will be a beautiful and wonderful dragon heart tree. That will bloom in gorgeous dragon heart flowers and then produce dragon heart fruit and dragon heart seeds are great for any number of things. And this will be a fantastic honey jasmine lime tree." Mahati praised as she gestured to the others.

"Well thank you so much for coming on such short notice." You thanked them.

"Of course, of course. Well, we better be going, we have a lot of work to prep for that journey and of course the celebration." Daida urged the others who got up from the floor and finished their tea and said their goodbyes as Cleo seemed reluctant to leave with her mom and other aunts.

"If you want some help with it now though, I'm happy to try to help Cece." Cleo tried to offer.

"Yes!" Cece readily agreed.

"Here, you shouldn't cover it, it still needs light from the sun stones in the ceiling. And because it comes from the rainforest, do you have a bathroom with a window? So that it has the chance to stay hot, humid and can stay well watered." Cleo suggested as Cece picked it up and carried it as Cleo happily went with her while grabbing the honey jasmine kaffir lime tree while Bebe got the dragon heat tree herself as the three girls left to go do that.

"She can find her way home." Mahati waived Cleo off to Zorroku before she left with the others before Bully seemed to slink back to follow the girls himself.

"Thanks for staying to help. That's what I wanted to know, just how to care for it right now." Cece explained.

"I know. Grown ups can't help but give little history lessons when they talk about stuff. It's ok. My mom has a hanging garden at home that she cares for. She can make just about anything grow, even from way up here in the mountains. So we have a lot of experience. But from what my other aunt said, it should have plenty of blood. All it will need is rain and sun and hot and humid. And a bathroom is perfect for that and it will be good for all the saplings too. So that way we can keep them all together." Cleo encouraged.

"That would be great." Cece beamed happily.

"We really appreciate the help." Bully noted once he managed to catch up with them which caused Cleo to smile at him over her shoulder.

"I know you do. Which I'm happy to offer." She smiled before she nearly ran into a pillar from looking at him over her shoulder while walking, which caused her to pull the plant to her chest.

"Oh crap that was close." She gasped before Bebe and Cece started giggling, which got Cleo to giggle too.

"I swear, I have walked on my own two feet before." Cleo made light of the incident before they found the best bathroom for what they needed to put the plants on a stone stand next to the window of the bathroom.
"Uhm, I also should warn you guys, that come the unity celebration, once it is known that you have these, that many mouras will express an interest in you guys, just to get close to these trees. To mouras, the perfume trees and the dragon heart tree are seen as sacred. And will take a tree's phases as omens, like if they don't fruit or flower on time or if the fruit or flowering is weaker one year over another, it's seen as an omen, usually a bad one. And mouras, are beings that can turn anything they touch- into gold. And will often turn their own body weight in gold in exchange for something they really want. Don't let anyone you don't trust- to be around these plants. And the fact that this window faces the courtyard, means no one from outside the home could ever see it either. And you won't have anyone trying to climb the walls to get in here to get to it." Cleo warned them in a hushed murmur.

"Oh. Ok." They nodded in understanding.

"And don't let anyone else in my family try to use their family connections to get in here to get to them either. Like I think Grandma Jaseeneh might be curious to see it, and the other mouras might want to come to see and confirm it, which that is up to you to decide if that happens or not. But if anyone, especially my grandfather, or even my own father- insists to have a piece of them for "tribute" to the clan- tell them 'no'. This is your inheritance and birthright. You don't owe anyone else a piece of it. Protect it. Your father left you very precious things in your inheritances. Keep them yours. I know there will be a recorder to come to record all that your mother has- so that the list of her property may be used as incentive for the unity celebration. And as her children, all of you and all of your own things will be included in that. Once this is known, expect many- a party crasher there. And expect many kids my own age and even younger to approach you for early marriage offers, don't accept any. Don't give into any of the pressure you will feel then for that. You guys need to protect yourselves and you need to protect your mom and you need to protect these. Stay strong. Plant yourselves like the mountain we are on- and don't budge on that, ok?" Cleo insisted as she gestured between the plants and them.

"Thank you." Cece thanked her as she stepped forward and hugged her.

"You're welcome. I'd like to say- "that's what family is for." But even if all we can be is friends, that's what friends are for right?" Cleo insisted.

"We're both!" Bebe giggled as he hugged Cleo too before Bully got pulled into the hug.

"Thanks." Bully offered.

"You're welcome." Cleo grinned before she pressed a quick kiss to the girl's cheeks and accidentally kissed Bully, not expecting him to turn his face suddenly, since he was about to do the same to her which got them to dissolve into giggles.

"Ok, out of here, let the plants have some breathing room." Cleo urged as she blushed midnight as he blushed emerald but agreed and got out of there.

"I..I should get going. Um, if you guys need or want anything, especially if it's just...to know who is who up here and I'll try to get my other cousin Farrah, Fusha's daughter, to help you distinguish who is who at the unification celebration. Some come to those in all their finery, others come and are dressed down and are really unassuming and discreet. It's important to know who is who so that you at least greet everyone respectfully, and not cause offense. But if there is anything else, just let me know ok? And I'll be as honest and transparent as I can be." She offered.

"Can I walk you home again?" Bully asked.

"I'd like that." She smiled as she nodded and they walked as Cleo made sure to wrap her dupatta around her shoulders and fingered the fringes to keep herself from trying to reach out and touch Bully again. Because that little misunderstood sweet, rather innocent meaning kiss seemed to send her into a tizzy as she could not get her cheeks to stop blushing or wipe the small smile from her face- even as she tried her best to do so. She noticed that he was walking with his hands shoved into his own pockets, which only made her feel even more desperate for his touch. She felt she was losing her mind and going insane. She was a girl, he was a boy, and they were strangers only a few days ago and she should not be feeling all these intense emotions, especially in his presence. Maybe she should have refused him today. Because it was said that should an un related male escort a lady three times in a row, it was a sign of courting, But she could only hope that her relation to his adopted dad would excuse this. But once they made it to the street and she was seen by her friends- at a distance, and they instantly started to whisper amongst themselves, she knew they were most likely gossiping as her own anxiety began to rise.

"Bully, I should, you...you don't need to come with me, it's not that far and I'm...I'll be ok." She tried to dissuade him.

"Are you embarrassed to be with me?" Bully asked as he read her discomfort.

"No! No! It's just that...that's Sahara, she is her own gossip mill and the fact that she just saw us. She's going to bring up that we were close yesterday and that you walked me home yesterday and today." Cleo hinted.

"So what would the rumor be?" He asked.

"Well, most likely, a rumor about us courting. The unification celebration will be stressful enough for you and I don't want anyone to withhold any interest in you...on my account." Cleo murmured as she stepped a half step closer to him as he did the same and leaned in to hear her.

"And you don't want that." Bully supplied.

"No! I mean, yes. I mean...well, right now, every young girl, my age and even younger or older is watching you so closely- but from a distance, we are all trying to see if we can glean and make out what kind of person you are- based on your conduct. And I'm seen in only one of two lights. The first is that I'm trying to welcome you into my family- by way of your adopted parents. The second, is that I'm the first to make my own move on you and if you either accept or reject me, others will come and ask, to see if you'd be into open relationships and having more than one courtier. And what you are looking for in a romantic partner, despite your young age. You're young, handsome, high ranking and rich. You could technically have any girl you wanted in not just the seven cities, but so much farther beyond. And just about every other girl will be dressing in any color they can glean you like- just to catch your eye. Your parents have one of the Double Vizsla palaces. Which, everyone in Avlar knows that the palaces are so large, they have their own courtyards and gardens, but they also have their own condominiums within, so that the Double Viszla's family may grow so much larger than it is, but still stay close. And since you are the first born, you're seen as heir to the mansion. And any and every girl will be vying for such a position- to be Lady of that Palace once your parents pass. And because of your father's gifts to your mother- that will be seen as a guaranteed prodigious income. So you will have every girl who is used to such a lofty status and a luxurious lifestyle, thinking they can simply charm their way from their own mansions- into your palace." She divulged.

"So...you don't want anyone to suspect you being that kind of girl or me suspecting you of being that kind of girl?" Bully asked.

"Both." Cleo answered.

"Well, you've already proven that, at least to me." He readily assured her.

"Well, for that I'm glad. But at the same time, we've only known each other for only a few days. And all you have of me to know that is just a few days of talking and only one action. There needs to be a larger body of proof from myself for you to really know for sure." Cleo insisted.

"Oh I don't doubt you won't do just that." He grinned.

"I just don't want you to be taken advantage of, or be at anyone's mercy. You're young, but you've already had quite the life and experienced the highest highs and lowest of lows. And because you're new to all of this, I don't want for any to prey on your inexperience is all, but I also don't want any to think I'm taking advantage of you either. I don't want for your own options in the future to ever be limited from anything that would happen now, especially my own presence around you. Your possibilities for your own future are about to expand almost exponentially. And I don't want you to miss out on anything or anyone. And even just a rumor of us courting would dissuade many, because my rank is just as high as yours. Most other girls can't compete with me in that respect and most wouldn't even try, which is outside of their own control, just as much as it's outside of ours, and we inherit that status because we are the children of our parents and that's the status- both owed and earned by our parents. And that's not fair to them or you. And it's not that I don't want to still be considered for one of your courtiers, because I do. I'm not unwilling, that's not it at all, because I am, but I just...I don't want you to pick me, only because you don't know about all the others, because they have not made themselves known to you yet, and wouldn't even approach you if I'm always seen with you, trying to give me a respectful distance." Cleo explained.

"I see." Bully nodded in understanding as they continued to walk beside each other before they approached her home.
"Thank you for walking me home. And let me jabbar on at least." Cleo offered as she ceremoniously curtsied respectfully as he bowed his head, as Zorroku had taught him to before she slipped into her house before he simply sighed and returned home as he thought over the conversation before he realized, she had told him- she was interested, and more than willing, but she wanted to give him time to become acclimated. So now, he just needed to be patient and wait it out. Which, he had waited his whole life to have the parents he did. He could wait just as long for the right partner in life, because every piece of advice Zorroku and you had given him about the matter, she fit and even superseded. He appreciated her sentiment. She was wise beyond her years, which he greatly admired. So he simply decided to simply have her be his gold standard from now on.

Meanwhile once Cleo came inside her home and immediately rushed to her room and did her best to not cry along the way. That had been so unbearably hard for her to say. Because her mouth kept saying one thing and her heart and mind and body and soul wanted it to say the opposite. And they were currently at war and she felt like she was losing either way as she practically flung herself onto her bed and hugged her pillows for comfort before her mother came to her room.

"Oh, you're back. Are you ok?" Mahati asked.

"No." Cleo cried.

"What happened?" Mahati asked once she put her daughter's sapling down once she had repotted it and was returning it to her own daughter's balcony.

"I told Bully I wasn't going to be a courtier of his." Cleo pouted.

"Did he ask you to be?" Mahati asked.
"Nope. I brought it up. I basically preached to him why he should refuse every advance from every girl right now and I threw myself under my own train by telling him that if I'm close to him, it would discourage any other from even approaching him and told him that from now on, he needs to be suspicious of every girl who does express an interest into him and his sisters. If not for the Double Vizsla status, and the palace and those damn perfume trees." Cleo confessed as she squeezed her eyes tight buried her face into her pillow and wracked a sob.

"Why did I do that? Why did I even go there in conversation? Why did I just shoot proverbial arrows right into my own feet like that?" Cleo rhetorically demanded before Mahati tried to stifle her snickering laughter.

"Why are you laughing?" Cleo demanded as she pulled her face from her pillow to look at her mom with a confused frown.

"Because young love is adorable." Mahati answered.

"We all say and do really ridiculous things when we're young and dealing with love for the first time. You're trying to save yourself the heartbreak of rejection from him, by rejecting yourself first- now. You're trying your best to help him by trying to build a protective wall and shield around him, even if you have to hand him the shield so he can carry it between you first. And you don't want to be separated from him and you want him to instead invite you behind his shield with you. But you're too scared to ask and afraid he won't. So you're turning away before he can even try either way. But the buds don't lie."

"What buds?" Cleo asked.

"These buds." Mahati answered as she lifted the leaves of her sapling dragon heart tree as the first buds had formed- seemingly overnight. As one was about to bloom right that moment.

"It's just a coincidence Mom. It's seven years old. Of course it will bloom now." Cleo turned towards the tree to look at the buds. Usually she would be ecstatic to see them. But right this moment, she was too upset over Bully to be happy about the plant.

"Yeah, but not this early in the season. It's a month early. Trees are rarely a whole month early. It's a very good omen." Mahati tried to encourage.

"It's just a tree Mom." Cleo sighed in defeat.

"It may just be a tree. But the only time I've ever seen any of my plants bloom early- was when your father first expressed an interest in me. And once I pursued him, they never stopped being especially happy once I moved them here." She smiled.

"That's just because we can afford really good soil for them, and afford to give them greater care than any other." Cleo contested with a pout.

"Tell you what, let's test it. If- by the time- the very last bloom on this tree- blossoms before either Bullard asks to court you, or you ask to court him, then I will concede that it's just a coincidence. But- if he asks to court you before the last one even gets to this point that the first one is at- then I will still continue to believe that they're ominous because- the fact that that one bud only probably appeared- day before yesterday, the very same day that you first got to be acquainted with him, and is already ready to bloom, even two days later? Means that you may have just found your mate, even this early and this young. The trees know. The world communicates through tree. And this one is telling you quite a bit already. You're just not listening or paying any attention.

"If it's really speaking to me, it's telling me that I would be prosperous and have what, 1, 2, 3..nine- sister wives." Cleo complained.

"Or most likely- nine kids and no sister wives. Zoku is Bullard's adopted father. Zoku has always been a fan of monogamy. As is Regina, Bella's mother. And most likely- Bella herself, Bullard's adopted mom. So if anything, he's most likely going to feel the same way they do. If anything- I think you just secured your place as his first wife. And what happens between now and the unity celebration can determine if any join you. I think- by trying to protect him, all you do is marry his mind and heart to yours more and more. Because we protect what we care about and I'm pretty sure he's smart enough to see that. Now, he's going to contrast that to the way every other girl treats him from now on. And he's going to probably use you as his gold standard to measure and judge every other. And all of them are not going to measure up to you in this respect. Not because you are my daughter and especially not because you are your father's daughter. But because of who you are as a person and your natural inclinations that you have already acted on. And how much honor and respect you have, both for yourself and him and his family, especially his sisters. And have already demonstrated that you'd take on every other bitch in his old clan with your own daggers if you have to. Guys like that- really dig that kind of protective measure. Don't close yourself off from him or avoid him. If anything, make it effortlessly easy for him to approach you. And if he does, and if he seeks you out- then you should take that as what it is. That he knows that by seeking you out first- he shows his interest in you, in at the very least- trying to be your friend first. Which is what you should be focusing on at this age. Plus, you and Bebe and Cece are most likely going to be really close- just to care for those saplings." Mahati reminded her.

"I had them put the saplings in the tallest bathroom with a window facing the courtyard. So that it would be humid and warm yet have light." Cleo admitted.

"Perfect! See? You're a natural. You got this. If nothing else, than being friends with his sisters and helping them care for those saplings." Mahati encouraged.

"But it's those saplings that are the biggest danger to them and will be the largest point of contention. Because they're kids now, but what happens when they get older? Do they each own a share of all three? Will they draw lots to see who gets to have what? Cece is taking to the perfume tree, Bebe seems to take to the dragon heart tree but that leaves the honey jasmine kaffir lime tree- practically unwanted. I mean- of the limes, it's the best. But- those other two trees are so much more coveted. That tri- ivory perfume tree could spark an entire war. And if it is known that Bella has one, that her children have one- All of the seven cities and every moura in the world will want to give them a mountain of gold, just to get a peek at it, not to mention, want to practically build a shrine all around it. And they're just kids! They shouldn't have to deal with this at their age." Cleo complained.

"Then it's a good thing they have a friend like you to help." Mahati comforted.

"But I don't want them to feel like I'm only using the fact that I'm the first to use my friendship to sink my hooks into them first. I don't want them to think I'm just a wolf in sheep's clothing either." Cleo continued to pout.

"If they think that about you- then they are no judge of character." Mahati insisted.

"But just being around them, they don't seem like the judgemental type." Mahati amended.

"They aren't." Cleo murmured.

"Then why are you so upset?" Mahati asked before Cleo let herself fall back into her bed before she pulled her pillow back over her face.

"Because I accidentally kissed him." Cleo squeaked.

"What was that?" Mahati had to lay back into the bed with her to try to hear her.

"I was hugging Bebe and Cece together and Bully joined in the hug and just as I was kissing Bebe's and Cece's cheeks, he turned his head and my lips ended up kissing his." Cleo confessed.

"Oh, I see." Mahati nodded.
"I'm doomed." Cleo insisted.

"How so?" Mahati asked.

"Because I instantly wanted more. And now I just talked myself out of ever getting another." Cleo whimpered.

"That good?" Mahati gently prodded.

"Yes. I nearly sprouted wings. I nearly shifted and made every trill I could. I fought not to shove his sisters out of that bathroom and strip us both naked, just to fuck next to those damned saplings." Cleo whimpered as she curled into her mom's side as her mom moved her arm to gather her daughter into her side and hold her.

"Well, yeah, that's puberty for you." Mahati tried not to laugh, but still grinned.

"And you know, my syllinium has yet to not work." Mahati invited.

"I think that's a bit premature." Cleo urged as she peeked up at her mom.

"Well, I'll put a stalk in your balcony anyway. It's such a pretty plant. And you can use it's more soothing effects. And it is quite delicious anyway. It's always a good plant to have around. I was getting a stalk ready to give to Bella anyway, to help round out her kitchen anyway, so it's not like I don't have some to spare." Mahati shrugged off.

"Well, if you have one that's just lying around and extra, then I won't say no." Cleo offered.

"That's my girl." Mahati grinned before she kissed the crown of her daughter's head.

"It's going to be ok. I know, it's easy for me to say that and hard for you to live through it. But it will be ok. It's not as dire as you fear it is. I'm sure your future self is thanking you for acting so wisely and saying what you did today." Mahati offered.
"And who knows, he might change a lot between now and when he's mature enough to court you and when you're old enough and mature enough to court him too. I think, if anything, just sit back and watch and see what happens. That's all we can do." Mahati tried to encourage.

"But what if something happens at the unity celebration? What if he's taken too far away, just like his mom was?" Cleo worried.

"Then if anything, encourage him to stay here. And while Bella moves with Thunder Herd, if he's earned his parent's trust and respect, he might just be able to keep the Palace to his stewardship while they're in their summer grounds. And if he does, then he can stay here all year round. And probably enlist in the same training and teachings that everyone here does. We'll just have to wait and see. Come on, dry those eyes, I don't want your already overprotective brothers to see you and think Bully made you cry and them trying to come to you defense." Mahati urged before they both sat up and Cleo found her composure.

"No. Wouldn't want that." Cleo readily agreed.

"And I really don't want you destroying this house, trying to keep them in it, to protect Bully from them either." Mahati urged.

"I would never..." Cleo tried to argue before Mahati gave her a meaningful look.

"Wouldn't want that to happen either. I don't want those idiots trying to involve themselves and make an even bigger mess of it than it may already be." Cleo had to agree. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.2K 197 67
Despite it being well past sunrise, the house was dark. I had woken up with a start, hearing the sound of a car below but now as I lay awake, I was i...
11.2K 182 29
It's a story of a girl name Ayana and she's friends with mahiru, they have been friends since middle school. One day, After school they both pick up...
0 0 9
With many lives lost and relationships broken, Sol and Crystal travel to the Kingdom of Metal to continue pushing back Sinnel's forces. Sol now wants...
519 0 43
Elizabeth Cole has just started her job at Rylan Enterprises. She is the new financial manager. After working her ass off to get her degree and get a...