therapy | luke hemmings a.u

By ourgreatescape

"I've got this feeling as if I'm drowning and I can't seem to get myself out of it." Haunted by the death of... More

:: Introduction
:: Prologue
:: One
:: Two
:: Three
:: Four
:: Five
:: Six
:: Seven
:: Eight
:: Nine
:: Ten
:: Eleven
:: Twelve
:: Thirteen
:: Fourteen
:: Fifteen
:: Sixteen
:: Seventeen
:: Eighteen
:: Nineteen
:: Twenty
:: Twenty one
:: Twenty Two
:: Twenty Three
:: Twenty Five
:: Twenty Six
:: Twenty Seven
:: Twenty Eight
:: Twenty Nine
:: Thirty
:: Thirty One
:: Thirty Two
:: Thirty Three
:: Thirty Four
:: Epilogue
New book! 'Deadly Devotion'

:: Twenty Four

2K 121 56
By ourgreatescape

:: T W E N T Y F O U R ::

The doorbell rang and Luke went to check who was at the door. He was taken by surprise when it was the last person he had expected to be there with her hands on her hips, dark brown hair in curls all over her shoulders, standing on the porch.

He slowly opened the door wider and cleared his throat making the brunette look up at him from her phone she had whipped out. She smiled and said, "Well hello there, Luke."

"Briana?" Luke said hesitantly. "Uh, what are you doing here?"

"I came to see Ellie. Are you letting me in or am I supposed to wait outside?" she questioned, placing her phone inside her pocket.

"Uh, okay." He said as he opened the door wide enough to let her in and scratched the back of his neck, utterly confused.

"Do you, like, live here now?" Briana asked as Luke closed the door behind them.

"No," Luke shrugged. "I just stay here most of the time I guess." He couldn't help but think how out of order this was. Briana in Ellie's house was something out of the ordinary as far as he knew.

Briana nodded and followed him as he led her to the living room where Ellie was lying on the couch with a book in her hands.

"Uhm, El? You have a visitor." Luke said and stepped aside to reveal Briana who waved.

Ellie looked up, placed her book down and sent a questioning glance towards Luke who shrugged and walked away.

Great, Ellie thought. Thank you for leaving me with her, Luke. She mentally smacked him.

She motioned for Briana to take a seat.

"I heard what happened," Briana said as she sat down on the edge of the couch making it dip down.

Ellie looked at her with a raised eyebrow. "And what exactly did you hear?" She asked as she sat up straight and crossed her legs.

"What happened with Kira and Michael and the accident after the party," Briana stated with a serious expression on her face.

"Oh," Ellie said and remained quiet. "How'd you find out?" She asked after a while.

"I have my sources," Briana smirked and when Ellie looked at her skeptically she said, "Okay. Your mom told my mom about your accident when they met at the grocery store and I found about Michael and Kira from Dave."

"Dave? As in Dave Jones?" Ellie asked, amused. "The one who cried in primary school(check) because someone had said that his new haircut made him look like a withered mushroom and wouldn't stop crying until his mother came and took him home?" Ellie laughed remembering ad if it had happened just yesterday.

"That's the one" Briana nodded as she burst out in laughter. "And, uh, I'm the one who told him that," she confessed quietly.

"Oh right. Those were seriously the days," Ellie laughed.

"And we were friends back then too," Briana said.

"Yeah," Ellie sighed. "What even happened, Bri?" She asked as she played with the bottom of her t-shirt.

"I don't know," Briana shrugged.

"Well, I remember that we used to be inseparable and would always play together until one of our parents dragged us away. But then one you just stopped talking and ever since then we've hated each other," Ellie said looking straight at the girl in front of her.

"That was because you went around telling everyone that I cried when my dollhouse broke!" Briana exclaimed. "I kept getting made fun of for years!"

"What? I never did that! Who even told you something like that?" Ellie asked, confused.

"Kira did," Briana narrowed her eyes.

"Wow," Ellie scoffed. "So she's been out and about getting people out of my life since we were kids."

"Look, Els," Briana started, using the childhood name she had used. "I'm sorry for being a bitch to you," she said sincerely. "I guess that I was just annoyed over the fact that you wouldn't apologize and that you had a better life than I could ever dream of. You had amazing friends, a boyfriend and an amazing, caring family. I had none of those," she whispered.

"What do you mean you have none of those?" Ellie asked, feeling sad for Briana as she had never seen this side to her since they stopped talking. "You do have an amazing family, Bri, and friends too."

"No, I don't," Briana said with tears in her eyes. "I found my dad cheating on my mum and things were horrible at home for months. All I wanted was a friend to talk to, but since I was horrible to everyone I knew that wasn't possible. The people I'm friends with are shallow people who only care about who hooked up with who," she looked down and sniffed, reaching up to wipe at her eyes. "I've made a lot of mistakes, Els. I regret them, I really do. And I'm sorry for being horrible to you."

Ellie reached forward and hugged her tightly. "It's okay, Bri," she sighed as she rubbed Briana's back. "I'm sorry for what happened with your parents."

Briana hugged her back tighter and cried. Luke poked in his head thinking Ellie was crying and was shocked with what was happening in front of him. He sent a questioning glance towards Ellie who shook her head and he nodded before going away.

"Its okay, Bri. Everything will be fine," Ellie said soothingly.

Briana let go and moved back to rub her eyes. "Thank god I decided not to wear makeup today or I would've looked like Godzilla," she laughed making Ellie laugh along.

She looked at Ellie and smiled who smiled back. "I really am sorry about what happened with Kira and Michael. They're horrible people to do that to you. Kira was some best friend. And are you okay now? After the accident?"

"I've moved on from those two," Ellie shrugged. "And yeah, I'm pretty good now," She smiled widely. "Apparently I have to go for therapy but," she shrugged.

"Oh!" Briana exclaimed. "I seriously doubt therapy is your thing," she laughed.

"Exactly! Not my thing at all," Ellie chuckled. "It's supposed to help but I just don't know," she shrugged.

"Are you going to prom?" Briana asked.

"Yeah," Ellie nodded. "Are you?"

"Of course! It's prom! Plus, I'm part of the organizing committee," Briana said. "And you're going with Luke, eh?" She asked with a smirk.

"Yes," Ellie poked her tongue out to hide her growing smile. "Who are you going with?"

"Adam," Briana said, her eyes sparkling. "I've had a crush on him since the sixth grade when he was the new mysterious boy."

"He is pretty cute!" Ellie said approvingly.

Briana laughed. She was glad to have her friend back even if it was after ten years. It felt as if no time had passed and they were still those kids who used to play with dolls and watch power rangers.

"Well," Briana said as she stood up. "I'll be heading home now. Maybe we could go prom dress shopping later? If you haven't already bought one."

"I would love that," Ellie nodded as she smiled, standing up as well.

"Great!" Briana cheered. "It's great to have you back, Ellie."

"It's great to have you too," Ellie laughed as she walked Briana to the door.

"Well, see you soon," Briana said as she walked out. "You too, Luke," she waved at the confused boy who was watching. He waved back and she left.

"What was that all about?" He spoke up once Ellie shut the door. "Was that weird or what?"

"Actually, everything's turning out pretty good," Ellie said with a goofy smile on her face.

"I thought you hated her," Luke said with wide eyes.

Ellie chuckled before explaining everything to him from the beginning.

"But are you sure this isn't some kind of trick or something, El?" Luke asked, concern etched on his face, once Ellie finished telling him everything.

Ellie looked into his concerned, ocean blue eyes before saying, "What would she trick me for, Luke? What could she possibly gain from tricking me?"

Luke shrugged and the doorbell rang making both of them jump.

Stepping forward, Luke opened the door to be faced with Calum and Ashton who, once the door was opened wide enough, burst in with loud giggles and 'hi's'.

"You guys!" Ellie shushed them. "My parents are asleep. And Calum, get off of me!" She groaned, trying to pry him off her as his grip around her tightened.

"No!" Calum stated as he continued hugging her.

"I swear to God, Calum if you don't move," she threatened.

"I'd move if I were you, Calum," Ashton said warily as a look of amusement took over his face.

Luke, looking from the annoyed Ellie to Ashton, shot a confused look towards the latter.

"I was once bugging her so bad and she told me not to cross her 'personal space'," Ashton said, making quotation marks with his fingers. "Which I obviously didn't listen to and ended up getting kicked downtown. Even at eight years old she was quite the ball buster," he shuddered at the painful memory.

"El!" Luke broke out in laughter. "Remind me never to get on your bad side, sweetheart," he winked.

"Ha - ha," Ellie said sarcastically as she rolled her eyes. "Hilarious. Now please get this kiwi off of me before he ends up in the hospital like Irwin over there did."

"Come on, Cal," Luke said as he reached forward and removed Calum's grasp on Ellie. "Let's leave this meanie alone, okay pumpkin?"

"Luke is much better than you," Calum said dramatically as he poked his tongue at Ellie and held onto Luke making Ellie laugh despite her efforts not to.

"Marry Luke then," she said as she crossed her arms in front of her, a smirk playing on her lips.

"I will!" Calum said before grabbing Luke's hand. "Let's get married, Lukey pie." He then walked towards the living room without looking back.

Ellie and Ashton broke out in a fit of giggles. "Why am I friends with you lot?" She asked as she wiped at her eyes and followed the two boys.

"Admit it, Ellie. We're way too awesome and you don't want to drop us," Ashton said as he followed her.

"Calling you guys awesome would be offensive for the word awesome, Ash," Ellie laughed.

"I am offended!" Ashton gasped, pretending to be hurt.

"Oh, you drama queen," Ellie laughed and punched his arm making him drop his act and laugh along with her.

***

IMPORTANT!

So, I was planning on turning Therapy into book 1 of a series. Like each member of 5sos will be having their own story but they won't be connected. It'll have a similar theme to Therapy but obviously not the same. Would you guys read if I wrote books like that?

On a less important, yet happy note:

I LOVE YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I WISH I COULD HUG YOU ALL! But here's a virtual hug *HUGS*! THERAPY HAS 8.2K!

I love everyone who's been reading/voting/commenting/adding this to their library! You're all getting cookies xD or well, since I can't exactly send you cookies, you'll be getting a dedication! Every one of you! ^-^

Eep I'M SO EXCITED! Why? I have only 6 more days and I'm done with my exams! I'M DONE WITH THIS SO CALLED HIGH SCHOOL! YAAYY! Yes, I'll have to decide on Uni and stuff but who cares! I'M FREEEEE! No more waking up at 5.30am!

Okay I'm going to stop now before I scare you off! Love you all! xx

Dedicated to @Jigglypuff216 because she's amazing and has been reading this story for the longest time and has the sweetest comments! c:

Holy shiz that's the longest A/N I've ever written :o

- Pooji

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6K 340 46
I'm Isabel. Living in a complete undecided life, but will soonly change by the world full of lies... When the time comes that I have to spend time wi...
82.5K 5K 40
❝I... I saved you!❞ ❝Yeah, you did - but you're still a pathetic freak!❞ Or the one where the Hemmings family are hide-out hybrids living with the Cl...
903 63 31
Just read this book if you love 5sos and there music Please, please,please
530K 8.6K 100
So I have a 5sos account on Instagram, @2.much.5sos , & I do some 5SOS imagines on there so yeah, just thought I'd put them all together in Wattpad f...