Home

By AMAC45

In 2018, Freya Nightingale was poised to be the next big then in World Football, but three days before she wa... More

2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98

1

3.9K 74 5
By AMAC45

Cairo's POV

"Hey Cairo." I hear Rose say from behind me on the bus.

"Yeah." I say as I turn around.

"I thought you said we had a new call up." Rose says.

"We do." I say with a smile as the bus stops outside the Mile High FC training facility here in Denver, Colorado. "You'll meet her soon."

"What position does she play?" Sofia Huerta asks.

"She's a winger." I say then I stand up, grab my stuff, and walk off the bus with Koda.

Once off the bus I help unload the equipment as the players get off.

As I'm helping unload I hear the unmistakable sound of a motorcycle driving up so I turn around and see our newest recruit pulling into the parking lot.

"Is that her?" Mal Pugh asks.

"Yep." I say as our newest player pulls up and parks next to the reserved spot that Katana Solo has here at the Mile High FC training facility.

"You let her ride a motorcycle?" Kelley O'Hara asks.

"Uh yeah?" I say. "Why does what she drives matter?"

"Motorcycle aren't safe."

"Well I trust everyone to make the best decision for them." I say as I look at the motorcycle in question.

"And I trust a 22 year old to make smart decisions on the road given she's been riding motorcycles since she was 16." I say.

"What's her name." Crystal asks as our newest player takes off her helmet.

"Damn." Ash says as everyone looks at the biracial woman.

"You have a wife and a girlfriend Ash." Emma says. "Chill."

"Katana you, Sahara, and Azura have a Loc friend." Catarina says.

Freya has locs too.

"Her name's Freya Nightingale." I say as Christen and Tobin walk over to Freya.

"I've heard of her before." Rose Lavelle says.

"She was suppose to join Barcelona after she graduated high school in 2018." Sophia Smith say.

"But her Dad was killed two days before her flight so she turned down the offer and has been working for her family buisness ever since." Jaelin Howell says

This is all public knowledge and Freya doesn't really give a shit if people know why she didn't play for a couple years.

"Why's she playing now?" Lindsey Horan asks.

"Cause her family buisness is doing so good that she's able to play football again." I say as I watch Christen and Tobin hug Freya.

"How do Christen and Tobin know her?" Emily Fox asks.

"Freya's modeled for re-inc." Sahara says.

"She's modeled for my clothing line too." Katana says. "She models for a lot of companies."

"I can see why." Someone mumbles.

Freya is a very beautiful woman.

Nobody could ever compare to my wife, but Freya is still very beautiful.

"Speaking of Tobin." Trinity Rodman says. "How are she and Adelaide?"

"Still coming to terms with everything." Emma says.

At our last camp at the beginning of July, Tobin hurt her knee and over the summer her doctors told her it'd be best if she stops playing professional football.

Also during that Camp, Adelaide and her twin Alex were in a car accident with a drunk driver and Adelaide had a bunch of injuries that've pretty much healed now, but the doctors also said it'd be best if she stops playing football.

Once Tobin and Adelaide told me the diagnosis, I gave them some time to process then a month later, I asked Tobin and Adelaide to be on my coaching staff and they quickly said yes.

We're gonna get Tobin and Adelaide all better then, after the World Cup, Adelaide and Tobin are going to get a retirement game so that they can get the send off they deserve.

"It takes a while to come to terms with your dreams being taken from you by something you can't control." Emma says.

"Something you wanna talk about?" I ask.

"Oh no I'm good now." Emma says with a smile. "I have new dreams."

"She has a big scar on her face." Kristie says.

Freya has a big scar over her eye.

"That she does." Azura Nwigwe says.

"Emma can you..." I say, but Emma cuts me off.

"Training time ladies." Emma says then she and the other coaches lead all the players into the training facility while I walk over to Freya.

"You're cutting it close." I say with a teasing smile.

"Sorry." Freya says as she, I assume, locks her motorcycle. "Had to avoid the cops."

"Ah." I say as Freya slings her bag over her shoulder then the two of us start walking towards the training facility. "It's good to see you."

"You too." Freya says then I pull some papers out of my pocket.

"Here's our schedule for the rest of the year." I say then Freya and I look at the schedule.

"Cool" Freya says as we walk into the training facility and head out to the training pitch.

"Here's this." I say then I hand Freya the next sheet of paper.

"The venues were just finalized a few days ago." I say.

"Cool." Freya says.

"And then Katana wanted you to have these since you signed for Mile High FC." I say then I show Freya the Mile High FC line-up

1-Katana Solo
2-Ona Batlle
4-Jasmine Hadid
12-Tierna Davidson
3-Katja Nordström
6-Jaelin Howell (C)
14-Aitana Bonmatí
11-Alexia Putellas
9-Sophia Smith
10-Raven Lovato
7-Freya Nightingale

Jasmine Hadid is twins with Bella Hadid and she plays for the Netherlands national team and Katja Nordström plays for the Swedish national team.

"Sweet." Freya says.

"And here's the Mile High FC schedule." I say then I show Mile High's schedule to Freya.

"Did they win their first three matches?" Freya asks as we finish walking through the training facility then we walk onto the training pitch.

"Yeah." I say as we reach the coaches.

"Cool." Freya says then she sits on a bench and changes out of her motorcycle clothes and into her training clothes and shoes.

"Hey Adelaide?" Freya says as she finishes tying her boots.

"Yes Freya?" Adelaide says with a smile.

"Can I wear your number?"

"Yes Freya." Adelaide says. "You can wear number 7."

"Yay." Freya cheers then her relaxed happy state turns into her normal hard exterior.

Can't say I blame her for always having a hard exterior given what she's been through in the past couple years.

"Bye." Freya says then she walks on to the pitch and joins the warm up part of the training session

"So just how good is she?" Ash asks once there are no players near us.

"Well when Freya was twelve she was called up to the USA U-20 team and she pretty much stayed there until she dropped off the face of the earth after her dad was killed." I say. "And she had European teams trying to sign her when she was 15 so she's pretty good."

"We saw her play in 2014." Adelaide says.

"We did?" Ali asks.

"Some of us did." Tobin says. "We went and talked to the Real Colorado teams and we watched them train."

"Oh."

"Looks like they're ready." I say then my coaching staff and I get the first drill set up

Once the drill is set up I run everyone through it then I stand back with the coaching staff and watch.

The drill is about linking passes together and utilizing the through ball.

During our last two games we were shit at our build up play and nobody played a through ball even though there were so many opportunities for one.

"Everyone ready for a blow up?" Tobin questions as we watch the team run through the drill.

Our link-up play seems to have improved, but the defenders and most of the midfielders aren't playing a through ball at all still.

"OH COME ON." Freya shouts then she turns and faces the midfielders and defenders. "PLAY ME THE FUCKING BALL."

"Well this is gonna be fun." I mumble as I watch Freya lay in to the midfielders and defenders

After Freya gets everything of her chest, she starts dissecting the drill and telling everyone what she and the forwards need from them.

"...Now fix your shit." Freya says at the end of her spiel then she gets back in line.

"Well Damn." Adelaide says as the drill resumes.

"Told you Freya has one of the best football minds I've ever been around." I say.

"Did you try and sign her?" Ash asks.

"Yeah." I say. "But Lyon didn't think we need another winger so their contract offer was terrible."

"That sucks." Ali says.

"Yeah." I say then my coaching staff and I focus on training.

For the next 90 minutes I run the team through different drills to help us work on stuff we need to improve upon.

Once training ends, everyone packs up except Freya.

After training ends, Freya puts on ankle weights then heads back onto the field and works on her fancy footwork.

"What'd she put on her ankles?" Catarina asks.

"They're ankle weights." I say as I continue packing up. "She uses them to practice her stepovers and tricks."

"Does she really need them?" Lindsey sarcastically says.

"I'll give you 100 thousand dollars if you can get the ball off her without fouling her." I say. "That goes for any of you."

"I'll take that." Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley say then they run over to Freya.

"This is gonna be fun." I say then we all watch Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley try to get the ball away from Freya.

Freya easily dances with ball and doesn't let Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley get anywhere near the ball.

"Oh my god." Tobin says when Freya does some move that puts Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley on their ass'.

"Told you." I say when Lindsey, Emily, and Kelley return.

"My ass hurts." Lindsey mumbles as I notice everyone looking at Freya.

"Lets go people." I say causing everyone to look away from Freya. "We're having dinner and team bonding at Freya's tonight so you can get to know her better there."

"Ooh what's for dinner?" Sam asks.

"Freya's special fajitas." Sophia says.

"Ooh that sounds good." Sam says.

"Yes it does Sammy." Aurora says. "Yes it does."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.9K 716 13
i'm looking up for my star girl i guess I'm stuck in this mad, mad world [ alexia putellas x fem!oc ] [ lucy bronze / ona batlle ] devilsamore, 2023
16.4K 956 31
It's the year 2027. After the ligament operation, Alexia's recovery, which initially seemed very promising, was marred by one complication after anot...
265K 6.6K 43
Anna has had a very hard upbringing, but she's defeated every hurdle thrown her way. But what will happen when her biggest secret comes to light and...
Step up By Annac3

Fanfiction

31.3K 528 26
A new player has joined Arsenal WFC at a tense time. After playing in a championship club will she be able to survive in the top ranks? And will she...