Always, Arlo [Published]

By NaiWriting

Valentina Morgan, a woman who just got out her long relationship that was half of her heart. Her heart that i... More

Always, Arlo
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 37
Chapter 38

Chapter 36

4.3K 215 82
By NaiWriting

Happy Holidays

Arlo

It was December 22nd, A few days before Christmas. I was in my study in my penthouse as Val laid in my bed fast asleep. It was about two in the morning and I was up late working on a few various designs.

they were special designs for a new line I was about to put out and I was working on it for the past few weeks of December. All while I was busy with getting my mother to her therapy sessions. That was until she told me she would be taking the metro so she could have more free time with herself and because she feels guilty for me feeling such a responsibility over her.

I also have been getting her a good lawyer for her divorce settlement because my father absolutely refuses to go through with it. He's furious that we have gotten my mother to consider it but honestly his anger brings me joy.

I enjoy seeing him so bothered.

I will do anything it takes to get my mother finally free from him. She's been even considering filing for a restraining order. It sounded like heaven in my ears the day she said that.

I'm happy she's seriously has been putting her effort into getting her disorder under control and making Angela and I happy.

I finish up my last detail, dropping my pencil as I take in my work. Stretching my tensed fingers. I smile with enthusiasm, I'm proud of the designs because they've been on my mind since late October.

Putting everything together so that they could actually be manufactured is always my favorite part of designing. I adore to see my creations come to life but this time everything is different; these mean more to me than all the other designs and having them drop on Christmas day will bring a different light into my life.

December 24th, 5:24 PM

I followed Val around like a little puppy, watching her pick out all the decorations for our Christmas party. Valentina was like any traditional Hispanic, celebrating Christmas on the 24th instead of the 25th.

But because of our friends being from various ethnicities the party was going to last till twelve till it was actually christmas night to open gifts and such.

Val chose some gold and black decor for the Airbnb home we rented out. I suggested a big comfy home because I thought it'd be a good and cozy place to announce the new designs since a lot of my models and Co-workers would be attending the party.

Val had no idea about my recent creations, it was going to be a surprise for her too.

"You made sure to invite your mother too?" She questions as she grabs golden plates for the big table we bought for the event. She makes sure to grab random little miscellaneous things she thinks would make a good fit.

I don't have an opinion on any of the decor I'm just here to support my girlfriend and pay for it all.

"Of course, I think it's about time that we have a proper holiday together with no madness." I respond, grabbing some of the items she suddenly hands me to hold. She nods her head happily in agreement,"I'm glad. Let's make sure that this Christmas is special for her."

I grin warmly at how much she cares about my family. I juggle everything in one arm as I grab hold of her waist with the other, bringing her in swiftly to kiss her beautiful plump lips. She smiles in between our kiss.

"Don't distract me while I'm on a mission Mr. Saint." She jokes, playfully pushing me off and pointing at her lips gesturing that I have lipstick all over mine. 

I shrug my shoulders in delight. Continuing to follow her around as she explores the store for anything and everything. Everything on me of course.

...

December 24th, 10:30 PM.

We all were gathered at the home by now. Eating, chatting, just catching up with each other. It was my first event since my disappearance which made me feel like I stuck out like a sore thumb.

All my Co-workers at Saintwear and my models were obviously curious to what had happened but won't ask me anything regarding it.

I prefer it that way. I don't feel like reliving the emotions of that time period. Especially not when it's almost the end of the year. I want to pretend it all didn't happen.

As for my best friends, Rylee and Khalil. They knew about it all. I explained it to them shortly after I started getting my mom's divorce paperwork together.

They were my friends for years, so I really did feel like I owed them at least an explanation. Especially since they were the only people I had by my side for as long as I could remember.

I sat on the couch as Rylee poured me some Hennessy in my glass. He then sets the bottle on the coffee table and sits beside me, groaning like an old man as he relaxes back and swirls his glass. Khalil was over by the kitchen area speaking to Noor, they had been talking all night and quite frankly were inseparable.

Rylee and I looked at them and then we exchanged looks with each other. "He definitely likes her, he hasn't stopped talking about seeing her since the night of your birthday." He informs before taking a gulp of his drink. Making an "ahh" sound like its the most refreshing drink he's ever had.

"They look great together, she's softhearted and he's playful. it's a pure pairing." I say, looking at the beautifully golden color of the alcohol in my glass. Rylee nods his head in agreement. I turn to face him again and I see him staring off at someone.

"You and Minji would be a good pair too." I declare, watching the way his eyes dilate at the mention of her name. He's staring at her over at the fireplace, warming her hands with Val against the fire as they giggle together in the midst of their conversation.

I smile at the sight of my valentine.

"Really? You don't think the model would think twice about a mechanic dealership guy?" He jokes but I know he's completely serious. He believes Minji is out of his league but I believe that's just mind games, you can get anyone as long as you put your mind to it.

"You fix and ride cool ass motorcycles for a living and sell great ass cars. Who knows, you could offer to fix up her car and she could possibly find it hot. Besides Minji is into stuff like that." I chug my drink, savoring the taste on my tongue. He gives me a look and I nod my head, encouraging him.

I feel as if Rylee and Minji are also a good pair.

He leans forward like, his eyes changing to determination. He's mentally encouraging himself now. I pat his back before he gets up from the couch to make his way to the girls'. Excusing himself as he asks to talk to Minji, Val nods her head and gives Minji a little wink before she strolls over to my direction.

"Hey pretty girl." I greet, putting out my hand for her to grab. She holds it and locks her fingers with mine and I bring her to sit on my lap. She smiles as she cozies up to me and I plant kisses along her jawline.

"Everyone is having fun so far, even your mom and Angela." Val points out my mother dancing to some music in the kitchen while she sets up all the food in a aesthetically manner, Angela helps out as she giggles at our mother.

I grin at her enthusiasm and genuinely seeing my mother getting better.

She's been doing therapy every week which has been clearing her mind heavily since all the things she has stored away in her brain and heart is finally getting an escape. She's been in a good mindset ever since we been waiting to finalize the divorce papers but our attorney say that everything should be perfect soon.

As for my sister I also advised her to get therapy. I know there's things she goes through that are a result of everything we've been through and I want her to do well. As for myself, I'm still thinking about it.

Val and Angela have told me I should do it though.

I'm hesitant because opening up is one of the hardest things for me to do. But looking at my beautiful girl sitting on my lap and hugging me like i'm the only thing that matters on this earth is my every reason to search for more professional help.

I'll definitely end up doing it for the three of them.

"There was said to be a full moon tonight." I tell her, my favorite moon lover. She gleams with excitement.

"I can't wait to see it." She hugs me tighter as if I am the reason the moon is shining so bright tonight.

"You know that I got my moon tattoo for you, right?" I question and her eyes widen brightly. Almost like she's been taken by surprise. I definitely told her that night but I said it so vaguely she probably didn't take it with any meaning.

"Really?" Her body melts in my arms, eyes full with stars.

"Really. You're the moon to my sun forever,Valentina." I confess as I raise my black dress shirt a little, revealing it again. It's healed and it's still as meaningful to me as the day I got it. Even if Val and I didn't manifest into anything that we are now, I would've cherished this tattoo simply because she's made an impact in my life no one has ever done before.

I hope she got the hints of the gifts I got for her with my sentence alone. Again i'm being vague but it's on purpose this time. I can't give away my christmas gift to her just yet.

She hugs me even tighter and I wrap my arms around her small torso as I take her scent in. " I adore you." She mutters into my ear tenderly.

...

12:00 AM

"Arlo, hurry up we're excited for the announcement!" Minji exclaims as she flops on the couch beside Val and Noor. Everyone had already eaten and we were all ready for the gift opening.

But not before everyone heard my announcement first.

The thing is that Noor and Minji knew exactly what I had planned because I had asked them for advice so they were the ones most excited. They couldn't be anymore obvious about it too. The sides of my lips tug in a smile as I see them basically bouncing around on the couch as Val sits there visibly confused.

I stand in the middle of the room with yet another glass of Hennessy. I did in fact stop smoking but I was a heavyweight so I needed something to have some type of fun for the night, not like it was doing anything to me though.

The rest of the saintwear models and my coworkers were now all seated around. But my focus was on my Valentine. She sat there looking at me with bright eyes and that was all I needed to know I made the right choice in this gift.

"So my Co-designers all know I have been in the works for a new line of clothing. But this time it's special to me and hopefully special to the woman who i'm dedicating it to." I grin at her and her eyes grow curious with anticipation.

"I'm making a new Lingerie line called S.V lace. Short for Saint Valentine Lace, a line dedicated for my Valentina. Which will have eight new lingerie pieces all in order of the eight moon phases. All pieces i've spent careful weeks crafting to make them perfect to her." I announce and seeing the way her jaw drops is show-stopping. Everyone begins to clap and cheer and Minji and Noor begin squealing, pushing her playfully.

Valentina gets up and runs to me, I gracefully pick her up and hug her in my arms. Kissing her chin all the way up to her soft lips. "Really? All for me?" She asks breathlessly. She's in a daze. She questioned why I was working so late and I wouldn't show her any of my ideas for obvious reasons but now that everything is piecing together she seems to be dumfounded.

"Of course, anything for you." I admit. Then I hear as everyone is all around gasping as the photos of the Lingerie drop on all Saintwear socials. The previews taking everyone off guard. I set Val back down to the floor gently and she hurries to sit between Minji and Noor to see the pictures.

I smile at her fondly as her eyes glisten with excitement.

I feel a hand suddenly on my back. I turn to see my mother smiling at me. "Good job at making the right choice of keeping her. I'm proud of you Mijo, for being different even though your perception of love wasn't right."

I wrap an arm around my mother and hug her appreciatively. I rub her arm idly as I pull away, "Yeah, she makes it worth it." I speak after a moment.

We all collectively start opening our gifts together, spending the holiday in bliss. A united group of friends who feel like family and family who feel like friends.

...

Val lays beside me in my bed as her small body is wrapped in my arms. It's well into midnight and our christmas party was over. But we have a habit of speaking about countless topics at night, keeping each other up and entertained.

"I'm still so shocked that you dedicated an entire lingerie line to me. Saint Valentine lace is still a shock to me." She admits, rubbing my bare chest with her fingertips.

Saint Valentine.

Valentine saint.

What a dream that would be.

"You're my muse Val. It was coming eventually." I declare, kissing her forehead softly. I could feel her cheeks heat against my skin.

"You're everything to me Arlo." She talks a little bit strained and when I look down at her, I could see her eyes glistening with glossy beautiful tears. I giggle a bit, this precious woman is crying, over me?

"Likewise, my love." I reassure and she breathes out breaths of relief. Like every time I confirm my love for her, her heart gets more secure.

"You taught me what love is, you'll forever have a place in my heart." She tells me, sheepishly wiping away her tears that have fallen down her cheeks and onto my torso and arm.

I don't say anything. I just reach over to my beside table and open the drawer. Inside I reach for a small gift box. Bringing it over, I place it in front of her as I open it. This is more than enough than I can say about my love for her.

"A promise ring, until further notice." I say.

"Until further notice? What do you mean?" She gasps, grabbing the ring with a moon pendant. She sits up on the bed as she slides it on her ring finger. Stretching her hand out to look as the diamonds in the pendant twinkle with every shift and movement under the actual moonlight.

"Until I know you're ready to have an engagement ring." I confess and her eyes widen as she looks at me. Her eyebrows raise and her jaw drops and my stomach drops with it, nervous that I actually said that out loud. She's been the biggest blessing in my life and I wouldn't know how I'd feel if Val didn't see me in her future in that way.

"I'm ready whenever you are." She gleams, jumping on me as she hugs me so tightly I can't help but laugh. I'm relieved she feels the exact same way I do. I can't fathom that even feels the way I do.

I just hope she knows that means it's coming soon.

___

[Author Note]

getting emotional as the next chapter or two could possibly be the last. This story means so much to me as I literally thought about it randomly one day in class a year and a half ago. Now it developed into something that means wayy to much to me and hopefully to you guys too.

Don't forget to vote babies! 🌟

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

485 52 16
People say when you are in love you become blind but in love you don't only become blind you forget to breathe but yet you feel the most alive ; Isab...
238K 2.5K 33
#1 badboygoodgirl #1 relationship-complicated Watching a car go up in flames is traumatic enough in itself. Watching a car go up in flames with the...
310K 9.4K 41
"You have lost your mind, what the hell do you think you're doing?" She yells at me. "Don't start with me." "I'm not starting shit, Elijah! This was...
1.4K 47 38
Valerie is a, twenty-three year old African American, girl on the subway home. When suddenly the lights all shut off and the train begins to accelera...