Then and Now // Robby Keene x...

By ColonelSimp

Y/n Y/l/n transfers schools the summer before her Senior year of high school. She went out one night, but was... More

Important Notes
Season 2
Chapter 1: Reunion
Chapter 2: Valley Fest Demo
Chapter 3: Miyagi-Do Karate
Chapter 4: Lotus and Live Lyrics
Chapter 5: Chores
Chapter 6: Relief
Chapter 7: First Victory
Chapter 8: Valley Viral
Chapter 9: Starved
Chapter 10: Unanswered Questions
Chapter 11: Pursued
Chapter 12: That Feeling
Chapter 13: Asked Out
Chapter 14: Backstage Passes
Chapter 15: Confrontation
Chapter 17: Broken Again
Chapter 18: Angel Eyes

Chapter 16: West Valley High

338 17 46
By ColonelSimp

It almost didn't seem real—Robby and me, here, making out in this guest bedroom at a party.

Maybe it was the adrenaline in me. What started as slow, longing kisses, turned into heated, quick ones. My heart was pounding as his hands gripped my hips, my arms resting around his neck. One of my hands kept finding its way back to Robby's hair, which I ran my fingers through and tugged on every so often.

Robby's voice was low and attractive as he spoke through our kisses, "You have no idea how long I've been wanting to do this...."

His words only made me what to kiss him harder. "How long?" I spoke, just wanting to hear more from him.

After more kissing, he pulled back and responded, "Ever since you yelled at me for being late in the library." He chuckled, before pressing his lips on mine again. I laughed too, remembering that day.

Robby's hand slid from my hip to the small of my back, then he pulled me closer to him, our chests grazing each other's.

I almost couldn't remember where I was; all I could think about was Robby... which means I didn't hear the door swing open. But when it hit the wall, Robby and I immediately looked towards the sound.

"Oh, ok. Ok, ok. I was not expecting that," Demetri said at the door, covering his eyes with his hand.

"Demetri, what are you doing?" I asked him, slightly embarrassed he caught Robby and me like this.

"We have to leave! The cops are here," Demetri replied urgently. Robby and I looked at each other, muttering a curse under our breaths, before springing up from the bed we were sitting on. Robby grabbed my hand and started pulling me out of the room, running.

"Come on, Demetri!" I yelled to him so he could follow us. With his hand still over his eyes, Demetri turned to leave the room, but ended up running into the doorframe. He cursed and rubbed the injury on his forehead, finally moving his hand from his eyes as he followed us.

We ran down the stairs and towards the back doors, Robby's hand still in mine. It was chaos in the house—people running around everywhere, trying to leave.

Through the crowd, my eyes landed on someone. She looked confused, looking around and standing in one place. I stopped running, Robby tugging on my arm before he realized I stopped. He looked back at me, "What's wrong?"

I looked at him, then back at the girl. Before what just happened upstairs, I don't know what I would've done in this situation. But now, I couldn't leave. I felt a sudden pang of guilt in my chest.

"Come on," I nodded my head towards the girl. "We have to get Sam out of here." I started pushing through people to get to her, Robby following behind me.

When we finally got to her, I grabbed her arm gently. She looked at me and grinned. "Y/n, where have you been?" Then the smile faded and she looked confused again. "What's going on?" Sam asked, looking around.

"Just follow us, everything's alright," I told her with a small smile. I turned back to look at Robby. "My car is parked down the street. Let's go out the back and around some houses. We should make it out."

Robby nodded, before making his way towards the doors. I pulled Sam behind me as I followed. Demetri stood at the door already, anxiously waving at us to hurry.

By the time we finally made it to the car, our breaths were heavy and tired. We all got in and I drive us away from the scene.

After a few drunken comments, Sam had fallen asleep in the back seat. First we dropped off Demetri to his house. Then I looked at Robby.

"Where should we take her?" I asked him, nodding my head in Sam's direction.

He thought for a moment. "We can't take her back to the LaRusso's. Her parents would be crushed to see her like this."

"You're right... maybe I could bring her back to my place-" I began, but Robby interrupted.

"No, it's ok," he told me. "She can stay at my dad's place. I'll tell you how to get there."

I nodded my head, before beginning to drive again. He told me where to go and where to turn, until we eventually arrived at an apartment complex. I parked my car, looking over the building.

Robby got out first, then I followed and met him outside the back of the car. I sighed, "are you sure this is ok?"

"Of course." Robby smiled. "Besides, my dad kinda owes me one. Well, definitely more than one, but you know." He shrugged his shoulder playfully.

I laughed and looked down, silence eventually growing between us. I noticed Robby's feet take a step closer to me, so I looked back up at him. He was already looking at me, his lips slightly parted.

He lifted up his hand slowly and placed it carefully on my cheek. Then he did the same thing with his other hand, before leaning in. I leaned in to, closing the distance between our lips. Robby kissed me, slow and strong, before parting once more.

"Thank you for showing up tonight," Robby whispered.

I was at a complete loss for words, so instead, I just nodded. I don't think he understands the grip he has on me.

"First day of school tomorrow..." I started. "Don't forget to meet me outside. It's my first day there, so I won't know my way around."

"It'll be my first day too, you know." Robby chuckled.

I laughed too. "Well, then I guess we'll have to work together."

Robby smiled. "There's no one I'd rather work with," he told me, before placing one final kiss on my lips.

I helped him get Sam out of the car. It was a harder task than I thought it was going to be, especially because Sam kept holding on to the handle above her head. But she finally let go, cackled loudly, then let Robby walk her up to the door.

I watched them and waited to drive away until they got inside the apartment. Robby told me a little about his dad, and from what I heard, it wasn't guaranteed that Robby's dad would let them in at all. But, he did. Robby sent me one last smile, before disappearing into the apartment.

I was about to pull away, when my eyes landed on something. It was a car, decked out in all things Cobra Kai, parked not too far from me. I didn't notice it there before. I furrowed my eyebrows, before beginning my drive back home.

✰ ✩ ✰

The next morning was chaotic.

Mom was a nervous, excited wreck; the first day at a new school can do that to her. She insists on taking a picture of me on my first day of school every year. Jaxon would get in the picture with me when he was here, too.

"Honey, you look so beautiful!" Mom squealed, putting her phone back in her pocket and pulling me onto a hug.

I chuckled, "Thanks, mom."

She pulled away and put her hands on my shoulders, looking at me with a smile. "You're growing up so fast! And I'm so proud of you." She gave me a sweet kiss on the forehead.

Before I could reply, she started talking again. "I feel like I've barely seen you this summer, and the first day of school is already here! What have you been up to? Did you make new friends? How was the party last night? Do you have any secrets to tell me?" Mom winked at me.

She didn't mean it in a bad way, but all I could feel from her questions was guilt spreading through my chest.

I still haven't told her about Miyagi-Do...

The time never felt right to tell her.

I don't want to worry her too much. She has enough going on. But even still, I could hear Jaxon's voice in my head, telling me to tell mom.

After I hadn't responded, she waved a carefree hand. "It's ok, honey. Today is a big day. You're nervous. I get it. But remember, it'll all be ok. You got this. Now, you better leave soon before you're late on the first day."

I nodded my head with a smile, beginning to slowly walk back towards the door. Mom said goodbye one more time, before I left for school.

I played some Ivory Traveler music on the way. I wasn't expecting it, but the songs got rid of all my nervousness. I started thinking about how happy I felt when Robby and I went to the Ivory Traveler concert together; then how happy I felt being near him again; then when we kissed at the party last night.

I couldn't wait for the day to start, so me and Robby can start over too.

We've both changed—for the better. This time around should go much smoother, and I was so excited for it.

I pulled into the parking spot outside the school. I took out my phone and checked my messages. I sent a text to Mya this morning, but she hasn't been answering lately.

I sighed, getting out of the car. I grabbed my backpack and started walking up to the front of the school.

I looked around as I walked, trying to spot Robby somewhere. There were a lot of kids walking into West Valley at once, making it hard to really look around.

I guess I wasn't watching where I was going, because I suddenly felt myself run into something. Or rather, someone.

"Oh my gosh, I am so sorry," I said quickly. It was a boy. He had dark hair and a red, long-sleeved shirt on. He smiled back kindly. He looked very familiar, but I couldn't quite place him.

"It's no problem, really. I wasn't paying attention, I was kind of looking for someone," he told me.

"So was I, actually," I responded.

"I don't think I've seen you before. Are you new here?" The boy asked, putting his hands in his pockets.

I nodded my head and held out my hand, telling him my name. "Y/n."

"Miguel," he responded, shaking my hand kindly.

Then, I suddenly heard someone call my name. I looked towards the sound, which came from behind Miguel. My eyes landed on Robby, who was grinning from ear to ear. I smiled back as he walked up to me.

When he reached me, Robby leaned in and planted a kids on my lips. When we parted, he looked straight into my eyes with a smile. "I'm so happy I can finally do that again," he said.

The sound of someone clearing their throat gained our attention. It was Miguel, who was still standing there, looking at us with a hardened expression on his face. Robby's posture straightened as he looked back at Miguel.

"What are you doing?" Robby asked him.

Miguel looked Robby up and down, unmoving, before responding, "I was just leaving." Miguel glanced at me, before walking past Robby, brushing shoulders on the way. Robby watched him leave, his eyebrows furrowed.

Robby looked back at me after Miguel was far away. "What did he say to you?" he asked me. "Are you all right?" His body turned to face me fully.

"Yeah, why wouldn't I be? Do you know him?" I replied. I saw a muscle in Robby's jaw flex. I looked at him, silently asking him to continue.

"Y/n, he's in Cobra Kai. He's like their fucking leader. He's the reason we're all in this mess," Robby explained. He sounded annoyed, but not necessarily at me.

My mouth fell open as my eyebrows furrowed. "Robby, why didn't you tell me that earlier?" I asked. "I feel like such an idiot!" I looked back in the direction Miguel left in, even though he was already long gone.

Robby tilted his head with a sigh, his voice becoming soft again. "I'm sorry; I should've told you. I guess I was just dreading you getting too close to the Cobra Kai's. They're dangerous. I don't want you getting hurt."

I took a step closer to him. "Robby, I'll be fine. I know how to defend myself now. You don't have to worry," I told him softly, a small smile on my face.

He looked between my eyes, before his own smile formed. "You did learn from the best after all," Robby joked. He raised his hand to my cheek, brushing some stray hairs out of the way gently.

I smirked. "You're right, Mr. LaRusso is the best."

Robby, still close to me, pretended to be offended, which made me smile more. "Oh, did you think I meant you?" I teased.

"You know what? I'm hurt," he said.

I frowned playfully, "Aw, I'm sorry. Is there anything I can do to make it up to you?"

That's when Robby moved his hand from my cheek to the back of my head. Carefully, he pulled me towards him and started kissing me again. I kissed back, my stomach turning over and over.

"Geez," someone spoke, "you guys kiss like animals starved." I could tell whose sarcastic voice it was right away.

I broke away from Robby, smiling at the person's familiar choice of words...

"I've seen you guys in the library, doing your 'work.'" Audrea used her fingers as air quotes. "He looks at you like someone starved. Like a bear looking at its first piece of food after hibernation."

I shook my head again. "Gee, thanks for putting that image in my head, Audrea. You really now how to flatter a girl."

"Hey, Demetri," Robby greeted, turning towards him. Robby laid his arm over my shoulders.

"Hey," Demetri greeted with a smile. "So, as your official tour guide, I would like to formally welcome you to West Valley High. Please, lady and gentleman, follow me." He held out his hand towards the school, bowing slightly, before beginning his walk. Robby and I followed after him.

Demetri showed us the lunch room, the library, the gym, where some of our classes were, and some other important places. He also didn't miss the opportunity to tell us tons of stories about his time here.

"And finally, the last stop of our tour—your first period classroom." Demetri stopped outside the door. "Now, since I've walked you around the whole school, it's customary to give your tour guide a tip." He held out his hand jokingly.

"Here's a tip," Robby said, patting Demetri's shoulder. "All work, no play makes Jack a dull boy."

Demetri smiled sarcastically. "The Shining. Interesting movie. A perfect example of how the ending of the movie can change everything, while also leaving you with so many questions. Besides, I'd rather be dull than stupid."

"You could never be stupid, Demetri," I spoke, walking closer to the two. "We appreciate the tour, but we should all get to class."

"You're right, I can't be late on the first day. Imagine the bad impression it would leave on the ladies." Demetri dragged on the last word while wiggling his eyebrows.

Robby chuckled, "Go get 'em, Tiger."

At that, Demetri turned and walked away. Robby and I smiled at each other before walking into our first period classroom.

Long tables filled the room, each table lined with computers. It looked almost like a computer lab. I followed Robby toward two empty seats for us.

The class went by slowly. The teacher gave us all the syllabus, she had us creating accounts for ourselves on a few different websites that we would be using in class, and made us all do an awkward icebreaker.

While we were doing all of this, I couldn't help but think back—meeting Robby for the first time, getting to know him, falling for him, then hating him for leaving. I didn't want to think about this again, but I couldn't help it. I didn't want it to happen again.

"Hey," Robby whispered, leaning close. I looked over at him, breaking out of my thought. He continued, "You've been staring at the same screen for ten minutes straight. Are you all right?"

I glanced back at my screen, and he was right. I sighed, thinking whether I should tell him or not. I eventually decided. "This all just seems so familiar, and I," I paused, "I don't want what happened last time to happen again."

Robby sent me a small, warm smile. "I'm glad you're being honest with me," he said. "But I need you to know that I meant what I said last time. I'm not leaving—ever. I want you. But for this to work, I need you to trust me."

I felt butterflies in my chest and stomach. My heart was beating faster. His words came out soft and sincere. I believed him.

I leaned closer, as did he, and we connected our lips in a kiss. But shortly after, we were interrupted by someone's loud voice. "Hey."

We both looked in the direction of the voice. The teacher stood there, her arms crossed. "None of that in my classroom, do you understand me?"

Robby and I sat up straight in our chairs again. "Yes, ma'am," we said in unison.

"Don't make me separate you..." the teacher said once more, before turning and going back to her desk.

We tried not to laugh. "Looks like someone has a bigger stick up their ass than Mr. T," Robby whispered. I laughed quietly.

I was about to respond, when an announcement started to sound overhead.

It started off like your basic school announcements, but it took a quick turn.

None of us were expecting to hear what we did.

It started something, and ended up changing everything.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

58.1K 1.1K 60
When Tessa Larusso joins her father's rival dojo so she could get closer with the boy she wanted. Or In which Tessa let's Cobra Kai and karate ruin...
30.2K 922 10
SEQUEL TO DADDY ISSUES! Katherine LaRusso has always been a fighter. Whether it's on the training mat or in real life. Now, the stakes are higher tha...
9.1K 380 16
Y/N L/N moved to California last year, His assimilation to the LA lifestyle has been rocky in the nicest way. With absent parent at home, He doesn't...
12.7K 262 29
Just when everyone expected the rivalry to end, it got worse. Now a new Sensei is stepping into the light and it's one that no one ever expected ...