Gotham's Ghost King

By Mysterious_Reader0

Nico Di Angelo found himself in the middle of mysteries once again. (Batman X PJ crossover) More

1: Mystery City
2: The Bat and the wing
3: Who's the kid?
4: Making up Lies
5: Meeting the others
6: Tough Night
7: Misunderstanding
8: Plan the party
Filler; before starting the hell: 9
11: Parties suck.
12: Night watch(ed)?
13: Love the dead guy

10: The beginning of the night

2.3K 98 31
By Mysterious_Reader0

PREV- Everyone picked up on how nervous and uncomfortable Nico was, and Damian's sudden change of position. Of course, Bruce had a vague idea on why Damian moved, he only barely stopped a smile that was forming on his face.

Bruce stopped the smile and shook his head. 'Now Alfred...' Bruce thought and turned his head to face where Alfred was. Or...supposed to be. 'Alfred?' Bruce now finally noticed that the sneaky old man was gone. Bruce sighed and made his way to the kitchen. Food, drinks, pastries, Tim, but no Alfred.

"Tim, have you seen Alfred?" Bruce asked as he glanced at Tim.

Tim was currently working his way through the cabinets, looking for his gloves. He was absolutely not touching any food to serve without gloves.

"Uh, I think he went to the Batcave. Why? I think the computer made an update on something." Tim said as he continued to search.

Bruce nodded and carefully glanced back to the main area and at Nico.

'Good. He's still busy.' Bruce thought to himself and carefully and absolutely silently made his way to the Batcave.

Bruce found Alfred standing by the computers, staring up at the screen while clicking the mouse. Bruce knew that Alfred had already sensed him. He walked closer to take a look at what Alferd was looking at.

"Master Bruce, I believe we have found something interesting regarding your newest boy." Alfred spoke and stepped aside for Bruce to look.

On the huge screen, were results on the last name, Di Angelo. There were 2 results on the screen apart from Nico. Maria Di Angelo. Bianca Di Angelo.

Bianca Di Angelo: Deceased. Age 12. Mother, Maria Di Angelo. Brother, Nico Di Angelo. Father, Hades Di Angelo. Origin, Italy.

Maria Di Angelo: Decease. Age: 34(?). Daughter, Bianca Di Angelo. Son, Nico Di Angelo. Husband, Hades Di Angelo. Origin, Italy. (A/N: Not sure if correct, please don't come at me;;; but you can correct me or ask to add something :)

Bruce examined the two files. Nico indeed told the truth to his dead sister. The two files did not contain much information, but they were enough for Bruce to start researching using this lead.

Bruce furrowed his brow, his mind racing with questions. Why were the birth dates and past locations missing from the files? And why were there no other records of the Di Angelo family? It was as if they had vanished from existence, leaving behind only these two files.

Alfred, noticing Bruce's concern, spoke up. "It appears that someone has deliberately erased the personal information from these files, Master Bruce. It's as if they were trying to hide their identities."

Bruce's eyes narrowed. "But why? And who would go to such lengths to erase all traces of their existence?"

Alfred sighed; his voice tinged with worry. "I'm afraid I don't have the answers, Master Bruce. But it seems that Nico's past is shrouded in mystery."

Bruce clenched his fists, determination burning in his eyes. "We need to find out the truth, Alfred. We owe it to Nico to uncover his origins and protect him from whatever darkness may be lurking."

Alfred nodded in agreement. "I'll continue digging into any leads we can find, Master Bruce. But we must be cautious. Whoever erased these files may not take kindly to our investigation."

Bruce nodded, his mind already formulating a plan. "We'll need to be discreet and thorough. We can't afford to let Nico be caught in the crossfire."

As they continued their investigation, little did they know that their every move was being watched by a pair of cold, calculating eyes. Someone out there was determined to keep Nico's past a secret, and they would stop at nothing to ensure it stayed that way.

Bruce's mind was still reeling from the missing information he had yet to discover about Nico's past, but he knew he couldn't let it consume him. There was a party to attend to, and he needed to put on a mask on face for Nico's sake.

Taking a deep breath, Bruce made his way back to the main hall where the rest of the family was waiting. Nico, Tim, Dick, and Damian were all dressed in their finest attire, ready to greet the guests and make sure everything ran smoothly.

As Bruce approached, he noticed the nervousness in Nico's eyes. It was clear that he was still adjusting to his new life and the idea of being surrounded by so many people.

Maybe if Bruce was a bit gentler, Nico would open up himself. Bruce placed a reassuring hand on Nico's shoulder and gave him a small smile.

"You're doing great, Nico," Bruce whispered. "Just remember, we're all here for you."

Nico nodded, a hint of a hesitant smile playing on his lips. It was moments like these that reminded Bruce why he had opened his home and heart to this young boy.

The doors to Wayne Manor swung open, and the guests began to trickle in. Bruce watched as his family interacted with the visitors, their charm and charisma on full display. It was a sight that always filled him with pride.

But as the party went on, Bruce couldn't shake the feeling that something was amiss. He noticed a man in the crowd, his eyes constantly darting around the room, never settling on one thing for too long. It was clear that he wasn't there for the festivities.

Bruce discreetly motioned for Tim to follow him and made his way towards the suspicious individual. Tim, always the tech genius, had a small earpiece in his ear, allowing him to communicate with Bruce without anyone noticing.

"What do you think, Tim?" Bruce asked, keeping his voice low.

Tim's eyes scanned the man, his gaze focused and calculating. "I don't like the look of him, Bruce. He's not here for the party. I think he's up to something."

Bruce's jaw clenched. He had a feeling that this man was definitely here to cause problems. And right when Nico would be introduced. He couldn't let him get away.

"Keep an eye on him, Tim," Bruce said, determination lacing his words. "I'm going to find out who he is and what he wants."

With that, Bruce slipped into the crowd, his detective instincts kicking into high gear. He had a party to host, but he also had a secret to uncover. 

As Bruce approached the suspicious man, he noticed that he seemed to be wearing a disguise, a fake mustache and glasses. It was clear that he was trying to blend in, but his fidgety behavior gave him away.

"Excuse me, sir," Bruce said, his tone polite but firm. "I couldn't help but notice that you seem a bit out of place here. Is there something I can help you with?"

The man's eyes widened with surprise, clearly caught off guard by Bruce's direct approach. He stammered for a moment before regaining his composure.

"Oh, uh, no, I'm just a guest," the man replied, his voice shaky. "I must have gotten lost in this big mansion."

Bruce exchanged a knowing glance with Tim who was walking back discreetly. It was clear that the man was lying, but they needed more information before they could confront him.

"Well, in that case, let me show you the way out," Bruce said, gesturing for the man to follow him. "I wouldn't want you to get lost again."

As they walked towards the exit, Tim discreetly activated a small device on his wrist, scanning the man's face. Within seconds, a holographic display appeared, showing a match for the man's identity.

"His name is Marcus Reynolds," Tim whispered to Bruce. "He's a private investigator known for taking on cases involving missing persons...yet he's rotten, known to take bribes."

Bruce's eyebrows furrowed in concern. If Marcus Reynolds was here, it could only mean one thing: someone had hired him to find out more about Nico's...before they even introduced him.

"Keep an eye on him, Tim," Bruce instructed quietly. "We need to find out who hired him and why they're so interested in Nico."

Tim nodded, his eyes never leaving Marcus as they reached the exit. Bruce watched as the man hurriedly made his way outside, clearly flustered by their encounter.

Once they were alone, Bruce turned to Tim, determination burning in his eyes.

"We need to find out who hired Marcus Reynolds," Bruce said, his voice filled with resolve. "And we need to do it discreetly. We can't let Nico be exposed to anyone who might be dangerous and use him against us."

Tim nodded, his mind already racing with possibilities. Who could it be? How did they know of Nico so early? Even before they had even made him public.

Bruce returned to please the crowd with his sharp tongue. Putting on a smile again while he kept his eyes peeled for any other signs. Who could it possibly be? His mind roamed through any villain, vigilante, possible politician or rich guy that could have ever wanted to get involved with him and his kids. As he thought, his mind roamed to a certain green haired man with a smile he hated.

(A/N: TwT im finally done. Already getting on with chp 11 :^)

(A/N: Quick question, how tf do I calculate the degrees between the angles of a sundial to make one?? its due tmr nov.6 T_T)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.6K 883 17
When Percy suffers from the aftermath of the second Giant War, alone, he finds himself meeting up with the Avengers. After everybody he loves his gon...
2.1K 30 11
After devastating loses that nearly break Percy, he takes a break from the demigod world, but trouble still finds him. He's tried to escape it, he re...
11K 410 9
Another Quest. Another Task. Another world?! What happens when three demigods are sent to a world the Gods had forgotten, to reopen Olympus? PJO x DC...
103 1 7
𝑻𝒘𝒐 𝒍𝒐𝒔𝒕 𝒔𝒐𝒖𝒍𝒔. 𝑵𝒐𝒕 𝒄𝒐𝒏𝒏𝒆𝒄𝒕𝒆𝒅 𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒐𝒐𝒅. 𝑩𝒖𝒕 𝒃𝒚 𝒍𝒐𝒗𝒆 𝒂𝒏𝒅 𝒉𝒂𝒕𝒓𝒆𝒅 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒑𝒐𝒖𝒓𝒔 𝒐𝒖𝒕 𝒐𝒇 �...